Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 18527 Michelangelo (Mirage) vs. Aska

RakaiThwei

Continuation After Donatello vs Chizuru Kagura

The match between Donatello and Chizuru Kagura had ended in a stalemate.

Leonardo simply shook his head, expressing a mild disdain at the result and the unfortunate luck which his intellectual brother seemed to be experiencing in this tournament. Donatello was definitely no slouch, that much was indeed certain but he seemed to be having an issue when it had come to dealing with opponents who utilized mystic means to fight their battles. For all of their experiences as ninja in the field of battle— sometimes there were battles where their skill and experience sometimes came up short. Leonardo knew this much, as it was a harsh fact of life but knowing didn’t necessarily make the sting of experiencing a defeat by proxy through his brother any less painful. He could only imagine how Donatello could be taking the result of this battle.

Donatello twirled his metal staff within his right hand and he turned only to now face his brothers, a disappointed frown quite apparent on his face as he now moved towards them. It was bad enough that Donatello had experienced two prior draws with Andy Bogard and B. Jenet. He hadn’t experienced any true losses in this tournament, and perhaps that could be seen as a bright side to look at but it wasn’t exactly helping the bitter emotion which he was feeling at this very moment. Looking to his brothers, Donatello breathed an anguished sigh before speaking.

“I guess I came up short. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” He softly spoke.

“You didn’t lose and they didn’t get a victory. We’re still ahead of the game here, Donatello. I took my victory, Raphael took his. You’ve done what you could and—“

“I appreciate the pep talk but right now that doesn’t change the fact that I could be doing better. Even with an upgraded bo-staff with electrical shock capabilities… seems as if that wasn’t enough. Maybe I need some practice.” Donatello interjected.

Sensing his brother’s displeasure, Leonardo could only give a nod understanding. Reaching out with a hand, the red masked leader firmly placed his grip down onto Donatello’s right shoulder to give a firm, reassuring squeeze and then patted him on his carapace. Donatello moved on ahead now and looked over to Raphael and Michelangelo, sensing that the hot-headed Turtle wasn’t too pleased with the result of his battle with Chizuru.

“I’m gonna call bullshit on that! She wasn’t even really doing that much fighting! All she was doing was using that magic voodoo bullshit to create illusions—I mean that’s gotta be cheating, right?” Raphael glared to the opposing team, eying the Japanese woman whom Donatello fought with a few moments ago.

“Hey, we’ve been fighting people with superpowers that they got through special training! The fact that we got this far through our own training without any of those crazy powers is pretty good if you ask me, Raph! Look at this realistically… we weren’t going to win every fight from the get go. Sometimes we gotta cut our losses!” Michelangelo spoke, attempting to reassure that Donatello was still a valuable player in the team.

The wily Turtle looked over to his intellectual sibling, raising his right hand up with his thumb held up. Donatello couldn’t help but smile in appreciation of Michelangelo’s words and returned the kind gesture as he moved his left hand out. Michelangelo moved his right hand to his brother’s firmly gripping onto Donatello’s hand as he firmly shook it. The four siblings then looked over to the opposing team, three of whom at this point had managed to put up a valiant effort in the competition. Kyo Kusanagi’s mastery over flames was nothing to scoff at, as Leonardo managed to experience firsthand and even he had to admit that the young man’s level of skill with the Martial Arts was something to be respected, and his skill with the flames only added to the level of danger which he posed. Raphael caught Iori shooting glares at him and in kind, he returned his own. The red masked hot-head had never fought someone who was just as bull-headed and ill-tempered as he, except for maybe Casey Jones. And those purple flames were something which even he had been caught off guard with. Donatello moved his gaze over Chizuru Kagura, recalling their immediate bout from moments ago—she was able to effectively use her power of illusion over him and was able to land in some good strikes onto him, and her fighting style was unusual, unorthodox even, and could at best be described as a form of dance. Perhaps… that was what had caught him off guard the most. Yes, that was what had to have been the case as far as the intellectual sibling was concerned.

Chizuru stepped back from her position in the middle of the chosen fighting area, and turned to meet her teammates. Together, they were known as the Three Treasures— as they were from the families which protected the sacred artefacts which were used against the eight headed serpent of legend called Orochi. And as guardians of the three treasures of Japan, they boasted powers which could arguably even be considered or called as divine. They had participated in many KOF tournaments, often times fighting against each other but always coming together to meet a common goal against a greater threat than whatever petty disputes they had, particularly with the Kusanagi and Yagami houses. The Japanese woman took in a deep breath of air through her nose before she turned to face the four shelled reptiles.

