Lilandra Neramani: 2
Agent L: 4

Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Anime and Manga

Guest Magnus

Okay, I almost never write or even post on death threads...but...this is heartrending for me. I am seriously holding back tears at the library as I type this.

Satoshi Kon, writer, director, and animator of anime films such as Perfect Blue, Tokyo Godfathers, and the more recent Paprika, as well as the series Paranoia Agent, died at 46 Tuesday. Just trust me when I say if you haven't seen any of his films you are sorely, sorely missing out.

Click on this text for a much, much more worthy tribute to this amazing man than I can write.

Guest Shockwave

Never saw a lot of his work, but something about Perfect Blue sounds familiar. I recall constantly seeing the trailer for Paprika and thinking it would be a good watch, something to buy and watch not steal off youtube.

But it's just sad to see. A talent taken before his time.

Guest Shadow Flesh

Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, and Full Metal Alchemist are suppose to be the most popular animes around. But I want to know which one do you believe is the best, the worst, and why? Also since these are the current top 4 anime in the world, who do you think should be right up there with them?

[Note: This Thread was inspired by this picture from deviant art: http://smashiiman.deviantart.com/art/Narut...Naruto&qo=0

FMA is 1st, OP, 2nd, Bleach, 3rd, and Naruto, 4th.

The first two have actual character development and are interesting, plot wise, the last two are just, "Train, fight, get owned, train some more, fight, get owned, train some more, fight, get owned." Kinda like a DBZ mentality. >.>

Deathnote because it is the most logic anime I've seen. It is realistic and the story is so dramatic. The amimation is so great. The characters are so put together.

The storyline is great and it is unlike other animes.

Afro samurai because the story unlike other anime combinds hip hop and black culture. It has alot of blood and gore. But the thing I like least aboutit is that I think the story is kinda lazy.

I mean the #1 headbane who ever wears it becomes a god. Come on.

Guest Shockwave

1. Cowboy Bebop, the single greatest Anime ever created. (Until Sir Exal proves me wrong like always). This show uses the 26 episode formula off of a 10 chapter Manga. That's saying something. It's truly deep, moving, and it's practically near perfect. Even the ending was great, although I never did learn of Jet's ultimate fate which bugs me today. But it's just so cool that you can't help but keep watching.

2. Yu Yu Hakusho. 110 episodes so it wasn't too long, very well thought out and developed I thought, interesting characters with even some interesting villains, Sensui alone redefined the idea of Multiple personality disorder. The main characters get flushed out throughout their run and really make you like them. (Also, this is what Bleach was brought in to replace after it finished it's run. Sales dropped and they needed something to bring the readers back.)

3. Trigun, and I know enough about this series to state that it's a decent enough show, like the twist into hell, and even the fan theory that Legato was a cannibal in answer to the editor's choice to remove it and makes him just downright creepy. Yes I know that some people hate Vash (I'll admit he gets on the nerves sometimes) it's the theme and feel that makes this series a good one.

4. Outlaw Star, again another 26 episode series, but it's still more of a space opera feel to it. The main cast is really good and there's only two mary sue type personalities one of which is a man. Yeah....he's pretty feminine for a guy. But it's still a pretty damn cool show.

Seriously, One Piece can be enjoyable but it takes some serious suspension of disbelief and a lot of attention because of Oda's love of hinting at things that don't make sense until about 200 chapters later (starting to wonder if he was a writer for Lost and got canned). Naruto is just a drama that people call well written but hasn't really gotten any better, in fact becoming more and more of a fan letter to Sasuke by the author. And I already talked about Bleach. FullMetal Alchemist while it ended and is ok just seems to be more of a teenager angesting after failing to play god.

Deathnote because it is the most logic anime I've seen. It is realistic and the story is so dramatic.

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahahahahaa...

GAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Heehehe hee hee...

Ahem. Sorry.

...And since when have I proved you wrong about anything, Shockwave? I'm especially not about to dispute the awesomeness of Cowboy Bebop.

Guest Shockwave
...And since when have I proved you wrong about anything, Shockwave? I'm especially not about to dispute the awesomeness of Cowboy Bebop.

You've done it a lot actually. Usually it's because of my own lack of depth in Animeness (for lack of a better term).

