MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 13980 Sergei Dragunov vs. Guile

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXIII

Asuka-6-Lili.jpg

Helena Douglas and Chun Li had successfully gathered Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, El Fuerte, Asuka Kazama, Lili Rochefort, Wolf Hawkfield, Tina Armstrong, Bass Armstrong, Eliot, and Brad Wong (REF: FENG WEI VS. GEN FU) for their mission against MIST, the G Corporation, and Shadoloo. All the fighters were currently with Helena and Chun Li on Helena's ship, the Freedom Survivor. Helena was still waiting for Zack to return with Kokoro, Hitomi, and Jann Lee while Chun Li was anticipating the arrivals of Guile, Ken Masters, and Yun and Yang Lee. The other fighters on the ship had begun to get a little restless, but did their best to make due.

Eliot approached Lili Rochefort. "Hello, I don't believe we have met yet. My name is Eliot. Assuming we get out of this okay would you like to hang out sometime?"

"That's brave of you to ask, Eliot," said Lili. "But, let's be honest with ourselves, you can plainly see that I am out of your league."

Asuka stood next to the pair. Her eyes bulged out after Lili's response.

"Don't pay any attention to her, Eliot," she said. "She was obviously never taught any manners, and her out of control ego is more of a reflection of her than you."

"Oh sweet little Asuka, it's so cute how you pathetic scraggly poor people stick up for one another," Lili remarked.

"Watch it, Lili," warned Asuka.

"Are you threatening me Asuka? I do not think that is wise idea. Remember what happened to the last girl that challenged me," said Lili. (REF:LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI)

Asuka raised her voice. "I remember saving your behind because your big mouth was getting you into trouble!" (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. SAKURA KASUGANO)

The two girls continued to bicker.

Brad Wong walked up from behind Eliot and placed an arm around his shoulder. "Believe me kid, the best thing to do at this point is just walk away."

Elsewhere on the ship, Helena approached Chun Li with a huge smile on her face.

"I have fantastic news. Zack ran into Kasumi while in Hollywood to pick up Jann Lee. She gave him the name of the man we are after. It is Yoshimitsu." (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) Helena handed the fighter's file to Chun Li. "We are still in the dark about what item he is hiding, but at least we now have a destination."

"That is great news," Chun Li agreed.

"I am charting a course for us right now to the location of Yoshimitsu's Manji Clan. As soon as I have the coordinates, I will give them to you so that you can relay them to your people accordingly," informed Helena.

"Sounds good," said Chun Li. "I am a little concerned because I have lost contact with Yun and Yang (REF: LEI FEI VS. YUN), but I will definitely pass along the information to Guile and Ken."

"Excellent."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://iphonetoolbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sergei-dragunov-f.jpg

Guile pulled his jeep into a gas station a few miles outside the military base when he received his call from Chun Li.

"You have a new destination for us to meet up at? No problem. I'll have the pilot make a new flight plan once I reach the base. From the sounds of it, you are making progress on the mission already. I'm glad to hear it," said Guile. He walked in to the attached mini mart to purchase some gum and Gatorade. "Have you heard any updates from Cammy?"

"No. She is still hunting down the woman that kidnaped Juni," Chun Li replied. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE)

"There are too many big things going down right now for it not to be related to Bison's search for that item," suggested Guile.

"I was thinking the same thing," said Chun Li.

Guile placed his gum and Gatorade on the check out counter. "Ok then, just text me the coordinates and I will see you soon."

"Goodbye Guile."

A silent figure approached Guile's jeep and peered through the window at the street fighter. It was the "White Angel of Death" himself, the Russian operative, Sergei Dragunov. He had been following Guile for the past few days and had finally found the moment he was looking for. A week earlier, The Russian military had temporarily pulled Sergei off his mission to capture Devil Jin and instructed him to capture Major Guile. The timing seemed strange to Sergei because the day before he heard that they had a great opportunity to complete their mission since Raven, who was a constant obstacle in Sergei's pursuit of Devil Jin, was completely preoccupied with internal strife. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) The major must be really important to the Russian government for some reason.

The Russian government first became aware of Guile through his involvement in the World Warrior tournament which also included legendary Russian wrestler, Zangief. Perhaps they were interested in his unique technique, the Sonic Boom. Or they were interested in him because of his knowledge on the shadowy weapons dealer, S.I.N., which the Russian government had its eye on since its rise to power. Sergei suspected it was probably a completely different motive, but ultimately it did not matter. All that mattered is the objective. Sergei waited patiently for his moment to strike as Major Guile exited the mini mart.

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted in a match of yours, Johnny. This is another good one, and I like that it's keeping track of past arc chapters. Nice characterization, too, as Sergei apparently doesn't speak much in the Tekken series as well.

As for the match, yeah, Sergei looks like a pretty tough customer, but I think Guile can eke out the win here.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

michalecs gives it a grade of: A

FoxFingers gives it a grade of: A

Confession FPT gives it a grade of: A

KibaxHinata gives it a grade of: A

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

DSkillz gives it a grade of: A Nice arc chapter and very good continuity and characterization!

SCORE

Sergei Dragunov: 5

Guile: 9

FPA: 4.0