MATCH SCORE
Princess Leia Organa: 5
Stella Star: 2

Match 13912 Cody Travers vs. Ryuji Yamazaki

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXI

tumblr_m1b46kKX5r1qiglv5o1_500.jpg

Rose, Robert Garcia, and Guy arrived at the Metro City Prison to try and recruit Cody Travers. Unfortunately, what they found was an empty cell and three dead cops on the ground in front of it.

"What happened here?" Robert wondered.

"It looks like Cody broke out of prison again," said Guy.

"Again?" Robert repeated.

Rose inspected the dead police officers. "These men have been stabbed to death."

A look of concern spread across Guy's face. "Cody has used his share of knives in his life and is extremely proficient with them, but I can't believe he would kill police officers. He may have become apathetic, but deep inside he is still a good man who believes in what's right. There is no way he could have descended this far... At least I hope he has not." Guy's face fell. "Maybe coming here WAS a mistake."

"Maybe it is something you needed to see," said Rose. "So that you can make a clean break from this part of your past."

"Do you know for a fact what happened here? Can you see it?" asked Guy.

Rose shook her head. "At any rate, we need to hurry and find Zafina and Ryu. It might be a good idea to pick up Dhalsim as well."

"Not without your parting gift," called a voice from behind them.

The threesome was soon joined by Maki Genryusai.

"There is a girl bound and unconscious outside. She came looking for you soon after you left to come visit Mr. Lack of Maturity." (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. TALIM) Maki looked around. "Speaking of, where is Cody?"

"He's not here," Guy said solemnly. "Rose is right, though, we need to keep moving."

"What about the girl?" asked Maki.

"Let me see her," Rose requested.

They started to leave the prison when suddenly Rose stopped.

"What is it?" asked Guy.

"I feel something dark nearby," said Rose.

They all looked around but saw nothing.

Rose shook her head. "I think this whole ordeal is starting to wear on my mind. Let us continue."

Rose, Guy, and Maki exited the prison. Robert Garcia stayed behind for a minute and looked inside Cody's cell. He looked at a poster on the wall, made by the city, celebrating the heroics of Guy, Cody, and Mike Haggar.

"Such a shame," he sighed.

After Robert joined the others outside, Rose confirmed her suspicions.

"I can feel it. She was infected by that evil sword just like Viola," she said. (REF: ROSE VS. VIOLA)

"We can't just leave her here," said Guy.

"We need to get her to Athena so she can seal her up with the other two," said Rose. "Perhaps a high concentration of them in one place would draw the rest of them to that location. It would be much easier if we can take them all on at once as long as we are prepared and have a team strong enough to defeat them."

"Athena, Benimaru, Kyo, and Chizuru are already there. So we have a start," said Robert.

"But how do we get her over there without delaying our own part of this mission?" Guy wondered.

They thought it over, then all three of them looked at Maki.

"Wait a minute," said Maki. "Didn't I already say that I wanted no part in this."

Guy tried his best to give Maki a pleading look.

"Guy! Don't do this to me." Maki shook her head. "I don't even know where I would be going."

"That is not a problem," announced Robert. "You can swing by Southtown and travel with Ryo Sakazaki. I was just about to call him and tell him to head on out there. If the fight is headed that way they are going to need more help, and Ryo loves a good fight."

Maki acquiesced. "Fine, I'll go." She glared at Guy. "You're lucky that my sister loves you so much."

"Thank you Maki," said Guy.

"It would be wise to keep this girl sedated while you travel. I fear that the closer Soul Edge is to resurfacing the stronger they will become," Rose informed.

"Can do," Maki replied.

Robert Garcia looked back at the prison as a sudden thought came to him. "Shouldn't there be more cops or security guards working here right now? No wonder there is so much crime in this city."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.knife-depot.com/images/product/ce/273719.jpg

Cody Travers sat at a small table in a diner several miles outside Metro City. The man who set him free from prison sat across from him.

"I bet you're wondering why I busted you out," said Ryuji Yamazaki.

"The thought has crossed my mind," Cody admitted.

"I know you were once a big shot hero around here, but I also know you have fallen from grace in recent years. That is how I heard about you. Nothing but a violence junkie who loves to fight, they say, I can relate."

Ryuji leaned back in his chair and nonchalantly flipped his knife in the air as he talked. Cody remained quiet.

"I have a business proposition for you Cody Travers," he offered. "A hot little silver haired assassin named Christie approached me the other day with the same proposition. (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL) The job is working for a man named Victor Donovan, who is in search for some ancient artifact and is in need of some muscle to make sure none of his enemies reach it first. I must say the pay is really good."

Cody grabbed Ryuji's knife out of the air. Ryuji immediately stopped leaning in his chair.

"Just so you know, I don't need help breaking out of prison," stated Cody. "I've done it plenty of times, I just always go back because there is nothing out here for me."

Ryuji lifted an eyebrow.

"And while I may no longer be a hero that does not mean I am okay with the killing of innocent people! I would have broke out of my cell and stopped you then and there if I had known what your intent was. I kept quiet because out of morbid curiosity I wanted to know why you would go through the trouble of breaking me out in the first place. What did those men die for?" Cody stood up. "Turns out the answer is rather boring, but not very surprising. So I'm going back to prison now and you are coming with me for the murder of three police officers."

Ryuji laughed and then shrugged. "I guess this is what I get for trying to think outside the box. What a complete waste of my time."

Ryuji quickly rose to his feet and knocked his knife out of Cody's hands. The two men watched it slide across the floor. They looked back at each other and then back at the knife.

Guest KibaxHinata

Okay, THIS is a fun fight! Cody stopped his share of gangs with his strong tornado summoning uppercuts, can easily prove handcuffs are easy to remove, AND is one of the heroes of Metro City. However, Yamazaki's pure insanity and power obviously trumps Cody's fighting, and his attacks are and even LOOKS more painful (gutting someone, headbutting them so hard an explosion forms, etc). I think Yamazaki has this in terms of his own pure strength and badass insanity.

Okay, THIS is a fun fight! Cody stopped his share of gangs with his strong tornado summoning uppercuts, can easily prove handcuffs are easy to remove, AND is one of the heroes of Metro City. However, Yamazaki's pure insanity and power obviously trumps Cody's fighting, and his attacks are and even LOOKS more painful (gutting someone, headbutting them so hard an explosion forms, etc). I think Yamazaki has this in terms of his own pure strength and badass insanity.

I'll have to agree with this one.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

patrickthekid gives it a grade of: A

michalecs gives it a grade of: B

FoxFingers gives it a grade of: A

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

Dark Spider-man gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Cody Travers: 5

Ryuji Yamazaki: 10

FPA: 3.8