MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 13745 Tina Armstrong vs. Wolf Hawkfield

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART II

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/07/zackhappy.jpg

While Helena Douglas did her best to draw competitors from the various fighting tournaments from

across the globe out in to the open, Zack and Kokoro took the company helicopter to pay a visit to some familiar faces. Zack sat in the pilot seat while Kokoro looked over the dossiers of all the fighters who had ever registered at the World Warrior Tournament or the King of the Iron Fist Tournament.

"I had no idea there were so many more strong fighters in the world. I guess it's true that everyone does live in their own bubble," she commented.

"I didn't think they looked that tough," said Zack.

"Are you joking? This man, Akuma, looks positively terrifying."

"I guess there might be a few in there that would last a couple of rounds in the Dead or Alive Tournament." Zack stopped a minute to look out to his left. "I do know one thing for sure though. None of those women can compare to any of the beauties we have in our tournament."

"I don't know about that. But speaking of our tournament, who are we going to see first? Hayate and Ayane?"

"I considered that. The ninjas always seem to have a good grasp on what's going on in the world. But, there is someone better to talk to first," answered Zack.

"Who?"

"Do you remember Rig from the last tournament?"

Kokoro frowned. "Yes, that horrible man that turned out to be Victor Donovan's son."

"That's the one. We found out later that before the tournament he worked construction with Bass Armstrong. I think they were even friends. The way I see it, if anyone knows what might be going on with Donovan it's his son, and if anyone can get us to Rig it's Bass."

"I see. So where are we headed?"

Zack looked to his left again. "We're here. Bass and Tina are here in Philadelphia. Tina has got some hot shot wrestling match tonight and her dad is here to support her."

"Who is she wrestling?" asked Kokoro.

"A guy named Wolf Hawkfield."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://c308991.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/SiteFiles/Venues/4040/70d2978d-a3b8-4e18-a684-06f1a4a43988.jpg

Bass knocked on Tina's dressing room door. "Are you sure you don't want to reconsider this, darling.

There is still time. I could take your place. I don't think anyone would mind."

"Why would I back out now?" Tina asked from inside.

"Because you are woman wrestling a man."

"So what? I fight men all the time in the Dead or Alive tournament."

"That's different."

"I don't see how," Tina said in a frustrated tone.

"Have you seen him out there? He is a big dude."

"I know," replied Tina. "He is a former champion. Pai Chan told me about him at the last Dead or Alive tournament. She said he was the strongest, fiercest wrestler she knew. I'm really excited to get in the ring with him." Tina hesitated for a moment. "Hey, you think if I can beat this guy and look good doing it they will put together a match for me and Zangief?"

"Zangief? You don't want to fight the Red Cyclone, darling. He fights dirty," Bass responded.

"I think that's just sour grapes talking, because you never got to have your big match with him," said Tina.

"That's not it at all," insisted Bass. "I just.. you know it's really hard to have a talk through a closed door."

"I'll be out in a minute."

Before he could say another word, Bass was joined by Zack and Kokoro in the hallway.

"Bass Armstrong, my man, what's going on?" said Zack.

Bass squinted at Zack. "You're that punk from the DOA tournaments who is always hitting on or trying to exploit my daughter!"

Tina popped out of her dressing room wearing an American flag bikini and some blue and white spandex shorts.

"What do you think Big Daddy?" she asked.

Bass shook his head. "Honey no. Don't you have some real wrestling tights?"

"These are my real wrestling tights."

"That would barely be considered clothes."

Tina noticed the presence of Zack and Kokoro. "Hey y'all! You came to watch my match. That's so sweet. I'd love to chat, but I have to get out there. I hope y'all got some good seats."

Bass watched helplessly as she walked away.

"We aren't here about Tina, we're here about Rig," said Kokoro.

"Rig? I haven't seen him since the last tournament. I heard he ended up being kin to Donovan or something like that," Bass answered distractedly. "I can't talk right now. I have to get out there."

Bass scampered after Tina.

"What do we do?" asked Kokoro.

"Wait till the match is over and bring them both with us. Bass has some useful information, I'm sure of it and Tina is a gossip queen. I'm thinking she might have heard something about this mystery item from somebody."

Kokoro looked down the hall. "What if that man out there grinds her into dust first? Do you think she will win?"

Zack shrugged.

In the arena, Tina walked to the ring with a big smile on her face. As she stepped through the ropes, Wolf Hawkfield greeted her with his trademark howl.

"Oh, this is going to be fun," Tina said.

Wolf snickered. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Armstrong. It will my honor to pound you into the mat."

"Sweet talk won't get you anywhere, honey," said Tina.

Wolf grinned and then howled again.

Very good set-up, JohnnyChany. The storylines you're writing here are luring me right in. 

As for the match, I haven't played much DoA or Virtua Fighter, so I had to look up both fighters here. From what I can tell, Tina's only advantage is quickness, and even that doesn't seem to be by a lot. She may have around equal wrestling skill with Wolf, but he's still so much stronger than Tina. 

I'd say Wolf wins after taking a little punishment. 

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

bigballerju gives it a grade of: B

DSkillz gives it a grade of: B Good set-up. It really seems to capture the spirit of both fighting game universes here.

SCORE

Tina Armstrong: 11

Wolf Hawkfield: 14

FPA: 3.3