MATCH SCORE
Shark Boy and Lava Girl: 4
Freddy Krueger: 3

Match 15658 Armor King vs. Wolf Hawkfield

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XCIII

Soul-Calibur-5-3-1.jpg.f6975d8dee489ba5be7ee2d5a8230e1e.jpg

In the empty gym where they both had to endure hard fought fights, Mila (REF: MILA VS. VANESSA LEWIS) bent over her wrestling hero, Bass Armstrong, as he slowly regained consciousness. (REF: ALEX VS. BASS ARMSTRONG)

“Welcome back big guy,” she said with a smile.

“Mila? Are you okay…. Is he…” Bass’s eyes darted over to Alex who stood silently a few feet away.  “He’s still here!”

Bass attempted to jump to his feet, but immediately grabbed his ribs in pain.

“Take it easy, man. Everything is ok. We talked it out. It was all a big misunderstanding,” Mila explained. 

“We are after the same person,” Alex added.

“We think that whoever took Sarah is the same one who infected Alex’s friend, Vanessa. The girl who attacked me,” said Mila.

“How do we find this son of a bitch?” Bass asked.

“That’s the part we’re stuck on,” Alex admitted.

A voice called out from the entrance of the gym. “I may be able to help with that.”

Everyone turned their attention to the doorway In the sunlit frame stood a young woman with short blonde hair dressed in medieval armor. ”

Bass massaged the back of his head. “Man I must have slammed my head harder than I thought. That girl looks like a knight or something.”

Alex looked over the woman with confusion. “She is dressed like a knight. Who are you?”

“My name is Cassandra Alexandra, former warrior of the Ottoman Empire, and forever an enemy to the evil sword, Soul Edge,” the blonde announced. She walked over to the sprawled out body of Vanessa Lewis. The long silver haired fighter was beginning to stir.

“How far gone is she?” Cassandra inquired.

“I have no idea. I have never seen anything like it before. I am not even sure what it is,” Mila replied. “DId you say part of the Ottoman Empire?”

“I did.” Cassandra looked over Vanessa’s face and moved it left to right. “This girl has become part of the malfested.”

“The what?” asked Bass.

“The malfested. She has been corrupted by the power of Soul Edge. In fact, there are tiny shards of the sword embedded inside of her at this very moment,” Cassandra revealed.

“That sounds like that thing Helena was afraid of,” noted Mila.

“Whoever this Helena is, she is right to be afraid of the Soul Edge sword. It brings with it only destruction and despair,” said Cassandra.

“Wait, this whole thing is about a sword? I don’t believe it.” Alex shook his head.  “That is the craziest thing I have ever heard.”

“Her eyes emitted an eerie orange glow, did they not? If you don’t believe me and you don’t believe your own eyes, you can ask that woman who I captured on the opposite side of this street. (REF: VICE VS. CASSANDRA ALEXANDRA) She is the one that is responsible for your friend’s condition. I don’t know how she came upon shards of Soul Edge, (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE) I also don’t believe she is the mastermind behind this whole ordeal. Unfortunately, she is not sharing any details on who actually is,” stated Cassandra.

Alex cracked his knuckles. “There are ways to get her to talk.”

“For some reason she strikes me as the kind of girl who would enjoy the torture,” Cassandra remarked.

“What about Sarah Bryant?” Mila questioned

“We could continue the interrogation across the street, but I;m not sure if we will get very far,” Cassandra admitted. She turned her attention back to Vanessa. “Your immediate concern should be this girl. If you want to have any hope of saving your friend here, you need to get those shards out of her.”

“How do we do that?” asked Alex.

“My sister, Sophitia, can help her. I can give you Sophitia’s location so that you can bring your friend to her,” stated Cassandra.

“If it will save her, I will take her there myself right away,” Alex declared.

Cassandra stepped closer to Alex. She pulled out her sword and aimed it in his direction. “I sense no evil or malice within you, so I am assuming your motives are pure. But know this, if you use this information to hurt or betray my sister I will make you regret it for the rest of your waking days..”

