MATCH SCORE
Patrick Bateman: 0
Cocaine Bear: 1

Match 14226 Brad Burns vs. Bruce Irvin

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXV

Dibujo.JPG

In Mexico, after putting down Anna Williams in a fight, Blue Mary dug her knee into Anna's back and placed her hands in handcuffs. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS)

Anna spat out some blood. "I can't believe I lost to you. I'm so ashamed of myself."

"Yeah, I'm guessing that little dress of yours didn't quite have the desired effect you were counting on had I been a male opponent," Blue Mary replied.

"What exactly are you arresting me for? Inspecting a female military cap?" Anna quipped.

"How about assault?" Blue Mary responded.

Anna thought for a moment."I felt threatened. I am simply a G Corporation employee who was sent out here to inspect a strange explosion at one of our research facilities. How could I be sure that it wasn't you who caused it?"

"Cut the garbage. I've been investigating your boss for awhile now. I know exactly who and what you are, Miss Williams," said Mary.

"I have an excellent lawyer," Anna retorted.

"You're not quite getting it. I'm not a police officer, I'm a freelance mercenary," said Mary. "And you're going to tell me what happened here (REF: T. HAWK VS. ARMOR KING) and exactly what your boss is up to."

Anna cursed Bruce Irvin in her mind. It was his fault she was in this situation.

"How exactly do you plan on taking me out of here? Do you really think you can get out of here alive? There is a unit of G Corporation soldiers right down the road," she said.

"I've dealt with their type before, not to mention I have access to a little backup of my own should I need it." Mary lifted Anna off the ground. "But none of that really matters, because I'm fairly certain I can take you out of here right now under their noses."

"I'm not talking," Anna insisted. "No matter what you do to me, Kazuya Mishima is capable of doing far worse."

"You might be right. It makes me wander what he would do if he had the impression that you already betrayed him," Mary hypothesized.

A hint of fear in Anna's face quickly turned to anger. "What are you talking about?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ADON_01.jpg

On the other side of the world, in Thailand, Adon stood victorious over a defeated Joe Higashi after delivering several thunderous kicks during Sagat's God of Muay Thai tournament. (REF: JOE HIGASHI VS. ADON)

"Yeah!!! The Jaguar can not be contained!!! No one can beat me!!!" Adon shouted.

Sagat clapped slowly out of respect for Adon's victory.

Adon recognized it and immediatley pointed an accusatory finger in Sagat's direction. "I told you this was a waste of time, Sagat. Let us do battle right now, you and me, let's end this right now and settle it once and for all!"

Sagat shook his head. "That's not the way a tournament works, you know that. If you are as good as you think you are, we will be at that point soon enough." Sagat smiled. "Although the more you holler and preen about the farther away that point will be."

Adon sneered. "Let's get the next fight over with."

Hwa Jai entered the fighting circle to help his rival, Joe Higashi, to his feet. Hwa Jai had ditched his responsibilities as a new Shadoloo operative to participate in this tournament (REF: CRAIG MARDUK VS. HAKAN), but had already lost before getting another shot at the man who had once beat him as an undefeated champion. Although he considered Joe his rival, Hwa Jai still respected him and was almost as disappointed in Joe's loss as he was his own.

Sagat looked over to the tournament board. "Fighting for a chance to take on Adon, we have Brad Burns and Bruce Irvin."

Adon snickered. "The Italian playboy? This should be good for a laugh."

Brad Burns stepped up to the fighting circle.

"What can I say? I enjoy the company of beautiful women. But as I've shown, underestimating my abilities would be a mistake. After I defeat Bruce, I will show you personally." Brad turned his attention to Sagat. "Then I'm coming after you and the crown."

Before stepping up to fight, Bruce Irvin checked his phone one more time. There was still angry messages left by Anna Williams. He only half heartedly listened to them as she complained about having to go to Mexico in Bruce's stead.

Bruce had enjoyed his time working for his friend, Kazuya, much more before Anna had joined them. Bruce could not stand Anna and thought of it as a bonus that his being at this tournament meant she had to do more of the dirty work. Bruce left his phone to go to the fighting circle. As he walked away from it, an urgent message from Kazuya appeared on the screen.

Before the fight started, Sagat pulled Bruce to the side.

"I have done my research on everyone who I've invited to this tournament. The only one that gave me pause is you. I know what you do and who you work for. But, I was determined to gather the best Muay Thai fighters in the world, regardless of who they were," Sagat explained.

Bruce Irvin listened intently.

"I want to know if you can handle defeat. It hasn't been an issue thus far, but we are getting to the latter rounds and losing is a very real possibility for you. As it is for everyone here. Everybody wants to be the best, but there can be only one God of Muay Thai. That is the spirit that inspired this tournament, and if it turns out that you are not the one I want to know that G Corporation stooges aren't going to be descending from the sky in retribution," said Sagat.

"I know the stakes and I respect the art too much to sully this grand tournament with any sort of temper tantrum." Bruce Irvine looked over at Adon. "I would be more concerned about him and his reaction."

Sagat scoffed. "Adon does not have an army at his beck and call."

A sly grin appeared on Bruce's face. "There is really no need to even discuss this issue because I will defeat Brad Burns, and then Adon, and then I will, with all due respect, take your title away from you."

Sagat bellowed out his trademark laugh. "We shall see, Bruce Irvin."

Bruce and Brad stepped into the fighting circle and prepared to square off. With all the attention being paid to the two combatants, a tall, dark, ominous figure in a white cloak entered the scene to watch undetected.

Oooow tall dark ominous figure in white. wonder who that is. (really don't know off hand)

I'm voting for Brad Burns. Virtua fighter doesn't have flashy moves like Dead or Alive. But Tekken is even worse. But Brad has some nice combos for the format of his game.

Guest Magickal

This is tough as they seem pretty evenly matched. Bruce's background makes it seem like he's had a harder life so he probably has more well-rounded combat experience and possibly a greater degree of toughness and perseverance. I'm picking Bruce to win in a very close match.

Another good story and great match-up, Johnny. 

Yeah, this looks like a tough kickboxing bout, but after looking both men up, I'm thinking Bruce might have bit more toughness and experience that would likely pull him through to the next round.

Guest Betterman

Probably Bruce. He does have that feat of jumping up a tower to kick a turret. He dented the turret too.