Gambit: 4

Characters we hate!

treacherous

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catnips47
I said major. Let me reword this. Goku's defeated the three major magna villains(Frieza,Cell in GT,and Buu) along with almost every movie villain. Vegeta's track record: Humiliated and toyed with by Frieza,let's pride stop him from finishing Cell and is manhandled by Cell's perfect form, blows up to kill fat Buu and Buu still lives, and is even too afraid of Broly to initially put up a fight. That is despite training in high gravities as I mentioned before.Then there's Tien, yamcha,Krillen,and Chaotzu. Adult Gohan, who hadn't trained in years, was still stronger than them by the time the tournament came around. Your argument is flawed.I suggest using a different anime character than Goku to prove your point, if you know of one.

Goku is perfect for my original point. These last pages have been a huge transgression. I have been trying to compare incredibly strong characters to incredibly strong characters who train.

You've been comparing goku to weaker characters such as batman, which doesn't make any sense as of course the fact that goku is a saiyan is going to affect his case against the likes of batman, Captain America e.t.c. However, being a saiyan alone wouldn't have made him stronger than superman or hulk. The training has.

However, if you would like me to choose a different character I could pick Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Zoro, Naruto, Rock Lee or possibly the Elric Brothers

Guest Kinetic War

Aren't there already a dozen of threads for DBZ respect discussions? Let's concentrate on hating and being negative on this one, OK?

It's a fact: Kinetic War hates characters whose sole pupose is to be cool/bad@$$/OMGUBER!!!

Sounds about right. I'll just attempt to clarify a bit: I don't mind a bit or even a lot of badassness if

1) the character has other things to do and think about besides being a badass. I want a character to be 'real' if he's to be taken seriously. When being a badass comes naturally to a hero or a villain, I don't mind it. But if it's apparent that the background and the personality of the character have been specifically designed to justify his or her badassness, it's far from okay. Then it's just the boring and tired kind of badassness that I hate so much.

OR

2) it's clearly the over-the-top, comical kind. My guilty pleasures include DC's Lobo and the movie Commando with Schwarzenegger. Those are two examples of the utterly silly and totally crazy kind of violence and badassness. When the character is not meant to be taken seriously at all, I'll be happy to let the creator go nuts, as long as the result is entertaining.

That's what the Brosnan Bonds screw up. He's clearly supposed to be a character to be taken seriously, yet the nonexistent character development doesn't encourage that. James Bond is always just James Bond, and we're supposed to be all "yay!" about that.

Goku is perfect for my original point. These last pages have been a huge transgression. I have been trying to compare incredibly strong characters to incredibly strong characters who train.

You've been comparing goku to weaker characters such as batman, which doesn't make any sense as of course the fact that goku is a saiyan is going to affect his case against the likes of batman, Captain America e.t.c. However, being a saiyan alone wouldn't have made him stronger than superman or hulk. The training has.

However, if you would like me to choose a different character I could pick Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Zoro, Naruto, Rock Lee or possibly the Elric Brothers

Krillin-Fails so much it's become a running gag on DBZ Abridged.

Yamcha-Lost almost every battle in DBZ

Tien-See above and similar to Vegeta, dies trying to kill Nappa

Zoro-I'll give you that one but raise you a Bushido.

Naruto-Nine Tails Fox.

Rock Lee-Loses. A lot. Gaara, Kiminaro(Don't comment on how it's spelled wrong). I love the guy, but he almost never wins.

Elric Brothers-MAGIC! I don't really know about them so I can't make a serious comment.

Naruto-Nine Tails Fox.

Rock Lee-Loses. A lot. Gaara, Kiminaro(Don't comment on how it's spelled wrong). I love the guy, but he almost never wins.

Elric Brothers-MAGIC! I don't really know about them so I can't make a serious comment.

I agree.

Guest The Phenom

i freaking hate Naruto. That manga is soooo boring....

i mean pain was supose to be soo powerful and yet he lost to Naruto.

Itachi is sadi to be powerful, but yet he lost to Sasuke.

I thought the pain invasion was cool . BUT WHYYYY did Pain have to become good and bring all the ninjes back to life.

That just killed the manga. Sasuke lost to Killer bee and his older brother.

Gaara loses the monster inside him. Naruto is the worst manga yet next to DBZ. :P

Guest silversurfer092
Just don't listen to what he said.

Really? You're that immature? You love Naruto/DBZ SOOOOO much that you're going to blatantly disregard someone else's dissenting opinion. Well holy shit, now I know why America sucks so much.

Guest catnips47

Naruto-Nine Tails Fox.

Yamcha - 100% human

Tien - 100% human

Zoro - 100% human

Naruto - No longer need nine tails - through training

Rock - Lee - 100% Human

Elric Brothers - 100% human (sort of) - The alchemy is considered a science not magic.

This is going no where. If you wanna continue, create a topic for it, as we are being rather rude.

Guest Shockwave
You must be on something dude.

Naruto got one of the highest ratings in manga.

It si one of the best out there.

No I believe it's the other way around. Naruto is by far the worst Manga/Anime series ever made. It just sucks and fails.

I mean let's look at the series. It's nothing more than just the bastard child of Flame of Recca and DBZ, hell the Neji vs Naruto fight was move for move RIPPED from the Cowboy Bebop movie. The Drunken Fist was taken from the Jackie Chan movie "The Drunken Master".

Naruto learns a blue energy ball attack from a perverted old sage (Goku's Kamehameha and Roshi)

Then learns how to control his power and fight better after going to the sacred realm of the frog people (Goku and Kami/King Kai)

Seriously, I never thought that a series about ninjas could fail so hard. It's suppose to be ninjas fighting, throwing all sorts of stuff at each. Not do a move and take 5 episodes to explain it, then fill the series with pointless archs and kill off every cool character around.

Kishimoto's a fanboy of the most emo character created. And his fanboyism ruins the series.

You wanna know why it's so popular? It's because the fans are all young idiots like you who don't know what a good series is. Plot and storyline make a series, which Naruto can't use.

Guest catnips47
Now that was probably the best thing that I've heard you say this entire topic.

I thought my Hulk rant was pretty good as well....... apparently not.

Guest Kinetic War
I thought my Hulk rant was pretty good as well....... apparently not.

No, it was decent enough, but comes nowhere near the greatness of you agreeing that the parallelly running "training vs. no training" discussion be removed from this thread, as it's been going on for way too long now. Considering the number of responses, what it clearly needs is a thread of its own.

Guest Dark Ranger X
Man, I would enjoy watching an Admin read this...

I've been reading it. The fact people think DBZ and Naruto are quality manga makes me laugh.

Guest Shockwave
I've been reading it. The fact people think DBZ and Naruto are quality manga makes me laugh.

Too true. neither are anywhere near as good as Ippo, Berserk, Gantz, hell Fairy Tail's better, and it's made by the guy that made Rave.

• 2 weeks later...