Fantasy Team Page

Read more about Amazo at Wikipedia

Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain

Combat Terrain: Dagobah

terrain_dagobah.jpg

Guest bigballerju

Or would he just copy it?

Exactly and good point. Amazo has shown the ability to copy almost anything. Both comics and the DC Animated one.

Exactly and good point. Amazo has shown the ability to copy almost anything. Both comics and the DC Animated one.

He couldn't copy Super Boy Prime's powers and Prime didn't have any capability akin to Odin's Odinforce.

It leads me to believe since the Odinforce is effectively a unique concept, one sentient and powerful in nature, that the odds of it being replicated are next to nil imho.

Guest skadoosh

I can't remember if Amazo ever copied any magic powers. What is/are the most powerful magic ability/abilities that he has copied?

Guest bigballerju

Depends on what version of Amazo then because JLU Amazo copied all types of abilities. When he came back nothing could stop him. Could that one copy the Odinforce?

Depends on what version of Amazo then because JLU Amazo copied all types of abilities. When he came back nothing could stop him. Could that one copy the Odinforce?

JLU Amazo couldn't copy or counter Chaos magic. When he came along to help the Justice League battle Chaos Grundy, the magic started absorbing Amazo's own powers. Amazo had to leave the area and "consider how best to approach" the situation.

He was never seen in JLU again. :D

JLU Amazo couldn't copy or counter Chaos magic. When he came along to help the Justice League battle Chaos Grundy, the magic started absorbing Amazo's own powers. Amazo had to leave the area and "consider how best to approach" the situation.

He was never seen in JLU again. :D

This is true, however he was able to copy the magic of Dr. Fate, so it's purely chaos magic, rather than all types of magic that affects him that way.

With that in mind, considering that Odin is not a particular chaotic being, Amazo should be able to copy his powers.

Guest sithisson

Considering that chaos magic by it's very nature is as close to primal as one can get in terms of magical energy, Amazo not being able to copy it makes sense. Odin's power is at least cohesive and pure in it's general form; that is it has a form of sorts that one can place an identification  on it as Odinforce then I don't see why he couldn't. At least one incarnation's copied the power of the Lasso of Truth, a magical item in it's own right, then it should not be hard for him to copy Odin's power either.

That said being a wise Skyfather could Odin not know such is possible and have a counter to his power being copied?

Guest bigballerju

Ah good point I forgot about that. Fair point then so neither Amazo would copy the Odinforce. Still he would give Odin a good fight with the number of abilities he had. Unless Odin cuts loose from the start to which Odin ends this fight in a short amount of time.

Guest tomisntblue

Odin wins this in the end. But man, how cool would this be in a comic? I picture it something like the Hulk vs Thor movie. Have Odin in the Odin Sleep and AMAZO attacking Asguard and copying the abilities of every warrior or sorcerer he encounters. Only for him to have a confrontation with Thor, that the android ultimately wins, but the battle lasted long enough to Odin to wake and join the battle and finally put an end to AMAZO's onslaught. 

Guest badpierce

I think JLU Amazo is more powerful then the comics. That doesn't happen very often but the JLU one took one every earth hero and The Green lanterns and won. Even then it is close.

Yeah when I picked Amazo I had that JLU episode in mind when he went through the entire Justice League and Green Lanterns Corps to get to Luthor. He even teleported Oa to a different dimension because it was in his way. I felt it was a very safe pick for this slot, but even I'm not sure who would win between that version and Odin.

Guest Omega11

This is true, however he was able to copy the magic of Dr. Fate, so it's purely chaos magic, rather than all types of magic that affects him that way.

I could be forgetting but I don't remember Amazo ever copying Dr. Fate's powers. The episode that he returned he didn't copy anyone's powers.

Are you just assuming he did or was there a scene where it was shown, referenced, or even implied that I'm forgetting?

When I was looking at everyone's OH SHIT button, I knew I could beat everyone's with my choice. There was one I was worried about though, and that was Amazo. This would be an AMAZING comic, or like someone already said, have it like the Hulk vs Thor thing. I think Amazo at his most powerful will give Odin a run for his money, but Odin will take this battle. If Odin decides to go all out fast, he could take this quickly. If not, Odin will need some Odin sleep after this. Odin FTW though IMO.

Guest sithisson

I could be forgetting but I don't remember Amazo ever copying Dr. Fate's powers. The episode that he returned he didn't copy anyone's powers.

Are you just assuming he did or was there a scene where it was shown, referenced, or even implied that I'm forgetting?

Even if that's the case he's shown to have copied the Lasso's powers. Considering that's a magical item of nature one would place the idea that magic is not out of his range to copy. How powerful of the magic that he can copy is another different story entirely.

Then again as I said even if he did manage to copy Odin's powers you are talking Skyfather with those ...ravens right?..of wisdom. Even if the birds are not always shown it's clear being a powerful deity of sorts he's bound to know if something is trying to take his powers and mimic them and have a defense for it.

Playing devil's advocate here:

Is there anything suggesting that Amazo couldn't do what he did in the JLU episode and teleport Odin out of the combat zone? Win by default there? He was able to do that to the whole Green Lantern planet in essentially the blink of an eye..