Slot: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain
Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about David Xanatos at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Disney Villains: Turn Belle against the Beast

An argument that I could make for Scar is if he plays a victim,and gathers other animals to be "victims" of the beast. Whether that is abuse or through some other form of violence from the Beast. He trick Belle into thinking he and other animals being targeted by the Beast, and scare her away from him.

So far I am leaning towards Scar. David just seems to be the type she would immediately distrust and/or dislike, whereas Scar seems to have enough qualities for her to want to at least trust him initially (heck she fell for Beast so who knows what could happen). 

11 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

So far I am leaning towards Scar. David just seems to be the type she would immediately distrust and/or dislike, whereas Scar seems to have enough qualities for her to want to at least trust him initially (heck she fell for Beast so who knows what could happen). 

I have to disagree with you on that one. You do know who David Xanatos is right? He’s one of the most conniving, manipulative, and charismatic villains in fictional history! Like episode 1 he had Goliath and his whole clan convinced that he was their only friend and had them carrying out his dirty work for him! It literally took Elisa Maza, a seasoned detective, to figure out and reveal to the gargoyles that Xanatos had been playing them for fools the whole time. I should also mentioned that he convinced Demona, a gargoyle who hated and feared humans for almost her entire life, to work for him! If he can convince her to trust him then I fail to see why Belle wouldn’t be similarly fooled. 

The only reason anybody tolerated Scar in the OG Lion King movie was because he was the King’s brother and even then most of the cast (kid Simba not withstanding) didn’t like or trust him at all, not even Mufasa his own brother. Their very first on screen interaction established that Mufasa was suspicious of Scar, who did absolutely nothing to hide that he resented his nephew for taking his spot in the line of succession. Like if even his own brother knew something was up with him from the get-go then I would think someone as self-aware as Belle would catch on real quick about Scar’s true nature.

4 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

I have to disagree with you on that one. You do know who David Xanatos is right? He’s one of the most conniving, manipulative, and charismatic villains in fictional history! Like episode 1 he had Goliath and his whole clan convinced that he was their only friend and had them carrying out his dirty work for him! It literally took Elisa Maza, a seasoned detective, to figure out and reveal to the gargoyles that Xanatos had been playing them for fools the whole time. I should also mentioned that he convinced Demona, a gargoyle who hated and feared humans for almost her entire life, to work for him! If he can convince her to trust him then I fail to see why Belle wouldn’t be similarly fooled. 

The only reason anybody tolerated Scar in the OG Lion King movie was because he was the King’s brother and even then most of the cast (kid Simba not withstanding) didn’t like or trust him at all, not even Mufasa his own brother. Their very first on screen interaction established that Mufasa was suspicious of Scar, who did absolutely nothing to hide that he resented his nephew for taking his spot in the line of succession. Like if even his own brother knew something was up with him from the get-go then I would think someone as self-aware as Belle would catch on real quick about Scar’s true nature.

Yes I do. And manipulating the, reasonably innocent, clan was one thing; convincing Belle is another. 

Despite Scar manipulating situations as he did in Lion King, and convincing the hyenas, I agree that overall David has a stronger presence and better manipulating skills - my only query really is if the scenario heavily favours Scar, enough for this to sway the other way. 

I've not actually voted either way yet - so will wait to see.

Xanatos has manipulated gargoyle, human, and Oberon's child alike to his elaborate whims. There's a reason he has a couple of tropes named after him. 

Belle may be a fairly easy target by comparison.