Alex was not frightened by Cassandra’s threat, yet he remained non confrontational because he understood the emotion behind it. “You don’t have to worry about me."

“Where will you go?” Mila wondered.

“I will resume my mission of searching out allies for my sister and me,” responded Cassandra. “Sophitia is determined to take on Soul Edge once it reemerges like she always does. She never asks for help, but I refuse to let her face it alone. I am traveling to find warriors named Hildegard Von Kronne and Ivy Valentine. They are both allies of ours from long ago and I believe I know where they are.” (REF: RAPHAEL SOREL VS. LARS ALEXANDERSSON)

Bass looked over to Mila. “You should go with her.”

“Huh?”

“Helena sent us here on a recruitment mission, but what she is really looking for is answers. Answers I believe this knight lady can help us find,” stated Bass. “I’d offer to go myself, but I don’t think I will be of much help.” He grabbed his side and grimaced in pain. “That boy really did a number on me.”

“Sorry about that,” said Alex.

“What I can do is bring that woman Cassandra captured back to Helena, see if maybe she has better luck crackin her shell.” Bass announced. He looked over to the greek warrior. “That is of course, if you would allow me to take your prisoner.”

“She is all yours,” replied Cassandra.

“Would you also allow me to accompany you on your mission. I am a really good fighter,” Mila boasted.

Cassandra smiled. “I welcome any ally to the cause.” She looked over Mila’s t-shirt and jeans. “Are you sure that you are properly dressed for battle?”

“I will be fine,” the red headed MMA fighter insisted.

Cassandra and Bass said their goodbyes.

“I’ll be sure to let you know of any information we can squeeze out of her,” Bass promised.

Mila nodded. “I’ll also call with any information I learn from Cassandra.”

“You take care of yourself, you hear?” 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6c329d01b37924bee22d4e8c9c2964f9.jpg.088a49fe5fed4e2bfdd921f1b023a581.jpg

Helena looked over the bodies of employees and tournament fighters as they entered into the dining area of the Freedom Survivor cruise liner. She wanted to make sure everyone was there to enjoy the cuisine that El Fuerte had put together.  (REF: LEI WULONG VS. GUILE)  Her assistant, Zack, stood by her side.

“Is that everyone?” asked Zack.

“I don’t see Tina. I know she has been a little depressed lately, I hope she is doing okay,” Helena remarked.

“Don’t worry, I’m on it boss lady,” Zack announced.

Zack left the dining area and made his way to the room where Tina Armstrong was staying. He knocked on her door.

“Hey baby girl, you in here?” he called out.

Tina opened the door and let him in. “Oh hi Zack, how are you?” she asked flatly as she sat back on her bed.

“I’ll be great, once you get yourself dolled up and head over to the feast with me,” Zack answered.

“I’m not going,” Tina insisted. “It’s a celebration right? And a look to the fights ahead. Well, I haven’t done anything recently worth celebrating and I don’t thnk I’d be of much use in the fights ahead.”

Zack was gobsmacked. “In all the years I have known you, you have never lacked confidence. You aren’t still tripping about losing to Wolf, are you?” (REF: TINA ARMSTRONG VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD)

“Yeah, but that ain’t the only thing,” said Tina. “I just got a call from big daddy. He is coming back to the ship with some important information for Helena. Which is great and all, but he also told me he got his ass kicked by some punk named Alex. You know Zack, I used to think me and my dad were pretty hot stuff. Maybe I was wrong.”

Zack remained incredulous. “I don’t understand where this defeatist attitude is coming from, baby girl. It’s not like you haven’t lost fights at the Dead or Alive tournaments before. It never got you down before."

“Yeah, I assumed all the strongest people in the world were in that tournament, so there was no shame in losing there. Now, it looks like that might not be the case,” stated Tina.

