Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

The OFFICIAL Ask & Answer thread.....

Guest Dreadlock

Guest Artemis Entreri
As far as Thor denting adamantium goes, I was under the impression that when he dented Cap's shield with Mjolnir, he had the Odin-Force, but I could be wrong.

Not much.

I mean, Superman would be missing his brains, but I struggle to find evidence that he had any to begin with.

They usually feed us the plot device of Hulk being immune to telepathy for various reasons.

Well that depends, can Hulk survive without a head?

Odin-Force Thor decapitated the Destroyer with a hammer throw. You know, that thing that Odin made to fight Celestials.

Goodbye Hulk.

Are you speaking of the same Destroyer that regular Savage Hulks beats inbetween wrecking small desserted towns? Ha!!

Or the same Hulk Odin deemed the God of Strength when he beat Thor? The same Hulk that tanked Gladiators star shattering heat ray.... The same Hulk that Broke Celestial chains.... nd the Same Hulk that Knocked Thanos out with one punch win Hulk was severley burned and disfigured. The Hulk that as Professor Hulk was reduce tobones by Vector and still knockd Vector out.... Only t heal within seconds...?

Lastly, the same Hulk that can rengerate and become more durable after every attack on him.....including Iceman's absolute zero attack? Thor would fail like the others!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dreadlock

No, when Thor dented Cap's Shield, he did so with an Odinforce empowered blow (and even then, it only dented it). Without the Odinforce, even Primary Adamantium is too invulnerable for Classic Thor. This is fact.

Adamantium > Classic Thor:

Mjolnir can be used both offensively and defensively.

Described as impacting with sufficient force to "destroy mountains,"[36] with only primary adamantium proving too impervious.[37] Other offensive capabilities include creating vortices and forcefields (capable of containing an explosion that could potentially destroy a galaxy);[38] emitting mystical blasts of energy; controlling electromagnetism; molecular manipulation;[39] and generating the Geo-Blast (an energy wave that taps a planet's gravitational force),[40] Anti-Force (energy created to counter-act another force),[41] the thermo-blast which can even challenge such beings as Ego the living planet,[42] and god Blast (a blast that taps into Thor's life force).[43] The hammer can travel through planets to return to Thor(Thor Vol 2 #4).

Odinforce blow:

During the Standoff crossover between Thor, Iron Man and The Avengers, the shield was dented as a result of an enraged Thor striking it with an Odinforce-empowered blow. After the battle was ended Thor repaired it before ending his membership with the Avengers.

No, when Thor dented Cap's Shield, he did so with an Odinforce empowered blow (and even then, it only dented it). Without the Odinforce, even Primary Adamantium is too invulnerable for Classic Thor. This is fact.

Odinforce blow:

I concede. And here, to absolve any possible future arguments of this particular case:

This is King Thor...

EDIT: Now the first one deleted itself... WTF.

EDIT: The second picture that shows the dent deleted itself somehow... Damn you Photobucket.

http://www.leaderslair.com/avengers/avengersv3-063.html

On another note, the hammer's able to rearrange things on the molecular scale... -.-

Odinforce blow:

Double post, my bad. -.-

Are you speaking of the same Destroyer that regular Savage Hulks beats inbetween wrecking small desserted towns? Ha!!

Proof? From what I hear, the only encounter between them had Hulk losing.

Thor would fail like the others!

The same Thor who completely took over a planet the Hulk was inhabiting?

If you're seriously saying that Hulk could beat Odin-Force Thor, then there's nothing more I can say.

I've always wondered.

If the Illuminati had the Infinity Gems, how come didn't they use them against World War Hulk as it would most certainly have warranted the use of them? Professor X might have been able to penetrate Hulk's mind with the aid of the Mind Gem, or Mister Fantastic could have over powered Hulk with the Power Gem, or Tony could have just dumped Hulk into the Sun via the Reality Gem, or Dr. Strange could have easily reverted Hulk back into Banner with the help of the Soul Gem...

