Rocksteady: 2

Starfire Legacy

Mercenaryblade

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hamtaroblazex

Maharil's ears twitched happily when it was infact Saathera; she suddenly then got the urge to just hug her. It was a quick hug, she wasn't really sure if it was appropriate, especially when she just gave her a formal greeting. "Opps...sorry about that, just really happy to see you too--Her ears twitch once more as she hears a familer voice; right next to Saathera was Larkin, she felt bad that she didn't notice him at first, then again, he's not really one of the Brooding Mr. Universe type that she have seen. Though she didn't dare say it...

She nods quickly as she gets bombarded with the questions. But, she understood him, mostly. She then takes the time to answer each question. "Heh, still lost actually if you can believe that, but it's all good. I came here on my own accord, they haven't called me for anything so I thought of taking a few practice shots...if it's ok for me to join you guys...and the one you maybe, might come? Who is he? One of your commanders? Cuz you look pretty happy there, Larkin."

----------------------------

She nods as she quickly answers the question. "Your choice. From here on out, as long as you are with me, it's 50/50. Not a problem for you I hope?" Giving her a serious stare, before smiling again. "So once again; You wanna get down to business, going over routine things and basics Or...?"

Guest thetrekker

Charles looked at the fight emerging between the two pilots. One brash headed young Xyl and a level headed human. Both had been praised highly by their flight instructors, and since this was only a test run with the new pilots, he figured he could still play with the wingmates.

"Both of you stand down. This is only a test run, and I just want to see how we work as a team. Now, I suggest that we all get to know each other a little better. Learn the traits of your wingman, they can do a lot when you think of their flight patterns. I'll see you all at 0900 tomorrow on the flight deck. Squad dismissed."

With this said, Charles walked over to Deardra, speaking to him privately. "I've got to run a few bits of paperwork through the captain, but how about we meet in the mess hall about an hour from now?" That said, he walked out of the room and headed for the nearest turbolift to the bridge.

OOC: Hope I'm not doing anything out of line. Let me know if I am, RP skills are a bit rusty.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Maharil's ears twitched happily when it was infact Saathera; she suddenly then got the urge to just hug her. It was a quick hug, she wasn't really sure if it was appropriate, especially when she just gave her a formal greeting. "Opps...sorry about that, just really happy to see you too--Her ears twitch once more as she hears a familer voice; right next to Saathera was Larkin, she felt bad that she didn't notice him at first, then again, he's not really one of the Brooding Mr. Universe type that she have seen. Though she didn't dare say it...

She nods quickly as she gets bombarded with the questions. But, she understood him, mostly. She then takes the time to answer each question. "Heh, still lost actually if you can believe that, but it's all good. I came here on my own accord, they haven't called me for anything so I thought of taking a few practice shots...if it's ok for me to join you guys...and the one you maybe, might come? Who is he? One of your commanders? Cuz you look pretty happy there, Larkin."

Larkin nods enthusiastically as he is acknowledged. His ears perk as she speaks directly to him. "It's good to see both of you again." Larkin replies. "Maybe one of us can show you around, not sure when I'll be on duty mind you. Meantime, yah I don't think anyone will mind if you practice with us. I just can't wait to get my hands on some gun-metal." he says before wondering if that could've been worded right. Instead o drawing attention to it, he continued answering questions. "Oh right, yeah he's sort of higher up the chain of command. Navy MP or something....Matlock's his name, right Satheera?" Larkin asks, now turning to his more stout partner to fill in the blanks.

Bridge: Alice/Jansen: "Heading from here?" Jansen asked, "You mean when I'm releived? Probably study the reg manuals some more, want to make commander before the year is up."

Destiny: "Perhaps your right." The Pantheurian said with a flick of her tail, "Captain, I'm picking up some kind of transmission. Very irregular."

Martyr/Naomi: If either of them had been listening to the conversations they would hear the apparent news of some unknown coded signal, if either of them had something to contribute now would be an excellent time.

Training Range: Anders: the stoic would recieve a "slugger" a short compact carbine variant. He would then see a holographic image ahead of him he could change the image to either a target silouhette, a Sh'ra warrior, a space pirate or a fatigued clad humanoid.

Larkin/Maharil/Satheera: "Yeah, Matlock is his name. And luckily he's in a good mood." Satheera turned back to Maharil, "It is good to see you again, not since that incident on the way here."

Matlock/Hank: "Of, course. You are free to go." Lt. Higgins replied. He gave a nod to the ecurity contractor before leaving.

Mess Hall: Redfield/Lonergen: The major would spy his SNCO officer apparently already in the room and saluting him. A sign at the line would announce the day's lunch special was chicken fingers.

Gymn: Solus/Tora: "Wow, what's your max?" Solus would hear a young female human asking him, apparently in awe. Several other men and women were starng at him as well wondering the same thing.

