Slot: The Team's Hunter
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gabriel Van Helsing at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Pictures

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: ACME

Even in the context of the 1987 TMNT cartoon, Leonardo is still one of the most powerful and strategic of the Turtles and given the world he hails from in the TMNT Multiverse, I am fairly certain that he has come across some cartoonish type traps and even STRANGER gear used against him and his brothers.

Also the Turtles have SOME degree of Toon Force to compliment their skills.

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/fy2o70/respect_leonardo_teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_87/

Depends on the version of Van but generally he's going to struggle here. Fighting Dracula is no easy feat of course, but limiting him to only Acme is going to be really hard for anyone to overcome, and Leo is very strong and competent to boot. I think Van will struggle a lot here

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Depends on the version of Van but generally he's going to struggle here. Fighting Dracula is no easy feat of course, but limiting him to only Acme is going to be really hard for anyone to overcome, and Leo is very strong and competent to boot. I think Van will struggle a lot here

This is Gabriel Van Helsing from the Universal Van Helsing movie.

The original Van Helsing from the Bram Stoker novel is Abraham Van Helsing.

But even if it is Gabriel Van Helsing, who is an amnesiac Angel... I don't think that he's ready for someone like 1987 Leonardo here.

For one, Leo can run so fast he can achieve blurring speeds and he can cut through an alien tank seen here.

On its own merit, Gabriel vs Leo would an interesting fight.

With Van Helsing using ACME products? Things could become that much more entertaining. :D After remembering the history of ACME products, I'm now thinking they'd actually be prone to literally and figuratively blow up in both of their faces.  

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Good catch. I haven't seen that film so I can't speak to the matchup

Oh, it's a great movie.

A treat for fans on the Universal Monsters. I recommend. 

15 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Oh man, if Gabriel is allowed to transform into a werewolf, he could possibly punch above his weight class.

I feel like that's a whole other debate to be had, especially considering that the 1987 Turtles have some pretty good scalings if only because of slight Toon Force.

But as it stands for this match, I don't see how Leo can pretty much fail in escaping or even straight up beating in a fight Gabriel Van Helsing if it came to it.

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Good catch. I haven't seen that film so I can't speak to the matchup

4 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Oh, it's a great movie.

A treat for fans on the Universal Monsters. I recommend. 

I can vouch for Van Helsing, too. Say what you want about Stephen Sommers films, but they're very rarely boring. 

20 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The name ACME is also used as a generic name for products, so in this instance Van Helsing has the ability to spawn in any weapon of his choice. This Van Helsing also goes against literal vampires, and the Head Vamp in charge. 

3 hours ago, sonder said:

The name ACME is also used as a generic name for products, so in this instance Van Helsing has the ability to spawn in any weapon of his choice. This Van Helsing also goes against literal vampires, and the Head Vamp in charge. 

It was also the name of supermarket chain.

And the 1987 toon Leonardo has gone up again Mutants, Aliens, Monsters and a LITERAL VIDEO GAME BOSS that manifested to reality WITH VIDEO GAME PHYSICS as part of her powers.

Interesting one this. I'm guessing Helsing can still use some of his powers such as his speed and smell to track Leonardo, even though he needs to use ACME products for finishing the hunt.

Even if he doesnt have those powers, the big issue here for Leonardo is that he is unlikely to run and hide or deceive the hunter - he'll go in for the fight. And that's when he's going to face the dynamite, the grease, the glue, the dehydrated boulders, invisible paint and more. Wielded by someone who is used to using new gadgets, as seen in the movie. 

But then again Leo does have some pretty outstanding battle feats... the question is can he last 3 days. 

37 minutes ago, Culwych1 said:

Interesting one this. I'm guessing Helsing can still use some of his powers such as his speed and smell to track Leonardo, even though he needs to use ACME products for finishing the hunt.

Even if he doesnt have those powers, the big issue here for Leonardo is that he is unlikely to run and hide or deceive the hunter - he'll go in for the fight. And that's when he's going to face the dynamite, the grease, the glue, the dehydrated boulders, invisible paint and more. Wielded by someone who is used to using new gadgets, as seen in the movie. 

But then again Leo does have some pretty outstanding battle feats... the question is can he last 3 days. 

I don't think the Acme brand weapons and gadgets are going to be too much of a problem for Leonardo, especially considering he's seen traps that use alien tech. Case in point, a lot of things that Dimension X threw at the Turtles.