And don't tell me they didn't have time to get to them. Hulk gave everyone at least 24 hours... they had plenty of time to come up with the idea of using the gems... plus, these are smart people... Professor Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and Dr. Stephen Strange. -.-

I've always wondered.

If the Illuminati had the Infinity Gems, how come didn't they use them against World War Hulk as it would most certainly have warranted the use of them? Professor X might have been able to penetrate Hulk's mind with the aid of the Mind Gem, or Mister Fantastic could have over powered Hulk with the Power Gem, or Tony could have just dumped Hulk into the Sun via the Reality Gem, or Dr. Strange could have easily reverted Hulk back into Banner with the help of the Soul Gem...

And don't tell me they didn't have time to get to them. Hulk gave everyone at least 24 hours... they had plenty of time to come up with the idea of using the gems... plus, these are smart people... Professor Charles Xavier, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, and Dr. Stephen Strange. -.-

Well first of all, they swore never to use them, ever.

Secondly, they probably felt a little guilty about sending Hulk away to begin with, so they weren't going to break their vow and expose the fact that they possess the gems just to deal with something they felt they might have had coming.

Thirdly, even if they had used/tried to use/wanted to use the gems, they wouldn't necessarily have helped. Namor probably couldn't do too much with the Time Gem(him not being the brightest bulb in the batch), even if he had wanted to stop Hulk, and Tony probably couldn't do much with the Reality Gem since that takes a very specific kind of person, not everyone(even smart guys) can just make it work. Reed would probably have a better chance than Tony for that. And Professor Xavier didn't have the 24 hours to prepare, he just had Hulk knocking on his door minutes after seeing it on TV. And Doctor Strange would have played the same card he already did in that storyline, he wouldn't want to use them Soul Gem to take Banner's soul, as that might doom his own. And obviously, Black Bolt didn't have 24 hours either, Hulk just landed and started fighting, plus BB was pretty confident he could take him down himself, and I'm not sure how much use he could get out of the Space Gem anyway.

Fourthly, most of them were fairly confident they could stop Hulk with what resources they already had, and thus wouldn't need to resort to using the Gems.

And lastly, pure economics. If your hugely advertized blockbuster crossover event ends with the titular character being defeated/imprisioned/killed/banished in the first issue, and the entire storyline ended, it's not good for business.

Well first of all, they swore never to use them, ever.

Secondly, they probably felt a little guilty about sending Hulk away to begin with, so they weren't going to break their vow and expose the fact that they possess the gems just to deal with something they felt they might have had coming.

Thirdly, even if they had used/tried to use/wanted to use the gems, they wouldn't necessarily have helped. Namor probably couldn't do too much with the Time Gem(him not being the brightest bulb in the batch), even if he had wanted to stop Hulk, and Tony probably couldn't do much with the Reality Gem since that takes a very specific kind of person, not everyone(even smart guys) can just make it work. Reed would probably have a better chance than Tony for that. And Professor Xavier didn't have the 24 hours to prepare, he just had Hulk knocking on his door minutes after seeing it on TV. And Doctor Strange would have played the same card he already did in that storyline, he wouldn't want to use them Soul Gem to take Banner's soul, as that might doom his own. And obviously, Black Bolt didn't have 24 hours either, Hulk just landed and started fighting, plus BB was pretty confident he could take him down himself, and I'm not sure how much use he could get out of the Space Gem anyway.

Fourthly, most of them were fairly confident they could stop Hulk with what resources they already had, and thus wouldn't need to resort to using the Gems.

And lastly, pure economics. If your hugely advertized blockbuster crossover event ends with the titular character being defeated/imprisioned/killed/banished in the first issue, and the entire storyline ended, it's not good for business.

I know they swore to never use it but you see, I thought a circumstance like Hulk's return and the dire circumstances behind such it would warrant them the right to use them, even if they felt guilty, they could have used them to subdued him and the Warbound. But I understand.