Tora would be left alone as he ran his laps on the treadmill.

Ships Hallways: Omega/Excalibur: Omega would find the doors to the bridge shut and a pair of marines in front of them. "Halt! Authorized personnel only." One of them barked. Excalibur would be coming up right behind the scene.

Flight Briefing Room: Lynx/Talon: The human and the Xyl ceased bickering but they both cast spiteful glances at one another. "I'm out of here. I'll see you all tomorrow, where I'll fly circles around you." The cocky Xyl said sauntering out the door.

"I already don't like him." Deardra said to no one in particular. Cutthroat sighed, "Yeah and I got stuck with him." Deardra flicked his tail, "Well if things get bad maybe we can trade, nothing against my wingman." The half Pantheurian suggeted.

"Nah, I won't want to inflict him oon anybody." Cutthroat said heading for the door.

Hellcat: "Well, our flight lead did say we should get to know each other better." Lilly said.

Medical Bay: "Oh, just a juice carton if you could manage sir." The nurse responded to Pastor.

Garrigan, having excused himself from the security room, would proceed to take a casual walk around the ship, somewhat eager to familiarize himself with the vessel's layout. He'd served aboard war ships before, during his days with the marines, but twenty years of technological advancement separated those and the Starfire. He figured that if the ship was ever boarded by hostile troops, it would help to know his way around. As he passed the gym, he made a mental note to head there later and do some weightlifting, and maybe brush up on his boxing skills if any of the crewmen were willing to spar. 'I might not be as young as I used to be', he mused to himself, 'But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let myself get out of shape.'

Guest He who fights monsters

The silhouette would suffice as he would first attempt to attach a homemade suppressor. It did not silence the gun, but it did make the gun invisible. He also attempted to attach a homemade reflex sight onto the gun. This would test out the improvised attachments and show off marksmanship. His history as an assassin made sure his shooting skills are tip top. His previous training stressed head shot only kills. It was more efficient. Ammo was to be conserved. Consistently he made head shots to the silhouette.

Guest Djgambrell

Solus looked at the woman with his usual serious face. "Max? Hmm... I don't really know." He said plainly. And with that he'd leave to the shooting range.

Guest Jason Redfield

Redfield

Jason casually returned the salute, nodding to Lonergan. He sighed to himself resignedly before moving towards the lunch line. There was no telling when he'd be able to get his meals, so he might as well grab some chow while he had the time. Besides, it would be a good opportunity to get a feel for the crew present. Mess halls were social information breeding grounds.

Matlock

Matlock nodded to his superior, "Sir," before turning around. He glanced across the room to spot Larkin, speaking with several others. He made his way toward him, a slight smirk on his face.

Jake returned the nod in earnest. "Nice to meet you...er..."

"Doctor Le Diablo." Callsign "Pastor." Medical officer of the ship and a pleasure to meet you as well."

And walking over, he extended his hand as he adjusted the tray to another hand as he continued.

"But you have me at a disadvantage I'm afraid to say."

Guest KevinDWolf93

Alice: Alice smirks a little bit. "Well, you're even more ambitious than I was told. An interesting course of action, but if I might suggest an alternate pla-." she starts to say when the pantheurian speaks aloud. She turns to face her.

"Irregular? Interesting. Alright, is there anything else you can tell me?" she asks curiously. If the pantheurian didn't have a good answer, she'd ask what was needed to fix that problem. he was getting ready for something interesting to happen and it showed as her hands were gripped tightly around the railing.

Destiny: The intel officer gives a light smirk as she watches the communications officer goes. She steps aside so things could get done. If anyone needed prodding she would see what kind help the Pantheurian would need.

Larkin: The daedalian just nods as Satheera fills in the blanks. Upon the comment of being in a good mood he frowns a bit, figuring it was a stroke of luck that Vincent wasn't stuck up. He smiles at Maharil again, quickly jumping back into the conversation.

'Yeah I-...actually there he is." he notes, gesturing towards the Navy Officer. He catches that Vincent was smiling. Larkin waved him down before his head started to work. Why the hell was he smirking in their direction: Maybe we look goofy all together....or maybe he's gonna order us to do something. Maybe he will take us up on that wager.... Larkin wonders, drifting off in his own little head. this was outwardly noticeable, unfortunately for him.

Jake chuckled as he shook the other man's hand. "Master Gunnery Sergeant Jake Lonergan. Or Ace...if you prefer." He replied as he moved to sit back down.

"So, doctor eh? Tell me, you got any remedies for what this gunk will do to my stomach?" He asked gesturing to the food.

Jake chuckled as he shook the other man's hand. "Master Gunnery Sergeant Jake Lonergan. Or Ace...if you prefer." He replied as he moved to sit back down.

