Hollow vs. X-23
MATCH SCORE
Hollow: 2
X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Who can survive a full powered blast from a Death star.

Guest sirmethos

others than can tank the Superlaser.

Hunter/Prey Doomsday

Mister Majestic

Dark Schneider

Onslaught

Darkseid

Thanos

more to come, later.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red herring. Goku can be killed by hits far below even mass extinction, let alone planetary mass scattering. And besides, all of his enemies use chain reactions to destroy the planets, and Goku (when he had reached SSJ3) outright said that he couldn't stop Kid Buu's vanishing ball, and it could only destroy Earth 10 times. The Death Star can destroy a planet thousands of times over.

That was only Frieza in Namek Saga. This doesn't matter anyways as its been shown that Frieza in his first form using a very small fraction of that form's power having the power to destroy Planet Vegeta as soon as his Death Ball hits. It didn't have a lengthy time effect like the one he launched at Namek where it was crumbling unto itself.

Guest ricrery
That was only Frieza in Namek Saga.

How about in the Buu Saga where Kid Buu struggles to create a vanishing ball incapable of mass scattering the Kai planet? How about when Super Buu at his strongest took forever to create a vanishing ball as well, and it was only sufficient to split the Earth in two? This put some strain on normal Vegito as well when he tried to stop it. Apparently, in DBZ, planet busters via brute force are only for the strongest individuals.

This doesn't matter anyways as its been shown that Frieza in his first form using a very small fraction of that form's power having the power to destroy Planet Vegeta as soon as his Death Ball hits.

You mean a ball of energy that detonated when it hit the core?

It didn't have a lengthy time effect like the one he launched at Namek where it was crumbling unto itself.

Yet then, he was at 50%, and even then he strained to create the little ball of energy.

How about in the Buu Saga where Kid Buu struggles to create a vanishing ball incapable of mass scattering the Kai planet? How about when Super Buu at his strongest took forever to create a vanishing ball as well, and it was only sufficient to split the Earth in two? This put some strain on normal Vegito as well when he tried to stop it. Apparently, in DBZ, planet busters via brute force are only for the strongest individuals.

Then again, Kid Buu, who's weaker than Super Buu, actually one shotted Earth as soon as the Orb touched it. And he created it casually.

You mean a ball of energy that detonated when it hit the core?

No, it was still, obviously, at the surface when it detonated.

Yet then, he was at 50%, and even then he strained to create the little ball of energy.

Its obvious he was tired and drained out from his fight with Goku. In fact, in his full power form, Goku said he was losing energy fast.

Guest ricrery
Then again, Kid Buu, who's weaker than Super Buu, actually one shotted Earth as soon as the Orb touched it. And he created it casually.

Whether or not Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu is irrelevant. Fact is, they both strained to create planet busters, and those planet busters were frightening to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta.

No, it was still, obviously, at the surface when it detonated.

Not really. We see that it creates a large hole (along with significant surface damage), but seconds later the planet begins to explode. It quite clearly destroyed the planet when it reached the core.

Its obvious he was tired and drained out from his fight with Goku. In fact, in his full power form, Goku said he was losing energy fast.

So, even with 60,000,000 Ki, he struggles to do something inferior he could do at 500,000 Ki with little effort? Does the manga even show Frieza destroying the planet?

Whether or not Super Buu is stronger than Kid Buu is irrelevant. Fact is, they both strained to create planet busters, and those planet busters were frightening to SSJ2 Goku and Vegeta.

Please watch this:

he shows no strain as he constructs this orb. Also, is it called strain when Goku or any of the fighters actually perform their ki attacks, such as Kamehameha? Because they shudder and all when they perform these types of attacks. I'd say its more like focusing.

Not really. We see that it creates a large hole (along with significant surface damage), but seconds later the planet begins to explode. It quite clearly destroyed the planet when it reached the core.

Its quite clear that the planet explodes with the orb still on its surface as the orb actually retains the same size as the clip moves on in the few seconds that passes, throwing out the notion that it was making its way to the core. No hole is seen whatsoever.

So, even with 60,000,000 Ki, he struggles to do something inferior he could do at 500,000 Ki with little effort? Does the manga even show Frieza destroying the planet?

