Colossus vs. Strong Guy
MATCH SCORE
Colossus: 5
Strong Guy: 1

Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Match 15101 Rachel vs. Shura

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXVII

ryu_hayabusa_vs_nyotengu_by_omegadoa_dbz5u2o-fullview.thumb.jpg.1e69cccacf04f4167be2f36a1dbd9d87.jpg

Utilizing his unorthodox fighting style, Yoshimitsu was able to keep Ryu Hayabusa at bay for a short time, before the Dragon Ninja’s overwhelming power became too much.  (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA) The leader of the Manji Clan fell to one knee.

“I have lost,” he lamented.

Ryu  relaxed his fighting stance. “You have fought admirably.”

“I just hope I have not doomed everything that I have sworn to protect,” said Yoshimitsu.

“I give you my word, Yoshimitsu, I will do everything in my power to ensure that Soul Edge does not fall into the hands of evil,” Ryu promised. “And no unnecessary harm shall come to the allies of your ancestor. Once the threat has been dealt with, they will be free to carry on as the always have.”

“Master Ryu! We finally found you!”

Ryu Hayabusa turned his head to witness the approach of Momiji, Kasumi, and Athena Asamiya carrying the bodies of Seong Mi-Na, Taki, and Chai Xianghua respectively.  (REF: CHIZURU KAGURA VS. KAZUMI MISHIMA)  Yoshimitsu was dismayed at the sight of more defeated allies.

“We come bringing good news and another friend,” Momiji announced.

Ayane appeared from behind her. She kneeled in respect in front of Ryu Hayabusa and bowed her head.

“I bring news from Tokyo. I found the former Manji Clan member, Kunimitsu.  (REF: AYANE VS. KUNIMITSU)  After some convincing, she told me that when faced with imminent danger the Manji Clan will travel in predetermined patterns without stop so that they cannot be found.”  (REF: TAKI VS. KASUMI)

“Like a never ending maze,” said Ryu.

Ayane looked up and then over at Yoshimitsu. “Is that..?”

“Yoshimitsu,” Ryu confirmed. “He has agreed to take me to the never ending maze so that we can work together to protect Soul Edge.”

“Have you come across Chizuru, Ryo, and the others?” asked Athena.

“Last I saw of them, the two men were re entering the stone entrance at the end of this path after a huge explosion. The woman was not with them. I do not know her fate,” Ryu replied.

Concern spread across the fate of Athena Asamiya.

“Also the warriors you were trying to seal up before are gone. They were taken by the head of Shadoloo, M. Bison,” Ryu stated.

“What do we now?” Kasumi wondered.

“We go after them. They pose too much of a risk in the possession of a man like that,” Ryu declared.

“Even if we can get them back, it will be impossible to seal them if Chizuru is compromised or worse…”  Athena stared off into the distance unable to finish her sentence.

Yoshimitsu spoke up. “I have an idea of where we can keep them safely, where they will pose no threat to anyone, I just ask that you let me talk to them when they regain consciousness. It may render the need for sealing unnecessary.”

“Perhaps some sort of truce agreement would be best for everyone involved,” Ryu reasoned.

“You have more problems then you realize, Hayabusa.”

All of the warriors looked at each other in confusion at who had just spoken. From above, Nyotengu, the princess of the tengu realm, descended down to them with black wings.

“What do you want, tengu?” Kasumi demanded.

Nyotengu ignored her, focusing completely on Ryu Hayabusa. “You should ask the man whom you have defeated just how many ancient warriors there are still walking around the human realm. The six that you have encountered here don’t even represent half of them. Also, Bison isn’t the only man with some in his possession. Jin Kazama and the Mishima Zaibatsu also have one of the ancient warriors in their custody and are working on a way to extract the Soul Edge shards from her as we speak.”  (REF: WHIP VS. IVY)

Ayane eyed Nyotengu suspiciously. “What business of this is yours?”

Nyotengu finally decided to acknowledge the other fighters in her presence. “Many years ago, when Soul Edge was in prominent power in the human world it attracted all matter of demons, fiends, and even the tengu. Such is its power. The human realm was a cesspool of evil and despair.”

“Are you implying that you are not in favor of that?’ Ryu implored.

“No,” Nyotengu responded. “Don’t get me wrong, I love my kingdom and my realm.” Nyotengu caressed the leaves of a tree branch. “But I also enjoy visiting the human realm whenever I am in need of a vacation or simply a change of pace. Blending the two together does not sit well with me at all. Which brings me to your other problem. A certain busty blonde friend of yours who fancies cutting down fiends and tight leather outfits is about to make your job a lot more difficult.”

“Rachel?”

“Yes. She has bonded with another demon hunter. Their combined bloodlust has made it so they not only have eradicated all the demons they can find in the human realm, but are actively opening more portals to invite more of them in. Just so they can hunt them down,” Nyotengu explained.

“That is insane,” Kasumi remarked.

“An increased demonic presence also adds power to the Soul Edge sword. The sword has a symbiotic relationship with demons, it feeds off of them and they off of it,” said Nyotengu.

“Why not confront them yourself?” Momiji asked.

“She is probably afraid of them,” Ayane suggested.

