Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

The OFFICIAL Ask & Answer thread.....

Guest Dreadlock

Guest Dreadlock

If you have a random question about powers/abilites or who would win "this" outcome, or just any random question about comic book characters/powers/etc and feel a full on thread is not needed... just ask it here. Hopefully the other members will be willing to help out and answer it for you.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dreadlock

I have a question...

What is the DC equivalent of Marvel's Adamantium? Does DC have an "indestructable" metal?

Also, what would happen to Captain America's Shield if someone threw Anti-Metal on it?

Guest Omega11
I have a question...

There are two questions, but I'll let it slide.

What is the DC equivalent of Marvel's Adamantium? Does DC have an "indestructable" metal?

I believe Promethium is DC's closest equivalent, but I'm not completely positive about that.

Also, what would happen to Captain America's Shield if someone threw Anti-Metal on it?

The shield would be anti-fied(anti-ized?).

It's made of metal, it has no protection from being made of metal, Magneto could swing the thing around, anti-metal could take it down.

In fact, it seems like it may have already on some occasion...not sure about that though.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Some geek you are.

;)

Treach, you might be the only guy who can say that in a negative fashion. I am now ashamed of my geekiness.

*Leaves to watch the Ghostbusters marathon Comedy Central showed for some reason*

Guest Dreadlock

Well, I've got two whopper sized questions. (I'll give a little exposition to make them seem a little more plausable and maybe help you guys to answer them better, but even if the exposition seems wacked, just go with it for the sake of the question)

Lets say a "time-traveler" goes to the point in time where Juggernaut is at the absolute most powerful peak of his prime ever, and brings him back to a certain year. Then, lets say that same time-traveler ventures two weeks prior to where he picked up the first Juggernaut and grabs the second Juggy (ignore any paradoxs this creates) and brings him back to the same time as the first Juggernaut (both are absolutely identical). The time-traveler lies to both Juggernauts and makes them hate eachother. He tells them the only way to vanquish the other is by running at themselves at full force and hitting the other head on.

Question #1: What happens when both Juggernauts smash into eachother head-on, at full force, dead center, helmet on helmet? (they hit so perfectly that they DO NOT deflect off of one another) Since the Juggernaut CAN NOT be stopped no matter what, what happens when he collides with himself?

Question #2: The time-traveler puts both Juggernauts in a gargantuan metal box made out of a (Primary) Adamantium/Vibranium alloy (the size of a super Wal-Mart) and seals them in. Both Juggernauts decide to work together and run at opposite sides at the same time, at full force, and try to smash the walls simultaniously (if only one Juggy were to hit a wall, the whole box itself would just move from his forward momentum, but would not break; but they're both hitting it at the same time from opposite ends). So what would happen when they hit the opposite walls at the same time? Something's got to give! A: No physical blockade can hault the mighty Juggernaut. B: No force in the universe (short of a near/omnipotent being) can harm the Adamantium/Vibranium alloy. So what happens? ;)

(I hope I made those two questions clear enough) :P

And even though they both present a MAJOR paradox, for shits & giggles, try to answer them. :P

Well, I've got two whopper sized questions. (I'll give a little exposition to make them seem a little more plausable and maybe help you guys to answer them better, but even if the exposition seems wacked, just go with it for the sake of the question)

Lets say a "time-traveler" goes to the point in time where Juggernaut is at the absolute most powerful peak of his prime ever, and brings him back to a certain year. Then, lets say that same time-traveler ventures two weeks prior to where he picked up the first Juggernaut and grabs the second Juggy (ignore any paradoxs this creates) and brings him back to the same time as the first Juggernaut (both are absolutely identical). The time-traveler lies to both Juggernauts and makes them hate eachother. He tells them the only way to vanquish the other is by running at themselves at full force and hitting the other head on.

Question #1: What happens when both Juggernauts smash into eachother head-on, at full force, dead center, helmet on helmet? (they hit so perfectly that they DO NOT deflect off of one another) Since the Juggernaut CAN NOT be stopped no matter what, what happens when he collides with himself?

Question #2: The time-traveler puts both Juggernauts in a gargantuan metal box made out of a (Primary) Adamantium/Vibranium alloy (the size of a super Wal-Mart) and seals them in. Both Juggernauts decide to work together and run at opposite sides at the same time, at full force, and try to smash the walls simultaniously (if only one Juggy were to hit a wall, the whole box itself would just move from his forward momentum, but would not break; but they're both hitting it at the same time from opposite ends). So what would happen when they hit the opposite walls at the same time? Something's got to give! A: No physical blockade can hault the mighty Juggernaut. B: No force in the universe (short of a near/omnipotent being) can harm the Adamantium/Vibranium alloy. So what happens? ;)

And even though they both present a MAJOR paradox, for shits & giggles, try to answer them. :P

#1 assuming none of them are smart enough to stop, they would either fall back, or die horrible deaths.

