Rumble 20533 Demoman vs. Ogra
MATCH SCORE
Demoman: 0
Ogra: 3

Rumble 20532 Shark Boy and Lava Girl vs. Freddy Krueger
MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 16393 Zangief vs. Maxima (King Of Fighters)

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXVI

zangiefandmika.jpg.769287489feff441173104472784fe82.jpg

Following his victory over ex-con and tournament fighter, Chang Koehan, (REF: ZANGIEF VS. CHANG KOEHAN) Zangief returned to his training. During a workout in his favorite gym in Russia, he was interrupted suddenly by a frantic woman.

“What is wrong, Yelena?” he asked.

“We just got a call from one of Rainbow Mika’s trainers.”

Zangief chuckled. “Was he calling to make an excuse for Mika missing our monthly training session.”

Yelena shook her head sadly. “No, that’s not it. Mika and another female wrestler were recently admitted into a local hospital in Japan. They’re in bad shape.”  (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG)

“What?!?”

“They were found beaten and battered in the office building of a robotics company,” Yelena explained. 

“Who hurt Mika?”

“Authorities currently don’t have any concrete suspects. The most they have to go on is the limited camera footage of an individual with white hair wearing black leather,” Yelena informed.  (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA)

Zangief was infuriated and shouted angrily as he flipped over a weight bench.

“Do you want to make some travel preparations to go see her?” Yelena inquired.

.”I want to destroy the person who did this to her!"

“The vague description isn’t much to go on."

“How many people do you know who have white hair and wear black leather?” asked Zangief.

“Hmmmm….none personally,” Yelena admitted.

“Exactly, the culprit should not too hard to track down. I will make this horrible person regret what they did to Mika, when I crush them with my bare hands,” stated Zangief.

“Where will you start?” Yelena inquired.

“A good question.”

Excitement filled Yelena’s voice as an idea came to her. “What about that rich Japanese girl? What was her name….Karin Kanzuki? She is an official sponsor for Mika and you told me she keeps tabs on all sorts of fighters. Whoever took down Mika has to be a highly trained individual so it is possible Karin may know who it is,”

“That is a wonderful idea. I will contact her immediately.”

When Zangief diaked up Karin, the wealthy owner of the Kanzuki Zaibatsu already knew the reason.

“This about Mika isn’t it?”

“Da! How did you know?”

“Her trainer must have called you right after they called me. I’m on the way to the hospital right now,” answered Karin. "Mika told me she was traveling with a wrestler named Jaycee. I just assumed they were going to wrestling shows. I have no idea why they would be at a robotics company. Especially so soon after the CEO had been murdered." (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN)

“Do you have any idea who is responsible, who this white haired mystery person is?”

“The only information I have is the same as they told you. Although now that you mention it…” Karin was silent for a moment. “Yes, there it is. There was a recent post on social media about Ken getting in a fight in a bar in a small coastal town in Carolina.  The poster couldn’t identify who Ken was fighting, but he did note that the guy was very skilled, wore black leather clothes, and had white hair.”  (REF: K' VS. KEN MASTERS

“It must be the same guy,” Zangief exclaimed.

“We don’t know that for sure, although it would be highly coincidental if two different mystery fighters with the same description attacked both Ken and Mika. I wouldn’t put it past Bison to hire some hitman to take out all of the World Warrior fighters.”

“I must travel there and confront him immediately. Bah, I don’t know if I can make it there before he leaves to try and strike again.” 

Zangief heard Karin’s ever present laugh come through the phone. “Don’t worry about it darling. I can have one of my company jets pick you up and take you there in no time. Just do me a favor. If you do find the one that hurt Mika give him a few rounds for me, okay?”

“Da!”

“Also drop me a line if you run into Ken,” Karin requested.  “I haven’t been keeping tabs on anyone because I have  been too busy sulking lately after I lost a fight to a spoiled brat from Monaco.  (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI) Usually it is the fight that excites me not wins or losses, but I really wanted to beat her. Anyway, I feel like I am out of the loop especially if something big is going down.”

