Chun-Li: 3

Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Anime and Manga

Guest Magnus

Watched the first season of Darker Than Black. Simply awesome. I see there's a second season out, but I really only watch English versions, so I'm going to hold off on that.

As for Bleach, I don't know what Kubo is going to do. The English season for the cartoon is going on the filler train, and the comic is, well... getting interesting. I normally don't care for Bleach either, but the little boy in me likes seeing bombastic sword fights.

I normally don't care for Bleach either, but the little boy in me likes seeing bombastic sword fights.

Same here, I don't really care for any of the characters, save for Kenpachi. And that's only because he is the best representation of an Ax crazy Badass normal I've ever seen. And as for the latest chapter . . . Wow, What a TWEEEEEST! *groan*

As for the latest chapter of One Piece, Wow, What a Twist. Just, just like that? No disney death? No "That just made me angry and thus makes me stronger" boast? . . . damn.

Same here, I don't really care for any of the characters, save for Kenpachi. And that's only because he is the best representation of an Ax crazy Badass normal I've ever seen. And as for the latest chapter . . . Wow, What a TWEEEEEST! *groan*

As for the latest chapter of One Piece, Wow, What a Twist. Just, just like that? No disney death? No "That just made me angry and thus makes me stronger" boast? . . . damn.

Look at the lastest chapter of Bleach. Let's see if bun-wearing magic girl can wiggle out of that one.

I've been trying to watch Bleach myself... what Kills it for me though is the Filler arcs. They're just missing something that the main arcs have, and it's made me put the series down quite a few times.

Guest Shockwave
I've been trying to watch Bleach myself... what Kills it for me though is the Filler arcs. They're just missing something that the main arcs have, and it's made me put the series down quite a few times.

Plus he made a filler arc cannon. Bount arch.

Guest catnips47

I'm in the same boat......almost 30 episodes of filler. I'd rather just wait for the story to start up again than sit through it.

Normally, I don't mind filler, even if it's crap. What annoys me is how it's just flung in halfway through a story. It just shows that the writer(s) (I really don't care who they are) really don't care - and believe that quantity is the key to success.

I find the movies are better than the actual storyline. Even if they are generic.....simply because they're gorgeous

Incidentally, does anyone know where I can read all of 'Bastard!!'. One manga only goes up to 77

Plus he made a filler arc cannon. Bount arch.

Bount arc wasn't made filler, at least in the comic. The show references it, yes.

I don't even care about the story much anymore. I mean, yes, certain parts may perk me up, but at the end of the day I'm just watching to see who kicks who's ass.

Guest Mr. Green

http://www.onemanga.com/Negative_Happy_Chainsaw_Edge/

THIS. IS. ONE. OF. THE. BEST. MANGA. THAT. I'VE. EVER. READ.

It's only eight chapters though. But it's like FLCL mixed with a random comedy sketch with philosophic undertones that gets darker as you go along, and with a surprisingly deep ending. I found it just going through different manga on the site.

Guest Shockwave

Okay, apparently there are rumors of old TV series getting rereleases. An example of this would be the Sailor Moon series (god help me that just sounds wrong on so many levels) being "Redubbed" like how FUNI redubbed the One Piece series after the "editing" (aka *insensitivity*!) by 4Kids.

Any other series known for this? Or at least any info as to it?

Hell, if that's the case I would love to see a remastered release of Trigun.

Okay, apparently there are rumors of old TV series getting rereleases. An example of this would be the Sailor Moon series (god help me that just sounds wrong on so many levels) being "Redubbed" like how FUNI redubbed the One Piece series after the "editing" (aka *insensitivity*!) by 4Kids.

Any other series known for this? Or at least any info as to it?

Hell, if that's the case I would love to see a remastered release of Trigun.

Funimation recenty reliscensed Trigun, but it'll be a direct re-release of the old version. They won't be redubbing it or anything like that. They'll be doing some sort of re-release later this year.

Not that Trigun needed to be redone, since the original dub was just fine.

The owner of Sailor Moon, Toei, snagged back the US rights years ago. There's been talk of them trying to get it re-released in the US as of late, but there's nothing concrete. But Toei's trying to get back into the US after they already tried and failed miserably a few years ago.

Guest Shockwave
Funimation recenty reliscensed Trigun, but it'll be a direct re-release of the old version. They won't be redubbing it or anything like that. They'll be doing some sort of re-release later this year.

Not that Trigun needed to be redone, since the original dub was just fine.

The owner of Sailor Moon, Toei, snagged back the US rights years ago. There's been talk of them trying to get it re-released in the US as of late, but there's nothing concrete. But Toei's trying to get back into the US after they already tried and failed miserably a few years ago.

Oh okay, guess I should have said by "remastered" I mean made to be HD, so no real editing done, just different sound parameters.

As for the Sailor Moon, would it be done by FUNImation then? I mean Toei Animation seems to have a lot of close ties to FUNImation as of late, like how Anipalx has the ties to VIZ media for dubbing.

• 2 weeks later...

Superman has been in a couple different Manga. He was Project A-Ko's dad. I'm sure Landon could give you a more thorough briefing.

Guest Shockwave
Superman has been in a couple different Manga. He was Project A-Ko's dad. I'm sure Landon could give you a more thorough briefing.

Oh I know, just trying to spark some life out of this thread.

The kiddies wouldn't be able to handle my fanboying over Project A-Ko. They can only handle "OMG Luffy hit that dude this week!" and "ZOUNDS Ichigo learned how to hold his sword in a sightly different way this week!"

I kid.

Yes, the creator of Project A-Ko admitted that A-Ko's parents are supposed to be Superman and Wonder Woman. You see them once or twice throughout the four A-Ko movies and they totally like like Clark Kent and whatever Wonder Woman's "normal" name is.

Also, Project A-Ko is better than every anime mentioned in this thead thus far.

Guest Shockwave
The kiddies wouldn't be able to handle my fanboying over Project A-Ko. They can only handle "OMG Luffy hit that dude this week!" and "ZOUNDS Ichigo learned how to hold his sword in a sightly different way this week!"

I kid.

Yes, the creator of Project A-Ko admitted that A-Ko's parents are supposed to be Superman and Wonder Woman. You see them once or twice throughout the four A-Ko movies and they totally like like Clark Kent and whatever Wonder Woman's "normal" name is.

Also, Project A-Ko is better than every anime mentioned in this thead thus far.

Better than Cowboy Bebop and Trigun?

EASILY better than Trigun, but I HATE Vash, so I've never been that big of a Trigun fan.

I put Bebop and A-Ko on the same pedestal.

You also have to remember that I've been watching anime longer than some of you have been alive, and A-Ko was the first anime I ever watched. This is me gushing all fanboyishly.

Guest Shockwave
You also have to remember that I've been watching anime longer than some of you have been alive, and A-Ko was the first anime I ever watched. This is me gushing all fanboyishly.

How bout a taste please. What would you say are your top ten favorite series that you've watched?

That list deserves its own thread.

I'll bet half of them have words like "Pretty" and "Magical" in their title.