Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

Match 15159 Hitomi vs. Kasumi Todoh

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXIII

garou_mark_of_the_wolves___b_jenet_by_nagasekof_dcupruw-fullview.jpg.35a64975a07fdf16843a7dff4d40a5f8.jpg

Asuka Kazama swept the leg of the Lilien Knight in front of her and then delivered a roundhouse kick as he fell forward knocking him back into the wall. She then finished him off by spinning around and smashing her elbow into his jaw. He was the final Lillien Knight to fall at Asuka’s hands. Asuka looked over to see how Lili Rochefort was faring against the leader of the Lilien Knights, Bonne Jenet.  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT)  But. the blonde in the purple pirate dress was gone. Lili was perched on the ground against the wall, rubbing her head in pain.

“Lili!” Asuka called out. “Are you alright?”

“That thief got a few lucky shots in nothing more,” Lili grumbled.

Asuka approached Lili and extended her hand to help lift up her fallen comrade.

“I don’t need your help,” Lili insisted. “You know this is all your fault she got away.”

“My fault?”

“If I wasn’t so concerned about you taking on all those ruffians by yourself, I would have been better able to focus on beating down that prissy pirate,” stated Lili.

Asuka rolled her eyes. “I wonder what is more bruised? Your face or your ego?”

Lili glared up at Asuka through her fingers.’

Elsewhere on the Freedom Survivor, several pirates helped lower Bonne Jenet down on a rope to her nearby raft where one of the Lilien Knights waited patiently. They did their best not to lose their footing or their hold on the rope as the constant rain falling from the sky made all the surfaces slippery.

“I’m bringing down the last of the loot,” Jenet announced as she descended down.

“Are the others not coming with you?” asked the man on the raft.

“Not yet. They have to keep the DOATEC occupied until you can row us to safety,” Jenet explained.

“Yes m’am,” he replied as he got to work.

Bonne Jenet looked back at the Freedom Survivor with a curious expression. “When we were running through the ship, I kept hearing Helena’s people talking about something called the Soul Edge.”

“Never heard of it.”

“Me either. It sounds valuable. We should steal it,” Jenet suggested. “Between beating that zombie pirate  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON), trouncing that snobby brat, and successfully robbing Helena Douglas during a huge thunderstorm, I’m feeling pretty confident right now.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hitomi-dead-or-alive-5-1.png.d907c72f5948fdca6076f261e83eee53.png

Back on the cruise liner, Lucky Glauber’s jet successfully navigated the storm and landed on the Freedom Survivor’s helipad. Kokoro was the first to exit the jet followed by Lucky and Hitomi. Helena Douglas was there to greet them.

“I am so glad you all were able to land here safely, despite the elements,” said Helena. “Perhaps you should have stayed on land for a little while longer though. You have flown into more than just bad weather.”

Kokoro spoke up. “I was worried about you. The things I have seen made me think..”

Helena interrupted her. “Let us have this conversation inside. There is much to discuss.”

Kokoro nodded and the four fighters quickly ran inside the ship to get out of the rain.

Once inside, Helena continued. “We are presently under siege by pirates.”

Lucky Glauber’s eyes widened.

“It sounds worse then it is. Most of them have been captured by now, but it is best to be on your guard. Who knows what may be lurking around the corner,” said Helena.

“Have you captured their leader?” asked Hitomi.

Helena shook her head. “I don’t believe so. According to my security, our new prisoners have been pretty tight lipped on who the captain actually is.”

“Sounds intense,” Kokoro remarked.

“I have also recently been attacked by someone who came to this ship posing as an ally,” Helena informed. “She was very strong, but I was able to defeat her.”  (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE)

“Were her eyes orange?” Kokoro inquired.

“No,” answered Helena. “Why would they be orange?”

“When we were still in Los Angeles, we were attacked by Aoi Umenokouj.  (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) I don’t know if you ever got the chance to meet her, but she was the sweetest woman. When she attacked us she was nothing like the woman I had met. She was filled with rage and her eyes had a frightening orange glow,” Kokoro explained. “I was worried that it had something to do with this weapon you are so concerned about so I wanted to get back as soon as I could to ensure you did not face a similar challenge.”

Helena smiled and placed her hand on Kokoro’s cheek. “Thank you Kokoro. I appreciate your concern. Shermie did not have any orange glow in her eyes, but I have no doubt what you experienced is somehow tied in to all of this. Perhaps, we should go ask Shermie herself. I have a suspicion she will know what that orange glow means.”

“Shermie is here?” Lucky blurted out.

Helena cocked her head back and took in the 7’3 frame of Lucky Glauber. “Pardon me, in all the excitement I never introduced myself. I am Helena Douglas, head of DOATEC, and you are?”

