Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Starfire Legacy

Mercenaryblade

The Starfire was in orbit over the colony world named Premonition, it was a fledgling world that was growing fast settled shortly after the Sh’ra war its primary resources was raw materials and farming. Because it was still a young colony it made it a prime target for pirates and other raiders which was why the Starfire was flying protectively over it.

The ship would not be there for long they'd be there until their relief arrived; in the meantime the ships relatively new crew was still getting to know her. It was the maiden voyage of the Starfire after all:

The Bridge: Destiny, Naomi, Martyr, Jansen: Lt. Commander Jansen had just arrived on the bridge, it was smaller then the last ship he had served aboard but it was newer. He surveyed the area noting that everyone was at their stations and seemed to be conducting their assigned duties. Except he heard someone up front griping about their not being anything exciting.

Destiny: Destiny was next to a communications officer a brown furred Pantheurian female who was minding her own business monitoring frequencies. If she were to come across anything that seemed to be suspicious she was to pass it on to Destiny.

Martyr: The Selurian was at her station on the tactical display, right now nothing much of interest was going on only a few friendly freight ships were in the same space as the Starfire. Still anything could change at a moments notice.

Naomi: The navigator would be eated next to the pilot the two were supposed to work togeather in flying the ship, right now they both had things easy just maintain orbit. The pilot was a Xyl with a bright crest of red feathers on his head. "I was hoping for something more exciting." He muttered to her.

The Captain's Office: Commander Alice Remington would probably want to make an appearence on the bridge, just as soon as she finished reading the morning reports none of which had anything concerning. The only interesting items were a few familar names on the crew roster. The bridge was just a door over.

Training Range: Redfield, Ace, Tora, Omega, Larkin, Satheera, Anders Steele,

Marines: The Marine officer in charge Major Redfield, and SNCO Master Gunnery Sergeant Lonergan would now have the first chance to review their new troops, most of them appeared to be green kids out of bootcamp. Satheera stood at attention not moving a muscle even her tail stood still as she held her position of attention. Standing next to her was Larkin and to his side was Anders Steele there were several other recruits mostly human. To the side were the private contractors Omega and Pantheurian Tora

Master-At-Arms: (Security)

Across from the Marines a similar situation was occuring, the master at arms and the security personnel were now being reviewed by officer in charge Higgins, and his subordinate Vincent Matlock Higgins stopped in front of a large Daedalian (Solas) "Welcome aboard." He said simply eyeing the large Daedalian Not far from the Daedalain a human security operative called Hank Garrigan would be in front of Matlock. If they wished to engage in conversation now would be the time.

Flight Briefing room: New pilots, Deardra Sphinx and Cl'tin were awaitingthe arrival of their commanding officer Excalibur He still had yet to show himself, and Cl'tin was getting impatient. "When's this guy going to show?" He griped at a pilot seated next to him a small human woman. "He gets here when he get's here." The female pilot snapped, "He's in charge he can take how long he pleases." Cl'tin scoffed at her. "Sorry I didn't know I was speaking to a reg book." He turned away from her ruffling his feathers in disgust.

Deardra shook his head at the Xyl, he already disliked him and it was barely five minutes. The young hybrind was eager to meet his commanding officer, his father and mother had spoke of him often and fondly. It was going to be an honor to know him. Looking around he saw another pilot a human male to his left. "What's your callsign?" He asked. The human a young man in his mid twenties looked at him. "They call me Cutthroat."

Deardra flicked his tail, "Lynx." He said offering a hand. "A pleasure to meet you." Cutthroat responded. "First assignmet?" He asked, Deardra nodded, "Yeah my second, my first was dull though. A got assigned to some backwater mining asteroid."

Maharil: The young engineer was not due to the engineering section for half an hour till then she was free to explore the ship so long as hse didn't go anywhere she wasn't supposed to.

