Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 16499 Lucky Glauber vs. El Blaze

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXX

helenazackfrance.jpg.21ddf76c48a538c96ff06c3239833fca.jpg

Aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise liner, chaos reigned as co-workers, potential allies, and friends all fought against each other throughout the ship, orchestrated by the influence of Soul Edge.

Helena Douglas fought against several malfested DOATEC security members with a series of pigua quan strikes and kicks, but was running the risk of being taken down just by being grossly outnumbered. 

“Hiyah!”

With a thunderous Muay Thai kick, Helena’s trusted right hand man, Zack, entered the fray.

“Sorry boss lady, I was hanging out with Tina. Didn’t know all hell was going to break loose.” (REF: ARMOR KING VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD)

Helena smiled. “The important thing is that you are here now.”

Zack shimmied as he punched another DOATEC security guard. “You know I’ve got your back. But, we.. uh... need to find a way out of here.”

“And go where?” countered Helena. “We need to discover what is affecting all these people and making them so violent. I have my suspicions that it is tied to Soul Edge.”

More pairs of glowing orange eyes appeared near Zack and Helena and they continued to fight off the assault.

“It’s like they are never ending,” Zack remarked. “Now I feel bad for leaving Tina. I hope they haven’t gone after her as well.”

“I believe their targets are whoever they see in front of them.” Helena slammed down an infected security guard with her patented palm strikes. “And right now we are in their sights.”

Suddenly, another one of the malfested was knocked into the air in front of Helena and Zack. Kokoro appeared behind him.

“Need some help?” she asked

“Kokoro! I am so glad to see you,” stated Helena.

“Every single one of these men have the same look that Aoi had,” Kokoro noted. (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI)  “I am relieved to see that neither one of you were affected.”

“Yes, curious. What is it that brought about this madness?” Helena inquired.

“Maybe it was something they ate,” guessed Zack. “I told you not to trust that masked man’s food.”

Helena gasped with realization. “Zack, I think you may be right. I never got a chance to eat and Kokoro never came to the feast after her confrontation with Ganryu.  (REF: KOKORO VS. GANRYU) If you were spending your time with Tina then….”

Zack held his hand up in triumph. “It is the food!”

“Quickly, we must get to the kitchen and find El Fuerte,” Helena declared.

The three fighters fought their way through to the dining hall and then to the kitchen where they found the door barricaded. 

“Open this door at once,” Helena commanded.

There was no response.

Helena and Kokoro kicked the door simultaneously and smashed it open. They found the sous chefs cowering in the corner.

“Please don’t hurt us!”

“What is going on? Why did you barricade the door?” asked Helena.

“To protect ourselves. It is too dangerous out there. We aren’t trained fighters.”

“You don’t know how this started?” questioned Kokoro.

All the sous chefs shook their heads no.

Helena looked around and noticed an important person was missing. “Where is El Fuerte?” 

“He left right after the banquet started. Said he was going to go check on Lucky and offer him some of the food.”  (REF: EL FUERTE VS. EL BLAZE)

“Hmm, sounds pretty suspicious if you ask me,” declared Zack.

Helena agreed. “It would be quite the coincidence. We must find him, and discover what he knows about what has transpired.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

elblaze.jpg.d4b6a79d3355eec66db6aad3bad4d308.jpg

Elsewhere on the Freedom Survivor, El Blaze was starting to gain the upper hand in his impromptu lucha libre fight with El Fuerte outside the holding cells. El Blaze wrapped his legs around El Fuerte’s head, twisted around his opponent and flung him with a super hurricanrana. He then rolled toward El Fuerte and uppercutted him as he returned to his feet. El Blaze followed this by running to the wall and launching himself off of it. He landed a cross body press on El Fuerte and then started to punch the fighting chef.

“Tell me! Tell me why you have done this!” El Blaze demanded.

A mix of shame and the fact that he was losing consciousness kept El Fuerte quiet. El Blaze continued to pound on his head until he felt himself being lifted from behind and thrown off of El Fuerte. 

