Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Pro Wrestling thread

7 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

Wrestling has been a dumpster fire. Shad from Cryme Tyme drowned, two Japanese female wrestlers retired and another was driven to suicide. CZW was outed as a horrible promotion and you're better off not knowing what Josh Middleton did.

Not to mention WWE letting go of dozens of superstars while boasting about how the virus wasn't going to hurt them and claiming to have billions in the bank. Trash move on their part

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also forgot to post about this earlier, but Io Shirai winning the NXT women's title was long overdue, and I'm so happy she's holding gold in WWE right now. In my opinion, she's their best female wrestler, and one of the best wrestlers in the company overall. Here's hoping for a long, decisive reign. Honestly, with the state of the main roster women's divisions, I kind of hope she never gets "called up" and just hangs out in NXT like Ciampa said he would

Shirai.png

8 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I also forgot to post about this earlier, but Io Shirai winning the NXT women's title was long overdue, and I'm so happy she's holding gold in WWE right now. In my opinion, she's their best female wrestler, and one of the best wrestlers in the company overall. Here's hoping for a long, decisive reign. Honestly, with the state of the main roster women's divisions, I kind of hope she never gets "called up" and just hangs out in NXT like Ciampa said he would

Shirai.png

I think Charlotte Flair should win another belt, it feels like she has barely any in her time at WWE. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OMFG said:

I think Charlotte Flair should win another belt, it feels like she has barely any in her time at WWE. 🙄

Lol yeah, my biggest problem with Io's title win is that Charlotte didn't take the pin for some reason. What was the point of having her go back to NXT and just walk all over a stacked roster if she wasn't going to put anyone over? I'm glad she never beat Io (in their previous match Charlotte was dq'd for using a chair or some other weapon), but I just don't understand the point of her going to NXT at that point.

That's my biggest problem with her in general really. She's talented in the ring and is better on the mic than most other WWE talent right now, but her booking is always so bad. They want her to be a female Brock Lesnar from what I can tell, but she just isn't nearly as physically dominant as he is, and most of her wins don't really feel deserved

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Lol yeah, my biggest problem with Io's title win is that Charlotte didn't take the pin for some reason. What was the point of having her go back to NXT and just walk all over a stacked roster if she wasn't going to put anyone over? I'm glad she never beat Io (in their previous match Charlotte was dq'd for using a chair or some other weapon), but I just don't understand the point of her going to NXT at that point.

That's my biggest problem with her in general really. She's talented in the ring and is better on the mic than most other WWE talent right now, but her booking is always so bad. They want her to be a female Brock Lesnar from what I can tell, but she just isn't nearly as physically dominant as he is, and most of her wins don't really feel deserved

I think they're trying to force it to be honest, ever since Becky got pregnant they've been pushing Charlotte more than usual 

11 hours ago, OMFG said:

I think they're trying to force it to be honest, ever since Becky got pregnant they've been pushing Charlotte more than usual 

Well, she's announced recently that she's getting surgery and will be out for a good while, which is just as well as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, I think it'll do WWE some good to have to build up some other women beyond just the "better half" of the Four Horsewoman

• 3 weeks later...

This just showed up in my recommended list on YouTube. I've that heard Hulk Hogan could do stuff like hurricanranas in matches in his youth, but I've never seen him doing nimble moves in the ring until I saw this: 

Hogan performing an enziguri? WTF?

• 3 weeks later...

My thoughts on NXT Takeover 30. Spoilers below:

This was a pretty good Takeover overall. Honestly, without Mauro, it doesn't feel quite the same, but I did enjoy the night on the whole.

Pat McAfee was very impressive. His match was really good and he was very impressive for a non-wrestler. Overall it was an entertaining match with the right finish, in my eyes.

The ladder match was very entertaining as well. It was unpredictable, had a lot of big spot and kept the audience guessing as to who would win until the very end. I like matches like that. I feel like Bronson made a big impact on me tonight. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Finn Balor's match was good. Thatcher looked strong in defeat, and Finn was in good form tonight as well. I've always been fond of Finn and he looked great tonight.

Io's match was good too, but I felt that Io wasn't quite at the top of her game. The storytelling and the wrestling was pretty good, but there were a few notable botches, and I would have preferred it if Raquel hadn't shown up Wednesday, and just been a total surprise going into this match. That would have made it more interesting as far as I'm concerned. I thought Dakota got a good amount of offense in and looked good in defeat as well.

The main event, though. I don't know, this just wasn't it for me. I'm not opposed to Kross, but I don't like it when people just bulldoze over the dozens of wrestlers who have been working hard week in and week out and have proven that they're capable of doing well in the NXT ring. I love Keith admittedly, so I might be biased, but Kross just doesn't do much for me. He's built up and talked about like he's the Fiend or something, but none of his matches have really been entertaining or interesting, and his wrestling style is just not super interesting for me to watch. The ending was also super weak. I know people complain about NXT matches being kick-out heavy finisher-fests, but it really was such a soft, uninteresting way to end the reign of someone who is incredibly over. Would it be the end of the world if a face were the champion for more than a month?

