X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Movies

Guest Magnus

Guest Darxeth

I think Ben will do great. If they allow him to bring some of directing prowess to the table for any future Batman movies he'll really shine.

Hell, We may finally get to see Batman actually do some detective work instead of being outsmarted all the damn time. (like in the Nolan films)

I'm excited for it. Maybe not so much for the Batman/Man of Steel movie, but for a new Batman series. One where Bruce isn't an aloof playboy/millionaire who sounds as if he swallows gravel everytime he talks in his Dark Knight persona and gets his shit kicked around mentally and physically by almost every single opponent he faces.

If Snyder's idea for Superman consists of him disregarding people in harm's way and snapping the necks of villains, his Batman will probably sit on the top floor of the Wayne Enterprises skyscraper and shoot jaywalkers with a sniper rifle.

Guest Darxeth

I'm more excited for updates on another Batman series starring Ben rather than what Snyder has in store for himvin MoS2.

Thoughts on who you guys would like to see in the next Batman movie?

I'd personally like to see Riddler.

Guest silversurfer092

Wrote a blog post about this summer's movies. I'm sure y'all will hate my rankings:

http://mecha-guignol.com/2013/08/28/summer-movie-roundup-2013-flavored/

Before I actually look at them, I want you and everyone else to know I'm super excited to see how much your opinions will piss off fanboys. So far, thanos has not let me down!

First Edit: I'm up to You're Next. Hearing good reviews from Landon on a movie I really want to see is awesome. I'm also glad he mirrors my views on Man of Steel, mainly because he can put them more eloquently than "Superman wasn't Superman".

Second Edit: Is it worth seeing Fast 5 and would I like Only God Forgives if I wasn't a big fan of Drive?

Guest thanosisawesome

Before I actually look at them, I want you and everyone else to know I'm super excited to see how much your opinions will piss off fanboys. So far, thanos has not let me down!

First Edit: I'm up to You're Next. Hearing good reviews from Landon on a movie I really want to see is awesome. I'm also glad he mirrors my views on Man of Steel, mainly because he can put them more eloquently than "Superman wasn't Superman".

Second Edit: Is it worth seeing Fast 5 and would I like Only God Forgives if I wasn't a big fan of Drive?

I aim to please.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Wrote a blog post about this summer's movies. I'm sure y'all will hate my rankings:

Actually, from what I think I've pegged regarding your taste from other various reviews, sounds about right to be honest. I disagree some of the lower ranked, but I'm pretty sure we have vastly different tastes(possibly aside from digging well-executed flat-out crazy awesome) and mindset going in, so that's kind of ok. Specifically wanna single out Lone Ranger at 7 being pretty interesting pick. Agree with the description, I caught an 8 pm showing the night before Monday and didn't regret it. The climax makes up for any flaws(which there were) by the choice of soundtrack alone if you're the right kind of person and I honestly want to think Verbinski was trying to modernize the film serial format with it.

Guest bigballerju

You always give good reasons as to why you don't like certain films. I may disagree with a few of them but it's true. I agree with some of the rankings but disagree with others. Fast and Furious 6 was one of my favorite films. I wouldn't put it at number 2 but it's definitely in the top 5 so I agree with you there. Wolverine is in my top 10 for sure as well. Pacific Rim for me would be a bit higher.  Trust me if you read half of the actually Kick-Ass 2 comic that's horrible you would be glad for Kick-Ass 2 the film being the way it is. Ironman 3 was just fun like a Ironman story should be so I loved it for that as well. Lone Ranger while I enjoyed it was too high. Honestly that's just me. At least you didn't just say a movie sucks and give poor reasons. I laughed when I saw Star Trek Into the Darkness all the way at the bottom.  Even though I did love the film your review had me laughing. I wonder how people will react to that and other reviews.

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Potential spoilers/speculation below. Look at your own risk!

I was watching the trailer, and I noticed some things that might hint at the plot of the movie a bit more than they intended. By watching the trailer in slow motion, at 0:04 seconds, in the top right, you can see what looks like the head of a Mecha-Godzilla model. Later in the trailer, at around 1:42, there's a giant screen behind the guy in focus that says "Battery Systems: Maximum Charge" with a giant outline of Godzilla, presumably in reference to Mecha-Godzilla again. If I had to put money on it, the reason Godzilla is going crazy is because Charles Dance's character from the last movie is controlling this Mecha-Godzilla, disguised as the real Godzilla, to justify his organization's making of a Mecha-Ghidorah/to get more funding/as revenge

17 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I was watching the trailer, and I noticed some things that might hint at the plot of the movie a bit more than they intended. By watching the trailer in slow motion, at 0:04 seconds, in the top right, you can see what looks like the head of a Mecha-Godzilla model. Later in the trailer, at around 1:42, there's a giant screen behind the guy in focus that says "Battery Systems: Maximum Charge" with a giant outline of Godzilla, presumably in reference to Mecha-Godzilla again. If I had to put money on it, the reason Godzilla is going crazy is because Charles Dance's character from the last movie is controlling this Mecha-Godzilla, disguised as the real Godzilla, to justify his organization's making of a Mecha-Ghidorah/to get more funding/as revenge

I think that would be pretty spot on. 

By the movies end, both Kong and Godzilla will team up to take on either Mecha Godzilla or Mecha Ghidorah. Or both

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

This feels likely, as I'm sure we'll see Kong and Godzilla team-up to face Mecha-Godzilla by the end of the movie. I don't see them giving us a definitive answer on who would win between Kong and Godzilla anyway.

On 12/27/2020 at 6:17 PM, The Void said:

@RakaiThwei Do you have faith in the upcoming Predator movie? lol. 

Seeing as it's under the watch of Disney... I stopped caring about Predator.

I've done stopped caring since the 2018 movie, and the Disney purchase.

Just now, ViceCityMobster86 said:

I feel similar about how Terminator films have been handled by anyone who tries to make a new one.

If you ask me... the first four Predator films, and I mean the first two Predator films, and the AVP movies were fine. They adhered to lore which was established from the novels, comics, and games which fleshed out the universe in the 90's. And then... Fox just mishandled everything from 2010, and then 2018... THAT movie which Shane Black did was a disaster, and I didn't even spend money to see it. I saw the reactions from the fandom over at AVPGalaxy, and it was universally hated right from the get go when the script leaks got out.

And as soon as I heard that the Disney purchase happened... I just threw in the towel. I decided that if it wasn't making me happy anymore, I might as well just let it go and focus on the other things which made me happy. So, I started getting more and more into comic books, decided to spend more time to my other passion which is TMNT, and I find I am happier.

On 1/28/2021 at 9:10 PM, RakaiThwei said:

Seeing as it's under the watch of Disney... I stopped caring about Predator.

I've done stopped caring since the 2018 movie, and the Disney purchase.

Lol! Don't blame you because that 2018 movie was pure garbage. Such a shame that Hollywood doesn't take a good IP like Predator seriously. I still have faith in the Alien franchise.