Pastor: The medical officer and his assisstants were conducting business as usual there were a few crewen that had reported in for sick call with minor ailments. "Good morning sir, here's the daily report you asked for." This was from a young blue haired Rhysellen nurse. She had a rather sing song voice and a sunny disposition.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well Major, how do you feel about the new recruits? Seem eager enough, if a little wet behind the ears. Then again, what marine fresh out of boot isn't? I remember when I was like that. Boy, did I get chewed out something fierce. Good old times...so long ago." Lonergan said, before frowning, lost in thought. " I wish all I remember was good old times." Lonergan shook his head, clearing his mind. "Sorry sir, I'll stay focused on them. Have a little fun at their expense, keep my attention on em."

The Starfire was in orbit over the colony world named Premonition, it was a fledgling world that was growing fast settled shortly after the Sh’ra war its primary resources was raw materials and farming. Because it was still a young colony it made it a prime target for pirates and other raiders which was why the Starfire was flying protectively over it.

The ship would not be there for long they'd be there until their relief arrived; in the meantime the ships relatively new crew was still getting to know her. It was the maiden voyage of the Starfire after all:

Pastor: The medical officer and his assisstants were conducting business as usual there were a few crewen that had reported in for sick call with minor ailments. "Good morning sir, here's the daily report you asked for." This was from a young blue haired Rhysellen nurse. She had a rather sing song voice and a sunny disposition.

Taking the report with a smile, the ships doctor would smile in return to the sound of her voice.

He was something of an anomaly. Far younger then one would expect outwardly for such a vessel yet despite it, he would have done his job to the full extent he was called for. Yet even as he worked, recommending one treatment or another it was clear he too had seen war in his time. Or at least violence, as he peered from one eye to do his work. The other scarred and blind from a long ago encounter...

"Thank you nurse, I appreciate your work. Thankfully, its mostly sniffles today."

Guest hamtaroblazex

Maharil scratched her head, feeling a little bit uneasy. She's been on the Starfire for a bit now, but something was eating her as she walked around in the hallways. She looked to her left and saw a somewhat filled corridor that led to somewhere. She turned to her right and saw another one just like it. Her ears twitched with her uneasiness.

"I'm lost." She mutters defeated. "Dammit, I should know this place like the back of my hand by now." Sighing as she walks up to a directory. She studies it for a second. She nods contently. "Ok, so I'm here...and I have some time to kill. Hmm, best bet is to go to the shooting range, practice a little here and there." She slings out her issued pistol and twirls it like a cowboy, but she isn't a cowboy...so It then flies off and hits a wall. She flinches thinking it will discharge, but there wasn't a sound. Just awkward silence, she looks around. There was one or two people staring at her, she coughs; picks up her pistol and holster head as she heads off to the shooting range.

Unless of course there not to busy...maybe I'll just watch and learn...

Guest KevinDWolf93

*Destiny: The Rhyshellen Warrant Officer gives a light yawn in between skimming over her own controls and keeping a small eye on the pantheurians' own equipment in case she spotted anything. She was almost missing fieldwork at the pace things were going...almost. Not getting shot or molested was a plus and it was day one.

Just gotta get over the three day hump girl, transition will be good for you, she thinks. The idea of seeing who'd be open to a little funning around was an idea in the back of her head but she knew she had to be professional. Jansen showing up only proved that to her. Reputation was that he was a lot less laid back then 'ol iron hag'. So sh kept to her work until otherwise noted, trying to find a nice hum to keep her occupied.

*Larkin: The small Daedalian stayed at attention much like Satheera, it was almost like they were having a contest who could move less. Only his nose twitching at the rare scent of an unused gun-range. Smelled like any other room that hasn't been granted a purpose, no gunpowder or targets burnt from energy directed weapons. It was a little jarring, but Larkin didn't let it bother him much. While he was green, he knew his way around a gun and was plenty enthusiastic about showing his stuff. Hearing the S.Sgt only made him more eager to prove he was tough stuff. He curiously glances over to Satheera to see if she's lightened up any. Anyone else who'd prove interesting would show themselves soon enough, he figured.

