Rachel Summers: 3

Princess Leia Organa vs. Stella Star
MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Fox's Fabulous Final Draft: Season Twelve

Fox

Thanks to everyone who got in a team so far!  Yay!  So many great teams 😎

The draft will remain open until Nov 1.  Hopefully some stragglers will get a team in.  It might take me awhile to check your team because I won't be online as much next couple weeks. Thanks!

Heh, wow, I'm surprised at all the people not yet chosen for the Scrappy Fighter slot. No one wanted Batman, Captain America, Wolverine, or Lady Shiva, for example? Batman himself wasn't even used in the last Draft.

42 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, wow, I'm surprised at all the people not yet chosen for the Scrappy Fighter slot. No one wanted Batman, Captain America, Wolverine, or Lady Shiva, for example? Batman himself wasn't even used in the last Draft.

Wolverine is a tier 8 character with his bone claws, and jumps up to tier 4 with his adamantium claws, so he's much too powerful. It is a little strange the likes of Batman and Captain America haven't been picked, but in the ninja category, people undersold Shiva, so I understand people not wanting her

39 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Shiva, Cap, and Wolverine are all tier 8 so should be out of the running. Same kinda goes for Batman to as his tier seems to go back and forth between 8 and 9 depending how the denizens the VS Battle Wiki are feeling. Granted right this very moment he is top of tier 9.

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Wolverine is a tier 8 character with his bone claws, and jumps up to tier 4 with his adamantium claws, so he's much too powerful.

Which is pretty strange, since the claws alone shouldn't really put Logan in that tier. 

7 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

It is a little strange the likes of Batman and Captain America haven't been picked, but in the ninja category, people undersold Shiva, so I understand people not wanting her

Eh, Shiva's good in stealth and decent in disguises, but she's not really a ninja. Ninjustu is literally not listed in her skillset. 

7 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Shiva, Cap, and Wolverine are all tier 8 so should be out of the running. Same kinda goes for Batman to as his tier seems to go back and forth between 8 and 9 depending how the denizens the VS Battle Wiki are feeling. Granted right this very moment he is top of tier 9.

It can also depend in which versions of these characters we're talking. IIRC, there's at least one version of each character that's at Tier 9. 

8 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Which is pretty strange, since the claws alone shouldn't really put Logan in that tier. 

True, but they let him contend with people who are that tier, which is why he's listed there. He can hurt the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer, etc. with his claws

8 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, Shiva's good in stealth and decent in disguises, but she's not really a ninja. Ninjustu is literally not listed in her skillset. 

If memory serves though, she even lost an MMA challenge. I may be misremembering 

EDIT: Nope, I was wrong. She was never in that. I may have been thinking of Cassandra Cain

31 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

True, but they let him contend with people who are that tier, which is why he's listed there. He can hurt the likes of Thor, Silver Surfer, etc. with his claws

Eh, I have a feeling the VS. Battles folks will take Wolvie out of that tier sooner than later. He shouldn't really rank that high simply because he could possibly get off a good scratch or stab on some Tier 4's. After that one good shot, most on that level should demolish him.

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Eh, I have a feeling the VS. Battles folks will take Wolvie out of that tier sooner than later. He shouldn't really rank that high simply because he could possibly get off a good scratch or stab on some Tier 4's. After that one good shot, most on that level should demolish him.

I mean, I totally agree that he's ranked way too high. But I think the general idea is that his claws and bones and injure and survive hits from people of that tier. Strangely, though, people like Alucard from Hellsing, who arguably is more unkillable than Wolvie, isn't list as high as Wolverine is. It's pretty inconsistent

7 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

Okay, here is my list.

1 Swarm

2 Tyr

3 The Chiss Ascendancy

4 Magica De Spell

5 Battle-Beast

6 BJ Blazkowicz

7 Chester Cheetah

8 Amazons

Sorry it took so long.

I love that the Chiss are getting some love.

10 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

Okay, here is my list.

1 Swarm

2 Tyr

3 The Chiss Ascendancy

4 Magica De Spell

5 Battle-Beast

6 BJ Blazkowicz

7 Chester Cheetah

8 Amazons

Sorry it took so long.

Alright, but did you add them through the Fantasy Draft option in your CP? If so, you still have two more slots to draft in and you can submit them for Fox to look at from there.

5 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

I'd also like to know if Abra from Doctor Sleep would be appropriate for Team Survivor.

That would be up to Fox to determine. You can make your Draft picks, then submit your team and see whether Fox accepts your picks.

I've been on vacation the last seven days, in which time I hiked through seven different theme parks - 3 Universal Orlando parks and 4 Disney World parks.

