Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

9:1 - Black Cat vs. Adrian Monk

SEASON 9, ROUND 1

Black Cat

Slot: The Team's Master Criminal
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Black Cat at this Wiki
Official Site: Marvel Comics

Adrian Monk

Slot: The Team's Master Detective
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Adrian Monk at this Wiki
Official Site: USA Network

Battle Terrain
Detective Challenge: Stockholm Syndrome

4 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This scenario doesn't seem like it's in Black Cat's area of expertise at all to be honest. She's more of a cat burglar than a kidnap and brainwash type, at least to my memory.

There are going to be challenges that don't exactly match the Criminal Mastermind's MO.

That said, I could see a story line where Black Cat grabs an heiress as part of a larger burglary goal and the Heiress ends up Stockholming on her as a (likely comedic) plot point.

All that said, I don't know that this scenario favors Adrian given his own obsessive-compulsive disorder, multiple phobias and other psychological issues.  I think I like the Black Cat here.

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

There are going to be challenges that don't exactly match the Criminal Mastermind's MO.

That said, I could see a story line where Black Cat grabs an heiress as part of a larger burglary goal and the Heiress ends up Stockholming on her as a (likely comedic) plot point.

All that said, I don't know that this scenario favors Adrian given his own obsessive-compulsive disorder, multiple phobias and other psychological issues.  I think I like the Black Cat here.

Something you have to remember though is that there have been times Monk has been able to cast his phobias and compulsive disorders aside to not only try to live a normal life but also solve a case and rescue a victim such as when they had to catch a barefoot shooter or when in the first season he started having feelings for someone that maybe(?) reminded him of his late wife. 

Speaking of wife, because of his former love life, it's possible he could also snap the girl out of her stupor hearing she fallen for him when it's just brainwashing by comparing his own experiences of being married himself as well as feeling the pain of losing Trudy after the car bomb.

54 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This scenario doesn't seem like it's in Black Cat's area of expertise at all to be honest. She's more of a cat burglar than a kidnap and brainwash type, at least to my memory.

To be fair in the comics, when Wilson Fisk fell out of power for a while, Black Cat took over his turf as the Queenpin.

Also, Black Cat kidnapping someone and him falling in love with her (or maybe just being infatuated with them due to her being both attractive and seductive) seems doable, even if not part of her MO. That being said, I don't truly know if Monk can do it or not. I'm going to go with he can after a lot of back and forth between him and the guy kidnapped, who believes Black Cat is not just using him.

Glad to see that my characters already got some people backing her. As a reminder, the scenario seems to indicate that Felicia has already kidnapped the heiress and that now all she has to do is successfully hide from Monk and Felicia has ghosted and evaded plenty of intelligent and resourceful men over the years such as Spidey, Kingpin, and Doc Ock.

Big question is if Monk can get the hostage away from Black Cat. And the answer is plainly no. Monk is not a capable combatant, Black Cat should have no issue dispatching of him if he tries to come anywhere near her hostage.