*Alice- The Commander of the sip calmly strolled outside her office, already on the way to the bridge. In one hand was some of the listings of recruits. She was going over some last minute number crunching regarding everyone that was on-board. In the other hand was a half eaten donut, the best she scrounged for lunch. Paperwork was not her strong suit and time management was a work in progress. She puts on a good face for everyone else before going to join Jansen at the bridge. Like anyone else, she wanted a good first showing, but she was certain she wanted it more than any other single person on the ship. Actually being in charge of the ship was.....more than she could ever imagined. she was not going to screw it up, not if she could help it. Putting her best foot forward and licking her fingers of donut frosting, she walks through to see what was going on in the command room. "Hello" she comments to Jansen warmly, though the comment was loud enough for anyone not into their work to hear.

Martyr: She arrived on the bridge. So, this was like a ship was like. She couldn't wait to actually go into space, and get into battles. She reviewed her notes hidden within the various books of possible enemies in the region. She liked to be prepared. She noticed someone enter and looked up from her studies, she tried her best to seem wise and experienced. "Greetings." She said to the newcomer as she went back to her studies.

Guest thetrekker

Charles hobbled into the flight room. his left leg was still killing him from a serious injury in the jungle and the doctors said it would be another week or two at least before it was fully healed. Even with the limp he carried himself proudly, as many veterans of the war were known to do. Taking his place behind a small podium to the right of a viewscreen, Charles cleared his throat before speaking.

"Well, morning all. Wait, is this all of you? The blokes in command said I'd have control over 7 pilots." He paused for a moment to see if anyone could offer an explanation. Realizing that they knew as much as he, Charles mumbled, "Must be a punishment for that last tour." He then brought his voice back up to full volume, "Too bad for them. Now, let's see, roll call. Stand and introduce yourself to your comrades, they'll be the ones saving you when things get rough."

Guest hamtaroblazex

She sat there polishing her pistol, scraping out the barrel, scrubbing the interlocking mechanisms; she knew every nook n' cranny, the pros and cons, the way it always shoots a little to the left. Just the way she likes it. It was a personal favorite, one of the first pieces in her collection from her previous career and she got it for a bargain. The life of an unlucky man, heh, very unlucky. It's how she got her nickname, Hellcat. Lighting the poor fella on fire, granted, the guy had it coming. She wasn't a goody goody herself, but this guy was as bad as they come. So she didn't really kill him, just kinda sped up the clock.

Her ears twitch from the slight scuffle of words, she looks up from her ritual to see whom was arguing. A bird and a human, she snickers to herself of the sight of 'ruffled feathers'; so that's where it comes from. She also sees the hybrid panthurain, obviously not pleased with the first impressions of the bird boy. She snickers once more, before going back to her prized possession.

Just then she hears a pair of nonrhythmic footsteps, she turns to see a proud man wobbling towards the podium. She was surprised, she knew somebody was badly injured in an accident a few months prior from shooting the bull with some of the medical staff, but she never thought it be the leader of the squadron. Truly a veteran of war, a presence that commands respect. She almost applaud, but then he spoke up, asking for a roll call.

She jumps from her seat, dropping what she was doing in respect for the guy.

"Hellcat, 2nd in command of the squadron, at your service, Sir!"

That felt odd, very odd. She wasn't used to it, she never done anything like this whatsoever. Being in a official team that is. It was something she had to try and get used too and quickly.

Guest He who fights monsters

With nothing but a grim sense of determination and stoicism, Anders Steel-Fist calmly was listening. He did not bother looking around. His behavior may atrike as odd. Unlike moat recriuts, he has more than just a little experience with combat. He was a dealer of damage and death since his early teens. At age 19, he was no different. The style he was taught during his time, EUC (Evolved Urban Combat) encompassed street fighting styles and martial arts from various places. He was lucky that his skills did not falter.

