Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

The OFFICIAL Ask & Answer thread.....

Guest Dreadlock

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dreadlock

What would the differnce be? It obviously wouldn't be as strong/durable as Cap's Shield, but it should still be pretty similar. The Adamantium would keep it indestructible while the Vibranium would absorb all forms of kinetic energy.

What would the differnce be? It obviously wouldn't be as strong/durable as Cap's Shield, but it should still be pretty similar. The Adamantium would keep it indestructible while the Vibranium would absorb all forms of kinetic energy.

It probably would be as blended in as it would need to be in order to work. -.- Besides, the metals might just repeal each other even if the Adamantium forced it to harden and you might be left with Vibranium on one side and Adamantium on the other.

Guest Omega11
Vibranium IS mystical in nature, and it doesn't follow the laws of physics. It absorbs energy into its molecular bonds, which SHOULD make it weaker, but somehow becomes stronger. It somehow also violates CoM.

I've never seen anything, anywhere indicating that vibranium has mystical properties. It's theorized to be extraterrestrial in origin, but not mystical.

EDIT: Anyways, not knowing much about Marvel but a bit about Juggs and the vibranium/adamantium, it sounds like Juggs would be stuck in there forever, until his God master or whatever (Cy-something?) decides to get him out.

Marvel Man brought up a good point that I hadn't even really thought about. Juggernaut in his most powerful form was ripping holes in the dimension, that would certainly be enough to get out of the cage.

Guest Omega11
You know, I wonder why they don't get a time traveler to go back to the moment the Proto-Adamantium was created and see exactly what happened. Waverider would easily be able to do it. The only problem with that is, he is from DC. But a Marvel time traveler could do it and then the mystery of Proto-Adamantium would finally be revealed!

There's only one man who has the motive, knowledge, technology, and resources to pull this off. And that is Doom.

This is actually a very good idea, if Doom went back in his time machine and cloaked himself to watch the creation of Cap's shield, he could create his own armor(and an army of Doombots) from the same substance and be nearly invincible! B)

I smell a great story. ;)

Of course he'd still have to lay hands on enough vibranium to make that possible...which he's had trouble doing. :P

Also, what kind of metal is Onslaught's armor made out of? How strong is it in comparison to Adamantium? Is there a name for it?

It's just a psionic armor. No metals of any kind.

I've never seen anything, anywhere indicating that vibranium has mystical properties. It's theorized to be extraterrestrial in origin, but not mystical.

It violates conservation of momentum. It gets stronger when energy is put into its molecular bonds, instead of logically heating up and getting weaker.

It's magic as far as physics goes.

Guest Dreadlock

^ It makes sense what he says.

Anyway, what is the difference between Thorforce & Odinforce?

I'd like to know what would happen if Juggy ran full speed toward Thor and Thor swung his hammer as hard as he could and smacked the Juggernaut sqaure on the helmet with an Odinforce/Thorforce blow! Man, who'd win that exchange?

Does Juggy keep trucking along? Or does the Odin/Thor-Force blow hault him in his tracks and knock him for a loop?

Guest sirmethos
It violates conservation of momentum. It gets stronger when energy is put into its molecular bonds, instead of logically heating up and getting weaker.

It's magic as far as physics goes.

it's part of a comic book universe... we're talking a reality here, where people catch trains falling off bridges, without people splattering out through the front window. people running with Mach 3-4 speeds and grabbing others as they pass without ripping bodyparts off of either person.

physics doesn't really play a large part.

Guest Omega11
Anyway, what is the difference between Thorforce & Odinforce?

Theoretically speaking, just the name. Odin said that since it was Thor's it was the Thor-Force now and not the Odin-Force.

But usually when using them separately Odin-Force Thor is right after Thor became king and had full access to the Odin-Force, Thor-Force Thor is after he was reborn following the final Ragnarok, after which he only really had a fragment of the full Odin-Force powers.

I'd like to know what would happen if Juggy ran full speed toward Thor and Thor swung his hammer as hard as he could and smacked the Juggernaut sqaure on the helmet with an Odinforce/Thorforce blow! Man, who'd win that exchange?

Does Juggy keep trucking along? Or does the Odin/Thor-Force blow hault him in his tracks and knock him for a loop?

