Slot: The Team Member Fighting In the Ring
Season Wins: 2
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about King at Wikipedia
Official Site: Namco

Battle Terrain
Competition Fighting: Sumo Wrestling

Neither of these guys are Sumo, so that puts them on equal footing. Zangief maybe stronger, but that's hard to say decisively. Fighting game characters are hard to pin down on feats.

I think the likely scenario is that King shuffles around enough to trip or throw Zangief out of the circle. King is faster and has tossed big guys around before so it's not out of his wheelhouse.

Also, King has already beaten Zangief here in CBUB. That should tell us what we should know.

Tough one! I'd say that King is the better wrestler in terms of available moves but Zangief has the physical advantage. Were this wrestling, then I'd give the advantage to Zangeif where his strength and weight would help, but in sumo where he can lose if any part of him apart from his feet touch the ground, I'd say King has the advantage and can turn his large opponent's size against him.Ā 

• Like 1

Aside from everything else, Zangief also has experience fighting a sumo wrestler in E. Honda (though Honda never became a yokozuna like I mentioned in an earlier round). The 'Gief has the size, strength,Ā and slight experience edge, but he'll have to deal withĀ King's likely superior maneuverability.Ā 

So this would be Pro-Wrestling vs Lucha Libre...

I'm gonna give this to Zangief because of the fact that we're talking about a man who has wrestled bears for his life to achieve the level of strength which he has acquired, not to mention survived being absorbed into the vortex of a tornado and being thrown from within it, landing on his back and laughing the ordeal off, not to mention the fact that he can flex and tighten his muscles so intensely to where he can tank a katana and not even be cut from it, as seen when he flexed his pectoral muscles to break Satsuki's blade in the story mode of SFV.

I gotta hand it to Zangief.

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm still not convinced. King wins with his superior reflexes and maneuverability.

I don't even know that he does have superior reflexes. That has never been proven. His only demonstrably advantage is his "maneuverability," which comes at the cost of him being just overĀ half as big as his opponent. In literally any wrestling match, I'm not better against the guy with a 190 pound advantage