Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

The OFFICIAL Ask & Answer thread.....

Guest Dreadlock

Doubt it.

Possibly.

No.

No.

Cut right through as in go right through with ease but fail to actually do anything? Yes.

The heat I imagine would melt the hilt of the saber...not to mention the person wielding it.

Doubt it.

Doubt it.

No idea.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest force_echo

How did that Negative-Zone suit do against Thanos w/ I.G.?

So, bottom line, how would you rank his Top (we'll say) 7 suits from strongest & most durable down? And then how would rank his non-cosmic/celesital suits from strongest down? And, if you don't mind, why do you put them in that order?

Also, War Machine vs Hulkbuster?

It did pretty well. It ultimately lost to keep the plot moving.

1. Celestial Armor- Cosmic Level armor designed to go up against Thanos with the I.G Gauntlet

2. Destroyer Armor- Bleeding Edge, except Uru infused to give it near invulnerability. 'Nuff Said.

3. Thorbuster- Pretty damn powerful, but works best when it has Asgardian Energy to drain off of, so not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge armor.

4. New Armor- Shown to be several times more powerful than Bleeding Edge.

5. Bleeding Edge- Insanely powerful in general, an insane amount of features for almost every occasion- mix of raw power and versatility.

6. SKIN- Near Invulnerable, but not much else going for it.

7. Hulkbuster MK II- Pretty damn strong and durable, but not nearly as versatile. Just like the Thorbuster, its features are specialized to fight a certain entity so its features (like Gamma Ray-absorbing nanomachines) are not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge.

Well, since only one of his armors is cosmic level (cosmic as in, being more powerful than Silver Surfer), just slide in Extremis beneath Hulkbuster. It's basically Hulkbuster without the large exoskeletal shell.

Depends on which of the 3 Hulkbuster armors we're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, for the first list. Throw in the Phoenix Buster armor as #2. Obviously, it's pretty ridiculous in terms of raw power.

Guest Classic80s
Could a lightsaber cut through...

...Thor's hammer (Marvel)?

...vibranium?

...adamantium?

...Captain America's shield?

...an intangible Shadowcat?

...Human Torch when "flamed on" (F4 not annhilus)?

...Superman?

...Thor (Marvel)?

...Iron Man's most heat/energy resistant suit?

1: Uru by itself, easily. Enchanted Uru, no.

2: Yes. Vibranium by itself can be cut or chipped or manipulated. How do you think they move those big pieces back to America? Or manipulate the pieces to their liking.

3: Not a chance.

4: Even less of a chance.

5: I have no idea.

6: Like has been said, the weilder of the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get close enough. (But for the sake of the question, yes.)

7: I would actually say Yes, but it would take some effort.

8: Yes. It would take some effort, though not quite as much as with Superman.

9: I don't know. But the blade of a lightsaber isn't "hot," so much as it forces the molecules of a solid to get hot when it touches them.

It did pretty well. It ultimately lost to keep the plot moving.

1. Celestial Armor- Cosmic Level armor designed to go up against Thanos with the I.G Gauntlet

2. Destroyer Armor- Bleeding Edge, except Uru infused to give it near invulnerability. 'Nuff Said.

3. Thorbuster- Pretty damn powerful, but works best when it has Asgardian Energy to drain off of, so not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge armor.

4. New Armor- Shown to be several times more powerful than Bleeding Edge.

5. Bleeding Edge- Insanely powerful in general, an insane amount of features for almost every occasion- mix of raw power and versatility.

6. SKIN- Near Invulnerable, but not much else going for it.

7. Hulkbuster MK II- Pretty damn strong and durable, but not nearly as versatile. Just like the Thorbuster, its features are specialized to fight a certain entity so its features (like Gamma Ray-absorbing nanomachines) are not nearly as versatile as, say, the Bleeding Edge.

Well, since only one of his armors is cosmic level (cosmic as in, being more powerful than Silver Surfer), just slide in Extremis beneath Hulkbuster. It's basically Hulkbuster without the large exoskeletal shell.

Depends on which of the 3 Hulkbuster armors we're talking about.

EDIT: Actually, for the first list. Throw in the Phoenix Buster armor as #2. Obviously, it's pretty ridiculous in terms of raw power.

Thanks for that list. Good to know. But even with the celestial armor, I'm shocked it gave any type of fight to Thanos w/ I.G. You'd think Thanos could've just blinked Ironman into oblivion. Ot just sat there and looked at him (even with Ironman in full attack mode) as if he were nothing more than a dust particle with his attacks doing nothing. I thought the I.G. was so vastly surperior to everything else within 616 that he could squash anything with ease (except for the obvious select few).

