Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 17913 Shiki (Samurai Shodown) vs. Yang

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 166

guilesit.jpg.5bcad799f96990ff36f418a4816b370e.jpg

Aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise liner, Guile was sitting on the ground with his arms wrapped around his knees when he was approached bythe Greek warrior, Sophitia Alexandra, the DOATEC CEO, Helena Douglas, and the Polish Prime Minister, Lidia Sobieska. (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. CRIMSON VIPER)

“How are you feeling, soldier?” asked Lidia.

“Still a little woozy, but much better than I was,...” Guile looked up at Sophitia. “Thanks to you.”

“I am glad I could help,” answered Sophitia. “My only wish is that I was here before things got out of hand.”

“How are Detective Wulong (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE) Wand Marshall Law (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. GUILE)?” Guile inquired.

“You delivered quite the beatdown on those two men,” Helena said sternly.

Guile looked down to the ground, ashamed of how the shards of Soul Edge had controlled him.

A small smile appeared on Helena’s face. “Lucky for us it’s not the first time either of them have been roughed up in a fight before. They will be fine.”

“Major Guile, we want to ask you about Urien,” Lidia declared.

“Urien? Urien of the Secret Society?” asked Guile.

“That’s the one,” Lidia confirmed.

“You have reason to believe he is involved in this?”

“We have confirmation that he is,” stated Helena. (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. MAKOTO) “What information do you have on him?”

Guile sighed. “Unfortunately very little. Despite my concerns, the US military does not view him or his brother as major threats. At least not pressing threats. Considering the ongoing actions of Bison and Shadoloo, it’s been hard to argue that position.”

Prime Minister Sobieska was unable to hide her disappointment. “Is there anyone on your side that I can get my people in contact with for more intel?”

“I have a few names that may have some useful information for you, m’am.” Guile paused. “Now that I think of it, Ryu and Ken have had some interaction with the Secret Society. They probably know some things the US Military may not.”

“How can we get in contact with them?”

“Ken is usually easy enough, he is my brother in law. Ryu, on the other hand….” Guile trailed off.

An idea popped into Helena’s head. “I seem to recall Miss Kanzuki talking about hosting several World Warrior participants during a few missions in the past when we brought her in for the exhibition. (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI) Perhaps it would be fruitful for us to reach out to her.”

Guile agreed. “It’s worth a shot.”

“While you do that I will reach out to my office for any other contacts we have on Urien or the Society itself,” Lidia announced.

“I wish Chun Li were here,” Guile lamented. “She is always very resourceful in situations like these. Have you heard any news from her?”

Helena Douglas shook her head no. “So much has happened since she took her leave of us.” (REF: K' VS. KEN MASTERS)

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019420776_hqdefault(3).jpg.9aca64b162c4d480722706db294d74de.jpg

Chun-Li and Yang arrived in Tokyo quickly after leaving the hidden Shaolin temple. (REF: KEN MASTERS VS. IORI YAGAMI) They immediately traveled to the hospital where Chun-Li was informed that Yun’s killer (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN) was being treated after his battle with Dhalsim  (REF: LEI FEI VS. DHALSIM) where they were joined by other Interpol agents. 

The two Chinese fighters along with the agents approached a nurse and Chun-Li flashed her Interpol badge.

“I am here to interrogate a patient recently admitted here after a fight at a restaurant where he was burned,” Chun-Li announced. (REF: ROSE VS. ZAFINA)

“You must mean the monk, yes m’am right away,” said the nurse. “I knew I had a strange feeling about him.”

“We will keep a look out here,” stated one of the other Interpol agents.

Chun-Li and Yang began following the nurse, but Chun-Li stopped Yang’s progress with her arm. “I want you to stay here with the agents while I go talk to him.”

“What!?!”

“Lei Fei was hired to kill your brother, I want to find out by whom. I’m afraid if you are in there, the emotions will be too high and I won’t be able to get the information I need,” Chun-Li explained.

“But…”

“You agreed on the plane to do this my way. Trust me it’s for the best,” Chun-Li assured.

Yang reluctantly agreed to stay behind.

Upon his hospital bed, the badly burned Lei Fei opened his eyes not to the sight of a nurse, but instead the sight of a sternly faced Interpol agent.

“Are you here to investigate who did this to me?” he wondered.

“No. I know exactly who did that to you. I have actually fought him before. You needed to do a better job of avoiding his flames,” the agent replied.

Lei Fei squinted for a moment until recognition hit him. “Wait a minute, you are ‘her’. What a strange twist of fate that you would come to me now.”

“I am coming to you because I want answers!” Chun-Li asserted. “Why were you hired to kill Yun? Was it really just to get to me?”

