MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15297 Steve Fox vs. Ryuji Yamazaki

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXX

steve_shenwoo01.jpg.0341bd1843ce50120691f39cf6e26241.jpg

After a final vicious combo of punches, Steve Fox knocked Shen Woo out cold. (REF: STEVE FOX VS. SHEN WOO)

Cheers and applause erupted from the crowd of spectators around them. One of the spectators appeared unimpressed, and scrunched up his face in disgust at Steve’s victory. 

As Steve raised his hands in triumph, he noticed the glare. “What’s your problem, guy. Didn’t enjoy that?” Steve flicked his nose a couple of times. “Maybe you want to give it a go too.”

The spectator taunted him. “I bet you couldn’t do that to Dudley.”

“That former champ? That posh snob? I would love to go a few rounds with him, but he would never leave his fancy estate to fight in a place like this,” said Steve.

“Then maybe you should get out of the gutter and start participating in proper fights...”

The spectator was cut off by a blow to the chest from a woman with short silver hair wearing a black turtleneck as she made her way through the crowd.

“Now that is no way to talk to a big strong man after such a thrilling victory,” said Christie. “And besides you are talking to a man who has had many proper fights. He is a King of the Iron Fist tournament participant.”

doa-6-christie_opt.jpg.c7b62f630cbd827c2c1cb09ae35c8074.jpg

A man decked out in all black walked up behind Christie with his hand in his pocket. He then used his extremely long legs to make his way over to Shen Woo’s unconscious body. He kicked Shen Woo and then turned back to face the underground crowd.

“Show’s over folks,” Ryuji announced. “Someone pick up this loser trash and the rest of you get out of here. We have business to discuss”

“Bloody hell. Who put you in charge?” asked one of the spectators.

Ryuji approached the man calmly before grabbing him by the face and repeatedly slamming his head into the ground while Ryuji laughed maniacally. Ryuji then lifted up his new victim in the air and kicked him several feet across the room. The crowd quickly dissipated.

“That was unnecessary,” stated Steve.

Christie shrugged. “We needed some private time with you, and sometimes people can’t take a hint until it’s beaten into them.”

Ryuji chuckled. 

“Whatever you're selling, I am not interested,” Steve insisted.

.Ryuji leaned against a wall and flipped his knife in his hand. “We ain't here to sell you nothin’. We are looking for information.”

“Specifically about the fighter Yoshimitsu.” Christie added.

“I barely know of him, much less know him personally,” said Steve.

Ryuji’s knife flipping came to a sudden halt. “We have come a long way. You’re going to need to do better than that.”

“All we really want is a way to get to Yoshimitsu,” Christie clarified.

“I know the Manji clan are a bunch of thieves. Did they rob you or something?” Steve wondered.

Christie’s phone rang. She looked at the caller ID to see that it was her employer, Victor Donovan. “I don't mean to be rude after we just met, but I've got to take this, You boys play nice now, this shouldn’t take long.” Christie exited the room and placed the phone by her ear. “I’m in the middle of questioning.”

“What have you got so far?” Victor asked.

“Nothing of use. We found the pretty boy in an underground fight club. We just started the conversation.”

Victor sighed. “I just had an unpleasant conversation with Kazuya Mishima.  (REF: HONOKA VS. HINAKO SHIJOU)  We need results."

Christie was indignant .”Results? I murdered his adopted brother (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN).  Violet Systems is now his for the taking.  (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA) How can he be so ungrateful.”

“Results in the mission to find Soul Edge,” stated Victor.

“I am highly capable. But, I can’t be expected to do everything at the same time,” Christie retorted.

“I’ll take some things off your plate,” said Victor. “You can cut off this mission to track down fighters from the King of the Iron Fist. A better way to track down Soul Edge has emerged.”

“Do tell.”

“Jin Kazama now has a warrior in his possession who is directly tied to Soul Edge. There must be more like that one. You need to locate a warrior with a similar connection,” said Victor.

Christie was nonplussed. “Great. Another scavenger hunt.”