Well regular Thor was able to push back Juggernaut with a God Blast, so I'm sure Odin-Force Thor could do it.

it's part of a comic book universe... we're talking a reality here, where people catch trains falling off bridges, without people splattering out through the front window. people running with Mach 3-4 speeds and grabbing others as they pass without ripping bodyparts off of either person.

physics doesn't really play a large part.

Exactly.

It's only magic if it's stated to be magic, otherwise it just follows the slightly skewed comic book physics.

Guest Dreadlock

How strong is basic (non-Thorforce) Thor supposed to be? I'd like to see him crack Wolverine right on the skull (full-strength blow) with his mighty hammer. That would knock Logan for a loop!

On the flip side, I wonder if the mighty Thor could handle a stab wound to the chest from Logan? I bet ol' Wolverine could chop his (non-Thorforce) head clean off.

How strong is basic (non-Thorforce) Thor supposed to be? I'd like to see him crack Wolverine right on the skull (full-strength blow) with his mighty hammer. That would knock Logan for a loop!

On the flip side, I wonder if the mighty Thor could handle a stab wound to the chest from Logan? I bet ol' Wolverine could chop his (non-Thorforce) head clean off.

Wolverine's skull would be dented really badly to the point he might have permanent brain damage unless he un-dents that dent. -.-

Of course, he's head would go off though it would take effort as his tissue isn't like that of humans. Much tougher so Wolverine would have to put effort behind it.

Guest Dreadlock

What makes you think it would be dented? The only way Thor can effect Primary Adamantium is with a Thorforce blow (but even then it's extremely difficult). Otherwise, it should stay intact with no damage whatsoever.

That cylinder he "dented" is questionable. I've heard numerous times from people who know comics WAY better than me that any Adamantium that's been effected or damaged in the past has been revealed to be Secondary Adamantium (or have some kind of underlying defect) just like every time Darkseid gets his ass kicked, they usually reveal it to be a clone or whatever.

What makes you think it would be dented? The only way Thor can effect Primary Adamantium is with a Thorforce blow (but even then it's extremely difficult). Otherwise, it should stay intact with no damage whatsoever.

That cylinder he "dented" is questionable. I've heard numerous times from people who know comics WAY better than me that any Adamantium that's been effected or damaged in the past has been revealed to be Secondary Adamantium (or have some kind of underlying defect) just like every time Darkseid gets his ass kicked, they usually reveal it to be a clone or whatever.

He dented Captain America's shield. Which is stronger and harder than the metal that composes Logan's skeleton. He can and will most definitely dent it, even so more.

Guest Dreadlock

There is probably a reason he was able to dent it. You have to really look deeper into the story.

Here's what I found about Thor's hammer:

Mjolnir can be used both offensively and defensively.

Described as impacting with sufficient force to "destroy mountains,"[36] with only primary adamantium proving too impervious.[37] Other offensive capabilities include creating vortices and forcefields (capable of containing an explosion that could potentially destroy a galaxy);[38] emitting mystical blasts of energy; controlling electromagnetism; molecular manipulation;[39] and generating the Geo-Blast (an energy wave that taps a planet's gravitational force),[40] Anti-Force (energy created to counter-act another force),[41] the thermo-blast which can even challenge such beings as Ego the living planet,[42] and god Blast (a blast that taps into Thor's life force).[43] The hammer can travel through planets to return to Thor(Thor Vol 2 #4).

I think Logan's adamantium would be fine. His brains would undoubtedly be scrambled, but the metal in his skull would keep his head intact.

I'd like to see what would happen if a basic (non-Thorforce) Thor swung his hammer with a full strength swing and clocked a sundipped Superman right on the forehead. I wonder what would happen?

There is probably a reason he was able to dent it. You have to really look deeper into the story.

Here's what I found about Thor's hammer:

I think Logan's adamantium would be fine. His brains would undoubtedly be scrambled, but the metal in his head would keep his head intact.

I'd like to see what would happen if a basic (non-Thorforce) Thor swung his hammer with a full strength swing and clocked a sundipped Superman right on the forehead. I wonder what would happen?

No... he dented Cap's shield because he was pissed. For retribution, he hammered it back into shape. Being able to dent it and then hammer ti back into shape? We know that Cap's shield is stronger than Primary Adamantium. There is that one time, Thor threw Hulk into an Adamantium statue and broke it. Thor broke that by using Hulk's body. Hammer's tougher than Hulk. Think about that with the strength behind the blow that threw Hulk and broke a statue of adamantium.

