Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Movies

Guest Magnus

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, this is the first time I heard about Disney purchasing the Predator IP. This feels like a sick joke. I know the Predator films have been on a downhill slide but this really feels like the final nail. As highly praised as the Mandalorian was, it still feels like Disney execs were spiking the football at how much merchandise baby yoda got. Unless the Predator reboots are going straight to Hulu, I don't see it going well.

Unrelated but I'm also curious to hear people's take on the Snyder Justice League cut. Obviously, the marvel fan deep within me has taken a bit of joy from seeing the DC movie universe flounder, but the justice league really deserved a lot better than what DC put out a few years ago. I'm glad they were able to go back and correct some wrongs with this Snyder cut. I've been seeing positive stuff online and I'm looking forward to watching it this week. 

4 hours ago, Marvel Man said:

Oh man, this is the first time I heard about Disney purchasing the Predator IP. This feels like a sick joke. I know the Predator films have been on a downhill slide but this really feels like the final nail. As highly praised as the Mandalorian was, it still feels like Disney execs were spiking the football at how much merchandise baby yoda got. Unless the Predator reboots are going straight to Hulu, I don't see it going well.

Unrelated but I'm also curious to hear people's take on the Snyder Justice League cut. Obviously, the marvel fan deep within me has taken a bit of joy from seeing the DC movie universe flounder, but the justice league really deserved a lot better than what DC put out a few years ago. I'm glad they were able to go back and correct some wrongs with this Snyder cut. I've been seeing positive stuff online and I'm looking forward to watching it this week. 

Plan on watching it myself. Just need to carve out 4 hours of time...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Probably a decent chunk late, but some interesting and weird flicks have come out this year.

DBS Super Hero was great, some people had issues with it, but overall I loved what they were able to do with both

Gohan and Piccolo, Pan too, as the show shouldn't always be the Goku and Vegeta show. GT is the textbook example of that, at least in Goku's regard. The animation was visually inspired too, as the new 3-D perspective was a great addition to make the world pop out more to the viewer and provide new perspectives and camera angles in various scenes, that 2-D would struggle more with.

Bob's Burgers was great too, they put a lot of work into and it shows there too, as the story very much fit in with the shows' mythos over the years, bringing back concepts and ideas from the various seasons in different and impactful ways. The writers didn't just stitch something together to me, they tried to make it fit in with the show, and it really shows.

The Batman, that was an impressive film too, it felt more Noirish than a typical Batman movie to me, but it has its own appeal and works well with it. The only problem with it, is that it will take more time to expand outward, to really get into things, probably not a problem depending on how you see it, but that's my take.

The Munsters, by Rob Zombie, is a toss up for me though, it looks okay, save for much of the teaser scenes, but overall, its low budget might not work in its favor. The Munsters really are kind of a niche 60's staple, something that fits only within a certain context, they have tried at least a few times to revive or reboot the concept into modern times but all of which have been met with mixed results. Throwing Zombie in the mix, eh, it could not pan out as well or as successfully as they might think. Zombie is a wild card, and pairing him with The Munsters, is an even wilder proposition, in spite of how much of a fan he is of the original work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 8:27 PM, Z451 said:

Probably a decent chunk late, but some interesting and weird flicks have come out this year.

DBS Super Hero was great, some people had issues with it, but overall I loved what they were able to do with both

Gohan and Piccolo, Pan too, as the show shouldn't always be the Goku and Vegeta show. GT is the textbook example of that, at least in Goku's regard. The animation was visually inspired too, as the new 3-D perspective was a great addition to make the world pop out more to the viewer and provide new perspectives and camera angles in various scenes, that 2-D would struggle more with.

I will say this is a movie that has to be seen to properly judge its art style. I hated it when I saw the trailer but in theaters, it was a sight to behold for sure.