“Anna Williams could be a great resource for this, her sister works closely with Jin Kazama. She might have the intel you will need.”

“I’m certain that I read in the file that they actively hate each other,” Christie remarked. “Even have attempted to kill each other if memory serves.”

433333777_ninaanna.jpg.c4ccb7a2fdfe0c037986b7c4cc2a16a3.jpg

“Just more evidence to support the notion that she keeps tabs on her sister. According to Kazuya’s spies it was Nina who found the warrior Jin is using.”  (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

Christie relented. “Ok then, where is Anna now?”

“She was researching some trouble in Mexico when she was accosted by some rogue special agent mercenary,” answered Victor.  (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS)

“I will see what I can turn up,” said Christie.

As she hung up her phone, Christie heard shouting from the other room between Ryuji and Steve Fox. She walked back through the door.

“I don’t know what you need to do to get it through your thick skull that I don’t have the information you are looking for,” Steve insisted.

Ryuji cackled. “I’ve done interrogation for the Yakuza, for the Chinese Mafia, I know when someone is lying to me and I have so many ways of making you talk.”

“You’re insane,” declared Steve.

With her mission objective now changed, Christie considered leaving both men to their testosterone filled duel. She never would have thought it possible, but hanging around the psychopath, Ryuji, actually made Christie miss her time traveling with Billy Kane.  (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE)  Still, his strength was undeniable and he could be of great use against whatever these strange warriors were that Victor wanted her to find.

Christie decided that if he could beat Steve Fox, she would continue to let Ryuji hang around. Conversely, if Steve emerged victorious Christie would want his power on her side. She was certain she could persuade him to join her using her considerable assets if the opportunity presented itself.

Steve pointed at Ryuji’s unchanging grin. “I’m going to enjoy punching that smug smile off your face.”

“Heh, Not on your best day. You’re gonna end up gutted on the floor like the last chump who tried,” said Ryuji.  (REF: CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI

Okay, so Steve's survival will come down to his evasive skills. Thankfully, he's well versed in Demspey. Unfortunately, I don't think he has experience with someone who can whip out his hands at that length and speed. I can see Steve gain the advantage up close, but once Ryuji starts to go crazy Steve will likely be overwhelmed.

Way to surprise me Johnny. I didn't know about this thread of the story and I really dig it. I really like this part/setup and I'm impressed by how expansive you've made this story. My only negative is that I would of liked to see more of Steve/Ryuji's argument.

Secondary thought, it would be really cool if you included the Dynasty Warriors characters into this story. They would fit perfectly but it would probably add like 50 more parts of the story 😂

As for a winner, I'm liking Ryuji's chances. They are both impressive and could come out to a draw but with Steve having just fought, I think he's at a disadvantage.

11 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Way to surprise me Johnny. I didn't know about this thread of the story and I really dig it. I really like this part/setup and I'm impressed by how expansive you've made this story. My only negative is that I would of liked to see more of Steve/Ryuji's argument.

Secondary thought, it would be really cool if you included the Dynasty Warriors characters into this story. They would fit perfectly but it would probably add like 50 more parts of the story 😂

As for a winner, I'm liking Ryuji's chances. They are both impressive and could come out to a draw but with Steve having just fought, I think he's at a disadvantage.

Thanks. Sometimes I feel like the Pacific Rim meme trying to keep it all together. Now that I am  (finally?) getting to 2nd round fights it is allowing me to pick up threads from way back when I first started this,

I don't think I can successfully jam Dynasty Warriors in here, but I do intend to continue a Dynasty Warriors/Gargoyles crossover idea that I started at some point. Samurai Showdown on the other hand...

Another good set-up, Johnny. I agree that you've done a good job of tying all these stories together. 

As for the match, even if we were to assume that Steve and Ryjui were evenly matched on a good day, Steve has already gone through a decent fight, so he's already at a disadvantage stamina-wise. Aside from that, Ryuji just plain looks more powerful and versatile with his abilities, as well as more ruthless.

Ryuji should probably take this one.