Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Match 15274 Honoka (DOA) vs. Hinako Shijou

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXIX

Dead-or-Alive-6-nico.jpg.95d3e304e3a1dd4aa489dc4fcc113bf6.jpg

Inside of MIST’s offshore base, Victor Donovan walked into the lab of his top scientist, NiCO.

“How is it going with the test subject?” He asked. 

“Quite well,” NiCO replied. “I do believe this experiment will be much more successful than the one with Raidou.” She looked over the data on her computer. “This time we might not even need the blood of a relative to complete the resurrection.”

“That would be a most fortunate development, because I don't know how easy it would be to capture Jin Kazama,” Victor noted.

Victor peered up at the tank containing the body of the deceased Jun Kazama.

“Why her?” NiCO asked.

“Is it not obvious? Our partnership with Kazuya Mishima and the G Corporation has put us in direct conflict with Jin and the Mishima Zaibatsu. In a battle this large what better trump card is there then to control the boy’s beloved mother,” Victor explained.

“So you would use her to manipulate Jin but not Kazuya?” NiCO wondered.

“Kazuya is currently my partner, and based off of all of our discussions I doubt he still has a heart beating in his chest. Attempting to leverage Jun against him would be a waste of time,’ stated Victor.

NiCO did not much respect her employer so she didn’t mind being brazen with her criticisms. “If you are not going to use her, you might want to think of something else to utilize against Kazuya if things go south. You haven’t produced the results so far, and he won’t be patient forever.”

“I am well aware of the current situation,” Victor sneered.

“Where is your pet assassin at? What has she contributed?” NiCO asked snidely.

“She is currently still tied up in London trying to get info on Yoshimitsu from the Iron Fist tournament fighter, Steve Fox.” said Victor.  (REF: STEVE FOX VS. SHEN WOO)  “You do bring up a good point though. Christie needs to do a better job of getting results.”

A secretary burst into NiCO’s lab. “Kazuya Mishima is on the line for you, sir.”

“Speak of the devil.” NiCO managed to let out a half smile at her own pun.

“Let me know if anything changes and whenever she is ready for the resurrection process,” Victor declared before he left the laboratory.

Victor sat at his desk for the video teleconference with Kazuya Mishima,

“I am guessing you have heard the ‘unfortunate’ news  about Wang Jinrei by now,” Victor surmised.

“Are you implying that you are the one behind his death?” Kazuya inquired.

“Hired the assassin myself,” answered Victor. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI)

Kazuya furrowed his brow. “Was this insignificant gesture meant to distract me from the fact that you have failed to deliver Yoshimitsu?”

“Kazuya?”

“All of your little plots and schemes to throw the Mishima Zaibatsu into chaos were amusing at first  (REFERENCE: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL), but what has it truly brought me? Nothing.” Kazuya slammed his fist on the table where he sat. “I am losing this race. Anna Williams was taken down in Mexico (REF: BRAD BURNS VS. BRUCE IRVIN), and my spies within the Zaibatsu have said that Jin now has in his possession, a warrior connected to Soul Edge. (REF: WHIP VS. IVY) You need to do what I brought you in to do which is help me find Soul Edge first!”

Anger swelled inside Victor Donovan, but he knew better than to openly defy Kazuya Mishima. MIST was not strong enough, yet.

“It will be done,” said Victor.

“Good. There is one more question I have for you,” stated Kazuya. “I have read in the files that you once kidnapped a girl named Honoka for one of your experiments. Is it true she can mimic any attack or fighting style that she witnesses?”

Victor nodded. “Yes. She is the daughter of the deceased ninja, Raidou. It was his ability as well.”

“Do you not think a skill like that would be useful to us in the coming conflict?” Kazuya wondered.

“She is still very inexperienced and the limits of that ability within her are still not known,” Victor explained.”She could turn into a liability just as easily as an asset.”

“The ability to copy moves could be a great asset. I see no downside. If it is too much for her and she dies then she dies. I just need to know that you can control her,” said Kazuya.

“Yes, I can brainwash her,” Victor confirmed. “I will send out someone to bring her in immediately. I could use your former bodyguard, Ganryu  (REF: GANRYU VS. TAKA ARASHI) , or activate Rig if I need to.”

Kazuya shook his head. “That will not be necessary.” A large red behemoth of a man stepped into the camera view behind Kazuya. “I will be sending in one of my own to make sure the job is done right. You just make sure you are ready to get her to our side when the time comes, and find out the location of the Soul Edge!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

606077221_hqdefault(3).jpg.e3f88667e69867c773771d987bcb1ae7.jpg

Recent high school graduate, Hinako Shijou, was overcome with excitement to start at her new university in Japan and leave high school behind. At this new school,  she hoped her love of sumo wrestling would be appreciated and even shared by her fellow classmates instead of the mockery she received in high school because of her size and appearance. It did not take long before Hinako was putting on displays in the courtyard for anyone who wanted to see. With each passing day the crowds around her would get bigger and bigger as she embarrassed anyone foolish enough to question her skills and prowess.

On this day, a girl stepped out from the crowd to go find fellow classmate, Honoka who was walking by.

“Honoka! Honoka! You have to come see the new girl. She is incredible.”

“Huh? What is she doing?” asked Honoka.

“She is a sumo wrestler and she is super strong. She is tossing around guys twice her size.”

Honoka clinched both of her fists with excitement. “That is amazing. I need to see it.”

The two girls ran back over to the crowd surrounding Hinako just in time to see Hinako finish up her sumo display.

“This is so cool,” Honoka remarked.

Honoka’s friend gently pushed her in the front of the crowd. “Hey! This is Honoka, She is a fighter too.”

Hinako’s eyes lit up. “Really?” 

Honoka smiled. “Yeah. I love fighting. I love watching it, I love doing it, it’s my favorite thing. I’ve even competed in the Dead or Alive tournament. I didn’t get as far as I would like but I learned some really cool moves.”

“That’s great. Are you also a fan of the art of sumo?” Hinako inquired.

“Yes. Would you be willing to teach me some moves? I would love to add sumo to my skill set.”

“Of course. But it won’t be easy so I hope you are committed to it” Hinako informed her.

Honoka shook her head. “No. It shouldn’t be hard at all. If we have a fight right now I can learn all your moves. I would be super grateful.”

Hinako was dumbstruck. “Say what?”

Honoka nodded vigorously. “It’s true.”

“There is no way you could learn all my moves just by fighting me. It took my years to develop these skills,” Hinako insisted.’

“They won’t be perfect imitations at first, but it will be close,” stated Honoka.

Hinako was starting to sour on Honoka and wanted to put her down on the dirt. “You’re a liar.”

“I’ll prove it.”

It was inevitable Honoka finds a way to get involved.

Anyways, both seem to be similarly aged. Hinako is probably stronger but Honoka will likely have knowledge of her fighting style. Still, that knowledge hasn't given her the win against more experienced opponents, so I will give Hinako the edge.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:58 PM, patrickthekid said:

It was inevitable Honoka finds a way to get involved.

Anyways, both seem to be similarly aged. Hinako is probably stronger but Honoka will likely have knowledge of her fighting style. Still, that knowledge hasn't given her the win against more experienced opponents, so I will give Hinako the edge.

Yeah I've gone back and forth on how many newer characters I wanted to include in an already crowded field, but I do believe Honoka's imitation ability, however raw, brings a uniqueness to the story.