I've watched only two episodes of Cowboy Bebop and loved it. Need to watch all of it sometime. Death Note is okay, but I can definitely see why people can hate it. It can be quite over dramatic. Though no matter how much you claim otherwise, I will never stop believing "I'll take a potato chip..... AND EAT IT!" is ridiculously awesome. Truth be told, I'm not a major anime fan, sadly. It's not because I have an aversion. It's just because I can't find any on TV in time to start from the beginning. When I finally get around to watching more Anime, Cowboy Bebop will be on the top of the list.

Well, I can't really make a list considering my extremely limited amount of choices. However, if I were to forced to somehow come up with a list it would have to go:

1. Cowboy Bebop

That's it. If you ever seen this series and tried to put any other anime in the same list as if you're thinking about comparing this masterpiece, its just blasphemy. There's really nothing NOT to like about that show. Great characters, intriguing plot, awesome concept, lots of fun, and they have Edward. What more could you want?

Guest Shockwave
Well, I can't really make a list considering my extremely limited amount of choices. However, if I were to forced to somehow come up with a list it would have to go:

1. Cowboy Bebop

That's it. If you ever seen this series and tried to put any other anime in the same list as if you're thinking about comparing this masterpiece, its just blasphemy. There's really nothing NOT to like about that show. Great characters, intriguing plot, awesome concept, lots of fun, and they have Edward. What more could you want?

The ultimate fate of Jet and Faye?

I don't know. I kind of enjoyed the level of mystery that, that entailed. ROCK LOBSTER. ROCK LOBSTER. Plus, in comparison with some of the other crap that's out there I'd have to say that, that's an EXTREMELY minor detail. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to learn of what happened to them, but if you think about it the Cowboy Bebop was ended at exactly the right time.

Guest Shockwave
I don't know. I kind of enjoyed the level of mystery that, that entailed. ROCK LOBSTER. ROCK LOBSTER. Plus, in comparison with some of the other crap that's out there I'd have to say that, that's an EXTREMELY minor detail. Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice to learn of what happened to them, but if you think about it the Cowboy Bebop was ended at exactly the right time.

Oh I'm not going to debate, my first post states the same thing.

Guest Shadow Flesh

Mine would be

1) Trigun

2) Samurai Champloo

3) One Piece

4) Hajime No Ippo

I have many others that could be swapped out for my top favorites (Cowboy Bebop, Lupin the 3rd, S-Cry-Ed, Outlaw Star, Case Closed, etc. etc. etc.) But at the moment these are top of My list. In no TRUE order I should add.

Trigun to me has a great story and even though Vash can be annoying at times I couldn't help but fall in love with his character and stupid antics. he brought the right amount of drama, tragedy, comedy, and badass-ness to the show. Along with his Angel arm how could you help but not love the show! Same thing goes for Samurai Champloo, I can't even descripe how awesome the show was. I'd even go as far as saying that when the show ended and when Jin, Mugen, and Fuu went there separate ways it was almost as sad as watching Cowboy Bebop end and Spike Dying <_<

One Piece Is the current show that I'm both rewatching for a 3rd time and reading the manga everytime the translate a new chapter. This show is AMAZING! I love the comedy and the childish forms of humor and insanity that are a major part of the story and how in the blink of an eye the characters can become serious and make the situations seem grave and sorrowful or just become pure badasses when needed.

Guest Shadow Flesh

Naruto was one of my favorite animes until the ludicrous amount of filler episodes made it a bore to watch, and then when Shippuden finally came out the praise to Sasuke and Naruto's unspoken love (joke) made me not care about the show at all when compared to the other great shows out there.

Bleach would be higher on the list as it has a storyline that I like and some really interesting characters. But with the recent episodes involving the Espada and Ichigo trying to control his hollow powers moving slower than a crippled snail with arthritis it become a bore very quickly.

Full Metal Alchemist is a great story with an interesting concept in Alchemy and endearing character development, without a seriously overdramatic tone.

Guest Shadow Flesh
Flesh. I like your sig. What anime is that?

I would like to know.

Its Called "Hajime No Ippo" It's a very good anime about boxing and they even have the first season fully dubbed on youtube if you want to check it out