Lei Fei leaned his head back. “I don’t need to tell you anything.”

“Have it your way. You will have plenty of time to keep your thoughts to yourself when you are in solitary for the rest of your life,” Chun-Li threatened.

“I’m not afraid of prison,” Lei Fei insisted.

“Who said anything about prison? I’m talking about making you disappear forever. I have connections, and I know no one will come looking for you. Certainly not your temple after you went against their creed and into business for yourself,” said Chun-Li.

“If that were true, why not just kill me?”

“Because I want you to live a long time, thinking about the horrors that you have caused and the failure that you amounted to,” Chun-Li replied.

Lei Fei sneered. “You’re bluffing.”

Chun-Li turned her back to him and walked toward the door. “You will have plenty of time to think about that assumption and how wrong it is, I am going to follow some other leads.”

“Wait a minute,” Lei Fei called out.

Chun-Li turned to face him with an unchanged expression.

“I didn’t know much when I first took the contract on the boy,” Lei Fei informed. “The contact I dealt with was just a mouthpiece. After I succeeded with the job, they told me you would come after me and that was the point. They didn’t know how successful a hit on you would be, but taking out someone you care about would get you out of the picture and off their tail all the same. That was the real goal.”

“This is about that weapon that Helena Douglas is worried about, isn’t it?” Chun-Li guessed.

“Don’t know, don’t care. But, if you want to save more of your friends from suffering his fate (REF: SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO) you will proably want to keep me around,” stated Lei Fei.

“What are you talking about?”

“That boy wasn’t the only target. There are lots of them, and a lot of killers eager to collect. (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE) And not all of them for money. (REF: SHIKI VS. KAGE-MARU) That’s how I ended up going after that stretchy freak. He’s on the list too. (REF: DHALSIM VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) So is the boy’s brother.”

“Yang?”

In the waiting room, a different nurse walked up to Yang and the three Interpol agents with him with concern etched across her face.

“Can you come with me please? We need your help,” she pleaded. “There is a woman with a large ax weapon thing scaring all the patients and staff. She is not listening to security. I’m afraid something awful is going to happen.”

“Sure.”

Two of the Interpol agents followed the nurse out of the waiting room and one remained with Yang.

“I wonder what that’s all about,” said the remaining agent.

Yang was not paying attention. “I should be in there with Chun-Li..”

“Hey buddy, I’m going to go find a coffee.” The agent looked back at Yang as he reached the waiting room door jam. “You want one?”

Before Yang could say a word, two swords pierced through the agent’s chest. He gasped his last breath and fell dead on the floor. Standing behind him was a stoic woman with short black hair.

Yang gasped. “Are you…no you can’t be the one the nurse was afraid of...who...”

Shiki pulled up her two blades with the agent’s blood still on them close to her face. Her expression was blank and emotionless.

“I am here for you.”

As good as Yang is, the young buck is simply too inexperienced to deal with someone like Shiki. While Yang is the one half of the twins who takes fighting more seriously than his brother Yun, at least as far as I can recall-- his mindset will not be enough to deal with the lethality that Shiki brings to the table.

17 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

As good as Yang is, the young buck is simply too inexperienced to deal with someone like Shiki. While Yang is the one half of the twins who takes fighting more seriously than his brother Yun, at least as far as I can recall-- his mindset will not be enough to deal with the lethality that Shiki brings to the table.

That's what I was thinking. Shiki wins.

Another good set-up, Johnny. Glad I'm getting to this one in time. Once again, it's good to see you keeping up with all the various characters. And huh, this Shiki lady kinda looks like a miniature Psylocke with that outfit. :D 

As for the match, I'd have to agree with the general sentiment. Shiki might be too experienced for Yang to beat, but considering that Chun-Li's not that far away and they're all already in a hospital, I like Yang's odds of survival after his loss.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.70 - leroypowell3
4.80 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.50 Total Combined Score
14.50 / 3 = 4.83 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Shiki (Samurai Shodown): 4
Yang: 0

20 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Another good set-up, Johnny. Glad I'm getting to this one in time. Once again, it's good to see you keeping up with all the various characters. And huh, this Shiki lady kinda looks like a miniature Psylocke with that outfit. :D 

As for the match, I'd have to agree with the general sentiment. Shiki might be too experienced for Yang to beat, but considering that Chun-Li's not that far away and they're all already in a hospital, I like Yang's odds of survival after his loss.

Not if she is preoccupied heh heh heh.

Always appreciate the comments, DSkillz.

Thanks to patrickthekid, Rakai and Leroypowell as well.