MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Match 13851 Sean Matsuda vs. Eddy Gordo

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XIII

16_blogyang04.jpg

Yang roller skated through his small town in search of his brother, Yun. All the townspeople told him what he already knew, that Yun was searching for his skateboard. But, no one seemed to know where that search had lead him. Yang was irritated by his brother's irresponsibility. He had told him that Chun Li needed their help and it was serious. Yet, a few hours had passed and Yun was still looking for his stupid skateboard.

A street vendor told Yang that he had seen Yun heading to the old abandoned factory on the edge of town. This confused Yang because he hadn't seen Yun skate over there in a long time. There is no way his skateboard would be over there. Yang skated to the old factory.

"Yun! Yun! Are you in here?" he called. "You better not be screwing around, we need to get going."

Yang looked throughout the factory. He finally spotted his brother and stopped in his tracks. Yun was sprawled out, motionless, on the floor. Yang sprinted to him.

"Yun!!" he cried. "What happened?!?" (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN)

Yang checked Yun's pulse and then lowered his head in sadness. He looked over his brother's body and it was clear he had been in a struggle, a fight for his life. Yang looked away and noticed Yun's skateboard out of the corner of his eye propped against a wall. Rage filled Yang's heart. He grabbed the skateboard and smashed it on his knee. He threw the two broken parts as far as he could and then returned to Yun's body.

"Whoever set you up, I will find them. And I will avenge you, brother. I swear it," he whispered.

Yang knew he would have to ask around the town to find his brother's killer. The longer he waited the harder it would be. He also knew he would have to tell Chun Li that he could no longer leave, that tragedy had struck the Lee family. But at the moment, Yang did not want to do either of those things. He just wanted to sit on the cold hard floor of the factory with his brother's head in his lap.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cristo-redentor.jpg

In Rio De Janeiro, a huge audience waited with anticipation for a martial arts final between two of Brazil's best.

Off to the left side, Ken Masters helped Sean Matsuda with his fighting gloves.

"There is no need to be nervous, kid," said Ken. "You've got this. You have worked very hard and have improved by leaps and bounds since we started training together."

"You think so?"

"I know so. Look at where we are, the finals of the Brazil Martial Arts Championships. And I think you have an excellent chance of winning as long as you focus," said Ken.

Sean looked across the platform at his opponent, Eddy Gordo.

"He is so unorthodox and hard to predict."

"Not really. He is just a capoeira practitioner. Brazil is full of them. You know that," said Ken.

"You're right. I can take him out, no problem," said Sean.

Ken lifted a finger. "Remember, be confident don't be cocky."

On the opposite side, Eddy spent his pre match time conversing with pupil, Christie Montiero.

"I'm so glad to see you back at what you do best," said Christie.

"Yeah. There is nothing like a martial arts tournament to take your mind off recent events," replied Eddy.

Christie put her hand on Eddy's shoulder. "I understand why you did what you did, Eddy. If I had been in the same position, I can't say I would have acted any differently."

"Doesn't change the fact that I participated in illegal activities and for what, he still died," lamented Eddy.

"We are not going to talk about this now. Not when you have a championship to win. You go out there and you do your best to represent us and represent capoeira. You know that is what my grandfather would have wanted."

"You're right." Eddy's expression softened. "You're always right, Christie."

Eddy hugged Christie and then stepped on to the platform. Ken walked Sean to the platform.

"Oh I almost forgot, Blanka is in the audience. He wanted me to wish you luck," stated Ken.

"Really? I do not see him anywhere," Sean said.

"He is sticking close to the shadows. He has grown comfortable fighting in front of people over the years, but it's a little different when your standing shoulder to shoulder with the public at large," explained Ken. "One more piece of advice I want to give you before your fight..."

Before he could get out another word, Ken's cell phone rang.

"Eliza.... can I call you back? I'm in the middle of something."

"We need to talk now, it's an emergency," informed Eliza.

Panic set in for Ken. "Is it the baby? Is everything ok?"