“Get off of him, jerk!”

7'3 basketball player and karate fighter, Lucky Glauber, checked on El Fuerte. “Hey buddy, are you alright?”

“Stay out of this, you don’t know what you’re doing,” warned El Blaze.

“I’m saving this guy from you, obviously,” Lucky responded. He looked down with sympathy at El Fuerte. “A little while ago one of the nurses told me that one of Helena’s chefs told her that he was coming over to bring me some of the food from the feast. It was such a nice gesture. He didn’t need to do that. I was about to leave the medical ward anyway, it was just a few cuts and scrapes. Happens all the time when you are as tall as I am. I was going to go meet him, but then I decided to come here first. I wanted to talk to the girl that sneak attacked me and find out what her deal is.  (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH) And then when I got here I….”

“Callate idiota!” screamed El Blaze. “What are you yammering on about? El Fuerte is the reason for all the chaos going on in this ship.”

“I haven’t seen any chaos since I left the medical ward,” Lucky responded. “The only thing I see is someone attacking one of the heroes brought on here to help save the world. Someone, I might add, that I have never seen before.”

El Blaze smacked his forehead with his palm. “I have been here the whole time. Just because I am not dressed in my usual gear doesn’t mean I’m not a fighter. I just happen to already be working security for Miss Douglas before any of this started.”

“A likely story. My guess is you're a mole sent here to stir up trouble,” accused Lucky.

El Blaze was infuriated. “Listen here, basketball player! Why don’t you go take your ball and go dribble or something. Leave the serious stuff to the real fighters.”

Lucky was deeply offended. “Oh, I am plenty real, short stack. I am a karate champion. You can just ask Zack if you don’t believe me. (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK) I kicked his butt (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. LAU CHAN) and I am about to kick yours.”

“What is happening here?” El Blaze wondered incredulously.

“You are about to get a beat down,” answered Lucky. “Go ahead and try that flippy dippy shit on me, you’re going to end up with my size 22 shoe smashed through your face.”

Two fighters who on the surface have nothing in common, but who both come from some of the least respected groups in fighting games. El Blaze from the mid tier Virtua Fighter group and Lucky from the '94 American Sports Team in KOF.  Yet, both have already notched a victory in this story. Which one will continue their improbable run in this arc? 

Another good set-up, Johnny. El Fuerte's guilt maybe being a factor in his loss actually makes sense in this story. El Blaze being the better striker, however, also likely had something to do with it.

As for this match, I'm not so familiar with KoF games, so I had to look Lucky up. While he's quicker than his frame would suggest and has some potentially powerful moves, I'm not really that impressed with him overall. In the end, I think El Blaze wins this fight, too, though the likelihood that he's less than 100 % after fighting El Fuerte may make this one pretty close.

I can see El Fuerte escaping El Blaze's sight in the chaos, but between going through a tough fight, Helena and others looking for him, and the various Soul Edge-infected folks possibly confronting him, Fuerte probably won't get too far.

• Like 1

I gotta go with El Blaze here.

Lucky Glauber is just a basketball player who just happens to know what I assume is Traditional Karate, and sometimes uses his basketball as a weapon. I mean, that's really not a lot to go off on and he's also kind of a joke character as well, even to SNK, where the running gag is that him and the rest of the Sports Team often get their invitations stolen from other characters after having been beaten up.

2 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

El Fuerte wins this. Sorry Lucky, but your luck has just ran out.

Heh, you mean El Blaze, man. El Fuerte's on the run after the beating Blaze gave him from their last match.

Great match and writing.

El Blaze is my favorite here, but I don't think he gets the win. El Blaze isn't at his best and even though Lucky isn't the better fighter, he's stronger physically. Might give him the edge.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
5.00 - patrickthekid
5.00 - SSJRuss
4.60 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
3 Total Votes cast
14.60 Total Combined Score
14.60 / 3 = 4.87 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Lucky Glauber: 1
El Blaze: 5