Guest Jason Redfield

"Well Major, how do you feel about the new recruits? Seem eager enough, if a little wet behind the ears. Then again, what marine fresh out of boot isn't? I remember when I was like that. Boy, did I get chewed out something fierce. Good old times...so long ago." Lonergan said, before frowning, lost in thought. " I wish all I remember was good old times." Lonergan shook his head, clearing his mind. "Sorry sir, I'll stay focused on them. Have a little fun at their expense, keep my attention on em."

Redfield

Jason stood several yards ahead of the rows if lined-up recruits, arms crossed. He turned to regard Lonergan. He had read up on the Marine's file extensively prior to this point. Everything about him was the epitome of an experienced NCO: a leader of men and expert in his field. At the very least, he'd be someone Jace could count on. It was regrettable he had to lie to him about his identity, but it came with the territory. He replied quietly, "No need to apologize, Master Guns. You're not the only one who's felt that way... and you won't be the last. To answer your question, they remind me of myself about twenty years ago. They'd be willing to conquer the galaxy if we set 'em loose. We'll have to keep 'em reined in tight; the line between fired up and reckless is damn thin."

Redfield glanced across the bay at the security forces who were also in formation. There was no avoiding some interservice rivalry in the coming weeks. Marines and Masters-At-Arms didn't play well together. Jason sighed, turning his attention back to Lonergan and the Marines, "So, you want first crack at them or shall I?"

Matlock

Vincent stood at attention two paces behind his C/O, Lt. Higgins. Hands clasped behind his back, he glanced over the security personnel. He'd looked over their files; they were solid men and women. To be honest, Matlock was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of leading them through future assignments. Vince turned to see the private contractor near him, regarding him neutrally. Mercenaries always put Matlock on edge. They were no doubt good at what they did, but he could never shake his suspicion of them. He stayed silent.

Guest thetrekker

OOC: Hate to be the first OOC, but do you have a link to her bio. Just like to know personalities and I couldn't find her on the sign up sheet.

OOC: Hate to be the first OOC, but do you have a link to her bio. Just like to know personalities and I couldn't find her on the sign up sheet.

OOC: Yeah sorry a last minute character thing, her bio will be up soon

"You're in charge Major, it's all yours." Lonergan replied as he moved off to the side a bit to survey the group some more from the sidelines and at the same time eyeing the few private contractors amidst them. As a general rule he'd always been wary of PC's. On the other hand, he'd heard some good things about them both. "We'll see." He whispers.

Guest thetrekker

OOC: No problem.

Charles looked appreciatively on his new executive officer of the squadron. She was quick to respond, an instinct that might just save her life. He glanced down at a hastily written piece of paper, matching her callsign with her name and any few notes he had on her. (OOC: Disregard anything here that contradicts her character, just taking what I have from what I've seen so far) She had some experience outside of the fleet, but no regimented practice.

Good thing I hate regimentation. He thought with a sly smile. So far the odds looked in her favor.

"Thank you Miss Hellcat. Now, would the rest of you like to show the same initiative?"

Contrary to the majority of the marines and security personnel around him, Hank Garrigan stood at ease, his arms folded, impassively observing his co-workers. Unbeknownst to them, he was picking up certain things about their personalities just by observing subtle patterns in their behavior-- their body language, the way they spoke, the way they moved...

Matlock

Vincent stood at attention two paces behind his C/O, Lt. Higgins. Hands clasped behind his back, he glanced over the security personnel. He'd looked over their files; they were solid men and women. To be honest, Matlock was somewhat intimidated by the prospect of leading them through future assignments. Vince turned to see the private contractor near him, regarding him neutrally. Mercenaries always put Matlock on edge. They were no doubt good at what they did, but he could never shake his suspicion of them. He stayed silent.

Garrigan, feeling a pair of eyes on him, shifted his gaze to find their source, quickly determining it to be the Master-at-Arms. He observed Matlock indifferently.

