Tournament - Judge Doom vs. Carnage
MATCH SCORE
Judge Doom: 2
Carnage: 7

Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

Rumble 20569 Minsu Kim vs. The Avengers
MATCH SCORE
Minsu Kim: 2
The Avengers: 4

Anime and Manga

Guest Magnus

Guest AKUMA
Oh no...please don't tell me that you actually like Ocean Dub Akuma..

i liked it back in the saiyan and namek saga days...and i still do in those sagas. thats why i still have my DBZ vhs tapes that have ocean dub on it.

with anything past that....not really.

some voices i can tolerate..but mostly it's bad...but were so use to funi dub that we think ocean dub sucks...had it been the other way aroud and ocean dub kept being the MAIN dub after namek saga instead of funi dub being the main and primary dub after namek, we might have a different opinion about funi dub...

basically, ocean dub sucks because were not use to it anymore and we havent been since funi dub came into play YEARS AGO.

when funi dub started i said "thats not goku's voice!!" now when we look at ocean dub we say "Thats not goku's voice!!"

dont forget...ITS OVER 9,000!!!! came from ocean dub first...

for those people who grew up with ocean dbz, they think funi dub is..well....funny.

and then there are some people who are use to both and still think funi dub is better or vise versa...which i can respect.

Meh aleast your not like thos people on Youtube like OceandubZ and OceanNazi... dude they freaking insult anyone who even says anything postive or negative about Funi.

Guest AKUMA
Meh aleast your not like thos people on Youtube like OceandubZ and OceanNazi... dude they freaking insult anyone who even says anything postive or negative about Funi.

ive come across some while watching "OceandubZ"

but i dont respond because of the reasons ive stated already.

Guest AKUMA

BUT funi music IS BEST! NO COMPARISION AT ALL. FAULCONER IS GENIUS...thats what should have been on DBZ kai....i dont know what music they got on there now

king kai's place sounds like a caribbean resort.... :P:D

and i can hear music similar to the imperial march in a few scenes... -_-:P:D okay

Guest AKUMA
They just recycle music from the other shows on Nicktoons Network.

yea, im aware of that, but im so use to fauloner music, all other music for dbz sounds weird and sucks...lol

Yep. Only wish Cartoonetwork had gotten thier hands on DBK because unlike NN they actually showed blood. So it would have been perfect on CN but they are doing crappy right now as well as NN.

Guest AKUMA
Yep. Only wish Cartoonetwork had gotten thier hands on DBK because unlike NN they actually showed blood. So it would have been perfect on CN but they are doing crappy right now as well as NN.

cartoon network was crap when toonami(prime) left...imo

Guest AKUMA
What? Hannah Montanna, Jonas, all their other assorted shows. The only saving grace for Disney is Phineas and Ferb.

sad, but true... :D

Original.

I wasted too much time watching the old series (yes, even the "We'll shout and charge up while the narrator talks" episodes).

Still, I didn't even know this thing was on. But it doesn't show blood? WTF? It's DBZ. This thing introduce violence to my young mind. Besides, people actually die on the show. How are they getting around that?

Guest TheJ0ke
Original.

I wasted too much time watching the old series (yes, even the "We'll shout and charge up while the narrator talks" episodes).

Still, I didn't even know this thing was on. But it doesn't show blood? WTF? It's DBZ. This thing introduce violence to my young mind. Besides, people actually die on the show. How are they getting around that?

Um, well you see it's like this.

Nicktoons doesn't really care about preserving the plot and keeping it so that you can tell what is happening (previous knowledge aside). That's why they cut out some of the "more violent" scenes (in a show essentially based on violence) and replace them with about 1/2 a second of a white out transition.

Having seen the DBK episode where Piccolo [presumably] spears Raditz and Goku with his SBC, I can tell you that you essentially go directly from the charging of the attack and lots of screaming to the characters hit by the attack on the ground while Piccolo stands over them.

So there you have it. Tons of screaming, build up, and charging of attacks (admittedly significantly cut down from the original) results in a sudden bank of snow falling from the sky and covering everything in sight for exactly half a second, before disappearing without a trace, and the injured characters instantaneously laying on the ground with strange fuzzy black spots where they were hit, and the attacker standing over them.

Guest silversurfer092

I couldn't find the All Purpose Manga thread so I just started this one. I've recently caught myself up on Bleach and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. I've been keeping up with those for a while. HSDK is always good, having mostly plot and the fighting only advances the plot and character progression of Kenichi and his friends/enemies. Bleach has devolved far too much into fillers and DBZ like shonen. I was about twenty issues behind on Bleach and all twenty of those issues was nothing but them fighting Aizen. I've gotten this far, so I plan on keeping with Bleach until the end, but come on. Throw something more than endless Bankai's in there. Meanwhile, I've restarted Gantz and hope to be caught up sometime soon. Gantz, while also containing a lot of mindless violence, is somewhat like HSDK. The character progression is great, having a bunch of different characters, some dying off soon and some not. It manages to use the violent matches to progress the characters. I must say that I don't think there's much of a plot other than "Go into this game, kill the alien, try to live." However, the characters and romantic plots keep me intrigued.

Anywho, discuss Manga. Please don't come in here and be like "ZOMG DBZ IS THE BEST!!!" Try and explain why you like certain Mangas. Maybe recommend some Mangas. For all those that hate/dislike/aren't in the mood for Shonen and want some heavy plot driven Mangas, look up 20th Century Boys. Amazing read.

Guest Shockwave

Ever since the Muay Thai Demon Emperor guy came into the picture I had suspected he was the guy Apachai referred to when he said he has to kill someone (chapter when he says this escapes me but still).

But yeah, interesting point about the love triangle too (Kenichi is more part of a Love Kite than a triangle.) I always pegged her as a Red Sonia type.

I've read all of Gantz on Spectrum Nexus... which is pretty much up to the very latest release. And yes it does actually develop out of the "Go into this game, kill the alien, try to live." plot line. Things start to get odd (odd in a good way though... makes it interesting) and keep on going that way until a little while after

their last mission.

Guest catnips47

Removing filler from DBZ is like putting continuity in Marvel and DC.

It just won't work.

Kai sucks.

The south Park episode where Speilberg and Lucas r**e Indian Jones comes to mind.