Most Underrated Characters on CBUB

Boratz

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Jackopolis

Inframan. Untell I used him today, he only had one fight, and that was a loss. Inframan is the greatest hero in the world!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shadow Flesh

After seeing who they've lost against Monkey D. Luffy and Roronoa Zoro are seriously inderated.

Luffy losses: Garfield, Dred Pirate Roberts, Jack Sparrow, Ed Elric.... even Col. Sanders!

Zoro losses: Kenshin, Wolverine, and Afro Samurai (afro is mildly arguable...)

Guest silversurfer092

The more ridiculous ones, such as losing to Colonel Sanders, should be taken with a grain of salt. Not all matches necessarily have to be fights. For example, the loss to Colonel Sanders might have been a Fried Chicken duel, in which it would have been absurd for Colonel Sanders to lose.

I honestly can't see Zoro taking down Wolverine, but then I've only really seen the first season of the One Piece. While it's true that I think Wolverine can be over rated at times, he's not a slouch either. While he's not exactly going to be dropping Goku people tend to forget that you basically have a character with an invulnerable skeleton and claws, a regeneration factor that has brought him back from having everything around his skeleton burnt off in a matter of minutes and over a century of martial ability. Add in the fact that he's neigh impossible to sneak up on and you have somebody that should technically be beating the shit out of any base line human opponent he comes in contact without some serious hardware or magical ability to back them up.

I honestly can't see Zoro taking down Wolverine, but then I've only really seen the first season of the One Piece. While it's true that I think Wolverine can be over rated at times, he's not a slouch either. While he's not exactly going to be dropping Goku people tend to forget that you basically have a character with an invulnerable skeleton and claws, a regeneration factor that has brought him back from having everything around his skeleton burnt off in a matter of minutes and over a century of martial ability. Add in the fact that he's neigh impossible to sneak up on and you have somebody that should technically be beating the shit out of any base line human opponent he comes in contact without some serious hardware or magical ability to back them up.

I can... if he sees himself cutting whatever he wants to cut, he cuts it...

I can... if he sees himself cutting whatever he wants to cut, he cuts it...

Zoro has the ability to cut things with his mind?

Zoro has the ability to cut things with his mind?

If he sees himself doing it, or like wills himself. Its hard to explain... there was a time he couldn't cut an object, don't recall what it was, but after he trained himself and wanted to cut that blade, he did it...

If he sees himself doing it, or like wills himself. Its hard to explain... there was a time he couldn't cut an object, don't recall what it was, but after he trained himself and wanted to cut that blade, he did it...

I think you broke my mind with that.

Anyway, after seeing just how little people seem to know on the physical and technological abilities of the Yautja, I'm going to say that the "Elder Predator" is so horribly under rated that it's not even funny.

Anyway, after seeing just how little people seem to know on the physical and technological abilities of the Yautja, I'm going to say that the "Elder Predator" is so horribly under rated that it's not even funny.

lol... like I said, hard to explain.

I agree.

Guest Shadow Flesh

He wouldn't be able to cut threw adamantium just yet. The situation you are thinking of is when he was fighting Doz Bones (Mr.1) in the Alabasta Arc. Zoro had to learn to cut through steel to defeat him which he was previously unable to do, after being enlightened through a flashback he can now cut through Steel of any thickness and things slightly above the toughness of steel.

Also I agree that Wolverine can beat anyone of base human abilities, but Zoro can cut you over distances turning the wind into a blade, is strong enough to throw full size houses, and carelessly cut through trains and huge stone buildings in one slash...

[image] http://facepwn.com/posters/throwing%20a%20house.jpg [/image]

Guest Shadow Flesh

Elder Predator is severely underrated, but I think the Regular Predator gets seriously overrated at times on this site.

Guest Ruinus

The Bolos are pretty underated. They lost to Wing Zero, Unit 01, Cthulhu, Space Godzilla and Naked Snake.

How does that happen? Wing Zero, Unit 01, Cthulhu (all fuzzy descriptions by half crazy people aside) and Space Godzilla, all contestants who have never show the ability to survive even kiloton attacks, suddenly win against a tank with several 2.5 megaton per second guns?

How the *vulgarity* does Naked Snake win?

The Bolos are pretty underated. They lost to Wing Zero, Unit 01, Cthulhu, Space Godzilla and Naked Snake.

How does that happen? Wing Zero, Unit 01, Cthulhu (all fuzzy descriptions by half crazy people aside) and Space Godzilla, all contestants who have never show the ability to survive even kiloton attacks, suddenly win against a tank with several 2.5 megaton per second guns?

How the *vulgarity* does Naked Snake win?

Wing Zero: Twin Buster Rifle that destroyed a mile wide, maybe wider, and even longer than that, space colony ship in one shot. Not to mention, an abnormally huge meteroid base as well. So, it does have a chance of wiping out a Bolo tank, though its chances of losing is high.

Unit 01: Yeah, should've lost.

Cthulu: Isn't he a god or something?

Space Godzilla: Lets not get into that.

Naked Snake: Agreed...

Eldritch Abomination for the win... really Cthulu's a Great Old One...

