Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Match 14844 Whip vs. Ivy

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

First a shortish recap of what is to this point a 50 part arc from 7 years ago: Hundreds of years ago the heroes of Soul Calibur agree to leave Soul Edge in the care of Yoshimitsu and bury it from the world forever. To help ensure that Soul Edge is not brought back, they all agree to keep shards of the cursed sword inside themselves. In the current day, information about this legendary sword has reached Kazuya Mishima, Victor Donovan, Jin Kazama, and M. Bison. All of these powerful men want the sword for themselves for varying reasons. The original Soul Calibur warriors, kept alive for centuries by the shards in their bodies, are trying to stop them. Also trying to stop the megalomaniacs is a large assortment of warriors from Street Figher, Tekken, Virtua Figher, King of Fighters, and Dead or Alive. I thought about putting up some more information about where everyone is and who they are with at this point, but I thought it might just turn into a big info dump. I had to re read all of my old installments because it has been so long, but I am excited for the opportunity to keep this going after all this time. And so...

PART LI

Jin Kazama walked on to the helicopter pad flanked by new Mishima Zaibatsu employee, Bayman. He stared expectantly as Nina Williams exited the helicopter followed by two grunts carrying the body of a woman. The two grunts dropped the body behind Nina and then returned to the helicopter to leave.

“What exactly did you find?” asked Jin.

“No discernible clues as to where the Manji Clan have fled to. Those ninjas are good at covering their tracks, I’ll give them that.” Nina glanced back at the body of Setsuka. “I did find a warrior willing to put her life on the line to protect the place. She was definitely not a member of the Manji Clan, but she did have a unique fighting style and weaponry.”

“Did you bring her back as some type of trophy?” asked Jin. “That is not typically your style.”

“No. It is what is inside of her that caught my eye. After I took her down, glowing metal shards materialized on her skin.” 

Confusion spread across Bayman’s face. “What?”

Nina glared at Bayman. “You heard what I said.” She returned her attention to Setsuka. “They emitted an energy unlike anything I have felt before. It felt powerful, it felt enticing” Nina stopped for a moment. “I felt it in my mind and it felt dangerous. Perhaps too dangerous to control.”

“I need to see this for myself.” Bayman began to approach Setsuka’s body.

“Stay back you fool!” Nina shouted. “One of my men came into contact with one of the shards just carrying her body to the chopper. His mind was warped within minutes and we had to put a bullet in him to stop the madness.”

“Why bring her here?” asked Jin.

“I believe the woman, the Manji Clan, these shards, and this weapon we are looking for all are connected. These shards may have even come from the sword itself,” Nina explained. “I figured you have enough eggheads here at your disposal that should be able to give us some insight into these things and perhaps even use them to track down the sword or Yoshimitsu.”

Jin lifted an eyebrow and then nodded with approval. “Bring her inside.”

“You should carry her, sir,” Nina suggested. “Your history with the devil gene has proven you to be a man of high will power, a necessity for anyone exposing himself to those fragments.”

“Sounds like a dangerous cocktail to me,” said Bayman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whip had drifted off on a hammock when she was startled by a loud crash outside the hut. She quickly glanced at Ralf Jones and Lars Alexandersson who were both still asleep. Their respective fights against Rolento and Astaroth had taken a lot out of them. She was worried about Leona Heidern, who was on guard duty outside.

Whip opened the door. A female knight with auburn hair fell to the ground eight feet from where Whip stood in the doorway. Leona pounced on the knight and pounded on her chest plate. Leona shouted and then her shout turned to a primal yell. A yellow glow emitted from Leona’s eyes.

Whip’s heart filled with dread as she recognized what was happening to her friend. “No! Stop it Leona!” she screamed.

Whip’s voice startled Leona who looked back at her and hesitated.

“This is not you. Do not let it consume you. You have worked so hard to control it,” Whip reasoned.

Leona looked down at the unconscious warrior she was pummeling and then back at Whip. Her primal noises slowly dissipated into heavy breathing. The yellow glow disappeared from her eyes.

“ I am sorry,” Leona whispered.

Ivy, who had remained silent during the fight between Leona and Hildegard von Krone, finally spoke up. “What do we have here? Have you been exposed to Soul Edge, soldier? Is that wretched sword back in our world?”

“ I do not know what a Soul Edge is? But if you do not desist from this attack, you will have to deal with the Riot of the Blood. No one wants that.” Whip put a comforting hand on Leona’s shoulder.

“Riot of the Blood,” Ivy repeated. “Is that what happened in that building at the edge of the village? Is she the one responsible for taking off Astaroth’s head?”

“Leona was not responsible for any of those things,” Whip replied.

“Ah, so you know who is responsible then, tell me. I have questions that I need answers to.”

Whip wondered if these strange women were after Lars. 

“No!” Whip  declared. She pulled out her namesake and readied it for battle. “You are not the commanding officer here, you don’t get to make demands of me.”

“You really think it wise to challenge me girl?” Ivy pulled out her snake sword, Valentine. “I can appreciate your weapon of choice, very kinky.” Ivy’s sword expanded and she wrapped it around herself like a coil. Then she pulled it back into its traditional sword appearance. “But it’s also very quaint.”

Ah, you're dusting off your Fighting Game crossover, huh, Johnny? 

Nice set-up. Good to see you haven't lost your touch. Someone more knowledgeable about these characters can probably correct me if I'm wrong, but after looking both fighters up, it appears that Ivy is the more experienced and powerful of the two here. I think she wins this battle of the whips.

I think I remember a few of these from back in the day. I think it's cool that you're bringing it back.

I'm not so familiar with Whip, but from what I can surmise Ivy wins a battle of whips. She has more variety in her fighting and can finish a fight in seconds.