Needless to say I haven't done the reviewing.

But I'll get on that.

13 hours ago, Fox said:

I've been on vacation the last seven days, in which time I hiked through seven different theme parks - 3 Universal Orlando parks and 4 Disney World parks.

Needless to say I haven't done the reviewing.

But I'll get on that.

How was Disney world?

My wife and I are going in a couple weeks, and I've never been before. Just curious what your thoughts are

3 hours ago, Boratz said:

How was Disney world?

My wife and I are going in a couple weeks, and I've never been before. Just curious what your thoughts are

Having just done about every major Theme Park in Central Florida, I have a few thoughts on that subject.  I hope you will pardon a long response.

The Best Ride in Florida

The very best ride(s) in Orlando are actually at Universal Studios theme parks.  Not Disney World.

"Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure" is just an insane experience. I did it in driving tropical rain just before they closed it for bad weather.

hagrids-coaster-1.jpg

Sitting on a motorbike for a roller coaster is just nuts of an experience.  It doesn't go upside down but it does everything else.

The other Harry Potter rides at Universal are also good.  And they did a great job with the details of Diagon Alley and Hogsmead.

Anyways, that's my plug for checking out Universal Orlando.  Give it a look sometime if you can.

The Best Ride Disney's Animal Kingdom

"Avatar Flight of Passage", easily the best ride at this park.

Basically, it simulates riding a Banshee through the skies, like in the film Avatar.

flight-of-avatar.jpg

It's pretty cool, however you have to wear a Mask indoors and if your Mask also fogs up your flight glasses, you will be sad.  

Find a way to wear a mask that doesn't fog your glasses.

Disney's Animal Kingdom does not have the inventory of rides the other Disney parks have, but it's a really neat nature park with some cool animal shows and a couple strong rides.

The Best Ride at Disney's Epcot

I literally rode nothing at Epcot center.  They are having the International Food and Wine festival and all we wanted to do was cruise the different booths and sample all the great food.

That said, Epcot doesn't have any big thrill rides.  "Soarin’ Around the World" is supposed to be good, and they just opened the new "Remy's Ratatouille" which is only via Virtual Queue in the Disney App.

You will require the Disney App, but more on that later.

Anyways, I think there were more people there checking out the food than the rides.  Epcot is known to have the weakest ride selection of the four parks.

The Best Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Now we are getting into some serious rides.

"Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance", "Tower of Terror" and "Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Train" are all excellent.

I found the Millennium Falcon ride to be pretty lackluster and kind of a letdown, but still glad I checked it out.

There's a lot to like in this park and some excellent rides. 

The Best Ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom is home to all the classics.  If you've never ridden the classics, then you have your day cut out for you because there's a lot of them.  Gotta do "Haunted Mansion", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Jungle Cruise", "Peter Pan's Flight", etc.

The newest ride is "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" in Fantasy Land.

As far as thrill rides go, "Space Mountain", "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" and "Big Thunder Mountain" will be your go-to.

The Genie+ App

There is no getting around the fact that you will have to have the Disney App on your phone, and probably a Magic Band. Especially if you are staying at one of the many Disney hotels because all your Hotel stuff is also in the App.

Basically everything Disney is in that app.

Now, you can purchase for $15 dollars per person per day an extra service in the App called "Genie+".

Genie+ essentially lets you book a time to go to a ride and skip the line.  Instead you enter the "Lightning Lane" - a super short line.  Obviously, skipping waiting in line can save you a lot of time.

You'll have to make the call on weather or not that sounds like it's worth $15.00. My time is valuable so for me it was.

Touring Plans

Another service which can help you optimize your day at the park and who has a useful app is Touring Plans.

You will have to pay for a one year subscription to leverage the service. I think a year was about the price of a day of Genie+.

Anyways, their crowd data and statistics I found useful. But I'm kind of a nerd.

Booking Dining Reservations in the Park

We booked table service restaurants in each park.  For us, that turned out to be a mistake.

For one, the restaurants in the park have sub-par food. For two, their goal is to get you in and out as fast as possible.

The first in-park restaurant we ate at was so bad and so overpriced that we promptly cancelled all other dining reservations except 1 - "Cinderella's Royal Table" (the restaurant in the castle in the Magic Kingdom).

"Cinderella's Royal Table" is maybe the hardest dining reservation to get in Disney World, but it offers a unique experience getting inside Cinderella's Castle.

Anyways, have Cliffs Bar or something before you set out for the day and then just do a quick service lunch at one of the many quick service places in the park.  That keeps things more flexible and lower cost.  All the in-park food is questionable with the exception of Epcot's Food and Wine festival.