"These entities seem to have a physical shape, but being cosmic lifeforms from beyond our space-time continuum means they are not based on matter in our definition of the concept, yet their forms are built on principles similar enough to those of true matter that they appear to be material in their nature"

I doubt that a Nuclear reaction would even phase him... it... as his birth was that of a great many supernovae... So I would think that that is reason enough to think that such a creature could easily survive the puny attacks of a little toy tank... (I say this from the perspective of such a creature, I do like and respect the Bolo, but no, one could not take on Cthulu and win)

Guest Ruinus
Wing Zero: Twin Buster Rifle that destroyed a mile wide, maybe wider, and even longer than that, space colony ship in one shot. Not to mention, an abnormally huge meteroid base as well. So, it does have a chance of wiping out a Bolo tank, though its chances of losing is high.

Unit 01: Yeah, should've lost.

Space Godzilla: Lets not get into that.

Naked Snake: Agreed...

Wing Zero: And is damaged by weaponry far weaker, requires to get in visual range of the enemy and is piloted by a human. Also, whenever it destroyed a larger target (the space stations and asteroids) it always seems to aim at the reactor of said space station or asteroid, which causes various secondary explorions.

Cthulhu: No, he's an advanced life form that doesn't occur on Earth. Frankly, all of Lovecraft's stories have been wanked by people who didn't understand that: A) Most of the narrators are talking out of their ass, -_- said "space gods that can't be killed!" ARE killed and FOUGHT with weaponry by other races (microwave guns in the Yith's case). Fact is that Cthulhu gets rammed with a boat in one of the series and goes away.

Wing Zero: And is damaged by weaponry far weaker, requires to get in visual range of the enemy and is piloted by a human. Also, whenever it destroyed a larger target (the space stations and asteroids) it always seems to aim at the reactor of said space station or asteroid, which causes various secondary explorions.

Cthulhu: No, he's an advanced life form that doesn't occur on Earth. Frankly, all of Lovecraft's stories have been wanked by people who didn't understand that: A) Most of the narrators are talking out of their ass, -_- said "space gods that can't be killed!" ARE killed and FOUGHT with weaponry by other races (microwave guns in the Yith's case). Fact is that Cthulhu gets rammed with a boat in one of the series and goes away.

Seems but it was never said that. Also, it wasn't portrayed that Heero had knowledge of these structures so that cannot be assumed. And the colony ship? He completely obliterated it in one shot. Another thing, it takes many shots from these weaker weapons to be able to dent the Gundamium armor... unless it was met with a suit just as powerful. And I did say he has a high chance of losing... >.>

What about what Skir said?

Hmm... well doing research, I have found that the Great Race of Yith did in fact fight a few short and devastating wars with the Old Ones. However I have never heard of any account of these conflicts... They did in fact face and defeat a Race of Alien Creatures, the flying polyps, but those were not the Old Ones. Actually the flying polyps themselves tried to attack the Old Ones and failed miserably.

Another point that I couldn't find was the type of Weaponry that the Yith used. In one place I read that the Yith used some sort of Electricity Based weapon. However it could be theorized that since their major enemy was the flying polyps, and the flying polyps main weakness was to Electricity Based Weapons, that the Yith would make weapons that were designed specifically to be Electricity Based...

However being a race that is actually Omniscient due to their advanced Time-Traveling abilities, they would undoubtedly have access to even greater technology and weapons. Advanced weapons that could in theory hurt or maybe even kill an Old One... however a Bolo doesn't have access to Time-Travel, nor to Yith Technology. Therefore could not possibly have weapons advanced enough to take on an Old One.

What they do have is their Nuclear Cannons, however seeing as how Cthulhu was born in the Nuclear Fire of countless Supernovae, I would think that he would be immune to such an effect, and therefore immune to the Bolo's Greatest weapon. But then again I guess the Bolo could always ram into him and try and make him go away...

Edit: here it is... the Yith Electrical Weapon "camera-like weapons which produced tremendous electrical effects" however this was a weapon that they used to defeat the flying polyps, who were weak to "certain forms of electrical energy."

Guest Ruinus
Seems but it was never said that. Also, it wasn't portrayed that Heero had knowledge of these structures so that cannot be assumed. And the colony ship? He completely obliterated it in one shot. Another thing, it takes many shots from these weaker weapons to be able to dent the Gundamium armor... unless it was met with a suit just as powerful. And I did say he has a high chance of losing... >.>

What about what Skir said?

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz: Colony at 1:16.

1:16 beam goes through the colony.

1:17 bunch of little sparkles inside the colony.

1:18 the colony blows up.

If his gun was purely DET, or was a whatever-ton weapon as you claim, it would have detonated earlier. Heero is clearly shooting for the reactor of these large targets (he's a military man, his suit has sensors, he's trained on how to use his weapon to the best effects so it's a very safe assumption that he would know how to shoot).

I mean hell, look at 1:00. A Leo crashes with a Mobile Doll, and they, for some reason explode.

Look at 1:02, a Leo gets its arm blown off, then shot in the arm, leg and shoulder. None of the shots seem to puncture/penetrate it at all.

