Slot: The Team's Survivor
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Pvt. Jeanette Vasquez at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Survival Challenge: Who survives the sinking of the Titanic

Earlier I would have said Vasquez, but someone last time made a very compelling argument that she probably wouldn't be allowed on lifeboats because of the racism of the time, which I think is probably very true. Would Dutch go down with the ship though?

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Earlier I would have said Vasquez, but someone last time made a very compelling argument that she probably wouldn't be allowed on lifeboats because of the racism of the time, which I think is probably very true. Would Dutch go down with the ship though?

Ain't no racist mofo's getting in Vasquez' way that will survive it.

jenette goldstein badass GIF

Yeah even if she isn't armed with her usual loadout, no panicking ship crew or other passengers are going to keep her from getting on a lifeboat when she wants to. Not that compelling in my opinion.

Speaking of the Titanic did anyone else know there was a stewardess that survived its sinking, as well as the sister ship Britannic in ww1? She was also on the third sister Olympia when it collided with another ship. 

Quite an incredible woman. Violet Jessup was her name, and she was an immigrant from Argentina. 

1 minute ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Speaking of the Titanic did anyone else know there was a stewardess that survived its sinking, as well as the sister ship Britannic in ww1? She was also on the third sister Olympia when it collided with another ship. 

Quite an incredible woman. Violet Jessup was her name, and she was an immigrant from Argentina. 

Quite an incredibly unlucky woman

Eh, even considering the era, I'm not sure how much energy the panicked crew and passengers would be willing to exert for bigotry in a life-or-death situation. 

As for the match-up? Still thinking on it. Both Dutch and Vasquez have about the constitution of a vending machine (let's see who gets that reference :) ).

So I've seen no real argument for why Vasquez does better than Dutch here. There are two possible scenarios in my mind, neither of which favors Vasquez:

1. They are in character. Neither seems like the type to throw innocent people to their deaths to save their own skin. The most famous thing Vasquez did was sacrifice herself so others could live if memory serves. In a freak accident like this, I don't know that either of them is charismatic enough to take charge of the situation, nor selfish enough to damn other people to death so they could survive. I don't think either does well here

2. They are trying to survive no matter what. In this case, I see no reason to assume she does better than Dutch here. He's bigger, probably stronger, and he actually survived his movie. She has no advantages at all that I can see.

I'm willing to talk this out of course but I just don't see what advantage she has

There's really not much going for Vasquez here. I don't see any applicable skills for her.

Dutch, post the predator movie, shows himself to be capable of using others for his own gains, like using soldiers as bait for hunting another Predator. That willingness to sacrifice others for his own interests is the best skill either of these characters bring to the table in this challenge.

I was the guy Peypey was talking about. Again I didn’t want to be the one to bring it up, but their are just some things that I read about that I can’t really unread. 

I’m not saying Vasquez couldn’t survive this, I was just saying that early 1900 century prejudice was a thing and that is will make it harder for her then Dutch.