“Lucky Glauber, m’am. Former basketball player, street fighter, and former member of the US Team in the King of Fighters tournament,” he responded.

“Former?”

“We had a string of bad luck. Our invitations kept getting stolen until the point we were no longer invited to the tournament,” said Lucky.

Helena regarded Lucky with skepticism.

Hitomi chimed in. “He is a skilled karate fighter. He defeated Zack in a fight when we first met him.”  (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK)

“Is that right? Hmmm, Zack is a bit of a clown, but he is still a highly formidable muay thai practitioner. If you were able to beat him, then you are exactly the kind of recruit we are looking for in this fight,” Helena surmised.

“Glad to be of use,” Lucky said with a smile.

“So you know Shermie?” Helena asked.

Lucky looked down to the ground. “She attacked me once and stole my invitation to the Neo Geo Coliseum tournament.”

Kokoro’s face was filled with pity. “You really do have the worst luck.”

Suddenly, a group of pirates formerly loyal to Cervantes De Leon stood before them. Before they could start their ambush they were swarmed by black helmeted DOATEC security. One of the security officers was not engaging with the pirates. The female security officer stood in front of Helena and the others.

“Follow me I will get you to safety.” she said.

The four fighters followed the security officer down an adjacent hallway. Without warning, the officer delivered a swift kick to Lucky and sent him tumbling down a flight of stairs. She followed this by striking down Kokoro. The officer went to strike Helena but her arm was stopped by Hitomi. The sudden attack startled Helena.

“A spy!” she gasped.

“Helena, you and Kokoro get out of here,” Hitomi declared. “Trust no one. Let me handle this intruder.”

Helena helped up Kokoro and the two women ran away from the scene.

“Shouldn’t we go check on Lucky?” asked Kokoro.

Helena was not paying attention. Shermie’s ominous warning was ringing in her ears.

“Helena, you are blinded by your vanity just like all the others. You were so excited to have another friend from high society that you didn’t even notice that when I first arrived here, I did not come alone.” 

Was this attacker one of the other ones that Shermie was referring to?

Hitomi and the attacker exchanged kicks and clashed forearms. Hitomi was able to knock off the assailant’s helmet with an overhead strike. Dark blue hair tied into a ponytail appeared,. Kasumi Todoh turned back around and stood before Hitomi, unmasked and with a serious expression upon her face. Hitomi wondered if this woman had been infected like Aoi, but there was no hint of an orange glow in her eyes. Confused but determined, Hitomi pressed on with the fight.

I gotta go with my girl Hitomi. She is a physical power house, and her strikes are powerful enough to stagger folks twice her size. Not to mention her level of technique is fairly developed to a high level.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, JohnnyChany said:

Asuka Kazama swept the leg of the Lilien Knight in front of her and then delivered a roundhouse kick as he fell forward knocking him back into the wall. She then finished him off by spinning around and smashing her elbow into his jaw. He was the final Lillien Knight to fall at Asuka’s hands. Asuka looked over to see how Lili Rochefort was faring against the leader of the Lilien Knights, Bonne Jenet.  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. LILI ROCHEFORT)  But. the blonde in the purple pirate dress was gone. Lili was perched on the ground against the wall, rubbing her head in pain.

“Lili!” Asuka called out. “Are you alright?”

“That thief got a few lucky shots in nothing more,” Lili grumbled.

On 11/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, JohnnyChany said:

“Me either. It sounds valuable. We should steal it,” Jenet suggested. “Between beating that zombie pirate  (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON), trouncing that snobby brat, and successfully robbing Helena Douglas during a huge thunderstorm, I’m feeling pretty confident right now.”

You could have given here a bit more screen time buddy :D

Just seemed like you were not expecting her to win either time. And no way Lili just got lucky. It was all Jenet's skill. Keep it up and she'll get the soul edge before anyone else does. Lol

That said, I hope to she where you take her story.

As for this match, I think it's an even fight. Hitomi has some pretty good combos though and might just edge out the fight.

On 11/3/2020 at 8:32 AM, SSJRuss said:

You could have given here a bit more screen time buddy :D

Just seemed like you were not expecting her to win either time. And no way Lili just got lucky. It was all Jenet's skill. Keep it up and she'll get the soul edge before anyone else does. Lol

The victory over Cervantes surprised me, I figured the fight with Lili was a toss up. B. Jenet will definitely be back in the story, it just might take a little time to sort out who is going to progress with her. She and Juri are the only ones with two wins thus far. It is fun to have her in my back pocket since she is not associated with any of the major factions pursuing Soul Edge.

On 11/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, JohnnyChany said:

It is fun to have her in my back pocket since she is not associated with any of the major factions pursuing Soul Edge.

That's true. You could have her as a wildcard now. I see her coming back into the story at the most inopportune time for someone.