And yet it explodes.

Almost everything seems to explode in that series. And they are damaged from weaponry that doesn't even seem to rate as kiloton, Bolo's have megaton range guns.

As for the Cthulhu stuff, most people forget that Cthulhu and the other assorted beings aren't gods in the magical "I can't ever lose and science can't touch me!" sense, but gods in the "humanity circa 1920-30s can't understand me" sense. Most of those books are from the point of view of people who are talking out of their ass, who are already going insane and such. As such, why believe what they say?

When people see Cthulhu it's an automatic "Oh he makes everyone go crazy". Yet in the books this doesn't happen. Why do they take "Cthulhu makes near crazy people go crazier in the 1920s" to mean "Cthulhu makes everyone go crazy, no matter how advanced they are".

I just realized it'd be interesting to see a scenario were Cthulhu wakes up and HE goes "Oh shit, what did I wake up to?" and there are machine beings/super advanced people walking around going "Oh Cthulhu, isn't he quiant? Awww look at him trying to be scary".

Guest Ruinus
Therefore could not possibly have weapons advanced enough to take on an Old One.

I especially love this reasoning.

So, to hurt Old Ones you need time-travel and mind transfering abilities? You can't just, say, put 2.5 megatons at their face? Why not? I'd love to see the quotes that show this.

Are Old Ones even shown in combat? Are they ever shown actually doing anything other than being described in flowery poetic language?

What they do have is their Nuclear Cannons, however seeing as how Cthulhu was born in the Nuclear Fire of countless Supernovae, I would think that he would be immune to such an effect, and therefore immune to the Bolo's Greatest weapon. But then again I guess the Bolo could always ram into him and try and make him go away...

Except he didn't come from supernovas.

Call of Cthulhu:

"I learned whence Cthulhu first came, and why half the great temporary stars of history had flared forth."

Nowhere in that does it say "Cthulhu was made out of supernovae". In fact, it is suggested that Vhoorl is where Cthulhu is from.

Cthulhu wank seems to be "We never actually see any of the Old Ones/Great Old Ones/tentacle monsters actually fight, so lets assume they are all powerful and can't be defeated."

I especially love this reasoning.

So, to hurt Old Ones you need time-travel and mind transfering abilities? You can't just, say, put 2.5 megatons at their face? Why not? I'd love to see the quotes that show this.

Are Old Ones even shown in combat? Are they ever shown actually doing anything other than being described in flowery poetic language?

Cthulhu wank seems to be "We never actually see any of the Old Ones/Great Old Ones/tentacle monsters actually fight, so lets assume they are all powerful and can't be defeated."

The Great Race of Yith and their expansion across Earth after defeating the Flying Polyps...

"It can be assumed that this expansion is what ultimately led to the war between the Great Race and the Old Ones. These wars, though, were infrequent, though totally devastating."

This was Totally Devastating to a race with Omniscient Knowledge and Vast ability in Technology... I'm fairly certain that Yith Weaponry would put a Bolo's Nuclear Cannon to shame.

Guest Ruinus
The Great Race of Yith and their expansion across Earth after defeating the Flying Polyps...

"It can be assumed that this expansion is what ultimately led to the war between the Great Race and the Old Ones. These wars, though, were infrequent, though totally devastating."

This was Totally Devastating to a race with Omniscient Knowledge and Vast ability in Technology... I'm fairly certain that Yith Weaponry would put a Bolo's Nuclear Cannon to shame.

The Shadow Out of Time:

The beings of a dying elder world, wise with the ultimate secrets, had looked ahead for a new world and species wherein they might have long life; and had sent their minds en masse into that future race best adapted to house them – the cone-shaped beings that peopled our earth a billion years ago.

So, they "know everything", and to get longer lives they had to search for the Elder Things, which are made entirely out of terrestial matter. If they really knew everything, why not make machine bodies? Why not bio-engineer themselves? Very obviously they don't know everything. (Or, OoU Lovecraft couldn't think of people becoming alien monstrosities swaying vast bodies of silicon and metal).

The Shadow Out of Time:

The beings of a dying elder world, wise with the ultimate secrets, had looked ahead for a new world and species wherein they might have long life; and had sent their minds en masse into that future race best adapted to house them – the cone-shaped beings that peopled our earth a billion years ago.

So, they "know everything", and to get longer lives they had to search for the Elder Things, which are made entirely out of terrestial matter. If they really knew everything, why not make machine bodies? Why not bio-engineer themselves? Very obviously they don't know everything. (Or, OoU Lovecraft couldn't think of people becoming alien monstrosities swaying vast bodies of silicon and metal).

...Um, the Cone Things they inhabited were not Old Ones... no, they were just things that lived long lives and yes were made of terrestial matter... As for not making Machine Bodies, well I think that might have hampered their Immense Psychic Powers and Time Travel Abilities, so that would be a BIG No-No for them... As for Bio-Engineering themselves new bodies, well they seem to use their ability to move Great distances with speed, so seeing as how their world was dying they couldn't really benefit from making new bodies on their homeworld, and couldn't have really made new bodies across vast distances of time and space...