“Nah, I’m confident that is very much still the case. Seeing all these fighters from other tournaments has done nothing to change my mind. Wolf simply got a few lucky hits in, that’s all. It happens to all of us, even me. I’m sure if it was a two out of three falls match you would have whooped his butt,” Zack declared.

Tina giggled. “Thanks Zack. I really appreciate the pep talk. Hey, you want to watch some old wrestling shows with me?”

Zack looked back and forth between Tina and the door before making his decision. “Yeah, why not? I’m sure Miss Douglas won’t need my help over there and between you and me I am more than a little skeptical of that little luchador’s cooking skills.”

Tina smiled and patted on the corner of the bed next to her. “Well then park your keister right here mister, and I will show you some of the most amazing wrestling matches you’ve ever seen.”

Zack sat next to Tina and the pair watched wrestling for the next couple of hours. This lasted until they overheard loud shouting coming from outside Tina’s room.

“Sounds like someone is madder than a pack of wild dogs on a three legged cat,” Tina remarked.

“I’ll go check it out,” Zack offered.

A few hallways over, Armor King and Wolf Hawkfield were walking and talking after having finished the grand meal in the dining area prepared by El Fuerte. Armor King motioned with his hands a new hold he had tried out during his fight with T. Hawk at the G-Corporation facility. (REF: T. HAWK VS. ARMOR KING)

“That looks so cool. I’d really like to see it in action,” said Wolf. “In fact, to tell you the truth I have been itching for a fight since I got on this boat.  (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE)  I felt it a little bit before when I watched those two drunkards fight (REF: BRAD WONG VS. LEI WULONG), but it’s really bubbling up in me now. Those two bit pirates were nothing, I need a real challenge and I need it now.”

Armor King was confused.

“What do you say? Let’s throw down here and now and see who is superior,” Wolf suggested.

Armor King shook his head and argued that it was an inappropriate time. Just then, shouts from down the hall interrupted their conversation. They two muscular wrestlers raced down the hall to find DOATEC security officers fighting amongst themselves. Some of them had a strange orange glow in their eyes and they were savagely beating their fellow officers. Armor King and Wolf interceded. Armor King did his best to just subdue the attackers, but Wolf pounded them into the ground. Wolf let out his trademark howl as he continued to pummel anyone in front of him. Armor King reached over to pull Wolf off an already beaten security guard and Wolf snapped his head up in Armor King’s direction. Wolf’s eyes now had the same glow as the DOATEC security guards they had just put down.

“You want some of this?” He shouted. “Good. Cause I want a piece of you, and I’m not asking anymore. Get yourself ready!”

Armor King did not have time to process what was happening to Wolf Hawkfield before he was forced to defend himself.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:38 AM, Boratz said:

You have some of the most epic set up! Awesome stories

I honestly just don't know any of the characters but after reading your matches, I would definitely want to get into these games

Thanks, I appreciate it. I also know how you feel. There have been more than a few setups that I appreciated but could not get the full experience because of a lack of familiarity with the characters.  It happens.

I did forget to throw in some visual aides before.

WOLF HAWKFIELD

ARMOR KING

On 1/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, patrickthekid said:

I'm giving this one to Armor King. Tekken characters just seem to have a bigger kick to them than VIrtua Fighter ones.

22 hours ago, Pizza Guy said:

I’ve know next to nothing about the Virtua Fighter cast so I might be a little bias here. In my mind, Tekken and Street Fighter had the best combat systems of any fighting game so I’ll usually lean towards those fighters.

Yeah, I try not to be too dismissive of Virtua Fighter characters although they always appear to be more clunky in their movements to me. To be fair, I am no skilled fighting game expert despite my fondness for the genre.

Armor King wins this easy. One of my all-time favorite characters in Tekken and his combos are mad.

I really like the first part of the set-up. The character interact felt genuine and they seem to make a good team. I interested to see where that goes. The set-up for the fight isn't really for me, they just fight to fight. I know that happens in fighting games, but it's not my favorite.