"The baby is fine, I'm fine. I just got off the phone with my sister. She says that something big is going down with M. Bison and Shadoloo and Guile was wondering if you could meet them and if you knew where Ryu is." (REF: VEGA VS. MIGUEL CABALLERO ROJO

"Well I can't leave right now, Sean is about to fight for the Brazil Martial Arts Championship. We have worked too hard for this moment for me to leave him now," said Ken.

"But Guile says..."

"It's an emergency? Guile always says it's an emergency." Ken rolled his eyes. "According to him, Shadoloo is always on the verge of global takeover. I understand his hatred for them because of what happened to his friend Charlie, and don't get me wrong they are very dangerous. But I think he has a tendency to let his feelings cloud his judgment. As a result of that he gets his wife all worked up and she, in turn, has got you all worked up."

"So you're not coming?"

"Not at this exact moment. When Sean's fight is over, I can head back to the States if I need to," said Ken.

"What about Ryu?"

"What about him? If Guile thinks I know where he is then I have bad news for him. No one knows where he is. He trains constantly in isolation in any desolate place he can find. The only way to lure him out is to spread the word that someone wants to test his skill. Eventually, it will reach him and he will come out to accept the challenge."

"Maybe we need to find him a girlfriend," suggested Eliza.

"I have been telling him that for years," said Ken. "Anyways I will call you after the fight, and you can fill me in on whatever global crisis is going on now."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too. Give a kiss to our child for me."

Ken hung up his phone and began to speak to Sean again. He stopped when he realized Sean was no longer standing next to him and was on the platform ready to square off against Eddy Gordo.

"Good luck, kid."

Guest bigballerju

Good setup of course and Sean wins. If Ken Masters was helping him train then he can definitely beat Eddy after a long fight.

I don't know this is a toughy.  If I had to choose I'd say Eddie cause of his more experience, experiene doesn't matter in game mechanics.  You can play as Sakura and beat Seth with a perfect.  Ah....*thinks*....I'll lean toward Eddie but Sean will put up a good fight from what Ken has taught him.

Guest potterpuppetpals

Ken has never actually formally trained Sean in any story. Sean merely copied (albeit badly) most of Ken's moves. Kinda like Sakura, but Ryu and Sakura are friends, while Sean and Ken aren't.

Ken has never actually formally trained Sean in any story. Sean merely copied (albeit badly) most of Ken's moves. Kinda like Sakura, but Ryu and Sakura are friends, while Sean and Ken aren't.

Yeah I was gonna say if anything Sakura was actually trained by Ryu some times so she is actually kind superior to Sean.  But For this, Eddie will win.

Except he does train him in this story (in large part to make Sean a more formidable fighter)

Guest bigballerju

Ken Master is superior to Eddie in every way possible  as a martial artist and has learned certain things quicker then even Ryu has. He was the first to modify their shouryken and make it more powerful. He mastered it more then Ryu did. If Ken was seriously training Sean then Sean would be skilled enough to beat Eddie. Eddie having more experienced is balanced out with Ken training Sean to be skilled enough to take out Eddie. 

Guest Magickal

Ken himself said that Sean lacked the dicipline to become a real street fighter. Sean training with Ken now doesn't make him anywhere near Ken's equal. Eddy is a master of his style while Sean was bottom of the barrel before training with Ken. I think Sean will make it quite a fight, thanks to his extra training, I just don't think that It'll be enough at this point.

Guest bigballerju

In the setup it says Ken trained Sean and Ken says they worked too hard for the tournament for him to just leave right away. If Ken is that ready for Sean to face Eddy then more then likely he knows Sean can win. In this setup Ken Masters actually trained Sean and believes Sean can fight someone as skilled as Eddy. 

Guest Magickal

Sure, Sean could win. I just think he's not as likely to win. It's too much of a leap for me to say one of the weakest characters in fighting games will become a national champion simply by having an undetermined amount of time finally training with Ken. Whoever wins, it would be an interesting fight and clash of styles to be sure. Looking forward to the next chapter.