Characters we hate!

treacherous

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest freshcenter

Bucky barns, blue beatle, Jubilee, robin, calender man, scarface, the thing, mr.fantastic,

first off bucky barnes is caps bitch and doesnt even have a hero name, and how gay is the name bucky. Blue beatle is a B spiderman. Jubilee she has the power to shoot firecrakers-gay. robin is batmans bitch, calender man,need i say more. scarface is puppet, you cant be bad ass or cool if your a *vulgarity*ing puppet. the thing is annoying as hell, and so is mr.fantastic.

Bucky barns, blue beatle, Jubilee, robin, calender man, scarface, the thing, mr.fantastic,

first off bucky barnes is caps bitch and doesnt even have a hero name, and how gay is the name bucky. Blue beatle is a B spiderman. Jubilee she has the power to shoot firecrakers-gay. robin is batmans bitch, calender man,need i say more. scarface is puppet, you cant be bad ass or cool if your a *vulgarity*ing puppet. the thing is annoying as hell, and so is mr.fantastic.

PG-13! Tone down the language please.

Guest freshcenter
Because I lack the time (well, not really. Not at all) and the diligence to elaborate, I'll list off people at random.

Hippolyta Hall- Not because she was a badly written character (show me a badly written Gaiman-character, and I'll show you a flying pig) but because she annoyed the hell out of me, especially in the Kindly Ones.

Every single soldier of the Galactic Empire who does not wear Stormtrooper armor- They look like Nazis.

C-3P0- Stupid droid doesn't know when to shut up.

Delirium of the Endless- Stupid text boxes were written so small. And shes annoying.

Superman- 'Cause everybody thinks he's so special cause he was first, etcetera, etcetera, and that makes him a TRUE hero, whatever the hell that is.

Black Cat- What did she do? Really, what did she ever do that really meant something in the grand scheme of things?

The Hardy Boys- I hate goody-two-shoes amateur detectives from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, etc.

Mario- For a plumber with character development the size of an atom, people really think he's one of the best characters in video games.

how can you not like superman, superman was the basis for every superhero. if there is no superman the comic industry would suck.

Guest freshcenter
Master Chief - could he be any more stereotypical? Give us something that stands out from the plethora of characters just like him throughout the history of storytelling.

how does the master chief not stand out,he's a big cyborg supersoldier in green armor who kills aliens and saves hummanity.

Guest freshcenter
You must be on something dude.

Naruto got one of the highest ratings in manga.

It si one of the best out there.

who cares if he has the highest ranking, naruto is retarted.

We always talk about characters we love or characters who don't get enough respect, but what about characters that suck. In this thread we discuss which characters suck and why. let's talk about that shall we...

My first pick...Sentry (that's right Marvel Man)

Why does he suck? Long story...here we go:

First Marvel has always had one BIG BLUE looming bane to their existence. His name: Superman. Superman was first and Superman was/is best. He is the epidemy of hero. Marvel has always been on the coat tails of trying to compete and defeat big blue to no avail. Supes is an American Icon. He is known throughout the world by people who know nothing of comics. Sure Marvel has characters that can beat up Superman (IE: Thor, Surfer), but who can relate to a god and a silver alien (by the way, Superman catching Thor's hammer in the Justice League/Avengers crossover was pure retarded. Superman has a weakness to magic. Not to mention this is magic wielded by a god. That hammer would've took Supes hand off. Popularity kids...popularity always wins.). What's that you say, "Supes is an alien." Yeah, but he looks like you and I and was raised by Ma and Pa Kent in the heartlands of Kansas. He's more American than apple pie. People love him and they relate to him, more so than they do with Thor and Surfer. So...Marvel has a knock off Superman by the name of Gladiator (who happens to be purple and has a mohawk). Let's discuss Gladiator, Marvel's answer to Supes?

First and foremost, Gladiator is a jobber (Wrestling term: look it up). His job is to make more popular characters look good. Basically, if you want Thor, Hulk or Thanos to look more powerful, have them beat up Gladiator. That's his purpose. Meanwhile, Gladiator is free to beat the crap out of any super powered individual of lesser importance. Don't get me wrong, sometimes Gladiator beats the more popular characters. He once beat Thor. But, most times...he's a jobber. So, Marvel still needs an anti-superman. This brings us to Sentry.

Horrible, horrible Sentry. The worst Superman knockoff of them all. His origin was so screwed and marred, It took them forever to sort it all out. He was originally a hero, but we all forgot about him because of the void or somebody stole our memory or blah blah blah stupid. So whatever, he's here and you deal with it. Oh and he needs to be relatable...blond hair blue eyes. That's more American than Superman! Now, he's got some ungodly power of a billion stars or something. What? How? We still don't know. Now, we got to make him stronger than Superman. Let's have him stop Terrax's axe. Ooh yeah, that's a Herald of Galactus. Nice PIS. Let's have him rip Carnage in half. Yeah, another great move. Let's have him do pretty much anything.