Honestly, I do think Thor can dent the crap out of Logan's primary adamantium.

Superman would feel it. Its a magical hammer and he's weak to magic. It will hurt a lot.

Guest Dreadlock

That was with an Odinforce blow. Without Odinforce/Thorforce he wouldn't have been able to do it. Same with Logan's skull. Primary Adamantium doesn't just break/dent/bend. I'd be willing to bet that if you took a piece of primary adamantium and put Pre-Crisis sundipped Superman on one side, Suberboy-Prime on another, and World Breaker Hulk on the other and told them to work together to break it....it wouldn't break.

I blame the writers. Those idiots couldn't keep a good thing going if they tried. They introduce something that's indestructible, and then destroy it. But I guess you could say they made up for it by retconing things and saying it was all Secondary Adamantium.

Anyway, yeah, I know Cap's Shield (Proto-Adamantium) is like the most indestructible thing there is. It's one badass piece of metal. It doesn't even need mystic forces to help it out. :)

Guest Dreadlock

How come Xavier didn't, hasn't, or doesn't ever (as far as I know) shut down the Hulk whenever he goes on a rampage? Especially WWH?

I wonder if an Odinforce blow from Thor's hammer would be enough to kill World Breaker Hulk for good if it hit him right on the forehead? Like, if Thor's only goal was to put as much strength & umph behind the the blow as possible (without erasing him or willing him dead or whatever) could WBH survive a blow of that magnitude?

That was with an Odinforce blow. Without Odinforce/Thorforce he wouldn't have been able to do it. Same with Logan's skull. Primary Adamantium doesn't just break/dent/bend. I'd be willing to bet that if you took a piece of primary adamantium and put Pre-Crisis sundipped Superman on one side, Suberboy-Prime on another, and World Breaker Hulk on the other and told them to work together to break it....it wouldn't break.

I blame the writers. Those idiots couldn't keep a good thing going if they tried. They introduce something that's indestructible, and then destroy it. But I guess you could say they made up for it by retconing things and saying it was all Secondary Adamantium.

Anyway, yeah, I know Cap's Shield (Proto-Adamantium) is like the most indestructible thing there is. It's one badass piece of metal. It doesn't even need mystic forces to help it out. B)

I don't recall Thor being Odinforce when he dented the shield. I think it was Classic Thor. -.-

Only thing he did to the shield while he had the Odinforce was this:

"While only barely tapping into the limitless power of his vast magical power, Thor was capable of easily disintegrating Captain America’s shield with simply a look"

So, yeah, he dented the hell out of Cap's shield with just the hammer without the Odinforce.

How come Xavier didn't, hasn't, or doesn't ever (as far as I know) shut down the Hulk whenever he goes on a rampage? Especially WWH?

I wonder if an Odinforce blow from Thor's hammer would be enough to kill World Breaker Hulk for good if it hit him right on the forehead? Like, if Thor's only goal was to put as much strength & umph behind the the blow as possible (without erasing him or willing him dead or whatever) could WBH survive a blow of that magnitude?

He tried to enter WWH's mind. He couldn't, it was too much for him and he only got glimpses of what happened on Sakaar. Not to mention the fact that the numerous amounts of personalities Banner's got, this provides a form of mental defense plus Hulk's rage...

He probably would survive. He would have a busted up head but then he could regenerate from this.

As far as Thor denting adamantium goes, I was under the impression that when he dented Cap's shield with Mjolnir, he had the Odin-Force, but I could be wrong.

Not much.

I mean, Superman would be missing his brains, but I struggle to find evidence that he had any to begin with.

They usually feed us the plot device of Hulk being immune to telepathy for various reasons.

Well that depends, can Hulk survive without a head?

Odin-Force Thor decapitated the Destroyer with a hammer throw. You know, that thing that Odin made to fight Celestials.

Goodbye Hulk.

Seriously, Thor did not have the Odinforce when he dented Cap's shield. -.- If he did, he would have just disintergrated it rather than use the hammer, like shown in that one post of mine on this thread, aboutt wo posts back.

Think about it, he bended it back into shape. If he had the Odinforce, all he would had to do was will it and it would have been as good as new.