Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Starfire Legacy

Mercenaryblade

Guest He who fights monsters

Anders decided to add himself to the line. He did not utter as single word when doing so. He sought to choose a weapon that eas sleek and not very clunky. He decided to scan the area for a weapon he was familiar with. He was most familiar with sniper rifles, CQB, and just about any gun or other that is suited to his skills. He was a person of few words. Actions speak louder than words.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"An emergency? I guess not. I've been living with this shit for a couple years, a few more minutes won't kill me."

"A very pragmatic attitude."

And striding out, Pastor would smile and speak.

"Thank you nurse, if you could please find this gentleman's record I should be able to assist. Now then. Name, rank and serial number please?"

He inquired politely.

Guest Djgambrell

Solus looked around and took in the sights sounds and smells of the room. He looked at the Pantheurian who asked him to spar and shook his head. He wasn't in the mood. He looked over to the weights and thought they were more his style. He looked at the bench and looked to see how big the weights got.

Guest force_echo

"Name's Omega. No rank or serial number, I'm a merc. Wait a sec, I know you. You're that preacher dude aren't you? A religious military doctor, don't see many of those. Maybe 'cause its hard to hold on to a faith when all you see is 18 year old kids with their limbs blown off."

"Name's Omega. No rank or serial number, I'm a merc. Wait a sec, I know you. You're that preacher dude aren't you? A religious military doctor, don't see many of those. Maybe 'cause its hard to hold on to a faith when all you see is 18 year old kids with their limbs blown off."

"When times like that happen, I generally find it best to hold onto faith. Now then....If you will come with me."

And as he led the way to the examination room, he added.

"My call sign is Pastor by the way. Now what can I do for you today?"

Guest Jason Redfield

Matlock

Vincent eyed Larkin silently for several moments, eyebrows raised. Some officers would reprimand the PFC, but Matlock hadn't gotten where he was by being hard-nosed. "Alright, Private. My interest is piqued. Why don't you two go ahead and get started. I'll see if I can't drop in after I handle my own duties."

Guest KevinDWolf93

*Alice- The Commander gives a light smirk. That was more or less what she was expecting.

"Ah, well that's very good. I can tell things are in order now, thank you Lt." she says. "Definitely have been more time-efficient with me." she comments non-chalantly. "So made any acquaintances so far?"

*Destiny- Destiny stares her right int he eyes. Some of the most beautiful she's seen in a pantheurian and that was saying something. She comes out of the stupor as the officer finishes speaking. She takes a look at the communications she likely wasn't as good as the worker, but it was worth a shot to try and make heads or tails of it.

I see....well, can you tell if it's coming from a ship or something? Anything details like that which might be useful? As in it's not something that should be broadcasting round these parts?" she asks, trying to get the officer to think up something clever.

*Larkin- Larkin took the look rom Satheera, and to be honest she was probably right. he stood at attention and waited to get yelled at; he was sort of used to that. That made Matlock's canswer after a proper silence quite surprising. Lucky him, this place seemed to be a lot more chill than he was expecting.

"Umm, yes...thank you sir." he says before motioning for Satheera to snag a spot for weapons. "Best of luck to finishing up." he says before moving next to Satheera. That certainly wasn't what he was expecting.

Guest hamtaroblazex

Maharil slowly walked towards the Shooting Range. She saw quite a few people out in the hall, but none of them stood out like the rather huge human that apparently had a really bad day. She moved out of the way to let the man pass, not wanting any sort of altercation. Her tail twitched as she gave once last glance behind her before continuing to the door. Only to be greeted by another tall human whom reinforced her suspicion of the room being busy, at least for the moment. And then she would almost make an audible gasp as a even huger being came out of the room. The most biggest Daendalian she has seen in her entire life, with a face that meant busines and the scars that she was able to see made that very much more clear.

Jeez, is everybody on this ship a brooding Mr. Universe!? She thinks to herself as he glances at her, she gives a curt nod and then he just leaves. She then notices others people were coming out, so she thought it was ok for her to go in. She ends up looking around for a good while before catching a glimpse of a very familiar ring tail.

"Satheera!?" The young engineer ends up blurting it out without thinking.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hell-Cat gave a stern nod as she kept standing. Now, she didn't show it, but she was diffidently elated on the inside. Heh...So this is what it feels like to feel appreciated, feels good. Real good. Different from being feared, much diffrent, but can't complain; just gotta leave the past behind me and I'll be ok.

Her ears twitch when she hears the adorable little hybrid boy was the offspring of the very famous Panthurain, Shrimidra. She frowns a little remembering the past once again. Flashes of memory past by her, but she shakes it away. Repeating her mantra. The past stays in the past. She then hears the others, interesting bunch she thinks, but the one that really catches her slit eyes was the very self confident and alluring, Lilly. She bites her lip, trying to restrain herself from getting any funny ideas.

