Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

12:12 - Black Bolt vs. Supergirl

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 12

Black Bolt

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Bolt at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Supergirl

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Supergirl at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Planet Dune

Is this Arrakis? Because Arrakis has no natural precipitation which means more sunglight, but Black Bolt's voice is really powerful. Waiting for more argument on this one.

People are going to say that Kara has a strength and a speed advantage.  And that is absolutely true.

But that's not the whole story or the whole fight.  Black Bolt has Win conditions here also and brings a lot more utility to the table.

Mental powers such as compelling someone to go to sleep. Kryptonians don't have any particular mental resistance.

Durability - has taken hits from the Hulk and Gladiator. Black Bolt can take a punch.

Area of Effect attacks - Black Bolt doesn't have to compete with Kara in a fighting punch fest - he has wide area, vastly destructive powers that can bring Kara down. A whisper can take down Gladiator who is roughly equal to a Kryptonian.  Given Kara's super hearing, could be worse for her if she gets Black Bolt shouting at her.

Anyways, this is by no means a stomp and Black Bolt has a long history of using his versatile set of powers to come out on top.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Given Kara's super hearing, could be worse for her if she gets Black Bolt shouting at her.

This is the very point I have been wondering about in this type of match up. Most Kryptonions have at some stage shown pain or at least vulnerabilities to loud noises on a normal level.

I can't even comprehend the level of noise required for Black Bolt's power, which unrestrained has shown to be capable of mass destruction, and what damage that could do to a Kryptonion. 

Black Bolt definitely has a lot of power, but as someone said-- it's not something which he's going to be using out of the gate. Also, even if he does use his special vocal abilities-- I'm pretty sure that there's nothing stopping from Kara in countering it like maybe a powerful thunderclap or possibly even using super breath to maybe even freeze Black Bolt in place. Also, let's keep in mind she does have range capabilities with heat vision as well.

7 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

This is the very point I have been wondering about in this type of match up. Most Kryptonions have at some stage shown pain or at least vulnerabilities to loud noises on a normal level.

I can't even comprehend the level of noise required for Black Bolt's power, which unrestrained has shown to be capable of mass destruction, and what damage that could do to a Kryptonion. 

Silver Banshee whose voice is much weaker than Blackbolt's can cause Kryptonians pain. I think that argument holds some water.

Something which needs to be brought up, as this is the comics version of Supergirl here-- and assuming that DC Rebirth accounts for the previous continuities such as Pre-Crisis and Post Crisis as being in continuity with the current canon, then we also need to account for the fact that Kara Zor-El has Amazonian training or at least some modicum of it as evidenced in Superman/Batman: Supergirl, and it's adaptation Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. I'm not exactly sure how skilled Black Bolt is compared to someone like Wonder Woman or even so much as Artemis but Kara has been trained under by the two of them, as far as the comics are concerned anyway. So assuming that the current Supergirl in the comics does recall this, as many DC characters are recalling their previous incarnations past as memory-- this will prove to be an exceptionally valuable asset.

HOWEVER...

She has recently developed a new ability when her powers were supercharged out of her control, and she was taken under the wing of I-Ching. You know, the same I-Ching who trained Wonder Woman when she lost her powers back in the 70's? To get even better control of her powers, Supergirl has had to learn the art of Chi Manpulation. She learned the art of Bagua, the same kind of ability which Kenan Kong uses after having been infused with Superman's Chi. So Kara has better control over her powers than she ever did before because of it, which in my opinion makes her that much more formidable.

Imagine... a Ki infused punch from a Kryptonian, further bolstering their already insane strength. Or their speed. Or their other abilities for that matter. Add on top of Amazonian training with that... Black Bolt's in trouble.

On 12/18/2021 at 1:15 PM, Fox said:

A whisper can take down Gladiator who is roughly equal to a Kryptonian.  Given Kara's super hearing, could be worse for her if she gets Black Bolt shouting at her.

Actually, the real power of Black Bolt's scream doesn't come from sound. It comes from harnessing energy from electrons.