Nyotengu glared at her. “I fear no human, not even ones tainted by the blood of fiends or possessed by evil spirits. I simply am here as a courtesy to Hayabusa since she is his friend. I wanted to give him the opportunity to deal with it in his own way.” Nyotengu turned her back to leave. “They are currently cutting down fiends and demons in an ancient castle, do with that information what you will. I must go see what other holes are being created in the human realm.”

Nyotengu flew away.

Ayane glanced up to the sky. “I don’t like her and I don’t trust her.” 

“If the words she speaks are true then we need to take heed,” said Ryu. “There is much to do, so we will need to split up. Ayane, travel to the Mishima Zaibatsu to see if Nyotengu is telling the truth. Do not engage, we only want to find out what he has. Momiji, you will do the same at the Shadoloo headquarters. We know who he has, but we need to know the security we will be facing if we attempt a rescue mission.”

Ayane and Momiji nodded and immediately departed.

Ryu’s eyes moved over to Kasumi. “Kasumi, I am trusting you to find Rachel. If Nyotengu is right, then she needs to be talked out of this foolish pursuit. If she can’t be talked out it, report back to me,”

Kasumi nodded and made her exit as well. 

Ryu Hayabusa picked up Taki’s body and turned his attention to Athena Asamiya. “Before he takes me to the never ending maze, Yoshimitsu and I will travel with you down the end of this path to find the rest of your friends and we will find a way to secure these warriors in a way everyone can agree on.”

“Thank you,” said Athena.

Yoshimitsu accepted this deal and picked up the body of Seong Mi-Na.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

225723-ngs_rachel.jpg.472be8f04377d95fe92afdc3761de302.jpg

It did not take long for Kasumi to track down Rachel. Kasumi cautiously approached the hunter after she had cleaved her way through two fiends with a giant axe. Rachel looked up from her kill at Kasumi and a small smile came across her face.

“Kasumi, what are you doing here?”

“I came here for you, to stop you,” Kasumi answered.

“Stop me?” Rachel laughed. “From what? Why?”

“We know what you have been up to. Opening portals to demonic realms to hunt them down,” stated Kasumi.

“And what is wrong with that?” Rachel inquired. “I am cleansing every dimension of demonic scum.”

Kasumi’s eyes grew big. “You are allowing them into our world, what if they overwhelm you?”

“They won’t,” Rachel replied with pride. “Shura and I, we have got this covered.”

“Rachel! There are many things going on that you may not know about. The things you are doing are only making it worse,” Kasumi declared.

“Did Ryu send you?” asked Rachel.

“He did.”

Rachel’s immense respect for the Dragon Ninja meant she would at least have to hear out Kasumi. Kasumi recapped Ryu and  the Mugen Tenshin’s mission to stop the revival of Soul Edge thus far. 

“I don’t trust tengu,” Rachel said after the story was done. “But, I will honor Ryu’s wishes for now.” She glanced over to the castle. “Shura is inside. I should be the one to tell her. She is the sadistic sort and doesn’t enjoy being told what to do. I doubt she would like you very much.”

Kasumi remained behind as Rachel entered the castle in search of her demon hunting partner.

She found Shura using her katanas to behead the last remaining fiend.

“Nice moves,” Rachel remarked.

“They were all weak,” Shura retorted. “This didn’t satisfy me at all. We must find bigger portals to open.”

“About that,” said Rachel. “We may have to hold off for a little bit. There is some evil sword called Soul Edge that has resurfaced that needs to be dealt with first.”

Shura lifted an eyebrow. “Soul Edge? Could it be true? Could it really be back?”

Rachel was confused. “You know it?”

“I told you this demonic spirit living inside me has allowed me to live a long time. I was around the last time Soul Edge tainted the Earth.” Shura was giddy and excited. “You should have seen the monsters that sword attracted. You are right, chasing down portals is a waste of time now. If we can get our hands on Soul Edge it will be like opening the biggest portal possible.”

Rachel protested. “That’s not what I am saying at all. I have been told that that sword brings only misery and death. Countless people will suffer.”

“If they are too weak to defend themselves, then they deserve their fate,” Shura said coldly.

Rachel had not seen this side of Shura before in their short time together as companions. There were hints of it, but to this point it had always been directed at demons, not innocent people.

“Rachel, I can see you are conflicted. But, I am getting that sword and using it as a beacon. You can either come with me and help or get out of my way,” Shura announced.

I'm gonna vote for my girl Rachel...

Considering her fiend heritage, she possess superhuman strength and durability as well, not to mention a form of blood magic which the Ninja Gaiden games have shown. And add to the fact that she uses a warhammer which she uses to great effect with her superhuman strength, and an automatic machine gun which she uses in her fiend hunting... Oh boy... Rachel definitely takes it.

Nice progress of the story. Glad I caught it before voting ended.

The writing in the song wasn't as strong as others particularly in the beginning. I still got into it though so it's a success in my book.

Looking at combat skills, I would go with Rachel. Her attacks are more deadly, enhanced by her strength. She should be able to beat some sense into Shura.

Another good set-up, Johnny. 

Given the universe she fights in, Rachel just might have the edge in this fight.