Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Who can survive a full powered blast from a Death star.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest force_echo
Sentry just isnt on Supes level in any way.

I agree, maybe the Void, but Sentry would never get that powerful due to his mental state.

Guest bigballerju

Supergirl has been hinted to be maybe more powerful then Superman. So yea she should be on there.

Don't forget:

Spawn- At full power

Rogue- with Ms.Marvel's powers

Guest bigballerju

Sentry beat one of Galactus's Heralds who wields the cosmic force with ease and quick like it was nothing. Sentry killed Ares who is a god like it was nothing. Sentry almost beat World War Hulk and more.

Yeah he is on a Superman level.

Sentry when he lost his mind made everyone on Earth forget he ever existed.

Sentry beat one of Galactus's Heralds who wields the cosmic force with ease and quick like it was nothing. Sentry killed Ares who is a god like it was nothing. Sentry almost beat World War Hulk and more.

Yeah he is on a Superman level.

Sentry when he lost his mind made everyone on Earth forget he ever existed.

Well in base form Supoerman is stronger, but pontenally yes.

The writers have been holding him back.

But Sentry have done some crazy feats.

Guest Omega11
Here is my list

Drax the Destroyer

Hal Jordan

Wonder Women

Black Lanterns

Nova

Superman Blue

Adam Warlock

Aqua man(I think)

Namor(I think)

Nekron

Drax - The dumb brute version yes; but not the smart, knife wielding version.

Hal - I find it unlikely, but I could be wrong.

Wonder Woman - See Hal. Although she might be able to block it with her bracelets.

Black Lanterns - In the sense that they are already dead...so they wouldn't be killed...but I didn't think they were that durable.

Nova - With the full power of the Nova Force sure, but otherwise no.

Superman Blue - Not really sure about that, but I didn't think his electric power set was at that magnitude. Any reason why you didn't list Superman Red too?

Adam Warlock - No, I don't think so.

Aquaman - No

Namor - No

Nekron - Sure. Can't really kill Death too easily.

Guest Omega11
Supergirl? the one who got turned into a blob in one hit by Doomsday?

You mean in the Death of Superman storyline?

If so, that wasn't the current Supergirl, not even kryptonian as I recall, but some sort of alien. Some other sort of alien that is.

The current Supergirl is at least close to on par with Superman in terms of abilities.

Guest LoneWolf

Juggernaut, Thanos, Galactus, Pheonix, Surfer, PC Superman... I don't think I've added anything new...

I just wanted to say there's no way Hulk could survive, Maestro was vaporized by a nuke strength Gamma Bomb and he was I believe the strongest incarnation of Hulk.

Juggernaut, Thanos, Galactus, Pheonix, Surfer, PC Superman... I don't think I've added anything new...

I just wanted to say there's no way Hulk could survive, Maestro was vaporized by a nuke strength Gamma Bomb and he was I believe the strongest incarnation of Hulk.

Maestro actually came back from that. -.-

The enterprise (NCC-1701) its taken on planet busters (the doomsday machine and veger) been hit and lived. For that matter the doomsday machine's netronium hull might hold up.

In terms of people any real vampire (Dracula, Baron Blood, etc.) They have a very specific list of things that can kill them, and though they might survive the vacum of space they would need some shade

Shadowcat, Photon, the Martian Manhunter, the Vision anyone who can go intangible.

Ultron and Luke Cage both indestructable

• 1 month later...
Guest ricrery
only one person can survive a full on blast from the death star.... Goku!!

I think The Dark Prince is here mainly to make DBZ fans look dumb. :(

The Enterprise certainly can't do it, as it's threatened by far weaker weaponry all the time. I'm not sure how Wonder Woman could block the beam with her bracelents, seeing as how the beam is several meters across (it'd engulf her entire body) and I'm not sure how vampires are going to survive it.

How would Aquaman, Namor and Juggernaught survive?

Also, I'd like to point out that the Ki blasts in Dragon Ball are different than energy weapons in other settings. In DBZ these energy blasts can be grabbed (I hope I don't have to point out the absurdity of grabbing a ball of energy), they don't exhibit any thermal properties (whent hey hit the ground they smash it instead of melting it) and I'm pretty sure they don't move as fast as the DS superlaser beam does.

Sentry can survive in a Sun, So I think he can survive it and also Hulk has been launch at a meteorite 2 times the size of earth.

BTW, I dunno about this Sentry guy but the DS superlaser is several times more powerful than a single star, especially if "sun" in this context is talking about an average sun like ours.

Guest ricrery
BTW, I dunno about this Sentry guy but the DS superlaser is several times more powerful than a single star, especially if "sun" in this context is talking about an average sun like ours.

There's also inverse square law. Even if a super nova hit him, he wouldn't have been hit by an equal yield to the Death Star's beam. I doubt he would be hit by a planet busting yield, either.

The Enterprise certainly can't do it, as it's threatened by far weaker weaponry all the time. I'm not sure how Wonder Woman could block the beam with her bracelents, seeing as how the beam is several meters across (it'd engulf her entire body) and I'm not sure how vampires are going to survive it.

How would Aquaman, Namor and Juggernaught survive?

