Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

12:1 - Supergirl vs. Superman

UMPIRE

SEASON 12, ROUND 1

Supergirl

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Supergirl at this Wiki
Official Site: DC Comics

Superman

Slot: The Team's Big Gun
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Superman at this Wiki
Official Site: Detective Comics

Battle Terrain
Combat Terrain: Pandora Daytime

34 minutes ago, Fox said:

Superman and Supergirl have never actually faced off against each other in the CBUB before.  At least not in a rated match. Well played Umpire.

Screenrant says Supergirl

CBR says Superman

I'm conflicted about it, but I believe Supergirl is more prone to be ruthless and take advantage of Clark's kinder nature.

A level head in battle will actually benefit Superman. When Kara gets angry she tends to make mistakes. In a battle of near peers it's going to be those sorts of small mistakes that the more experienced and tactical Superman can exploit.

As far as I know, as far as base level strength goes... Supergirl is stronger than Superman, primarily because Superman has spent years in setting up power blocks to limit himself. Kara Zor-El hasn't. Also, as far as I can recall... Supergirl has been imbued by her father Jor-El with Sun crystals which further boost her power.

And yet... Kal-El is someone who has spent years in limiting himself but then he trained under Mogul to develop his power even further.

This is definitely a toss up... But I'm gonna go with my girl Kara here.

14 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

As far as I know, as far as base level strength goes... Supergirl is stronger than Superman, primarily because Superman has spent years in setting up power blocks to limit himself. Kara Zor-El hasn't. Also, as far as I can recall... Supergirl has been imbued by her father Jor-El with Sun crystals which further boost her power.

And yet... Kal-El is someone who has spent years in limiting himself but then he trained under Mogul to develop his power even further.

This is definitely a toss up... But I'm gonna go with my girl Kara.

I think the idea is that Kara might have theoretical higher power limit, but she has never pushed her self to it.

And she needs more training/experience to do so. Clark on the other hand is well versed and experienced with his powers and how to use them. This includes being able to work around whatever limits and safeguards may put in place.

Again for all the grief Clark gets for being an over powered bruiser, he tends to fight smart. Kara doesn't.

Here are some other interpretations of Superman vs Supergirl!

Hmm... I wonder if Superman wearing his trunks on the outside of his costume would make him liable to a wedgie.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Here are some other interpretations of Superman vs Supergirl!

Hmm... I wonder if Superman wearing his trunks on the outside of his costume would make him liable to a wedgie.

None of these fights are canon to the versions of the characters we're talking about. As far as I know, when the Earth-based DC heroes need a big gun, they call in Superman. We can go over feats, interpretations, etc. all day long, but at the end of the day, Superman seems to have more W's over bigger threats than Supergirl

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

None of these fights are canon to the versions of the characters we're talking about.

Blah blah blah... Just posting these for fun and laughs!

At least the animated ones anyway!

Also something a serious note, and this is in more relation to the comics but I just remembered this. Supergirl has something which Superman doesn't have...

Amazonian training.

In the Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner Batman/Superman: Supergirl comic, and it's adaptation-- Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, Wonder Woman and her Amazons take Supergirl by force and offer a chance to train with her so she could better learn to use her powers. It's likely that this training had gone on for a few weeks. Already, we see that Kara has learned to fight with a sword against Artemis. How thorough her training is, we don't really get to see but it's something to consider though I do wish that DC had not dropped this idea.

supergirl-vs-artemis.jpg

It's a stretch but... as far as I know of current DC Canon, ALL previous incarnations of the characters, from Golden Age, Silver Age, and Modern are ALL canon with one another as every character remembers their previous exploits from their past incarnations. What I'm saying is that... Post-Crisis Supergirl's training likely transitions over to current Supergirl.

If Supergirl can recall her Amazonian training, that might be something to catch Superman off guard.

41 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Also something a serious note, and this is in more relation to the comics but I just remembered this. Supergirl has something which Superman doesn't have...

Amazonian training.

In the Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner Batman/Superman: Supergirl comic, and it's adaptation-- Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, Wonder Woman and her Amazons take Supergirl by force and offer a chance to train with her so she could better learn to use her powers. It's likely that this training had gone on for a few weeks. Already, we see that Kara has learned to fight with a sword against Artemis. How thorough her training is, we don't really get to see but it's something to consider though I do wish that DC had not dropped this idea.

supergirl-vs-artemis.jpg

It's a stretch but... as far as I know of current DC Canon, ALL previous incarnations of the characters, from Golden Age, Silver Age, and Modern are ALL canon with one another as every character remembers their previous exploits from their past incarnations. What I'm saying is that... Post-Crisis Supergirl's training likely transitions over to current Supergirl.

If Supergirl can recall her Amazonian training, that might be something to catch Superman off guard.

Superman is trained in Kryptonian martial arts 

main-qimg-1da709d9a2152b5907ba6367c76c70

And has trained with Wonder Woman 

main-qimg-2a712a707e2094b62079ff0833fb12

So is going to be familiar with Amazonian fighting styles as well.

I see a lot of talk about different versions, pre-flashpoint, new 52, a few TV versions, movies/cartoons. If doing that, you might as well toss in Supergirl when she was a Red Lantern, in which case she would win pretty handily so...probably best to stick with one version. Still, I'm leaning towards her generally. 

When DC turns to someone to save the day, they look to the original. I give it to Kal. He's more creative than Kara. He's defeated physically superior opponents like Zod and Ultraman before by outhinking, and in the case of Ultraman outfighting him.

20 hours ago, C.T. said:

I see a lot of talk about different versions, pre-flashpoint, new 52, a few TV versions, movies/cartoons. If doing that, you might as well toss in Supergirl when she was a Red Lantern, in which case she would win pretty handily so...probably best to stick with one version. Still, I'm leaning towards her generally. 

When Rakai brought up New 52 etc. It was to point out that in the current time line all the past ones are remembered. So the experience gained in them could still be applicable.

The cartoons etc was just a bit of fun. Though for what it's worth for a lot of people, even people into comics. Who these characters are and what they can do is something of an amalgamation of different versions simply because keeping track of DCs ever changing iterations is nigh impossible, unless comics is your full time job and even then some times the comic writers themselves screw it up.

Also not that it really matters, but I'm pretty sure Red Lantern Kara would break the tier limit, but if we ignore that. Then we could just have pre-Crises Superman wreck the entire modern Red Lantern Corps.

22 minutes ago, RiotGear said:

When Rakai brought up New 52 etc. It was to point out that in the current time line all the past ones are remembered. So the experience gained in them could still be applicable.

Yeah, because it seemed like since Rebirth, DC was alluding to a Final Crisis and was I was reading Batman/The Flash: The Smile, it alluded to the previous history of the DC Universe from the golden age was still indeed very much canon as Batman and the Flash saw glimpses of how the JLA was formed, but they commented was that they didn't remember it happening as it did in the Golden Age.  So, Golden Age material likely was still in-canon but the characters didn't remember. Now with the events of Final Crisis or whatever you want to call it, and he characters remembering EVERYTHING... and I mean... EVERYTHING-- experience could definitely be applicable.