...Ok..ok...Just keep your paws to yourself and you'll be just fine...Heh, I can see why He said those things when we were together...

Guest thetrekker

Charles listened to each of the pilots introduce themselves and their callsigns. He then took a few moments to double confirm his wingman roster on the sheet of paper. Nodding quickly, he turned back to the group and said "Very well then here are the assignments. Cutthroat, you're with Talon, Lilly, you'll fly with Hellcat, and Lynx will fly with me. I'm certain that you've all had a look at the specs on the fighters (OOC: I believe Merc said they looked like this last time, but the design may have changed over 2 decades), but only a few of you are truly used to flight. Tomorrow we'll meet on the flight deck at 0900 and have a little test run of the ships. Any questions?"

Guest force_echo

"Just some painkillers for me doc. I had a faith once. It got burned off of me with grade 7 thermite paste." Omega unconsciously touched the titanium alloy half of his face. "But hey. If a spooky dude in the sky keeps you from goin' nuts, then I guess you're a hell of a lot better off than I am."

"Just some painkillers for me doc. I had a faith once. It got burned off of me with grade 7 thermite paste." Omega unconsciously touched the titanium alloy half of his face. "But hey. If a spooky dude in the sky keeps you from goin' nuts, then I guess you're a hell of a lot better off than I am."

Checking the file brought in, he would contemplate before moving to his shelf to see if he had the painkillers in stock as he remarked mildly, tapping the side of his face where his eye was lost.

"I know the feeling....But I suppose it differs. Faith, whether in God, yourself or otherwise is not tested in peace, but rather through trials. Like the archaic method of sword smithing, the ancients would pound the metal mercilessly and without pause. Those that survived the process became great swords...Those that did not, shattered. Ah, but here I am. Delivering a sermon when its this you want...Here you are!"

And bringing it out, he wrote out instructions and added.

"So other the lingering pain, are there any other symptoms I should be aware of? Nausea or the like. Nightmares? Sometimes the mind can affect the body in ways strange and unusual."

Guest Jason Redfield

Redfield

Jason exited the Training Room. There were no doubt other parts of the ship that needed tending to. He wandered through the corridors, considering his options. He could always check on his real assignment, but that was a sensitive matter and something that was better off not being forced. The thought of visiting the bridge crossed his mind but he shut it down just as quickly. He wasn't ready for that. Not yet. Even if he was only delaying the inevitable, he couldn't bring himself to face her.

Matlock

Vincent nodded to Larkin before coming to attention at Higgins' side, waiting to be recognized. He was anxious, but doing his best to hide it.

Martyr: The Selurian would be left to herself though if she was paying attention she could hear several conversations.

Martyr would return to her reading and listen in on the conversation. She knew she had messed up, but soon enough she'd probably get to make it up by proving just how useful she was. She was expecting insults and emotionally prepared to not attack those who said them.

Guest hamtaroblazex

In the midst of her mantra, her ears picked up what Alexander said. "Lilly, you fly with Hell-Cat."

​She immediately coughs, trying to clear her throat as it started swelling up from shock. She glances over to Alexander and then to the others; she wanted to protest, she wanted to switch, but orders were final. She bites her thumb, fate is testing me, I just know it. Fine if it wants to see my iron clad resolve, I'll show it...I hope..Then again...she's a hard one...she'll probably shoot down my advances...Though...I never could take no as an answer...Heh...

"No Sir, no questions." She exclaims before grabbing her things and putting them neatly into her bag. The Panthurian then trots over to her new wing-mate, extends a hand in respect and shows off her pearly whites. "Hey there, you wanna get down to business now? Or....?" Her tail twitches freely behind her as she waits for her to fill in the blank.

Guest force_echo

"Errr.... No. No, of course not. Heh. Nothing to worry about here. Just pain." He gulped the painkillers down. "You know. You're alright doc. Maybe I'll see you in the chapel sometime. Although more likely it's gonna be in the med bay."

Omega gathered his combat suit and was about to walk away. "I just gotta ask man. They say God has a plan for everyone. A plan for a good man to take a shotgun blast through the face for daring to exist in a pirate's path, while his partner, a man who's killed more people than anyone knows, walks away. A plan for evil reptilian beings to raze the galaxy and kill innocent people. A plan for the 250 million on planet Xandrad that got wiped out when the Sh'ra dropped a satellite from space on it. And every time I ask why, everybody just says that His plans are not meant to be understood by normal people, that they're unfathomable. Maybe that cuts it it for some people, but... Well, I hope the big guy knows what he's doing."