You clearly missed the part where I said: he was running out of energy fast as per Goku's statement due to his full power form. Plus, he had fought Goku and tired himself out before he did this. And I cannot find any scans of Frieza destroying Planet Vegeta but its said it was he who destroyed it. Note the two differences though, he used a Supernova to destroy Planet Vegeta, I think it was a Death Ball that did Namek. Another thing to note, he did want time to fight the stupid monkey that is Goku, and to ensure Goku's death in case Goku did defeat him, so that may be another reason added in with the above reasons.-

Guest ricrery
Please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYuMJFwy7nk...related#t=2m05s he shows no strain as he constructs this orb. Also, is it called strain when Goku or any of the fighters actually perform their ki attacks, such as Kamehameha? Because they shudder and all when they perform these types of attacks. I'd say its more like focusing.

So what? We clearly see hear that Goku and Vegeta stop it. We see Kid Buu and Super Buu struggle when creating their vanishing balls on Earth and on the Grand Kai's world.

Its quite clear that the planet explodes with the orb still on its surface as the orb actually retains the same size as the clip moves on in the few seconds that passes, throwing out the notion that it was making its way to the core. No hole is seen whatsoever.

What?! We clearly see it's underground in that video.

You clearly missed the part where I said: he was running out of energy fast as per Goku's statement due to his full power form. Plus, he had fought Goku and tired himself out before he did this. And I cannot find any scans of Frieza destroying Planet Vegeta but its said it was he who destroyed it. Note the two differences though, he used a Supernova to destroy Planet Vegeta, I think it was a Death Ball that did Namek. Another thing to note, he did want time to fight the stupid monkey that is Goku, and to ensure Goku's death in case Goku did defeat him, so that may be another reason added in with the above reasons.-

Yet the manga contradicts the anime when it comes to the output of their blasts. An ISD from TESB could one shot Goku from what we've seen, let alone the Death Star.

So what? We clearly see hear that Goku and Vegeta stop it. We see Kid Buu and Super Buu struggle when creating their vanishing balls on Earth and on the Grand Kai's world.

I wasn't contesting they couldn't stop it. I don't see it as struggling, but focusing, because the "struggling" also occurs when the fighters perform their signature attacks.

What?! We clearly see it's underground in that video.

The orb kept its size as we see it, and you did say it "detonated when it hit the core", when its obvious that the orb hasn't made any further moment into the planet itself as when we see it on the surface, it retains the same size before the planet finally detonates and there is no hole, only that its just impacted the planet. It's not underground, otherwise, we'd see some... what do you call it... an impression or something around the energy orb that would signify that it was underground.

Yet the manga contradicts the anime when it comes to the output of their blasts. An ISD from TESB could one shot Goku from what we've seen, let alone the Death Star.

I wasn't contesting that Goku can't tank a shot from the Death Star. Quite the contrary, I was contesting the planet buster issue.

Guest ricrery
I wasn't contesting they couldn't stop it. I don't see it as struggling, but focusing, because the "struggling" also occurs when the fighters perform their signature attacks.

Let we can see lines across their forehead when they are casting their planet busters.

The orb kept its size as we see it, and you did say it "detonated when it hit the core", when its obvious that the orb hasn't made any further moment into the planet itself as when we see it on the surface, it retains the same size before the planet finally detonates and there is no hole, only that its just impacted the planet. It's not underground, otherwise, we'd see some... what do you call it... an impression or something around the energy orb that would signify that it was underground.

What?! We see that the first ball is larger than the second one (not to mention, it destroyed the surface near it while drilling). Why don't we see any damaged near the second ball of energy? Maybe it wasn't the original ball? Or is that completely out of the question for no reason?

Let we can see lines across their forehead when they are casting their planet busters.

What?! We see that the first ball is larger than the second one (not to mention, it destroyed the surface near it while drilling). Why don't we see any damaged near the second ball of energy? Maybe it wasn't the original ball? Or is that completely out of the question for no reason?

Well, they also have to control the vast amounts of energy, so they really have to focus.

Mh, can you please elaborate?

Guest ricrery
Well, they also have to control the vast amounts of energy, so they really have to focus.

Yet we see that they struggle to make these balls, create nearby shockwaves while screaming.

Guest Artemis Entreri

How does all these threads somehow de-evolve into DBZ rants... Stop it, please? I beg you.

Anyway, Skirmisher I meant all versions of extremely pissed off Hulks of course. Hulk has many many times over tanked planet busting attacks. In fact Hulk is known as a walking planet buster himself(hence the title Worldbreaker). He Tanked Gladiators heat vision which is stated could destory small stars. Hulk tank it with his hand. He could no doubt do the same with the Deathstar.