"Something the matter, sir?" he queried, his tone neutral. Admittedly, he found the prospect of referring to someone almost half his age as "sir" laughable at best, but he kept his tone and expression impassive. Ranks were ranks, after all.

Guest Djgambrell

Solus nodded to Higgans respectfully and kept walking. Nothing disrespectful he was simply not a talker. His ears twitched with his nose as he kept them working. Taking note of every sight, smell, and sound as he passed by. Making sure he would later know if anything was amiss.

Guest force_echo

Omega was relaxed, sitting on a cargo shipment of guns. He looked over his two hard light pistols, the twins. Ahh, hard light weapons, pass through kinetic barriers and most force fields like a charm, and probably more expensive than the entire cargo shipment he was sitting on. The last remnant of the good ole days...

A familiar voice snapped Omega out of it. Wait a second. Is that... Redfield? The hell?

Omega spoke up with a smirk. "They're calling you Major now? I'm surprised you're still alive. Heh, why don't you do yourself a favor and retire already? I would've. If not for..." He trailed off. "I can't imagine the pay bonuses you got from the last gig. You could be livin' the good life, but as I remember, you always were the patriotic sort... Or maybe you've been fighting so long you can't do anything else."

It would be pretty obvious to everyone that the last part wasn't really directed to the Major.

Tora looked down at Omega and flicked his tail in an agitated fashion. He could already tell he didn't like him... but he'd try not to start anything. His gaze returned forwards to Major Redfield and Sergeant Lonergan, alert in most every aspect.

She'd shrug. "So was I, but I guess it's necessary."

Guest Jason Redfield

Redfield

Jason didn't flinch as Omega approached and struck up the conversation. Redfield hadn't been aware of his posting on the ship until the last second and he had hoped that he'd been briefed. Clearly that wasn't the case. The gears turned in his head as he did his best to work damage control. He approached the mercenary and grinned. "Yeah, it took a while to get used to hearing 'Major Wright', but I guess it comes with the territory. I imagine they'll force me out soon enough, but until then, I'm just another Marine."

Redfield had turned away from the other Marines to face the contractor, and he gave the man a steady but inconspicuous glare before shifting his eyes down toward his name tag. Hoping Omega got the picture, he turned to address his Marines without giving him a chance to reply.

"At ease," he said evenly, watching as the troops shifted positions in unison. "I am Major Daniel Wright, your detachment C/O. Next to me is your senior NCO, Master Gunnery Sergeant Lonergan. If you've received this posting, it's because you had the intestinal fortitude -- and perhaps just a little ounce of crazy -- to sign up for the Planetary Alliance Marine Corps in the first place," Jace said, keeping a neutral tone. "But you were chosen from that group of raw recruits and given another purpose -- to serve here, aboard the Starfire. That is not a duty to be shirked nor taken lightly. This vessel is no ordinary ship and I expect each and every one of you to live up to the standard set by its heroic namesake."

Redfield paused, hands clasped behind his back as he scanned the rows of faces. His steely gray eyes rested on a small, male Daedalian. "You're all good at your jobs. I know that, or else you wouldn't be here now, in front of me. But to hack it out here, it takes more than that. You have to challenge yourselves and each other -- day in, day out. Trust in your superior officers and the Marine next to you. You're the Alliance's tip of the spear -- the ground-pounders and trigger-pullers. But these days, you have to be just as much a force of inspiration as one of destruction. So let's act like out there."

Matlock

Vincent raised his eyebrows. "Not at all," he replied evenly before casting another glance at the Marine C/O addressing his troops. He could see some of the security personnel getting restless in the face of the Marine's speech. So much for everyone getting along.

Guest force_echo

A secret identity? That's cute. But I can respect it, after all, what would happen if people found out the name behind Omega?