Guest force_echo

1: Uru by itself, easily. Enchanted Uru, no.

2: Yes. Vibranium by itself can be cut or chipped or manipulated. How do you think they move those big pieces back to America? Or manipulate the pieces to their liking.

3: Not a chance.

4: Even less of a chance.

5: I have no idea.

6: Like has been said, the weilder of the lightsaber wouldn't be able to get close enough. (But for the sake of the question, yes.)

7: I would actually say Yes, but it would take some effort.

8: Yes. It would take some effort, though not quite as much as with Superman.

9: I don't know. But the blade of a lightsaber isn't "hot," so much as it forces the molecules of a solid to get hot when it touches them.

A lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Uru. Or Vibranium. It wouldn't be able to cut the Human Torch either because of the plasma field he generates around his body. It'd be just like a lightsaber hitting another lightsaber. It would do absolutely nothing to Superman, Thor, or the Human Torch.

In conclusion, a lightsaber would be wholly ineffective against everything on that list.

Guest Classic80s

A lightsaber wouldn't be able to cut through Uru. Or Vibranium. It wouldn't be able to cut the Human Torch either because of the plasma field he generates around his body. It'd be just like a lightsaber hitting another lightsaber. It would do absolutely nothing to Superman, Thor, or the Human Torch.

In conclusion, a lightsaber would be wholly ineffective against everything on that list.

Vibranium by itself can be affected. So can un-enchanted Uru. When has un-enchanted Uru ever shown to be invincible? And Superman is ultra tough, but a lightsaber should be able to cut him. Same with Thor. If Hulk can give Thor a bloody nose; if Wolverine can cut Thor's skin, then a lightsaber can too. While I don't think a lightsaber can cut Adamantium, I do think it can cut through solid objects easier than Adamantium blades. But under normal circumstances, I know they both can cut through stuff with ease.

Guest force_echo

Vibranium by itself can be affected. So can un-enchanted Uru. When has un-enchanted Uru ever shown to be invincible? And Superman is ultra tough, but a lightsaber should be able to cut him. Same with Thor. If Hulk can give Thor a bloody nose; if Wolverine can cut Thor's skin, then a lightsaber can too. While I don't think a lightsaber can cut Adamantium, I do think it can cut through solid objects easier than Adamantium blades. But under normal circumstances, I know they both can cut through stuff with ease.

A lightsaber is nothing more than a beam of plasma, everything on that list laughs in its face. It's not some kinda magical force that can cut anything.

• 3 months later...
Guest Classic80s

But a beam of plasma would be very, very hot. A lightsaber blade is not. If it were, no one would be able to hold the handle as the heat from the blade would sear their hand. So it must be made from something much more advanced.

Guest force_echo

That logic makes no sense. The Force isn't a real thing either, so I guess it must be a conflagaration of highly advanced technology?

The Star Wars Universe says explicitly that the lightsaber is made out of superheated plasma.

Guest Incredible Hulk

But a beam of plasma would be very, very hot. A lightsaber blade is not. If it were, no one would be able to hold the handle as the heat from the blade would sear their hand. So it must be made from something much more advanced.

Well Wookieepedia describes a lightsaber as the following:

"The weapon consisted of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contained the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowed the blade to keep its shape."

"A lightsaber blade was a mass-less form that neither radiated heat nor expended energy until it came into contact with something solid. The power of the energy blade was so great that it could cut through almost anything, although the speed through which it cut depended on the density of the subject."

So yah.....

Guest Classic80s

Well Wookieepedia describes a lightsaber as the following:

"The weapon consisted of a blade of pure plasma emitted from the hilt and suspended in a force containment field. The field contained the immense heat of the plasma, protecting the wielder, and allowed the blade to keep its shape."

"A lightsaber blade was a mass-less form that neither radiated heat nor expended energy until it came into contact with something solid. The power of the energy blade was so great that it could cut through almost anything, although the speed through which it cut depended on the density of the subject."

So yah.....

Well, that makes a lot more sense actually.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic80s

Can Kitty Pryde pass through a wall made of pure Primary Adamantium? I know she can't move through Vibranium, but Adamantium doesn't have the vibratory properties of Vibranium, so could she? Or is it much too dense?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Classic80s

Does anyone know the difference between the Aegis shield and Adamantine? 

I grabbed this from the Zeus vs Darkseid rumble:

Aegis - The shield (in some versions the breastplate) of Zeus is said to be indestructible and invulnerable, capable to turning aside any attack. 

Adamantine sickle - Zeus doesn't use this as often, but the sickle, made of a material that is harder and sharper than any other was what he used when the fight moved into close range. The mythical material adamant was the inspiration for Marvel's adamantium, and for all practical purposes, it's the same.