My reason for adding Sentry to the list was purely based on the fact that he is essentailly a Superman clone and as such should be able to withstand all that Supes himself could.

I was speaking of all versions of the Phoenix. Even Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl) with she phoenix powers should be able to survive planet buster attacks. The Phoenix powers far exceeds anything Vulcan's powers could do.

How does all these threads somehow de-evolve into DBZ rants... Stop it, please? I beg you.

Anyway, Skirmisher I meant all versions of extremely pissed off Hulks of course. Hulk has many many times over tanked planet busting attacks. In fact Hulk is known as a walking planet buster himself(hence the title Worldbreaker). He Tanked Gladiators heat vision which is stated could destory small stars. Hulk tank it with his hand. He could no doubt do the same with the Deathstar.

My reason for adding Sentry to the list was purely based on the fact that he is essentailly a Superman clone and as such should be able to withstand all that Supes himself could.

I was speaking of all versions of the Phoenix. Even Rachel Summers (Marvel Girl) with she phoenix powers should be able to survive planet buster attacks. The Phoenix powers far exceeds anything Vulcan's powers could do.

Also Hulk held the tectonic plates of the planet Skaar(which is I think 2 times bigger then earth), I doubt any DBZ character can pull that off.

That feat may even place Hulk over Superman. Sentry really isn't a Superman clone.

I just don't like how some aspects get downplayed.

Anyways...

gladiators-eyebeams-Hulk-Annual-97.jpg

"bound to kill me"

Tanking would mean he took it with no damage. He was taking damage and he acknowledges the potential that it would have killed him.

True on the Hulk part, but Gladiator is also kinda washy in his feats since it's all based on confidence (it seems more to do with the confidence of the writer and what he thinks he can get away with, heh) I'm sure that at 100% Glads could snuff a star. But here's the difference, Glads beam could have been far less powerful than that on the day he fought Hulk, as well, his method of killing a star with it might have taken longer with a more continuous beam than what the DS uses to pop planets.

All I'm saying is that the DS Beam would probably be stronger than Glads beam in the short run, as it dumps all it's energy in one Solid Shot at targets, where Glads has to Keep the beam On his targets for it to work. This would be to the Hulks advantage against Glads, but not against the DS.

Well, I think I have a scan somewhere of Superman being KOed by a Dwarf Planet exploding tens of thousands of kilometers away from him... That doesn't bode well for his Durability.

What would have happened if he had been On that dwarf planet when it exploded? He sure seemed worried about it, which is why he left in such a hurry. What would have happened had it been an Actual Planet instead of a dwarf Planet? What would have happened if you take all the energy that made that planet Explode and concentrated it into a single Beam and hit him with it?

I would think that not even Superman could survive a DS beam hit.

The only thing Sentry has over Superman in this area is his Resurrection ability, of actually dying and coming back to life.

I guess... Any Phoenix that has control over it's powers should be able to manipulate it's way out of harm. Then there's the fact that, well... the Phoenix can resurrect it's hosts can it not? So, she either gets through it like Vulcan, or gets up after it like the Sentry.

I think it doesn't count if you die by the hit and come back from it via resurrection. I assume Prime just wants to have a list of those that can just tank it with no harm or even survive it.

Yes, thats what I want to know.

Here is my list

Sentry

Superman

Thor

Drax the Destroyer

Thanos

Darkseid

Silver Surfer

Morg

Black Adams

Hal Jordan

Wonder Women

Mongul

Odin

Ares(DC)

Superboy-prime

Black Lanterns

Monarch

Doomsday

Hulk at full potential

Dark Phoenix

Hercules(DC)

Supergirl

Shazam

Beta Ray Bill

Gladiator

Tyrant

Bor

Juggernaut

Hyperstorm

Nova

Martian the Manhunter

Lord Marvel

PC Superman

PC Darkseid

PC Wonderwomen

PC Mongul

Superman Blue

Kal Kent

Galactus starving

Mephisto

Zarathos

Ghost Rider(Danny Ketch) full power with all Ghost riders absorbed

Adam Warlock

Aqua man(I think)

Namor(I think)

Nekron

Captain Adam

Krona

Cyborg-Superman

Parralax

Mavel Elder Gods

Guest Red Blue Blur

Sentry just isnt on Supes level in any way.