All of a sudden, blinding orange pain shot through Omega's vision. His head felt like it would tear open at the seams, "AAAAGH!" Omega yelled out loud. Images flashing through his head. The whole room dead. Blood everywhere. On his weapons. A massacre. Redfield, the Marines, the guards. Blood on his shirt. "AHHHHH!" A Sh'ra tongue flickering in front of him. Ingram, his head blown off. Blood everywhere. The floor. Oh my God. The Sh'ra eating the remains. Look down, find a claw through the chest. "AARRRGGGHHH!!!"

Omega fell back on the cases, the room flashed in between reality and a gory vision. Heads flashed from normal to skulls. Omega closed his eyes. Still there. Burning. After a few seconds, the visions blurred away, leaving only an intense pain. The same intense pain. He picked up his guns and looked at the marines. "The f*ck are you looking at?" With that, he left, heading down the hallway.

"Fine speech Major. Heh, in another life you could have been a public speaker. Not as exhilarating though." Lonergan murmured. "Hope you don't mind me adding a little addendum."

Shifting his gaze back to the group, he steeled his eyes. "Know this though marines. Do your jobs wrong, you can expect a little discussion with me afterwards. It won't be pleasant. Do your jobs right and we'll get along just fine." Lonergan finished just as one of the private contractors...had a little debacle and left.

"What the hell was that about?" Lonergan wondered.

Guest Djgambrell

"Fine speech Major. Heh, in another life you could have been a public speaker. Not as exhilarating though." Lonergan murmured. "Hope you don't mind me adding a little addendum."

Shifting his gaze back to the group, he steeled his eyes. "Know this though marines. Do your jobs wrong, you can expect a little discussion with me afterwards. It won't be pleasant. Do your jobs right and we'll get along just fine." Lonergan finished just as one of the private contractors...had a little debacle and left.

"What the hell was that about?" Lonergan wondered.

Solus leaned over to Lonergan. Watching the Marines reactions. "Traumatic stress flashes." He said lowly. "Happens to those who've seen more than they can handle."

The Bridge: "Captain on deck!" Jansen bellowed, The Pantheurian communications officer across from Destiny would flip a switch and a quick Boson pipe whitle would blare.

Martyr: The young tactition would feel Jansen's eyes boring into her, like something was expected of her.

Naomi: "Yeah I guess, so." The Xyl said he was about to say something else when Jansen announced the captains presence. He cursed under his breath before turning his attention to his commanding officer.

Training Range Marines: Satheera took in her superiors speeches with pride, nothing else filled her with more pride than knowing she was serving aboard such a distinguished vessel with such worthy allies. Then the merc had a break down and she turned to see what was going on, she blinked her large silver eyes with concern for the man. "Is he all right?" She muttered to anyone listening.

Master at arms: "My goodness, I don't know which of us has the most imposing recruits." Lt. Higgins said walking towards Redfield and noticing the large Pantheurian. "Solus, where are you going?" He called.

Flight Briefing Room: Deardra stood up next, "Ensign, Deardra Sphinx! Callsign Lynx and honor to be here sir." He said. Cl'tin seemed to scoff at his entheusiasm Cutthroat glared at him, the cocky Xyl was not making any new friends at the moment.

Maharil She would find the door to the training range blocked by a Master at Arms, "Sorry ma'am, there's something of a meeting in progress right now, don't know when it will be over." At that point Solus would emerge from the room, the suddenly small looking human stepped back letting him pass. At that time was when higgins called out to him.

Medical Bay: "Yes sir, thankfully the crew is practicing good hygeine and that always goes a long way." The nurse replied. "Is there anything you need from me right now?" She asked.

Solus leaned over to Lonergan. Watching the Marines reactions. "Traumatic stress flashes." He said lowly. "Happens to those who've seen more than they can handle."

Lonergan frowned as his mind wandered back to his own issues. Running his hand threw his hair, he replied. "Well, I can certainly relate. Some punching bag should be all he needs. At least...that's how I cope."