Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

The Pro Wrestling thread

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I tried to spot you but couldn't follow what the announcer was saying. What did you look like?

I was the one in the yellow trunks making his entrance at 4:18 in the battle royal doing the creepy manchild gimmick. And the senton thing is the Grizzly Bomb, as performed by the terrifying Dutchman known as Mark Kodiak. 

Oh, and the masked dude is Voodoo. He's a brilliant comedy wrestler who co hosts the pro wrestling comedy vlog Science Fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ViralRevamped?feature=watch

I was the one in the yellow trunks making his entrance at 4:18 in the battle royal doing the creepy manchild gimmick. And the senton thing is the Grizzly Bomb, as performed by the terrifying Dutchman known as Mark Kodiak. 

Oh, and the masked dude is Voodoo. He's a brilliant comedy wrestler who co hosts the pro wrestling comedy vlog Science Fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ViralRevamped?feature=watch

I got a little mankind vive from your gimmick any influence? and for a stretch you seemed to be getting a response and anyresponse is a good one.

Guest bigballerju

Yeah I noticed some ole school Mankind with the brown attire when you were throwing your punches and the way you moved around the ring.

Mankind wasn't an influence on the original concept of the character, but as I improved in training, the influence of Mankind did indeed creep in more and more. Heath Ledger's Joker as a major influence also, as well as any "creepy child" you might find in horror movies or the like. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
49 minutes ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

Anyone have thoughts on AEW? I think its a good alternative to the WWE.

AEW has all the talent it needs and more to be a worthy rival to WWE, it just isn't there yet. 

NXT to me seems like the best wrestling around, though that is part of WWE.

WWE has gotten much better as of late, but still not using its potential like it should be. Once Vince is gone I think WWE will be able to shake itself off and hopefully go back to the glory days. 

I really am rooting for it, but AEW was hyped as the one to finally step up and give WWE a run for their money and it just isn't there yet for me. Generally I don't feel much different watching an episode of Dynamite than if I were watching a higher budget episode of ROH or TNA when it was good. I think the lack of star power is a big thing (not that WWE really seem to know how to build a consistent and credible top layer of talent anymore either); in terms of viable 'top guys' they have, I dunno, Mox, Cody, Omega and Y2J? Brodie Lee and Pac, maybe? I've been sorta out of the loop on my indie wrestling since around 2017 so I'm not super familiar with a lot of the upcoming names, but the rest of the wrestlers and gimmicks just feel like indie acts to me. Some amazing talent, for sure, but they lack... I dunno... mystique. All it takes is the right gimmick matched to the right guy's natural charisma and a properly built push to change that though, so we'll see. I'd like to see them build up some major stars of their own.

They should absolutely do everything they can to sign Rusev and push him to the moon, though. I honestly cannot believe Vince didn't see what he missed out on with him. They threw him into that abysmal feud with Lashley where he lost every match to try kill his heat and he was STILL getting insane pops until they just flat out took him off TV.

But hey, they're beating NXT pretty much every week ratings wise so we'll see where it goes.

I agree that AEW isn't all I thought it could be. I enjoy it pretty well, but to me, NXT is a consistently better show. The women's division of NXT is totally stacked right now, and the heavy hitters of NXT just have more draw for me, as a relatively new fan.

Speaking of Wrestling lately, can we take a moment to appreciate how far women's wrestling has come since the site closed? From being a side attraction and eye-candy to basically being a new, equal division in WWE. They've main evented Wrestlemania, have had some of the most iconic rivalries in the last half decade, and have arguably the biggest star in WWE right now. 

Yeah the women's division went off. I'm not sure there's ever been a title reign more categorically impressive in modern WWE than Becky's. Wins both the top prizes, holds onto the one on the company's top show for 13 months, beats everyone and vacates to go be a mom. Legend.

I just wish when the women came out they could handle the mic better. This is especially bad in the WWE where they have 3 or 4 that can actually convey any sort of emotion. AEW has them beat in that aspect for sure. 

NXT has the best wrestling hands down in my opinion, but some of the acts just don't work with me. 

10 minutes ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

I just wish when the women came out they could handle the mic better. This is especially bad in the WWE where they have 3 or 4 that can actually convey any sort of emotion. AEW has them beat in that aspect for sure. 

NXT has the best wrestling hands down in my opinion, but some of the acts just don't work with me. 

I think the real problem with the WWE women's division is just a lack of depth. They rely way too much in the four Horsewomen (except for Sasha who they shit on constantly) instead of letting newer talent shine. Other than Asuka and maybe now Shayna, no other woman outside of the four Horsewomen are allowed to shine at all. Even Alexa Bliss, who was put over really hard by the FHW, is relegated to a useless tagteam belt. I just hope they put a belt on Belair soon

Same principle applies to Rhea Ripley tapping out to Charlotte at Mania. Why did that need to happen? Ripley is an insanely marketable future star, they've genuinely never had anything like her. This was the main show audience's introduction to her and Flair does not need any more wins to bolster her resume. Charlotte is undeniably super talented but nobody is as impressed by her as WWE want them to be. She's the forced draw vs more organic stars like Becky and Rhea. They mishandled Shayna badly for her debut too, her look and body language work are awesome but she doesn't sound super intense or scary on the mic, they needed to have her be a silent killer ala Brock. Now her heat's rapidly draining after the Elimination Chamber misfire and Becky going over her in a fluky way, she wasn't booked to look impressive in the MITB match at all. Sad as it is to say I don't see her in the genuine monster heel spot she deserves any time soon, especially since Vince seems dead set on giving that spot to Nia Jax even though she's fucking awful.

edit: Did anyone check out Lucha Underground while it was airing? That was genuinely the most fun I had watching wrestling in forever. Crazy good matches and a cinematic approach to the character work, I'd almost call it the precursor to the Boneyard Match type stuff they've been doing lately (which I'm all for so long as they don't overuse them).

So yesterday I was watching RAW, and it popped into my head.

If you could pair and Male and Female wrestler in history as an inter-gender tag team who would you pick?

I ask this because I could imagine Somoa-Joe and Shayna Brazler working as a scary effective team together. 

2 hours ago, I_KNOW_ALL said:

So yesterday I was watching RAW, and it popped into my head.

If you could pair and Male and Female wrestler in history as an inter-gender tag team who would you pick?

I ask this because I could imagine Somoa-Joe and Shayna Brazler working as a scary effective team together. 

My first thought was Ric Flair (in his prime) and Charlotte Flair. I would really enjoy watching them work together in the ring.

Maybe Awesome Kong with Samoa Joe or Goldberg?

Chyna and Braun Strowman?

Jaqueline and Apollo Crews. Their build and athletic ability match very well. 

Awsome Kong I think raw power, Bobby Lashley, Goldberg, or Lesnar would be a scary team with her.