#2 down goes the box.

1) Logically, they could cancel each other out and go no further from where they impact upon each other. However the force behind the two impacting would probably be enough to split the planet in half or something like that. -.-

2) They easily destroy the box... they don't have to do what you said. The Vibrainium melts the Adamantium as they're in contact with each other and all that's left is the Vibrainium which one or the other Juggernaut can easily destroy and leave.

Guest Omega11
1) Logically, they could cancel each other out and go no further from where they impact upon each other. However the force behind the two impacting would probably be enough to split the planet in half or something like that. -.-

2) They easily destroy the box... they don't have to do what you said. The Vibrainium melts the Adamantium as they're in contact with each other and all that's left is the Vibrainium which one or the other Juggernaut can easily destroy and leave.

1. Pretty much what I was going to say, except I would have went with, "The universe implodes."

2. Not all Vibranium is anti-metal, most likely he means that it's the same vibranium that Cap's shield is made of. This would make things more interesting, but I think the cage would eventually succumb to the unstoppable forces put against it.

1. Pretty much what I was going to say, except I would have went with, "The universe implodes."

2. Not all Vibranium is anti-metal, most likely he means that it's the same vibranium that Cap's shield is made of. This would make things more interesting, but I think the cage would eventually succumb to the unstoppable forces put against it.

Heh, I wasn't sure which.

True that. -.- In which case, the metal would utterly absorb all of their blows...

Guest Omega11
True that. -.- In which case, the metal would utterly absorb all of their blows...

Ordinarily yes, but Juggernaut isn't putting so much physical force against it as mystical force, his physical force would be stopped by the vibranium, but then his mystical forceo of momentum would kick in and overpower it.

Ordinarily yes, but Juggernaut isn't putting so much physical force against it as mystical force, his physical force would be stopped by the vibranium, but then his mystical forceo of momentum would kick in and overpower it.

Interesting, I only thought it was physical force. Are you sure it would still work?

Guest Omega11
Interesting, I only thought it was physical force. Are you sure it would still work?

It's impossible that it's just physical force, as there is physically no way Juggernaut could keep moving at times, and yet he does.

I would think it would work, as vibranium isn't mystical in nature, and thus follows the laws of physics, while magic spits in their face.

It's impossible that it's just physical force, as there is physically no way Juggernaut could keep moving at times, and yet he does.

I would think it would work, as vibranium isn't mystical in nature, and thus follows the laws of physics, while magic spits in their face.

Kay then. -.-

Not all Vibranium is anti-metal

Ah! There it is again!

Anyways:

#1: Assuming these are at the strongest level Jugs could get, they rip a whole in reality, and both are sent to opposite universes.

#2: The box explodes. No way is it taking reality breaking Juggs.

Guest Dreadlock

haha! Well, about the metal box... it would be nearly as strong as Cap's shield. Cap's shield is made of an alloy consisting of Proto-Adamantium & Vibranium (not Arctic Vibranium aka Anti-Metal, but the other version of Vibranium which absorbs all impact energy).

As far as Strengths of Adamantium go:

Proto>Primary>Secondary. (Proto was only created once and never again. All other attempts to create it have resulted in Primary)

Anyway, so this metal box they are in is nearly as strong as Cap's shield since it's made with the same metals, the only difference being the type of Adamantium used (Primary, not Proto). But Primary Adamantium is completely indestructible so....

A box made out of Primary Adamantium alone would be impossible to break out of. Add in the energy absorbing Vibranium into the mix and that should make it infinitly harder to overcome.

So with such an invulnerable box, how are the Juggernauts able to bust out of it? From what I thought, the Vibranium in it would absorb the impact, while the Adamantium would hold firm and keep them in.

So don't you guys think Scenario #2 would end up looking similar to what happened to Juggy in the X-men III movie (where the boy caused him to temporarily lose his powers and he crashed into the wall and KO'd himself and bounced off) It seems logical to assume, with such a box, a similar thing would happen and they'd be entombed forever. ;)

as vibranium isn't mystical in nature, and thus follows the laws of physics,

Vibranium IS mystical in nature, and it doesn't follow the laws of physics. It absorbs energy into its molecular bonds, which SHOULD make it weaker, but somehow becomes stronger. It somehow also violates CoM.

