Season Wins: 1
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Mad Max at this Wiki
Official Site: Warner Bros. Studio

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: The Crawl Scenario

A good match!  Very even in my opinion.

This puts contenders in an aquatic situation where they are out of their element, against perfectly evolved predators that are in their element.

I'll go with Max here. His quick thinking and ability to improvise has saved him from certain death many times in the post apocalyptic world.  Bonus: won combat in the Thunderdome! ...dome! ... dome! ...dome!

Hah! Harrigan just can't get out of that crawl space, huh? :D 

Come to think of it, Predator 2's Los Angeles isn't much less of a dystopia than Mad Max's Australia. The experience with harsh conditions is similar with Harrigan and Max, but as mentioned, Mike has dealt with a Predator, so that just may give him a slight edge here.

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Mad Max also comes armed with guns that would do better against alligators when face to face, compared to a revolver that Mike Harrigan has. Could a revolver even get through the hide of an alligator?

Are we to assume that they have their standard load out? I thought they would have what the scenario presents. In any case, I can't find a solid answer on if a revolver could kill an alligator

Gonna hand this one to Harrigan. I mean the dude has fought an adolescent Yautja (Yes, this was confirmed of the Yautja's age in Hunting Grounds' briefing tapes and long ago by the Thomas Brothers) which is still nothing to laugh at, considering that Harrigan followed and even fought said adolescent Yautja in melee combat, and won mostly by playing possum. Alligators shouldn't be a problem.

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

Gonna hand this one to Harrigan. I mean the dude has fought an adolescent Yautja (Yes, this was confirmed of the Yautja's age in Hunting Grounds' briefing tapes and long ago by the Thomas Brothers) which is still nothing to laugh at, considering that Harrigan followed and even fought said adolescent Yautja in melee combat, and won mostly by playing possum. Alligators shouldn't be a problem.

Alligators would eat him if he were to play possum.

12 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Alligators would eat him if he were to play possum.

It's obvious that he wouldn't be playing possum with the alligators.

53 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

It's obvious that he wouldn't be playing possum with the alligators.

Then how exactly does he win against alligators? I don't think his specific set of skills and experience is capable of dealing with alligators, seeing as he beat something that was a lot more human in nature.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Then how exactly does he win against alligators? I don't think his specific set of skills and experience is capable of dealing with alligators, seeing as he beat something that was a lot more human in nature.

The Yautja are hardly at all human in nature.

Their skin is roughly similar to an Alligator's, perhaps even tougher as in the expanded universe material, their skin has been shown to stop small caliber rounds and the shrug them off. It took a Harrigan utilizing a shotgun to knock one down and even penetrate it's skin. And we all know that the Hunter in question got up without too much of an issue and continued fighting.

Assuming Harrigan has his standard equipment, which is a .375 Magnum with targeting laser, I would say he might have a decent shot. Also, if he has the shotgun, even more power to him.

Also, someone asked if a bullet can go through Alligator skin... Well, this was found.

http://www.alligatorleather.net/is-alligator-leather-bullet-proof/

Short answer to Gator hide being bullet proof? No, it's not.

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

The Yautja are hardly at all human in nature.

Their skin is roughly similar to an Alligator's, perhaps even tougher as in the expanded universe material, their skin has been shown to stop small caliber rounds and the shrug them off. It took a Harrigan utilizing a shotgun to knock one down and even penetrate it's skin. And we all know that the Hunter in question got up without too much of an issue and continued fighting.

Assuming Harrigan has his standard equipment, which is a .375 Magnum with targeting laser, I would say he might have a decent shot. Also, if he has the shotgun, even more power to him.

Also, someone asked if a bullet can go through Alligator skin... Well, this was found.

http://www.alligatorleather.net/is-alligator-leather-bullet-proof/

Short answer to Gator hide being bullet proof? No, it's not.