On the whole the show was good, but the matches I was most looking forward to didn't deliver as well as I was hoping they would. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, though. It was a solid night of wrestling with a lot of good bumps, a surprisingly great introduction for McAfee, and a ladder match that was very entertaining. Io retained and I love her as a wrestler, and there were a lot of entertaining moments. Pretty good overall

On 8/23/2020 at 1:17 AM, Peypeypeypey said:

My thoughts on NXT Takeover 30. Spoilers below:

This was a pretty good Takeover overall. Honestly, without Mauro, it doesn't feel quite the same, but I did enjoy the night on the whole.

Pat McAfee was very impressive. His match was really good and he was very impressive for a non-wrestler. Overall it was an entertaining match with the right finish, in my eyes.

The ladder match was very entertaining as well. It was unpredictable, had a lot of big spot and kept the audience guessing as to who would win until the very end. I like matches like that. I feel like Bronson made a big impact on me tonight. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Finn Balor's match was good. Thatcher looked strong in defeat, and Finn was in good form tonight as well. I've always been fond of Finn and he looked great tonight.

Io's match was good too, but I felt that Io wasn't quite at the top of her game. The storytelling and the wrestling was pretty good, but there were a few notable botches, and I would have preferred it if Raquel hadn't shown up Wednesday, and just been a total surprise going into this match. That would have made it more interesting as far as I'm concerned. I thought Dakota got a good amount of offense in and looked good in defeat as well.

The main event, though. I don't know, this just wasn't it for me. I'm not opposed to Kross, but I don't like it when people just bulldoze over the dozens of wrestlers who have been working hard week in and week out and have proven that they're capable of doing well in the NXT ring. I love Keith admittedly, so I might be biased, but Kross just doesn't do much for me. He's built up and talked about like he's the Fiend or something, but none of his matches have really been entertaining or interesting, and his wrestling style is just not super interesting for me to watch. The ending was also super weak. I know people complain about NXT matches being kick-out heavy finisher-fests, but it really was such a soft, uninteresting way to end the reign of someone who is incredibly over. Would it be the end of the world if a face were the champion for more than a month?

On the whole the show was good, but the matches I was most looking forward to didn't deliver as well as I was hoping they would. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, though. It was a solid night of wrestling with a lot of good bumps, a surprisingly great introduction for McAfee, and a ladder match that was very entertaining. Io retained and I love her as a wrestler, and there were a lot of entertaining moments. Pretty good overall

i was at work i didn't get to watch it yet  i will watch payback once i get home tomorrow.

Is Roman just gonna get the title handed right back to him?

I totally understand why he was gone, and I don't blame any wrestler who stepped away recently for their own health. But it's just funky to me that there might be no arc where he works his way back to the title.

26 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Is Roman just gonna get the title handed right back to him?

I totally understand why he was gone, and I don't blame any wrestler who stepped away recently for their own health. But it's just funky to me that there might be no arc where he works his way back to the title.

They really gunked up the Fiend by having him lose to Goldberg, so I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he just drops it like a jobber. Once your pseudo-mystical, unstoppable force has decidedly lost in a not-very-competitive match to an elderly semi-retired guy, it loses a lot of the luster. The Fiend's first loss should have been built up and meaningful. I was hoping someone like Daniel Bryan, who uses the changes the Fiend inspired to defeat him. That would have been interesting storytelling

11 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

They really gunked up the Fiend by having him lose to Goldberg, so I honestly wouldn't be at all surprised if he just drops it like a jobber. Once your pseudo-mystical, unstoppable force has decidedly lost in a not-very-competitive match to an elderly semi-retired guy, it loses a lot of the luster. The Fiend's first loss should have been built up and meaningful. I was hoping someone like Daniel Bryan, who uses the changes the Fiend inspired to defeat him. That would have been interesting storytelling

yeah but they undid that by having him beat bron who  destroyed goldberg  after that and they did all of that work putting him back in a good place just to feed him to roman like they did  they need to have him  respond and get some payback in a hurry 

4 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Oh I'm not surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Why bother having guys as good as Bray and Braun to just do that?

Excellent question. This is why I like NXT more. They build better and tend not to throw away great talent like the main roster does.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just mentioned the Hurt Business in another thread, and I just want to say I really hope the Benjamin/Alexander feud doesn't fuck that up. They're my favorite part of WWE right now and I think that stable can really go places.

They're such solid heels too. Like, yeah, they're the bad guys, but they're cool as hell. It''s much better than the "Head of the Table" thing happening on Smackdown.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 7:33 PM, Bergy_Berg said:

I just mentioned the Hurt Business in another thread, and I just want to say I really hope the Benjamin/Alexander feud doesn't fuck that up. They're my favorite part of WWE right now and I think that stable can really go places.

They're such solid heels too. Like, yeah, they're the bad guys, but they're cool as hell. It''s much better than the "Head of the Table" thing happening on Smackdown.

me too  they  are a great stable

• 4 weeks later...