“You’ve definitely come a long way. I have to respect your level of skill and say that whoever trained you definitely would’ve been proud to see you come this far. However… This fight between our respective teams isn’t over. We still have one shot to turn this all around to our favor.” Chizuru spoke.

The four Turtles looked over to Chizuru, staring with an intent gaze as they listened to what she had to say. Leonardo had to commend the woman that she saw that there was still one chance to turn it around. Everything which she had indeed said was quite true. As long as they still had one fighter, the opposing team could still have a means of turning this match to their favor if the combatant was smart enough and skilled enough to do just that.

“She’s right guys, we’re not entirely out of the woods with this match yet. How are all of us feeling?” Leonardo turned to meet his brothers, his gaze upon them quite inquisitive.

“Count me out, Leo. I took a draw with the lady over here. Still fresh with the bruises.” Donatello responded.

“My fight with the emo die-job ginger over there was a close one. I’m about maybe thirty percent. If I rest up a bit longer, I might be bumped up to forty percent. Mm.” Raphael grunted.

“I might be able to go one more round if I have to. If I have to evaluate my physical condition right about now, I’d say I’m about fifty percent.” Leonardo nodded.

Chizuru placed her hands behind her back, folding them as she now eyed the four Turtles before her. She couldn’t help but purse her lips and raise a brow in a rather quizzical manner as she took note of how the brothers were deciding on who should go next. Was this how they approached their battles in this tournament?

“As everyone else on this team has been eliminated, it is now my turn to try and turn things in our favor! Choose who goes next, because I am done wasting time here to discuss where the next match could go!” Aska spoke with a firm tone.

Chizuru turned to look over to the fourth recruit of her team. She had personally approached this young woman as she had expressed a desire to show her style of ninjutsu to the world. Chizuru had seen Aska’s technique and her level of skill and she was more than confident that she would be able to hold her own against many contestants in the tournament. And now was her chance to showcase to what she could do against these any of these four mutated reptiles. The four red masked Turtles now looked over to one another again, and all eyes dropped on Michelangelo. Seeing that it was his turn, the wily Turtle simply shrugged his shoulders and took in a light breath of air before exhaling a light sigh from within. Out of everyone—so far, it hadn’t been his turn yet. Michelangelo took a step forward and he looked over to his opponent, taking the moment to size her up. He took note of her attire and even spotted the kunai which were strapped over her legs and the realization had come to him that this woman was indeed very much a Kunoichi, though which clan she had hailed from— he didn’t know.

Aska stepped forth and also took a moment to survey the Turtle. She had never really so much as even seen a fighter like this before and for a moment believed that this was some sort of elaborately made costume but then she had looked over to the other three shelled reptiles, and noted the bruises on their skin. It had hit her suddenly that those weren’t costumes but quite in fact very real creatures.

“Ah! Kappa!”

“What?” Michelangelo blinked.

“I never thought that such creatures could exist! To have the opportunity to fight a Yokai in America, let alone in any tournament is something I’ve never even thought in my wildest dreams!” Aska grinned.

Michelangelo again couldn’t help but blink as he turned to look over to his brothers. Apparently, it seemed as if his opponent believed that he was some sort of creature from Japanese folklore. He recalled the stories which Master Splinter had told him of the Yokai of Japan and looked down to himself, and he couldn’t help but scoff as he shook his head. He had to admit, the appearances were quite comparable if he recalled what the fabled creatures looked like.

“Yeah, okay… Let’s go with that. You caught us red handed lady.” Michelangelo chuckled.

Aska quickly clenched her hands into fists as she snapped herself into her own fighting stance. Michelangelo took a moment to observe her fighting posture before he moved his hands down and took hold of his twin nunchaku in his grasp, now drawing them out. The red masked Turtle then twirled his weapons with skill and swiftness, swinging them upwards and then down before tucking them underneath his arm pits. Aska moved a hand down, now gripping onto one of her kunai and drew the weapon out. Both moved in closer to one another and very slowly strafed into a circle, both mirroring each other’s steps. Michelangelo and Aska stared dead into each other’s eyes, trying to figure out how they were going to start this battle.

“Let’s go Mikey, you got this!” Raphael shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth.