Having a Rental Car

The flexibility of being able to park-hop or go out to dinner off property, or to go and get food and supplies for your room off property, is great if you can swing it.

Everything at Disney on-site is stupidly expensive.

Also, relying on the buses or other Disney Park transport can be a drag.

Final Words

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

Definitely do some research and have an action plan.  Don't try and "wing it". Put some thought into how you will spend your valuable time there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Having just done about every major Theme Park in Central Florida, I have a few thoughts on that subject.  I hope you will pardon a long response.

The Best Ride in Florida

The very best ride(s) in Orlando are actually at Universal Studios theme parks.  Not Disney World.

"Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure" is just an insane experience. I did it in driving tropical rain just before they closed it for bad weather.

hagrids-coaster-1.jpg

Sitting on a motorbike for a roller coaster is just nuts of an experience.  It doesn't go upside down but it does everything else.

The other Harry Potter rides at Universal are also good.  And they did a great job with the details of Diagon Alley and Hogsmead.

Anyways, that's my plug for checking out Universal Orlando.  Give it a look sometime if you can.

The Best Ride Disney's Animal Kingdom

"Avatar Flight of Passage", easily the best ride at this park.

Basically, it simulates riding a Banshee through the skies, like in the film Avatar.

flight-of-avatar.jpg

It's pretty cool, however you have to wear a Mask indoors and if your Mask also fogs up your flight glasses, you will be sad.  

Find a way to wear a mask that doesn't fog your glasses.

Disney's Animal Kingdom does not have the inventory of rides the other Disney parks have, but it's a really neat nature park with some cool animal shows and a couple strong rides.

The Best Ride at Disney's Epcot

I literally rode nothing at Epcot center.  They are having the International Food and Wine festival and all we wanted to do was cruise the different booths and sample all the great food.

That said, Epcot doesn't have any big thrill rides.  "Soarin’ Around the World" is supposed to be good, and they just opened the new "Remy's Ratatouille" which is only via Virtual Queue in the Disney App.

You will require the Disney App, but more on that later.

Anyways, I think there were more people there checking out the food than the rides.  Epcot is known to have the weakest ride selection of the four parks.

The Best Ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Now we are getting into some serious rides.

"Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance", "Tower of Terror" and "Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Train" are all excellent.

I found the Millennium Falcon ride to be pretty lackluster and kind of a letdown, but still glad I checked it out.

There's a lot to like in this park and some excellent rides. 

The Best Ride at Disney's Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom is home to all the classics.  If you've never ridden the classics, then you have your day cut out for you because there's a lot of them.  Gotta do "Haunted Mansion", "Pirates of the Caribbean", "Jungle Cruise", "Peter Pan's Flight", etc.

The newest ride is "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" in Fantasy Land.

As far as thrill rides go, "Space Mountain", "Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" and "Big Thunder Mountain" will be your go-to.

The Genie+ App

There is no getting around the fact that you will have to have the Disney App on your phone, and probably a Magic Band. Especially if you are staying at one of the many Disney hotels because all your Hotel stuff is also in the App.

Basically everything Disney is in that app.

Now, you can purchase for $15 dollars per person per day an extra service in the App called "Genie+".

Genie+ essentially lets you book a time to go to a ride and skip the line.  Instead you enter the "Lightning Lane" - a super short line.  Obviously, skipping waiting in line can save you a lot of time.

You'll have to make the call on weather or not that sounds like it's worth $15.00. My time is valuable so for me it was.

Touring Plans

Another service which can help you optimize your day at the park and who has a useful app is Touring Plans.

You will have to pay for a one year subscription to leverage the service. I think a year was about the price of a day of Genie+.

Anyways, their crowd data and statistics I found useful. But I'm kind of a nerd.

Booking Dining Reservations in the Park

We booked table service restaurants in each park.  For us, that turned out to be a mistake.

For one, the restaurants in the park have sub-par food. For two, their goal is to get you in and out as fast as possible.

The first in-park restaurant we ate at was so bad and so overpriced that we promptly cancelled all other dining reservations except 1 - "Cinderella's Royal Table" (the restaurant in the castle in the Magic Kingdom).

"Cinderella's Royal Table" is maybe the hardest dining reservation to get in Disney World, but it offers a unique experience getting inside Cinderella's Castle.

Anyways, have Cliffs Bar or something before you set out for the day and then just do a quick service lunch at one of the many quick service places in the park.  That keeps things more flexible and lower cost.  All the in-park food is questionable with the exception of Epcot's Food and Wine festival.

Having a Rental Car

The flexibility of being able to park-hop or go out to dinner off property, or to go and get food and supplies for your room off property, is great if you can swing it.