I meant human in nature when it comes to mentality, cause I was still on the topic of playing dead for whatever reason. Now that I know an alligator hide can be penetrated by magnum's, I feel safer in voting for Mike Harrigan cause I was under the impression he couldn't so I was trying to see if he could make it through an intelligence perspective.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

I meant human in nature when it comes to mentality, cause I was still on the topic of playing dead for whatever reason. Now that I know an alligator hide can be penetrated by magnum's, I feel safer in voting for Mike Harrigan cause I was under the impression he couldn't so I was trying to see if he could make it through an intelligence perspective.

No, I was never saying that playing possum would help him. Never at all. All I was doing was merely explaining how he had beaten the adolescent Yautja through such a tactic, but he obviously would never really use such a tactic on something like an alligator. That's just plain silly.

Assuming he does have the following weapons such as the .375 Magnum with the Laser Sighting, and the M1 Super 90 Shotgun which he used against Ghost Predator aka City Hunter-- then I would say he absolutely has the right kind of equipment here to survive the gators.

Kinda similar to my position in the Michonne vs Tommy Jarvis match. While technically Mike has the better feat in killing a Yautja, he’s only done that once, while Mad Max has performed much more various and quick thinking feats throughout his film series. Once again I must side with quantity over quality and vote Max.

13 minutes ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Kinda similar to my position in the Michonne vs Tommy Jarvis match. While technically Mike has the better feat in killing a Yautja, he’s only done that once, while Mad Max has performed much more various and quick thinking feats throughout his film series. Once again I must side with quantity over quality and vote Max.

Actually, he's done it twice... In the Anthology book Predator: If It Bleeds, he hunts another Yautja in Rio De Janeiro.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Actually, he's done it twice... In the Anthology book Predator: If It Bleeds, he hunts another Yautja in Rio De Janeiro.

No kidding? Well if we’re counting comic books Max still has experience and survivable on his side, also again the dude is an Aussie, their ain’t no Gator in Florida that come close to the Salties Max had seen in Australia.

1 hour ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

... while Mad Max has performed much more various and quick thinking feats throughout his film series.

We may have seen more feats from Max due to the simple fact that he's had several films compared to Harrigans' one. Considering that L.A. in Predator 2 was a virtual hell itself, though, it's pretty likely that Harrigan's been through plenty of harrowing adventures himself before his run-in with the Jungle Predator, if the shoot-out at the beginning of Predator 2 and the fact that subway trains are regularly filled with armed passengers of all ages in the film are anything to go by. 

8 hours ago, DSkillz said:

We may have seen more feats from Max due to the simple fact that he's had several films compared to Harrigans' one. Considering that L.A. in Predator 2 was a virtual hell itself, though, it's pretty likely that Harrigan's been through plenty of harrowing adventures himself before his run-in with the Jungle Predator, if the shoot-out at the beginning of Predator 2 and the fact that subway trains are regularly filled with armed passengers of all ages in the film are anything to go by. 

Yeah, but Mike had the entire LAPD backing him up during most of those times and despite how rough and lawless LA was portrayed as it was still a functioning city with law and order, at the end of the day Mike still went home to a nice apartment with food, running water and air condition. Max literally was living the apocalypse 24/7 and had to constantly fight for food, water, and fuel every day. In scenario like Crawl, that’ll really put these guys out of their comfort zone, Maxy’s main advantage is that he’s always outside his comfort zone.

Max starts out as a police cop during the apocalypse, which is maybe the most insane job description I can think of having.

I don’t think people are giving Max his due in terms of adaptability and having a more diverse skill set. He cobbles together his vehicles to survive in a landscape where gas is the most valuable resource. He has more applicable skills towards, say, getting some kind of raft together to get out of this situation

28 minutes ago, Magnamax said:

Max starts out as a police cop during the apocalypse, which is maybe the most insane job description I can think of having.

I don’t think people are giving Max his due in terms of adaptability and having a more diverse skill set. He cobbles together his vehicles to survive in a landscape where gas is the most valuable resource. He has more applicable skills towards, say, getting some kind of raft together to get out of this situation

Agree. 

He takes 6 guys out relatively easily here, and has a few other feats (such as using every day objects as a weapon)  which just puts him slightly ahead in this match.