Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

TV

videogameman

• 6 years later...
  • 2 months later...

So I've been home sick with the 'Rona this past week, and it's given me time to catch up on some shows:

The Mandalorian: I thought it was pretty good. Like a solid 6/10. The effects were nice, some of the stories were fun, it's biggest problem is that it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a syndicated story-of-the-week style western, or a narrative-driven show about Mando and Baby Yoda, so half the episodes felt weak and pointless. The show also felt a bit formulaic after a bit. Pretty good, didn't love it.

Russian Doll: I really liked this show. An interesting take on the Groundhog's Day premise. It was funny, it had memorable characters, it was a unique premise for a show, and it was the perfect length. Like a solid 8/10 from me. 

That new Disney+ Muppet Show: Good lord, was this bad. They added something to each segment to make it suck. Prime example is the Swedish Chef's segment. His segments are funny because he's an unintelligible lunatic causing mayhem in a kitchen. However, in the new show, they added another muppet and a celebrity guest to draw attention away from the actual funny parts. It was like that with every segment. Walter isn't an interesting or funny character, and Piggy has always been best in a support role in my eyes, but they're both front and center with this new show. It was just a pilot, so it is what it is. Hopefully it gets better as they find their footing, but golly this wasn't it.

Tokyo Ghoul: One of the shows I'm currently working on. Really good so far.

12 Monkeys: Another one I'm currently working on. It tends to drag a lot, but it has some interesting stuff in it.

Avatar the Last Airbender: Rewatching this for the second time since it came out on Netflix. God I love this show. 10/10

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

The Mandalorian: I thought it was pretty good. Like a solid 6/10. The effects were nice, some of the stories were fun, it's biggest problem is that it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a syndicated story-of-the-week style western, or a narrative-driven show about Mando and Baby Yoda, so half the episodes felt weak and pointless. The show also felt a bit formulaic after a bit. Pretty good, didn't love it.

I'm a big Star Wars fan, but even I had the same thoughts. It was a bit story-of-the-week and I didn't care for certain plots.

2 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Russian Doll: I really liked this show. An interesting take on the Groundhog's Day premise. It was funny, it had memorable characters, it was a unique premise for a show, and it was the perfect length. Like a solid 8/10 from me. 

Watched it when it came out. Me and my wife love it. So well written!

I just finished binging Umbrella Academy season 2. Really liked it.

• 2 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:47 AM, patrickthekid said:

It's the end of Agents of Shield this week. It's crazy it lasted as long as it did.

I love the show. Haven't gotten past season 5 I think. They're in space from my memory.

How does everyone feel about the Marvel Netflix shows? I just finished Punisher S02 and all I have left is Jessica Jones S03. Personally, I love them as a whole but they weren't everything they could have been. Some real let downs like the Defenders season and Iron Fist season 1.

16 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I love the show. Haven't gotten past season 5 I think. They're in space from my memory.

How does everyone feel about the Marvel Netflix shows? I just finished Punisher S02 and all I have left is Jessica Jones S03. Personally, I love them as a whole but they weren't everything they could have been. Some real let downs like the Defenders season and Iron Fist season 1.

I still need to watch Punisher season 2. Don't know why I've waited either, because I absolutely loved the first season.

14 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I still need to watch Punisher season 2. Don't know why I've waited either, because I absolutely loved the first season.

It's a rocky first few episodes but the characters grow on you and the action is really well done. If you liked the first season, then I recommend you watch the second. It's worth your time.

7 minutes ago, patrickthekid said:

Season 1 Daredevil was straight up the best superhero season I've ever watched. It's a shame it couldn't match that quality after that. I still can't believe they found a way to make the Hand boring.

They really did make some weird decisions in the second and third seasons. The first season was the best though, I agree. The show only dropped in quality with each season after.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

Why I was hesitant to add him, too bad there's not an edit character name button. 

I was hesitant too, but after giving it some thought. I think people are still going to call him either Baby Yoda or the Child. It is what he has been called for a while now. While his real name is significant and may change everything, I believe those nick names are not going away. I think many will still associate the Child or Baby Yoda with that character

Just now, Fox said:

This functionality will be added in December. Yep.

Awesome! 

I hope no one abuses it though, renaming characters they don't like etc. Ignore me I'm sure most of us aren't that petty on this little community.