And if it comes to a fight, Gabriel has never encountered anyone like Leonardo. For one... Leonardo is fast enough to dodge lasers, something that doesn't exist in Gabriel's time period.

And Leonardo is also consistently more than fast enough to not just dodge lasers but also DEFLECT them. He's even deflected energy turned into matter.

Leonardo is also durable enough to take and withstand a continuous energy blast from Tempestra, a LITERAL VIDEO GAME END BOSS.

And Tempestra's blast are strong enough to break through streets and down into the sewers. I don't think explosive Acme weapons will be a problem. 

As far as skill goes, 1987 Leonardo fights against 1987 Shredder (who is actually quite skilled even in this whacky toon) and defeats him.

Even a delusional Leonardo, thinking he's one of the Three Musketeers even holds his own against Shredder.

Yeah... I don't think Gabriel Van Helsing has what it takes here to take on 1987 Leonardo, even if it dragged into a fight.

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

I don't think the Acme brand weapons and gadgets are going to be too much of a problem for Leonardo, especially considering he's seen traps that use alien tech. Case in point, a lot of things that Dimension X threw at the Turtles.

And if it comes to a fight, Gabriel has never encountered anyone like Leonardo. For one... Leonardo is fast enough to dodge lasers, something that doesn't exist in Gabriel's time period.

And Leonardo is also consistently more than fast enough to not just dodge lasers but also DEFLECT them. He's even deflected energy turned into matter.

Leonardo is also durable enough to take and withstand a continuous energy blast from Tempestra, a LITERAL VIDEO GAME END BOSS.

And Tempestra's blast are strong enough to break through streets and down into the sewers. I don't think explosive Acme weapons will be a problem. 

As far as skill goes, 1987 Leonardo fights against 1987 Shredder (who is actually quite skilled even in this whacky toon) and defeats him.

Even a delusional Leonardo, thinking he's one of the Three Musketeers even holds his own against Shredder.

Yeah... I don't think Gabriel Van Helsing has what it takes here to take on 1987 Leonardo, even if it dragged into a fight.

Well my server bill is about to skyrocket lol.

3 minutes ago, IKA said:

Dude, I didn't know!

But people wanna sleep on the TMNT! I gotta educate them! Does anyone even LOOK at the links I share?

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Dude, I didn't know!

But people wanna sleep on the TMNT! I gotta educate them! Does anyone even LOOK at the links I share?

You're good, it's stuff like that that made me fall in love with this site to begin with. If I have to pay a little extra to make that happen, so be it.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Dude, I didn't know!

I know the feeling. I'm trying to show people Scrooge McDuck's feats as to proof he'd win his fight and nobody is listening. 

2 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

I know the feeling. I'm trying to show people Scrooge McDuck's feats as to proof he'd win his fight and nobody is listening. 

Dude, only two people have posted definitively against Scrooge so far in that match-up, including your opponent, yours truly. :) You never know what the others are thinking. 

Besides, Scrooge's toon force gives him a good shot, and I have a feeling Deathstroke may struggle against a bit these toon and magical animals. 

As for this match-up? Still thinking on it. 

Would it at all be out of the question to scale 1987 Leonardo to his brothers from the 1987 cartoon, especially considering that they're siblings and also happen to hail from the same universe or would the Toon Force that they all have, allowing them to break physics to some extent make that impossible to do?

20 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Would it at all be out of the question to scale 1987 Leonardo to his brothers from the 1987 cartoon, especially considering that they're siblings and also happen to hail from the same universe or would the Toon Force that they all have, allowing them to break physics to some extent make that impossible to do?

I would say scaling the turtles to each other makes sense. Which is why I'm leaving this here. It's Mikey getting up after having a building dropped on him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RTvideos/comments/fk0tui/tmnt/

1 hour ago, RiotGear said:

I would say scaling the turtles to each other makes sense. Which is why I'm leaving this here. It's Mikey getting up after having a building dropped on him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RTvideos/comments/fk0tui/tmnt/

And if we're going to factor in Gabriel Van Helsing turning into his Werewolf form, then we should look at Season 9 Leonardo who has a Hulk out form.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Unstable_mutation

On 12/6/2023 at 4:30 PM, IKA said:

Just noticed this. 

Might it help cut down on costs if the memes and such were embedded instead of posting them directly? 

17 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Just noticed this. 

Might it help cut down on costs if the memes and such were embedded instead of posting them directly? 

I didn't even know that those videos from Reddit were gonna be formatted on the forum like that.

It was just supposed to be links.