“I will do that,” Zangief promised.

“Excellent.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kandmaxima2.jpg.08f01b327a4a7b34633530341c92ec19.jpg

After a seemingly never ending search, the cyborg, Maxima, finally found his partner, K’, ruminating in a boathouse in Carolina.

“Hey, how did you find me?” wondered K’.

“I am connected to the internet, there was a highly viral social media post about a man fighting United States martial arts champion, Ken Masters, in this town. The man matched your description. Once I arrived here it wasn’t hard at all, you stand out amongst the locals,” explained Maxima.

K’ scoffed. “What a bother.”

Maxima’s tone turned serious. “Listen here partner, I don’t know what kind of funk you are in right now, but do you have any idea how long we have been trying to contact you? You just disappeared without a word and then there was some psychotic cyborg destroying your apartment.  (REF: MAXIMA VS. BRYAN FURY)  I thought something horrible may have happened to you. And now Kula is in Mexico with the Ikari Warriors dealing with a bunch of unknown variables..”

K’ interrupted him. “This is exactly why I disappeared. I am tired of being connected to Kyo and people of that orbit. I want something different for my life. Some dumb organization called MIST wanted to recruit me to help with their cloning project, and that was the last straw. They weren't taking no for an answer. I no longer want to be involved with people or events that see me simply as a clone of Kyo Kusanagi. So I left and ignored all of you.”

“Partner, I have never seen you as just a clone,” insisted Maxima.

“It doesn’t matter. You are constantly involved with fighters from the King of Fighters tournament so it is always lingering in the air. I was doing a great job ignoring it and leaving it behind until recently.” stated K’.

“If you don’t want to compete in the King of Fighters anymore, I will support you,” insisted Maxima. “Whatever you want to do, I’ve got your back. But first I think we should go after Kula. I lost contact with her and my concern levels are growing.” (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA)

K’ rolled his eyes. “Fine. This one last time.”

Before K’ could rise to his feet, Maxima stopped him.

“My body scans detect some malnutrition and overall lack of food in your system,” stated Maxima. “Are you eating well?”

“Sometimes.”

“Just stay here for a moment, I will go to the marina  shop, buy some food, and prepare it for you,”  announced Maxima.

K’ scoffed. “Whatever you want to do.”

Maxima’s left the boathouse, When he reached the marina store, there was a large, burly Russian inside interrogating the front clerk.

“I was told the white haired man was seen coming here. Where is he?” Zangief demanded.

“What business do you have with him?” Maxima inquired.

Zangief spun around to face the cyborg. “He has been fighting my friends. And he hurt someone I care very deeply about. He must answer for his crimes!”

“I apologize on his behalf for any pain he may have caused you. But, you must lower your anger levels before I would even consider letting you see him,” said Maxima.

“I was not asking for permission!”

Zangief attempted to brush past Maxima, but Maxima placed one of his hands on Zangief’s chest.

“I can’t let you do that.”

“Then you will face the full force of the Red Cyclone, machine man!”

This is going to be an extremely tough fight... Oof!

Zangief is the personification of muscle strength and development, and he's developed his body to be essentially superhuman through his training regimen to the point where he's effectively been able to block sharp katana's by squeezing his pecks and catching the blade with little to no ill effect. Zangief is definitely somewhere in the superhuman range, likely mid-tier if we are being generous based on his showings.

But Maxima is a cyborg powerhouse with built in weapons and he's got a lot of raw power...

I'm... gonna have to think about this one.

Good set-up, Johnny. Wow, you went back some years to follow up on your R. Mika match. 

As for the match, I'm torn ATM. After looking up Maxima, toughness is probably even between him and Zangief. While Maxima has his cyborg weaponry and seems to be a better striker, 'Gief is surely the better grappler. I would say they'd stop fighting after realizing the misunderstanding, but 'Gief was never the brightest bulb.

Gotta think on this one.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.70 - DSkillz
4.20 - Pizzaguy2995

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
8.90 Total Combined Score
8.90 / 2 = 4.45 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Zangief: 4
Maxima (King Of Fighters): 0