If Pastor had a response, he would listen. If not, he would walk out the door.

Bridge: Alice/Jansen: "Acquantinces? Jansen asked, "Well I haven't learned names just yet." He admitted. "I'm still new here."

Destiny: The Pantheurian twitched her tail, "I beleive it's coming from a ship but not any in our immediate area. I can't crack this code but it seems familar." She looked at Destiny again, "I don't want to be an alarmist but I think it's Sh'ra." She said in a low tone. "If there's anyone here versed in their codes, that'd be great. Don't want to sound the alarm for nothing."

Naomi: "Yeah? This is my first official assignment. Before I was just a pilot for hire, I mostly worked with merchant vessels and a few times we had to escape pirates but other than that it was rather dull."

Martyr: The young Selurian would not have any attention drawn to her, but she could hear Jansen and the captain talking, also the communications officer and the other woman would be saying something in low tones.

Training Range: Matlock/Lonergen/Garrigan: Lt. higgins turned to the young officer, "Matlock." He acknowledged him. "Something you need?" He'd leave the vets to themselves.

Maharil/Larkin/Satheera: Satheera turned to see Maharil: "Maharil?" She asked, she hadn't seen the Pantheurian since she her Larkin and Deardra had a bit of an adventure on their way to the ship. "Good to see you again." The Selurian said, bowing slightly.

Anders: The man would be toward the front, several weapons would gleam ahead of him, but he wouldn't be able to touch one without the armourer signing one off to him. "What can I do for you?" one of the men said, "Ballistic or blaster?"

Ship's Hallways: Redfield would notice a few crewmen going about their jobs, where he went was up to him. The gymn and mess hall were not far from him. Where the marine/ONI operative went was up to him

Flight Briefing Room: OOC: Yeah that's what the old Nova class looked like. But we're flying new multirole fighters called Wyverns http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100130001654/starlancer/images/a/a6/Mirage.jpg

Lynx was honored that his dad's old friend chose him as a wingman he tried to not let his excitement show. "It's an honor." He said taring his flight leader in the eye. "I won't let you down out there."

Cutthroat meanwhile was not too pleased with his wingman, "Oh, great I'm stuck with the hotshot." He muttered. Talon turned on him he was going to ask something but the comment had to be addressed. "You got a problem with me?" He asked, Cutthroat scowled at him. "Yeah actualy I do. You're an egotistical blow hard who's probably going to bite off more than he can chew and get killed." Talon clacked his beak. "Hey, no guts no glory." He retorted. Cutthroat folded his arms, "Whatever, a true ace knows when to fight and when to run. What good is a dead pilot?"

Hellcat: Lilly took the hand and smiled back, but frowned at the odd question, "Or what?" She asks genuinely confused.

Gymn: Solus: the Daedalian would see that the weights could take as much as he could fit on them,though there were warnings posted everywhere about knowing ones limits and not putting too much weight on the bars. Several of the others using the weight machines stared at the large Daedalian feeling suddenly puny.

Tora: The Pantheurian would find an unused treadmill, like Solus he too was gaining a lot of attention by just being in the room.

Medical Bay: OOC: geeze guys did we have to have a religous debate? :P

The nurse minded her own duties, allowing the doctor to see his patient. There wasn't anything she couldn't handle right now, except the hypochondriach.

"Errr.... No. No, of course not. Heh. Nothing to worry about here. Just pain." He gulped the painkillers down. "You know. You're alright doc. Maybe I'll see you in the chapel sometime. Although more likely it's gonna be in the med bay."

Omega gathered his combat suit and was about to walk away. "I just gotta ask man. They say God has a plan for everyone. A plan for a good man to take a shotgun blast through the face for daring to exist in a pirate's path, while his partner, a man who's killed more people than anyone knows, walks away. A plan for evil reptilian beings to raze the galaxy and kill innocent people. A plan for the 250 million on planet Xandrad that got wiped out when the Sh'ra dropped a satellite from space on it. And every time I ask why, everybody just says that His plans are not meant to be understood by normal people, that they're unfathomable. Maybe that cuts it it for some people, but... Well, I hope the big guy knows what he's doing."

If Pastor had a response, he would listen. If not, he would walk out the door.

He chuckled in reply, though no mirth was meant in it.

"Ah, I know the feeling.... "Why do bad things happen, if God is truly there?" Well, I could say his ways are not ours....But I don't believe that any more then you do."

And for the first time, he would look up at the other in a manner beyond simply doctor and patient as he spoke patiently.