Tony's out because he can't use it, not effectively if he could use it, and Xavier was caught off guard and didn't have time, so these two are out. I didn't include Namor because he wasn't involved in the conflict and that Black Bolt was a Skrull so obviously it wouldn't know where the Space Gem was, or did it? But that's a different topic. On another note, the Soul Gem does have the ability to revert things to their natural state along with the taking of souls. I was referring to this part, not the soul taking. And from the sound of things, Strange could use the Soul Gem effectively so... he could have single handily defeated Hulk then by reverting him to Banner, which is his natural state, that is if he and the others used the gems.

Yeah, but they should have knew better, right?

Yeah, but in a world of logic, this would make more sense... but the moolah takes precedence, unfortunately.

Guest Dreadlock

1) How does the Crimson Gem of Cyttock (Sp?) stack up against the Infinity Gauntlet Gems? (As far as, are each of the individual gems themselves more powerful that the Cyttock gem? Or is it an equal with those gems?)

2) This is probably a silly question but I just wanted to make sure... I assume anyone in control of the Infinity Gauntlet would effortlessly be able to stop (even the absolute most powerful version of) The Juggernaut in his tracks, right? Completely hault him where he stands, even from a full-on run?

3) If the Crimson Gem makes it impossible for anything to hault the Juggernaut once he is in motion, how does he slow himself down?

1) How does the Crimson Gem of Cyttock (Sp?) stack up against the Infinity Gauntlet Gems? (As far as, are each of the individual gems themselves more powerful that the Cyttock gem? Or is it an equal with those gems?)

2) This is probably a silly question but I just wanted to make sure... I assume anyone in control of the Infinity Gauntlet would effortlessly be able to stop (even the absolute most powerful version of) The Juggernaut in his tracks, right? Completely hault him where he stands, even from a full-on run?

3) If the Crimson Gem makes it impossible for anything to hault the Juggernaut once he is in motion, how does he slow himself down?

I'm sure its above the Power Gem in terms of durability and strength but for Reality Gem, not, Mind Gem, no, Soul Gem, no, Space Gem, no, and Time Gem, no.

Yeah, it would. It pwned a crapload people at Galactus's level... as well as Galactus himself.

He doesn't, he keeps going until he runs into something or he tries to slow himself down which seems to not work...

Until he runs into something? Wouldn't he then just smash through it and keep going?

Rocks and boulders have been seen to slow him down but he can keep going. If he combines his effort in trying to slow down in with the aid oof objects such as boulders and rocks, he could stop. -.-

1. Well the Infinity Gems give the wielder complete control over that aspect of the universe, but the Gem of Cyttorak basically gives Juggernaut the full power of Cyttorak's dimension, so yeah, it would probably be somewhat comparable to the Power Gem, but not any of the others since it can't really do any of the other stuff.

2. Well remember when Onslaught used extremely bad writing to rip the Gem out of Juggernaut's chest? Well someone with the Infinity Gauntlet could do that and it wouldn't be bad writing.

3.Last I checked, Juggernaut can cancel his mystical unstoppable momentum at will, of course then he would still need to cancel his regular physical momentum the old-fashioned way.

Guest force_echo
How exactly did that whole "meeting" go down between Onslaught & Juggernaut? How did Juggs get the Gem back after it had been ripped out?

IIRC he got sucked into the gem or something, and when he got out, he had the gem back in his chest.

If you get the skullcap off, you can defeat him with mental attacks.

The Mind Gem could do this effectively, just that he has to have that cap removed.

Yup, and the helmet, but that goes without saying.

Well, if each gem controls it's part of the universe completely, then the mind gem should ra pe Juggy with or without the skull cap.

The Gem of Cyttorak is mystical, so it doesn't just fall into line with universal laws.

Guest Dreadlock

I'm talking about the helmet. I think it was you that said his helmat keeps him safe from telepathy. Well, I was thinking that since the Mind Gem controls 100% of that aspect of the universe COMPLETELY, then the helmet should make no difference.