Everything at Disney on-site is stupidly expensive.

Also, relying on the buses or other Disney Park transport can be a drag.

Final Words

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun.

Definitely do some research and have an action plan.  Don't try and "wing it". Put some thought into how you will spend your valuable time there.

Wow thank you, Fox!

We've been planning or saving for almost a year. We got one of those agent services that helped us in booking. Unfortunately we won't be going to Universal, but maybe one day. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the classic nostalgic rides that Magic Kingdom has and even the ones like Tower of Terror.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear that Smugglers Run is a lack luster because that was one that I'm looking forward to. I mean I'll still ride it, but sad because I've built it up in my mind to ride the Millennium Falcon. But oh well

We have got some of the reservation services so I will see what it is like the first day, and if it sucks that bad, we will cancel those and go elsewhere. We're definitely looking forward to Epcot. 

So with Genie +, can you pay for it after you get there? For example we have a plan of what we want to do but without knowing what the park is like, we don't want to pay for it yet without seeing what it is like first. 

20 minutes ago, Boratz said:

Wow thank you, Fox!

We've been planning or saving for almost a year. We got one of those agent services that helped us in booking. Unfortunately we won't be going to Universal, but maybe one day. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the classic nostalgic rides that Magic Kingdom has and even the ones like Tower of Terror.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear that Smugglers Run is a lack luster because that was one that I'm looking forward to. I mean I'll still ride it, but sad because I've built it up in my mind to ride the Millennium Falcon. But oh well

We have got some of the reservation services so I will see what it is like the first day, and if it sucks that bad, we will cancel those and go elsewhere. We're definitely looking forward to Epcot. 

So with Genie +, can you pay for it after you get there? For example we have a plan of what we want to do but without knowing what the park is like, we don't want to pay for it yet without seeing what it is like first. 

Do Smuggler's Run. You will appreciate being inside the Millennium Falcon. That said, I personally felt the way the ride was structured was a missed opportunity.

Smuggler's Run is essentially an interactive 6 person video game where everyone has a job to do and buttons to press at the correct time to complete the "Mission" and pilot the Falcon through a bunch of challenges.  At the end you get a score of how well the "Team" did on the run.  It's okay, just roll with it and don't take the competitive aspect of it too seriously.

If you have a travel agent or reservation service, have the agent or service set you up with Genie+ as part of your package.  In our case, that's how it needed to be done.  It did not seem to be an a-la cart purchase through the Disney App if you have a pre-planned package you are paying for.

Oh... one more important thing.  Florida is fucking hot and humid even in Winter.

What to Wear at Disney World

Buy and wear t-shirt made of moisture wicking quick-dry material. If you are not used to the tropical climate you will sweat like a pig. It's like a sauna. Trust me - moisture wicking material t-shirts. Not cotton or polyester.  They are easily to buy on Amazon.

Also, you will walk A LOT!  Miles ... you will walk miles.  Not kidding.

This is what I wore and it made it possible.  Z-Coil Spring Hiking Shoes.  Yes, they actually have springs.

z-coil_hiling_boots.jpg

Also purchasable on Amazon.

Probably don't wear those through the airport, though. Pack them in a suitcase.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Do Smuggler's Run. You will appreciate being inside the Millennium Falcon. That said, I personally felt the way the ride was structured was a missed opportunity.

Smuggler's Run is essentially an interactive 6 person video game where everyone has a job to do and buttons to press at the correct time to complete the "Mission" and pilot the Falcon through a bunch of challenges.  At the end you get a score of how well the "Team" did on the run.  It's okay, just roll with it and don't take the competitive aspect of it too seriously.

If you have a travel agent or reservation service, have the agent or service set you up with Genie+ as part of your package.  In our case, that's how it needed to be done.  It did not seem to be an a-la cart purchase through the Disney App if you have a pre-planned package you are paying for.

Oh... one more important thing.  Florida is fucking hot and humid even in Winter.

What to Wear at Disney World

Buy and wear t-shirt made of moisture wicking quick-dry material. If you are not used to the tropical climate you will sweat like a pig. It's like a sauna. Trust me - moisture wicking material t-shirts. Not cotton or polyester.  They are easily to buy on Amazon.

Also, you will walk A LOT!  Miles ... you will walk miles.  Not kidding.

This is what I wore and it made it possible.  Z-Coil Spring Hiking Shoes.  Yes, they actually have springs.

z-coil_hiling_boots.jpg

Also purchasable on Amazon.

Probably don't wear those through the airport, though. Pack them in a suitcase.

Thank you so much!

Just curious, how hot did it typically get?