"For me, things like disasters....Typhoids and tornadoes, solar flares and plague are all beyond our power....But where would we be without them? I would think a soldier more then anyone else would know the power of strength through adversity. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger and as you grow, you in turn are better prepared to aid others as much as yourself. In and of itself, this would be great...But then we get down to the real gift. What separates a thinking sentient from the animals."

And leaning back in his seat, pen twirling he would think back on memories of the trenches, of the incident that took his eye as he spoke.

"But perhaps we can save it for another time."

And smiling at the other, he spoke.

"Do feel free to visit me at any time. I enjoy conversation, and its a nice change of pace from the sadder reason I am aboard this ship."

Guest He who fights monsters

"Sluggers please." Anders spoke in monotone. He was a man of few words. After Anders received a weapon, he would examine the weapon to see if his memories came to play. Time in the underworld made him familiar to weaponry. Anders made attachments for weaponry before. Suppressor or scope, he made them out of appropriate materials.

The stoic man arrived to the range for targets. Silhouettes in ahape of humanoids and sentients were prefered. It would remind of the early days. After all, Anders Steel-Fist was an assassin.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Alice: Alice nods at her Lt. "Right, I suppose I can't hold it against you for not memorizing em this early, just wanted a quick reminder. Remember you'll be sharing the whole with em. Anyways, I was merely asking out of curiosity, from the sound of everything you've been doing fine work of holding down the fort. Where are you heading from here?" she asks curiously trying to put off good vibes.

Destiny: Destiny looks on curiously as the communications officer explained. Her thoughts drifted, Sh'ra weren't her specialty. She glances up towards the "ol' hag". She's encountered Sh'ra for sure, but cracking codes might be above her experience. Her eyes rest back on the Pantheurian and she bites her lip a bit. From her experience, if something looked like a threat best treat it like one.

"Well, I'll let it be your call on whether or not you share your opinion about the origin of the code, you're the expert. Keep in mind if it's not registered and it's trying to hide from us then we oughta let the rest of the bridge in on this anomaly. It could be a threat and that warrants any false alarms. Trust me." she comments solemly before giving another look around. "As for any specialists in Sh'ra code, I couldn't tell ya if anyone in this ship is capable of it...doesn't hurt to ask though." she says simply. "Good job spotting it Officer, but now it's a bit out of our hands." she comments, admittadely not being well acquainted yet but, trying to be respectful about the whole thing. As she promised wat happened ext was entirely up to her.

Larkin: Larkin's ear twitch as he's called from across the room. he turns as Satheera peaks. He grins widely before flagging down Maharil.

"Hey girl!" he shouts, almost making it a yelp. Realizing it, he turns toe volume down before continuing, a bit embarrassed. "Been awhile, how is the ship for you? Did you know we were here or ere you just hoping to open fire on some stuff?" he asks in rapid fire succession. "You won't believe who I maybe got to join us for a firing session." he comments, still grinning widely as he waits to pick up a big gun.

Guest Jason Redfield

Matlock

Vincent replied respectfully to Higgins, "If there's nothing to be handled sir, I was looking to be released for some target practice."

Redfield

Jason decided to make his way to the mess hall, striding through the ship corridors. He had a lot to think about. Redfield doubted a tray of military food would help him sort out the thoughts zipping through his mind, but you never knew.

Guest force_echo

Omega wanted to point out that whatever didn't kill him completely shattered his psyche. That the people of faith who died without getting a chance to become stronger, to become healed... Still, the doctor had a certain quality about him, something Omega lacked, maybe something Omega had been searching for for decades upon decades. The question to the answer that had been tearing him apart at the seams. Something about faith... Omega could imagine a cool salve to the burns inside of him. Something that could fill the holes and mend the mind. But he couldn't. For whatever reason. He couldn't.

"I will, doc. First time I've had a real talk in..." He wanted to say decades. "A long time. I'm heading up to the bridge, got a mission spec I wanna share with whoever the hell's in charge of this thing. And thanks. For the painkillers, and the... other stuff." With that, Omega touched his fingertip to his head in an informal salute and exited, heading towards the bridge.

Guest Djgambrell

Solus began to pack weight onto the bench bar. 200 lbs on each side for a total of 400 pounds. He locked it in and began his lifts. He went until he had pumped out 50 with little signs of effort. He put the bar back up and got up to stretch. It was a good warm up. He then got up and started stretching. He was ready for duty.

Lonergan had been quietly eating his food in the mess hall, the food and the solitude was peaceful yet at the same time allowed his mind to wander to times of hard fought battles. It was ironic, he thought to himself. After a while he heard someone else enter the mess hall. Turning, he spotted the Major. Immediately standing, he started a salute.

OOC: Of course, assuming he's there already.