"So, doctor eh? Tell me, you got any remedies for what this gunk will do to my stomach?" He asked gesturing to the food.

Giving the food a sniff, he smiled again and remarked in his best medical officers voice.

"Hmmm....Some things are beyond current medical science. All I can really say is to grin and bear it for now."

Jake chuckles at that. "True enough. There's some stuff people just can't fix. Gotta love military cooking."

"The more things change..."

He quoted and getting himself some munchies to take back to the medical bay, he smiled.

"I hope to talk more to you at length, but I promised the nurse I'd bring her something. Later."

And with a cheerful expression, left to do so. Wondering at the same time what sort of missions would come about for this ship.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Maharil ears twitched happily to hear that she was accepted. "Wow, I really appricated that, whenever you have time of course." She turns to Satheera as she finishes what Larkin started. "Heh, it really is nice to see you too, Satheera...yeah, that was something. You still ok after that?"

She then saw Larkin point to the Matlock fellow. The smirk on the Lt. was defintly unerving, espically when she noticed it was worrying Larkin as well. She padded him on for support.

----------------

Hell-Cat couldn't help but laugh a little. Thank you Excalibur. "Heh, he sure did." She answers as she notices the other guys arguing with each other, she was gonna say something, but, she thought it was sometimes best to ague a little with some people. Her tail swishes behind her really curious know to get to know her wing-mate. "So wanna talk over some coffe or something?" She ask politely, taking a single step over to the door, waiting for Lily to join her.

Bridge: Alice/Jansen/Destiny/Martyr/Naomi: Jansen followed along beside his captain as she spoke with the Pantheurian comm officer. "Well I've never encountered a coded transmission like this before. I hate to sound like an alarmists but it sounds like it might be Sh'ra." Jansen stiffened at that, she had said the word rather loudly by now the whole bridge would have heard it.

Training Range: Anders: He would't get very far with his modifications when there was a throat being cleared next to him and a tap on the shoulder, a man with "Range Master" Stenciled on his hat would then jerk his thumb at a sign, on it were the rules of the range and one of the rules listed stated that there would be no tampering of the weapons. "What exactly do you think you're doing? Unless you've got a signed waiver from the captain you can't be messing with goverment property like that."

Larkin/Satheera/Maharil: Satheera nodded, "Oh, yes I'm all right. It was an eye opening experience though." She glanced over noticing Matlock.

Matlok: The master at arms would notice Anders being corrected by the range officer, he would also catch fragments of conversation coming from Maharil Satheera and Larkin though over the gunfre it was hard to tell what they were saying.

Mess Hall: Redfield/Ace: As Redfield was waiting in line and Lonergen went back to the rather dubios food, Talon would walk in it would be obvious to everyne he was a pilot from his clothing, the brash Xyl made his way into the line a few people down from Redfield. "Geeze! Can this line move any slower? What do we have someone that doesen't speak the trade language very well?"* The Xyl stood in line arms folded if his beak were capable of displaying emotion it'd be scowling.

Flight Briefing Room: "Hmm, uh sure." Lilly said also stepping for the door.

Deardra started for the door he held it open when he saw Hellcat and Lilly starting to leave, "I'm headed for the mess hall myslef." He said trying to make conversation

Ships Hallways: 2nd deck (Outside the bridge) "I'm sorry sir, if you want to speak to the captain it must be through the proper channels, I can't let you through. We can't have everyone waltzing in and out the bridge as they please: The Marine responded to Omega. Excalibur would still be a few steps behind him, he had authorization to use the bridge and if he wanted to he could vouch Omega along with him.

1st deck: As Hank wandered past the gymn he'd spot Solus coming out and heading back to the firing range, he'd likely remember the large Daedalian from the initial briefing.

Pastor would encounter no truble on his way back to the med bay, though he'd notice several interesting looking crewmen. Includding an apparent half Pantheurian holding the door to the pilots briefing room open.

Guest force_echo

"Are you kidding me? Show some respect to your elders son, that's a ranking captain behind me, a living legend of the original Starfire Squadron. No doubt he knows the Captain personally, so if you don't want to get demoted back down to a private, or whatever the hell military rankings are these days, I suggest you let us through."

Guest He who fights monsters

Realizing the error, Anders had the tact to stop and prevent his mods. He did not add things to the gun after all. "A thousand apologies." Anders was trying his best to reduce this to a faux pas. He was undoing what he would have done as he now knew the rules. Cover must not be broken.

Lonergan just idly stared as someone, a pilot from the looks of it, started to make a scene. "I wouldn't worry about it, hotshot, there's plenty of food, it's not like its going anywhere. Just be patient. Course, why you are so eager to eat such gunk, is beyond me." He commented after the tirade.