But wait he needs a weakness. We need to make him more relatable (believable). Okay, his only weakness is his fear of himself. That's right...he's so strong that the only thing he fears is himself (the void...whatever that is). There now he has a weakness, yet is still a badass. Now we'll have him cower in fear whenever trouble arises. He's scared of life...just like me! Whee. I'm just like the Sentry. He's so much better than Superman. Blegh, never Marvel. Give up. You'll never beat Superman.

my pick is sentry also but for a diffrent reason.

he is stupid his whole story is stupid he is a hero who is realy a villian who has been around

but no one ever hered of him untill like 2003 and yet he is stronger then galactus but weaker then hulk his whole story is stupid.

Guest Skeleton Guy

Due to the nature of this site, the choice would be clearly limited to comic books.

And there is one comic book character that I HATE with a burning passion:

Redhead Cop.

I don't know her name. I don't care about her name. Even if you tell me, she will forever be Redhead Cop to me.

She's Martin Soap's partner from Garth Enni's run on "Punisher", and she sucked every single time she apperared.

She was annoying, shrill, obnoxious, unpleasant, idiotic, unprofessional and all around a waste of time.

She ruined the Ennis run on Punisher on me.

I had to give it up and stop reading Punisher comics until he went to the MAX imprint.

I will forever rememember her as the single worst character in the history of comics.

When I saw Punisher dangling Soap from a building, about to kill him, all I could think of was: "Why, oh why, couldn't this be Redhead Cop?".

Guest silversurfer092
Due to the nature of this site, the choice would be clearly limited to comic books.

The choice doesn't have to be limited to comic books at all. Not only that, but this opening sentence has nothing to do with the rest of the post.

Guest Shockwave

Skeleton: I'm sorry, but by translation, Manga=Comic book in Japanese. Therefore, as this site clearly has a COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE BATTLES title, as so many of of you hardcore fans of comics from America sprout, I can safely say that they are allowed, and therefore have the same reason to be here like all the others.

And believe it or not, I have actually found some video game characters that have comics. By your logic, they should be allowed to partake in this site as well. Once more, there are movies that are turned into comics, as well as some novels (Stormfront for example)

Case and point, SHUT UP ABOUT IT! It's only called COMIC BOOK UNIVERSE BATTLES because it sounds a lot better than FANTASY UNIVERSE BATTLES or CROSSOVER UNIVERSE BATTLES.

Guest freshcenter

I like batman but you people have made me hate him. you give these gay excuses about how would win. I saw him face the justice leage and the joker, and he still won. I'm sorry but some of you people can be stupid, I bet if I posted a fight with batman and doomsday, you would say batman because of his damn batarangs.

Happy New Years.

I like Wolverine but you people have made me hate him. you give these gay excuses about how would win. I saw him face the justice leage and the joker, and he still won. I'm sorry but some of you people can be stupid, I bet if I posted a fight with Wolverine and doomsday, you would say Wolverine because of his damn claws and healing factor.

Happy New Years.

Fixed.

Guest Skeleton Guy

Count me in with Rakai'Thwei and his stupid Mirage Ninja Turtles.

I bet if you pit them against Doctor Manhattan, he would argue for the damn Turtles.

They are just mutant turtles, nothing more. They are not reality-warpers or magic users or anything. Just mutant turtles.

And it kills me how seriously he takes them, when Eastman and Laird clearly said their comic book was a parody. He's taking them far more seriously than everyone else.

And his arguments on WHY these speficic Turtles are better than the rest begin and end with "these Turtles KILL". He says nothing about characterization, writing, dialogue or story, just "these Turtles KILL".

It makes me sick.

So this comic that came more then several years before the first series of the ninja turtle franchise is a parody to a bad television show that came years after......right. also those Ninja Turtles don't kill they throw you off a building and send a grenade after you when they feel nice and they have taken on reality warpers.

Guest Skeleton Guy

"The concept originated from a comical drawing sketched out by Kevin Eastman during a casual evening of brainstorming with his friend Peter Laird. The drawing of a short, squat turtle wearing a mask with nunchakus strapped to its arms was incredibly funny to the young artists, as it played upon the inherent contradiction of a slow, cold-blooded reptile with the speed and agility of the Japanese martial arts.

They formed Mirage Studios and self-published a single-issue comic book that would parody four popular comics of the early 1980s: Marvel Comics' The New Mutants, which featured teenage mutants, Cerebus, Ronin, and Daredevil."

Get your facts right, Zreth.

"The concept originated from a comical drawing sketched out by Kevin Eastman during a casual evening of brainstorming with his friend Peter Laird. The drawing of a short, squat turtle wearing a mask with nunchakus strapped to its arms was incredibly funny to the young artists, as it played upon the inherent contradiction of a slow, cold-blooded reptile with the speed and agility of the Japanese martial arts.

They formed Mirage Studios and self-published a single-issue comic book that would parody four popular comics of the early 1980s: Marvel Comics' The New Mutants, which featured teenage mutants, Cerebus, Ronin, and Daredevil."

Get your facts right, Zreth.

Why do you self contradict your self?

I like Batman but you people have made me hate him. you give these gay excuses about how would win. I saw him face the justice leage and the joker, and he still won. I'm sorry but some of you people can be stupid, I bet if I posted a fight with Batman and doomsday, you would say Batman because of his damn claws and healing factor.

Happy New Years.

Fixed.

Not broken. Fixed.