Taking the initiative, Aska leaned forward with her weight as she then thrust her right arm forward with the intent to slam her fist directly into the Turtle’s face. Michelangelo quickly leaned to the right and managed to evade the incoming punch but Aska followed up by turning with her hips and swung out with her left leg as she moved it diagonally up, intending to strike Michelangelo across the face with a solid roundhouse. But Michelangelo immediately then leaned back from the incoming kick. Retaliating, the wily Turtle then moved his nunchaku in his left hand upwards, intending on striking Aska in the chin with the weapon but the Kunoichi side-stepped to her right and managed to evade the incoming weapon. Quickly turning to meet his opponent, Michelangelo then twirled the nunchaku in his right hand horizontally over to the left and then back across to the right as he took aim for Aska’s midsection. The Japanese woman had crossed her arms in front of her self, blocking the nunchaku with her metal wrist guards and responded by leaning up and snapping her right leg up as high as she could in a rising front kick with the intent on striking Michelangelo chin. However, the Turtle leaned back from the incoming kick and responded by turning with his weight as he then released a series of four quick punches, aiming them for Aska’s mid-section, chest and her head. The Kunoichi crossed her arms out in front of herself, taking the brunt of the punches as best as she could.  Quickly parting her arms to break the offense, Aska followed through by snapping her right leg out in a front kick. Michelangelo leaned in with his weight and he snapped his left leg out with his own front kick. Both combatants feet slammed to each other, pushing the two away from one another.

“Oh, this is gonna be interesting!” Aska grinned.

“Yeah, s’gonna be fun. Let’s give a good show!” Michelangelo chimed.

Both the wily Turtle and Aska stared to one another silently. Both then darted to one another, their movements swift and with purpose. Both had an objective to achieve and would fight to the bitter end to see it through.

What maybe the final match between the Turtles and the Three Treasures team kicked off in an explosive collision. Now it was just a matter of seeing who would come out on top.

After a long hiatus of writing the Mirage Turtles storyline on the CBUB, the storyline officially continues!

I suppose it's better late than never but sometimes the tanks runs out of gas and real life responsibilities just take over-- so much has happened after the last match up and it was definitely a challenge to write this particular match up again. This also serves as something of a soft reboot as well, still keeping in continuity with the previous match ups with the Mirage Turtles but it doesn't have the recap between Donatello and Chizuru. The reason being is that I have been out of the writing game for so long, and writing down Chizuru's fighting style was too difficult for me as her style is a combination of dance and illusion magic, or what equates to illusion magic as far as the KOF series is concerned. None the less, I did my best to convey something of an emotion depiction for Donatello's result in the last match up.

Also this marks the debut of one of the most obscure characters in TMNT history. Aska had been added to the database for maybe about a year but she hasn't really been used until now. What's interesting is that now with the TMNT Cowabunga Collection, perhaps old school gamers and new school gamers can rediscover this character. I was honestly thinking about retconning Aska from the previous set ups and replacing her with Lotus Blossom as I wanted Aska to face some other KOF characters but I really wanted to continue with the Mirage Turtles storyline.

So hopefully, after a much needed and long hiatus-- I make my return with this match up! Enjoy!

For new readers who are just hopping onto this storyline here, I suggest you look at the Mirage TMNT Respect Thread to see what the Mirage Turtles are more than capable of.

--

Michelangelo is Low Tier Superhuman in terms of physicals. Think Above Peak Human due to his mutation and training.

Michelangelo possesses his Twin Nunchaku, Shurikens, Smoke Bombs, and Kunai.

Aska is at Peak Human Conditioning due to her training.

Aska has her moveset from the TMNT: Tournament Fighter SNES game.

Aska is armed with four Steel Kunai.

Battle Environment Map

FZvWq5e.png

9 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Nice to see this back. I'm struggling to see a way for Aska to win this. Looking forward to what's coming next.

Yeah, writing this out was... difficult. Primarily when one has a house to invest their money in, also having to work five days out of the week and then dealing with mental exhaustion from dealing with the customers in retail... It kills your creativity.

As to who is next... Weeeeell... I'm gonna have to think about that.

Very good to see you back in the writing game, Rakai! :) Very nice set-up. Even without the usual recap, you did a very good job at portraying what Donatello and Chizuru were feeling in the aftermath of their fight. 

As for the match, I had to look up Aska in action since it's been awhile since I've played Tournament fighters. 

For anyone interested, here's Aska in action

Given this and what Mikey and the other Turtles have been through so far, I say he should win here. Aska will definitely make it interesting, though. 

