MATCH SCORE
Jean Grey: 3
Polaris: 0

Match 14511 Steve Fox vs. Shen Woo

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXXVI

heidern.jpg

Vanessa slowly sat up and massaged her head. She looked at her surroundings. She was still inside Heidern's old headquarters (REF: VANESSA (KING OF FIGHTERS) VS. CRIMSON VIPER) but both her opponent and the ice encased android were gone. (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

Vanessa punched the ground in frustration. "Damn't! I would have had her if it wasn't for her gimmicky gadgets!" She glanced down at her torn clothes. "Pretty impressive technology though."

Vanessa returned to her feet and scoped the area to make sure she was actually alone. With her solidarity confirmed, she rang up Heidern.

"Vanessa? I expected you to report back sooner. I was just about to take Kula for some ice cream. All this recent excitement has her a little worked up."

"I would have, sir. I was...uh... knocked out for a little while," Vanessa admitted.

Heidern sighed. "Another Mishima Zaibatsu operative?"

"Yes sir. She was here to take back the android when I arrived," Vanessa informed.

"What is your current condition?" asked Heidern.

"Some nicks and bruises, but I think the thing that hurts the most is my pride. She is gone now and so is the android," said Vanessa.

"We stopped the android once, if we need to we can do it again," stated Heidern.

"Permission to speak candidly?" replied Vanessa.

"Of course."

"Just what exactly have you gotten yourself into, Heidern. I grant you that Jin Kazama and the Mishima Zaibatsu are not upstanding citizens by any measure, but what placed them squarely in your crosshairs?" Vanessa continued. "That woman that I fought here employed technology I have never even seen before. The android almost chopped off your leg. And you told me about big Clark Still already being taken out of commission by one of theirs. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. ALISA BOSCONOVITCH) Is what you are fighting for worth it? Is Jin putting the world in some particular danger?"

"Are you looking for a way out?" asked Heidern.

"No, sir. I am not a quitter. I just want a better understanding of what I signed up for," answered Vanessa.

"It's actually worse than you know. The last time Leona checked in, she informed me that although

they located their target, Lars Alexandersson (REF: MAXIMA (KING OF FIGHTERS) VS. BRYAN FURY), it was not before Colonel Ralf Jones suffered a humiliating loss in battle to a fringe military man named Rolento," said Heidern. (REF: LARS ALEXANDERSSON VS. ASTAROTH) "So he is also not in the best of shape. I only hope that no other surprises befall them." (REF: HILDEGARD VON KRONE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

"Wow," replied Vanessa.

"It is interesting that we have not heard from the woman who originally asked for our help against the Zaibatsu. (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL) All of her claims about them were verified so I thought nothing of it, but this entire time she has yet to call or see how our mission is progressing. Not a peep," said Heidern.

"Do you think Jin has captured her?" Vanessa inquired.

"It is possible, but I don't believe so. It feels like something far more sinister is going on and I can't quite put my finger on it," stated Heidern. "I do wonder where that woman is right now."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X5tMSDOmrBQ/T5qkXTIIXhI/AAAAAAAAAMw/sT8Dl6H2gro/s400/dead-or-alive-christie.jpg

Christie and Ryuji Yamazaki arrived in London together to pursue their target, Steve Fox. (REF: GANRYU VS. TAKA ARASHI)

Ryuji eyeballed Steve's picture. "You really think this guy knows something about Yoshimitsu's location?"

"According to his file, Steve has had a very unusual life. I have no problem believing he might have forged some type of bond with that wacky ninja," Christie explained. "Besides, we are running out of time and options. Steve is the best possibility I can figure."

"Good enough. According to your information, if he isn't boxing at the gym he is usually at this club down the road," said Ryuji.

"Since we might have to scour all of London for him anyway, I wonder if we will have enough time to locate Lilly Kane. That way I can tell her what a failure her brother is," Chrisitie joked. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE)

Ryuji chuckled. "You had ol' Billy working for you?"

"Had being the operative word. When the time came, he could not get the job done," said Christie. (REF: VEGA VS. MIGUEL CABALLERO ROJO)

Ryuji pointed at a secluded alley. "I think the club is down there."

The duo walked through the alley and approached a red reinforced steel door.

"Not exactly the kind of club I was expecting," Christie remarked.

Ryuji ran his finger over the side of the door. "Probably not very welcoming to unexpected guests."

A sly grin appeared on Christie's face. "Leave this to me."

She adjusted her top to show even more cleavage and then she knocked on the door. A small rectangular panel was removed.

"Only members are allowed here! You must leave!" a voice boomed from the other side of the door.

Christie leaned in. "Are you sure there is nothing I can do to get in? There is a guy in there I really want to see. I am sure there is some way we can figure out a way for me to earn my membership."

The voice did not respond. Bolts and locks sounded and then the door was opened. A big beefy bouncer stood in the doorway. He took one step toward Christie. Before he could make another move, Ryuji grabbed him from his blind side and stabbed him in the neck. After a momentary

struggle, Ryuji gently let down his lifeless victim.

"Looks like we make a good team," Ryuji observed.

"I don't know about that. You just took away from me the pleasure of my favorite part," responded Christie.

The two killers walked into a large room that was empty except for flickering light bulbs.

Anger rose up inside of Christie. "There is no one here! What exactly was that oaf protecting?"

Ryuji glanced around the room and then down at their feet. "I think I've figuted out what kind of place this is."

"Do enlighten me," said Christie.

""I think it's an underground fight club. You know sort of like the movie," Ryuji explained.

"Never seen it. But, if this is a fight club, where is everybody?" asked Christie.

Ryuji pointed to the ground. "My bet is that they are below us."

Sure enough, a level below them Steve Fox prepared for his fight with Shen Woo.

"This isn't the ring, pretty boy," Shen Woo taunted. "You've never seen anything like the kind of street boxing I use."

"I have been in several underground fights, and I have yet to lose," Steve remarked. "Most of my opponents did not talk as much as you, but then again being an obnoxious loud mouth has never guaranteed victory."

Shen Woo sneered. "I can't wait to knock that smug expression of your face. Let's do this!"

Guest Magickal

I like Steve in this fight. He seems like the better all around fighter, though he'll be giving up some power for sure. It'll be close but I see Steve eeking out a victory.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

I don't know the characters but like the match and the arc. From the research I'd be happier if Steve won, but it looks like Shen Woo is going to destroy him when he brings out the energy powers.