EDIT: Anyways, not knowing much about Marvel but a bit about Juggs and the vibranium/adamantium, it sounds like Juggs would be stuck in there forever, until his God master or whatever (Cy-something?) decides to get him out.

haha! Well, about the metal box... it would be nearly as strong as Cap's shield. Cap's shield is made of an alloy consisting of Proto-Adamantium & Vibranium (not Arctic Vibranium aka Anti-Metal, but the other version of Vibranium which absorbs all impact energy).

As far as Strengths of Adamantium go:

Proto>Primary>Secondary. (Proto was only created once and never again. All other attempts to create it have resulted in Primary)

Actually, the Shield is made of an experimental type of Iron and Wakanda Vibranium.

"Rogers' indestructible shield was long referred to, even in continuity, as being composed of an adamantium steel-vibranium alloy. This contradicted earlier established continuity, as adamantium steel is only developed after Rogers is revived from suspended animation, during MacLain's later, unsuccessful experiments to try and duplicate the material of the shield. Adamantium steel makes its first appearance in Marvel Comics in Avengers Vol. 1 #66, July 1969.

The adamantium-vibranium error first appears in the Captain America entry in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (the composition of the shield is accurately described in the adamantium entry as "vibranium-iron") and was propagated in several subsequent stories by writers using the Handbook as a reference. An attempt to correct this was made in Captain America #303–304 (March–April 1985), which establishes that the shield is made of vibranium and an "experimental iron alloy", but that did not prevent the repetition of the "adamantium-vibranium" description over the years."

A box made out of Primary Adamantium alone would be impossible to break out of. Add in the energy absorbing Vibranium into the mix and that should make it infinitly harder to overcome.

So with such an invulnerable box, how are the Juggernauts able to bust out of it? From what I thought, the Vibranium in it would absorb the impact, while the Adamantium would hold firm and keep them in.

So don't you guys think Scenario #2 would end up looking similar to what happened to Juggy in the X-men III movie (where the boy caused him to temporarily lose his powers and he crashed into the wall and KO'd himself and bounced off) It seems logical to assume, with such a box, a similar thing would happen and they'd be entombed forever. ;)

Perhaps...

Guest Dreadlock

The iron alloy was revealed to be Proto-Adamantium. Wakandan Vibranium is the one which absorbs all forms of Kenetic energy. (Arctic Vibranium being the other version which is also known as Anti-Metal).

The iron alloy was revealed to be Proto-Adamantium. Wakandan Vibranium is the one which absorbs all forms of Kenetic energy. (Arctic Vibranium being the other version which is also known as Anti-Metal).

No... it's sometimes considered that. In reality, the mixture of the shield is actually proto-adamantium.

"Later, MacLain's attempts to duplicate the shield minus Wakandan Vibranium and the mystery factor resulted in true Adamantium. Because of this historical link, the unknown substance composing the shield is sometimes refered to as "proto-adamantium". "

The Iron + Vibranium mixture is sometimes called Proto-Adamantium. -.- Not the Iron.

Guest Dreadlock

I see. So the mystery iron alloy + Wakandan Vibranium = Proto-Adamantium? Makes sense.

When they whiped up the Primary Adamantium mixture for Wolverine's metal, I wonder why they didn't add Vibranium into that mixture?

You know, I wonder why they don't get a time traveler to go back to the moment the Proto-Adamantium was created and see exactly what happened. Waverider would easily be able to do it. The only problem with that is, he is from DC. But a Marvel time traveler could do it and then the mystery of Proto-Adamantium would finally be revealed!

Also, what kind of metal is Onslaught's armor made out of? How strong is it in comparison to Adamantium? Is there a name for it?

I see. So the mystery iron alloy + Wakandan Vibranium = Proto-Adamantium? Makes sense.

When they whiped up the Primary Adamantium mixture for Wolverine's metal, I wonder why they didn't add Vibranium into that mixture?

You know, I wonder why they don't get a time traveler to go back to the moment the Proto-Adamantium was created and see exactly what happened. Waverider would easily be able to do it. The only problem with that is, he is from DC. But a Marvel time traveler could do it and then the mystery of Proto-Adamantium would finally be revealed!

Also, what kind of metal is Onslaught's armor made out of? How strong is it in comparison to Adamantium? Is there a name for it?

Well, they would need the catalyst required for the two metals to bend and that's currently unknown...

Silver Surfer could go back into time. Hell, he could easily create another Shield of Captain America if he so wanted.

Well, we don't know but perhaps it was made of psionic energies... -.-

Guest Dreadlock

So they can't just take liquid Adamantium and mix it with liquid Vibranium and let it harden? After 8 minutes, the Adamantium should force it to harden, no?