32 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Very good to see you back in the writing game, Rakai! :) Very nice set-up. Even without the usual recap, you did a very good job at portraying what Donatello and Chizuru were feeling in the aftermath of their fight. 

As for the match, I had to look up Aska in action since it's been awhile since I've played Tournament fighters. 

For anyone interested, here's Aska in action

Given this and what Mikey and the other Turtles have been through so far, I say he should win here. Aska will definitely make it interesting, though. 

Thanks for commenting as usual, DSkillz! Hopefully the gas tank won't burn out with me this time around!

It's great to see you back to writing old friend, it's been a while but I can tell you haven't lost your touch all that much. Even without a recap for this one, the emotions of the characters and their reactions to the outcome from the previous fight, feel natural and authentic to me, Raphael, Leonardo, and Donatello all feel real. It works out quite well, and bridges the gap between the fictional realm and the real world, making the Turtles feel much more real and much more relatable. Leo's leadership and balance, Raphael's kind of assholish tough love for his brother, with a touch of understanding and compassion, and even Donnie's reaction to the notion that even sometimes his intelligence isn't enough, all feel like honest reactions that people can relate to.

For this match, Mikey does have his hands full, to some extent, as Aska is quite skilled in speed, and is capable of generating wind attacks, whirlwinds, and providing some decent uppercuts within her moveset, however, I have a feeling he can find ways to match her in skill and capability. If he needs to as well, the roofs might even offer a vantage point in this fight that will be invaluable, in my opinion anyway, as the advantage of height will give him an even greater chance of winning than even fighting on the ground would, although I could be wrong on that too.

22 minutes ago, Z451 said:

It's great to see you back to writing old friend, it's been a while but I can tell you haven't lost your touch all that much. Even without a recap for this one, the emotions of the characters and their reactions to the outcome from the previous fight, feel natural and authentic to me, Raphael, Leonardo, and Donatello all feel real. It works out quite well, and bridges the gap between the fictional realm and the real world, making the Turtles feel much more real and much more relatable. Leo's leadership and balance, Raphael's kind of assholish tough love for his brother, with a touch of understanding and compassion, and even Donnie's reaction to the notion that even sometimes his intelligence isn't enough, all feel like honest reactions that people can relate to.

For this match, Mikey does have his hands full, to some extent, as Aska is quite skilled in speed, and is capable of generating wind attacks, whirlwinds, and providing some decent uppercuts within her moveset, however, I have a feeling he can find ways to match her in skill and capability. If he needs to as well, the roofs might even offer a vantage point in this fight that will be invaluable, in my opinion anyway, as the advantage of height will give him an even greater chance of winning than even fighting on the ground would, although I could be wrong on that too.

Thanks for the comments, Z451!

Yeah, writing this one was a challenge because I needed to get back into the swing of things and I was even pondering on going back to the previous match ups, and editing them to retcon them featuring Lotus Blossom instead but I felt as if I had kept Aska waiting in line long enough, and I also didn't want to keep the Turtles on the back burner for too long either. So it needed to be pushed this way.

Man you know how long I've waited for this one?! I was about to message you and see wha'sup! Mickey didn't get his turn.

I understand though. Real life gets all of us.

I'll go with the turtle here. He might be offended that she hits him with her butt (check that video).

3 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

Man you know how long I've waited for this one?! I was about to message you and see wha'sup! Mickey didn't get his turn.

Well, wait no longer! I am here and I am back! I just had a lot going on in my life!

4 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I'll go with the turtle here. He might be offended that she hits him with her butt (check that video).

Or he might like it. I know I would.

And if we're using the Japanese game version of the character, instead of bloomers, she's got a thong.

11 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

I understand though. Real life gets all of us.

Mickey who?

Mickey Mouse aint fighting Aska, even though that would be quite the sight to see, lol.

10 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Mickey who?

Mickey Mouse aint fighting Aska, even though that would be quite the sight to see, lol.

Someone WRITE that match up... Like... Write up the set up because Mickey Mouse needs his ass beat!

8 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

Fast typing sydrome. and it's bedtime.

It's all good man, heh. Just playing with you is all.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - StormChaser
5.00 - Z451
4.70 - DSkillz
4.60 - JohnnyChany
4.60 - Boratz

FPA Calculation:
5 Total Votes cast
23.90 Total Combined Score
23.90 / 5 = 4.78 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE