MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 17861 Bonne Jenet vs. Darli Dagger

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART 164

ash2.jpg.8e06b9c087c25b4b0d6dad6c09dd7211.jpg

Ash Crimson kept the pressure on his mud molded and determined adversary, Necalli, with a flick of his wrist.  (REF: ASH CRIMSON VS. NECALLI) Ash connected with an array of green fireballs flung from his hands. Ash had to exert more energy than he was accustomed to while conjuring these projectiles, Necalli’s hunger to consume Ash’s soul demanded it. He quickly transformed his usual nonchalant fighting stance to one of more focus and concentration. Ash was successful in keeping Necalli at bay, but he could not keep the monster down. The blonde fighter made the quick decision to go against his original strategy and get up close to his opponent to finish him off. 

Ash attempted a slew of cartwheel kicks. In desperation to halt the onslaught, Necalli grabbed Ash’s leg with the intent to smash the arrogant fighter onto the ground. Before he could get the chance, Ash kicked him with his free leg and juggled him in the air with some more green flame assisted twirling kicks. Before Necalli’s body hit the ground, Ash constructed a pillar of green flame to shoot him back into the air with a massive explosion. Necalli landed hard on the ground and was slow to return to his feet. 

Necalli growled in frustration. He slowly stood back up and moved his head back and forth. His potential victim was suddenly nowhere to be seen. “Where did you go?!? You can’t run from me. I will devour your soul!”

Ash Crimson appeared from behind Necalli and dug into the ancient fiend’s back with his long black nails. 

“Not now. Not ever,” Ash quipped.

Ash’s green flame engulfed Necalli’s entire body and Ash kept his hand inside Necalli’s body until it melted onto the ground and dissipated. With the threat appearing to be over, Ash exhaled loudly. The energy required to defeat the monster had taken a lot out of him. He slowly walked over and picked up the Kala-Yuga staff he had taken from Kilik. (REF: KILIK VS. ASH CRIMSON)

The initial plan was to collect all the mystical weapons previously used to defeat Soul Edge just as he had taken the Sacred Treasures from Iori and Chizuru years ago. However, the appearance of this soul eating brute made Ash reconsider his original strategy. There might not be enough time, he had to work quickly. The best audible Ash could think of was to go directly after the strongest force known to contain Soul Edge, at least according to the legends told to him by his childhood friend, Elisabeth, and that force was contained by the ancient Hero King, Algol. (REF: URIEN VS. ALGOL)

A short while after Ash had left the area where he had fought Necalli, Crimson Viper arrived at the same spot. She had been led there by her Soul Edge fragments tracker created by the Mishima Zaibatsu. It had alerted her during her confrontation with Bruce Irvin. (REF: BRUCE IRVIN VS. CRIMSON VIPER) The longer she worked undercover at the Zaibatsu, the more Viper became intrigued and slightly worried about this mystical weapon that Jin Kazama was so doggedly pursuing.

Whatever the tracker had detected earlier was clearly gone now. Crimson Viper scoped out the area momentarily before deciding to head back to the Zaibatsu where she had been requested to return by the CEO himself.  

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1187808449_deejay.jpg.1fead14f35c0d6393200750e33231767.jpg

On an isolated section of a Mexican beach, Christie Montiero was failing in her attempts to thwart the kick boxing musician, Dee Jay, who himself was trying to take the warrior, Maxi, away from her. (REF: CHRISTIE MONTEIRO VS. DEE JAY) Dee Jay had a clear strength advantage over Christie, so she did her best to focus on trying to keep him off balance. Unfortunately for her, Dee Jay was also surprisingly nimble.

Christie attempted a capoeira style sweep of Dee Jay’s legs, but the Jamaican successfully jumped over and evaded Christie’s swinging legs.

Dee Jay chuckled. “You almost got me there.”

Christie tried to transition into a leg attack from a hand stand position until Dee Jay stopped her cold with a thrust kick followed by a couple of roundhouses and an uppercut. The combo completely rocked Christie and she stumbled backward in a daze. Dee Jay did not give his opponent the chance to catch her breath. He immediately followed the combo with another uppercut that launched Christie into the air. Dee Jay then juggled Christie in the air with a blitzing flurry of punches targeting her abdomen and chest before gathering all his strength in his right hand and punching Christie so hard in her side that she almost bounced off the sand when the punch sent her crashing into the beach. Christie let out a barely audible groan of pain and remained on the ground, unable to move.

“Hey mon, why you beating up on the pretty lady?” a member of Dee Jay’s entourage called out as he walked closer to the helicopter.

“Ay, don’t let the beautiful face fool you. She’s a kidnapper. I think that mon over there is the one everyone is looking for. She would have gotten away with him if I hadn’t stopped her,” explained Dee Jay.

“No way, mon. You found him. That’s great. I’ll go find one of the crew members looking for him.”

Dee Jay nodded in agreement. “Tell them to meet us at the cantina, a neutral location. I’ll bring their friend. I’m sure they are on the up and up, but I’m also not about to step foot on a ship I don’t know and a potential hostile situation.”

“Will do, mon.”

Dee Jay looked down at the battered Christie Montiero with a mix of pity and admiration. “I don’t know what kind of situation you are mixed up in, but I hope we meet again sometime under different circumstances, so that we can have a proper dance. You definitely have the rhythm.”

Elsewhere at the Mexican port, another familiar ship had docked and its inhabitants had made a beeline for Maxi’s ship. On the ship, members of Maxi’s crew delivered the good news to Darli Dagger and Cassandra Alexandra that Maxi had been found. Unbeknownst to them they were being watched.

“Do you see the abs on that woman?” The Lilien Knight, Lao, remarked as he pointed at Darli.

“They are a little hard to miss,” replied Bonne Jenet.

“Are you sure you want to tangle with her?” asked Lao. “The knight woman with her looks pretty intimidating too.”

“By the looks of it, I may not have to. I think they are leaving the ship,” B. Jenet guessed. She then glared at her subordinate. “Are you doubting my skills? Did you not see me beat the creepy zombie pirate?” (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON)

“I did indeed, captain. (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE) I meant no disrespect. So what is the plan?”

“You and the other Knights distract the remaining members of the crew. I want to take a look in the captain’s quarters,” B. Jenet announced.

“Do you think that’s where it will be?” asked Lao. (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH)

“I think there will be information on it’s location,” B. Jenet guessed.

The two then lowered their heads. 

“All of that zombie pirate’s crew kept talking about was Soul Edge, and then on Helena Douglas’s ship it was the same thing,” stated B. Jenet. (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT) “I’m not sure what exactly it is, but it has to be something special. I doubt it would just be on some ship.”

“Yeah, it’s probably in some cool cave or something like that,” Lao theorized.

“Maybe. Everywhere we have asked we have heard the same name, Maxi. Sailors swear that he has been traveling the seas for hundreds of years (REF: MAXI VS. CLAUDIO SERAFINO), if anyone would have valuable information about Soul Edge it’s him “ Jenet peered back over the edge of the ship. “I just need to get those quarters.”

“Don’t worry Captain, we’ve got you covered,” Lao assured.

True to his word, Lao and the other Lilian Knights caused a disruption near the front of the ship that caught the attention of the sparse crew remaining on board. B. Jenet took advantage of this distraction and slipped into the captain’s quarters.

B. Jenet didn’t know exactly what she was looking for, however she was confident she would know it when she saw it. She spotted an old weathered book, bound together, placed upon a desk. She reached for it, but before she could open it and loud voice stopped in her tracks.

“What are you doing in here?!?” Darli Dagger demanded.

B. Jenet spun on her heel to get a full glimpse of the same chiseled woman that she had been spying on previously.

Darli rested her massive blade over her shoulder. “Are you another one of Claudio’s lackeys, (REF: DARLI DAGGER VS. ZARINA) or are you with those other two?” (REF: EDDY GORDO VS. DARLI DAGGER)

B. Jenet stood proudly and puffed out her chest. “I am Bonne Jenet, the most elegant pirate in the world, and captain of the Lilian Knights. Hand over any maps or other such sort of information you may have on Soul Edge and I will spare you my wrath.”

Darli snickered. “You really think I am going to submit to a dainty little thing like you?”

B. Jenet was deeply offended. “I will make you regret being so rude.”

“First of all blondie, I’m not telling you anything about Soul Edge and you don’t want to get mixed up in it anyway. And second, if you think I was rude before you haven’t seen nothing yet!”

Darli violently slashed at B. Jenet with her jagged weapon, yet the proud fighter utilized her quick reflexes to jump back and avoid the strike. The sword did put a slight tear in her purple dress.

“Perhaps you’re a little more skilled than you look,” Darli remarked.

Bonne Jenet looked down at her outfit in anger. “I’ll show you.”

I have been very busy this holiday season, but I am excited to get back into it, and I'm happy to start off with this late round matchup between these two undefeated queens of the high seas. 

Hopefully @SSJRuss will get a chance to catch his girl back in action after a long time out of the story, and once again coming in as a scrappy underdog.

I'll have to say Darli win the tiebreaker. Bonnie doesn't seem to have any defense against Darli's big 'ol sword thing. Nor does she seem to have the skill to fend her off empty handed. She has a few powers to keep it interesting but Bonnie doesn't win this.

Yeah by appearances Darli certainly looks stronger and battle harden then Bonnie. But also I feel like Bonnie should have lost her fight to Cervantes at the beginning, like that was easily the biggest shenanigans of this story arc I feel. Sorry Bonnie, but I must vote against you based on that alone.

On 12/31/2021 at 12:45 AM, JohnnyChany said:

I have been very busy this holiday season, but I am excited to get back into it, and I'm happy to start off with this late round matchup between these two undefeated queens of the high seas. 

Hopefully @SSJRuss will get a chance to catch his girl back in action after a long time out of the story, and once again coming in as a scrappy underdog.

You've got my attention, my friend. I'll give you some more feedback shortly but I already know that Bonne will kick major ass.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - SSJRuss
5.00 - patrickthekid
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - leroypowell3

FPA Calculation:
4 Total Votes cast
19.00 Total Combined Score
19.00 / 4 = 4.75 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Bonne Jenet: 2
Darli Dagger: 6

Dang, I've been missing out on some good matches of late!

Welcome back, Johnny, and another good set-up. Good to see you've followed up on the Ash/Necalli and Dee Jay/Christie fights. 

And, yes, Bonne finally loses one! :D :P I would've voted for Darli here because, just like Jenet's other fights, she was realistically outmatched on paper.

• 2 weeks later...