Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Who can survive a full powered blast from a Death star.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Unfathomable Stalwart flagship that has a specially designed energy shield system that actually absorbs any amount of energy and redirect it to which ever system the admiral of the ship desires, whether it be the secondary shields, the oversized anti-linear Galilean cannon, generators, whatever.

Guest sirmethos
Okay I want to know who can survive a full powered blast from a Death star and live. It doesn't matter who the character is. They must survive the full powered blast coming straight at them and they must be able to tank it.

deathstar.jpg

So name your list and I want to see a good debate.

Enjoy.

define "tank it".

as proven on the chat a few days ago, different people mean different things when they say someone 'tanks' a shot.

Guest sirmethos
Meaning that they will be able to take the blast and survive it without moving or teleporting away, just standing and taking the blast.

in that case, i doubt Goku SS1 can tank it.

however, any version of Superman(Standard Superman and above).

Captain Atom/Monarch

WWH

Silver Surfer

Nova Prime

just to mention a few for now.

Guest victim36

At base level SSJ1 Goku has tanked that level of power. Freiza threw a planet busting attack at Goku, and he caught it. He didn't deflect it, knock it aside, or hit it with another energy attack. He took it in his face, hehehe, and held it back from hitting planet Namek. After a brief struggle with it, he was able to throw it back at Freiza. I think that counts. He took the shot and didn't die, heck was barely hurt by it.

Guest sirmethos
At base level SSJ1 Goku has tanked that level of power. Freiza threw a planet busting attack at Goku, and he caught it. He didn't deflect it, knock it aside, or hit it with another energy attack. He took it in his face, hehehe, and held it back from hitting planet Namek. After a brief struggle with it, he was able to throw it back at Freiza. I think that counts. He took the shot and didn't die, heck was barely hurt by it.

yes, he Caught it. he didn't 'tank' it. because he wouldn't have been able to survive a hit like that.

try this: take a friend and go outside with a baseball, have your friend throw the baseball at your face and catch it. then have him throw it again, only this time, you don't catch it, you just stand there and take the hit to the face.

then you keep repeating that, until you start getting the picture.

bottom line: Goku SS1 is incapable of Tanking the Superlaser from the Deathstar

Guest victim36

So wait, he caught the think on his chest and face. Not just in his hands, but on his body. He had to stop it with his whole body, not his hands, to prevent it from hitting the planet. If he had just caught it with his hands I would agree, but the ball was pushing against his face and torso. Driving him underwater and into the ground, not quite the same thing.

So to use you example; let a guy hit you in the face with a baseball, catch it, and then throw it back at him. That's pretty much what Goku had to do.

Most versions of the Hulk

I doubt it, it has the power to shatter planets, casting parts of the planet into Hyperspace... The Hulk would get instantly annihilated by it and unless he can regenerate from a Concept, then he's not going to walk away from such an attack.

Vulcan

I could believe this, due to his vast energy absorption/manipulation/transformation powers he could probably Suck the beam up while manipulating it and transforming to lessen it's effects while shunting the power he absorbs into a Force Field to block it...

Sentry

Well... I don't see how except for his Resurrection ability...

If you think he can tank it because he caught the Axe of "Guy who chops planets in half" then these two things are different and the DS Laser is much, much stronger than cutting a planet in half... as it Violently Explodes the Planet with such force that whole chunks are sped up to the point where they violate relativity and break into hyperspace.

Silver Surfer

Yeah, I could see the Power Cosmic keeping him alive. It's a Swiss Army Knife of Energy Manipulation.

Phoenix

Juggernaut

Which Phoenix?

Hmm... Maybe... His Power would have to crank right up into Invulnerability for him to tank it. Is that Instantaneous and Automatic?

Then again I guess Cyttorak could just resurrect his avatar if it isn't...

Skirmisher Hulk can survive planet busting impacts. But I doubt Gray Hulk and Professor Hulk can.

I point to the same reason I don't think the Sentry could survive.

The DS Laser is much more than just a Planet Busting Impact.

Guest ricrery
Goku SSJ1

No.

Sentry can survive in a Sun, So I think he can survive it and also Hulk has been launch at a meteorite 2 times the size of earth.

Lol, so? According to inverse square law, he would receive a pitiful amount of energy each second.

Guest ricrery
Everyone Goku battled after he first went SSJ1 was capable of destroying a planet...

Red herring. Goku can be killed by hits far below even mass extinction, let alone planetary mass scattering. And besides, all of his enemies use chain reactions to destroy the planets, and Goku (when he had reached SSJ3) outright said that he couldn't stop Kid Buu's vanishing ball, and it could only destroy Earth 10 times. The Death Star can destroy a planet thousands of times over.