Also, I'd like to point out that the Ki blasts in Dragon Ball are different than energy weapons in other settings. In DBZ these energy blasts can be grabbed (I hope I don't have to point out the absurdity of grabbing a ball of energy), they don't exhibit any thermal properties (whent hey hit the ground they smash it instead of melting it) and I'm pretty sure they don't move as fast as the DS superlaser beam does.

It's repitition of weaker weapons. The enterprise took direct shots from the Doomsday Machine (two either of which would destroy a planet It then uses it again to further break it up, but it is enough to reduce a planet to space rubble and veger was seen having absorbed planets" Second vampires could survive, simply because it wouldn't kill them. they have a very specific list of what can kill them and superlasers aren't on it.

Guest ricrery
It's repitition of weaker weapons. The enterprise took direct shots from the Doomsday Machine (two either of which would destroy a planet It then uses it again to further break it up, but it is enough to reduce a planet to space rubble

And yet it cannot generate 97 megatons - many orders of magnitudes below planet busting. It's probably an unquantifiable technobabble weapon.

veger was seen having absorbed planets"

And yet another unquantifiable thing.

It's repitition of weaker weapons.

Even if we use megatons for their guns, being threatened by several MTs over the course of a battle is enough to show that it can't take planet destroying firepower. It's like saying that because someone has withstood 15 splinters at once then they can take the round of a main battle tanks cannon.

The enterprise took direct shots from the Doomsday Machine (two either of which would destroy a planet It then uses it again to further break it up, but it is enough to reduce a planet to space rubble and veger was seen having absorbed planets"

Where's your proof that the DoomsDay Machine hit the Enterprise with a full powered blast from it's pure anti-proton beam?

The V'ger is never actually shown to have destroyed the galaxies, star systems and planets it had in it's databanks. For all we know it couldn't, and simply scanned them entirely and put them in it's 3D imaging system.

Second vampires could survive, simply because it wouldn't kill them. they have a very specific list of what can kill them and superlasers aren't on it.

I don't buy it. The reason people say vampires/werewolfs/other monsters from the past could only be killed by stakes into the heart, decapitation, silver bullets, garlic, etc is because back then they didn't have the required tools to make explosives, planet destroying super lasers etc.

I mean think about it for a moment. A vampire's chest ISN"T made up of uber-material so strong that it's invulnerable, it can be pierced with a wooden stake FFS. Vampires could also be killed by incineration in some cultures, hence, a energy weapon of sufficient power could kill a vampire. Hell, in the Balkans vampires could be killed by being shot repeatedly, or by drowning. Hell, even going by the "The SUN kills vampires!" thing, lasers should do it just fine.

Even if we use megatons for their guns, being threatened by several MTs over the course of a battle is enough to show that it can't take planet destroying firepower. It's like saying that because someone has withstood 15 splinters at once then they can take the round of a main battle tanks cannon.

Where's your proof that the DoomsDay Machine hit the Enterprise with a full powered blast from it's pure anti-proton beam?

The V'ger is never actually shown to have destroyed the galaxies, star systems and planets it had in it's databanks. For all we know it couldn't, and simply scanned them entirely and put them in it's 3D imaging system.

I don't buy it. The reason people say vampires/werewolfs/other monsters from the past could only be killed by stakes into the heart, decapitation, silver bullets, garlic, etc is because back then they didn't have the required tools to make explosives, planet destroying super lasers etc.

I mean think about it for a moment. A vampire's chest ISN"T made up of uber-material so strong that it's invulnerable, it can be pierced with a wooden stake FFS. Vampires could also be killed by incineration in some cultures, hence, a energy weapon of sufficient power could kill a vampire. Hell, in the Balkans vampires could be killed by being shot repeatedly, or by drowning. Hell, even going by the "The SUN kills vampires!" thing, lasers should do it just fine.

Norman Spinrad was displeased with the model used for the planet killer. As he told Allan Asherman in The Star Trek Interview Book, he envisioned the planet killer bristling with all sorts of evil-looking weapons.

The Star Trek Concordance refers to the device as the "Berserker"; the The Monsters of Star Trek also used the berserker moniker in describing the weapon. It is also of note that the sketch of the berserker, titled "doomsday machine", that appeared in the Concordance was sketched by future franchise staffer, Greg Jein.

The Ships of the Line book states that that the Planet Killer once had been the monster Spinrad envisioned, boasting a "complete arsenal of weaponry", but centuries of combat had taken their toll so that, by the time the Constellation encountered it, only the superweapon itself remained. So no option but super weapon.

Veger destroyed the 3 klingon ships with its scanning. So don't buy your argument there. And I can see vampires losing on the argument the laser is plasma like the sun.

Guest Dr. Pymp(mex)
No... Goku get's harmed by mountain shattering hits and less.

no he doesn't, he gets hurt by punches and energy attacks that would shatter planets.

It only seems that they are mountain shattering due to the fact that he takes most of the hit.

The Spirit Bomb vs Kid Buu was enough to destroy a planet with ease, but yet Goku controlled it to just focus most of it on Kid Buu.

that is just how DBZ is