Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 4

Fox

5 minutes ago, corvette1710 said:

Beta Ray Bill is planetary.

Rebirth Lobo is probably fine but not that good. N52 Lobo is a ton of scaling and not much else, probably fine for the tier if you don't look at his scaling too hard. PC Lobo is probably too strong for his positive scaling over PC Superman. Technically, due to DC canon shenanigans in the last couple years, most notably Doomsday Clock, these are all the same character.

N52 Captain Atom no-sells a citybusting beam from Firelord and is a big time matter/reality manipulator. PC Captain Atom is maybe in tier? He has a lot of feats, you can look over them here. The Doomsday Clock thing also applies to him as far as I'm aware.

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

They're all planetary, Captain Atom is a bit above the paygrade of the rest. Lobo is Stellar, Beta Ray Bill is Planetary to Galaxy+ level, Captain Atom is universe level.

OK thanks

Yes, these seem to be powerful beyond the level of the slot.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

I was under the impression she was below superman, more at the Wonder Woman level.

Is that wrong?

Gonna be 100% honest, I don't know. I just remember in the old JL show she was stronger than Supergirl, who has Superman's powers, but she might not be that powerful

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Gonna be 100% honest, I don't know. I just remember in the old JL show she was stronger than Supergirl, who has Superman's powers, but she might not be that powerful

Pretty sure she has a big weakness to magic just like Supes, too. Anyone bringing a magic-centric character into the slot would certainly be a challenge for her I guess.

4 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Whoever took White Rabbit can eat my shorts. Needed her for team synergy.

Sorry about that. Felt the same way when I saw Kazuya Mishima was chosen, but purely because he is my favorite rather than any creative synergy reasons. Really didn't think White Rabbit would be on anyone else's radar.

1 hour ago, corvette1710 said:

Beta Ray Bill is planetary.

Rebirth Lobo is probably fine but not that good. N52 Lobo is a ton of scaling and not much else, probably fine for the tier if you don't look at his scaling too hard. PC Lobo is probably too strong for his positive scaling over PC Superman. Technically, due to DC canon shenanigans in the last couple years, most notably Doomsday Clock, these are all the same character.

N52 Captain Atom no-sells a citybusting beam from Firelord and is a big time matter/reality manipulator. PC Captain Atom is maybe in tier? He has a lot of feats, you can look over them here. The Doomsday Clock thing also applies to him as far as I'm aware.

Captain Atom was my choice. Did not realize he was this powerful. Of course, my only reference is the JLU cartoon where he put up a decent fight briefly against Superman before getting beat down. Fairly certain my second choice will be a lot more straightforward.

9 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

To be fair, the show versions of those characters would all be fine probably. It's comics super family I would worry about, but I admit I don't know too much about Power Girl

18 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

Sorry about that. Felt the same way when I saw Kazuya Mishima was chosen, but purely because he is my favorite rather than any creative synergy reasons. Really didn't think White Rabbit would be on anyone else's radar.

All good man. Just had to do a little googling to make my team concept come together.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

No does not have to be armed.  Like, "MacGyver" could be a potential candidate for that slot.

macgyver GIF by CBS

Ah, good to know, thanks.

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Fortunately, I've been catching up on JLU this year. :) 

Actually, that was Galatea, who was like an evil expy of Power Girl and clone of Supergirl. At the time of the two girls' last confrontation, Supergirl was about 1/2 as strong as Superman, and Galatea was definitely stronger than her, so I'd put Galatea's strength somewhere between the two heroes.

4 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

So when will this season start?

As soon as I allow it. >:)

But yeah, likely as soon as everyone fills out their rosters.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

The teams look good.

So when will this season start?

Next weekend.  The draft period is usually a week to get all the people who want a team in.

Now I have to come up with all the custom battle "terrain" scenarios for different slots.  Like the scenarios the "Pets slot" wills use in their battles, etc.

Edit...

You know, as long as @DSkillz manages to draft a Team in the next few days. 😇

• Haha 1

I have had to deny a lot of characters in various slots.

I just want to thank folks for being a sport about it and finding different characters that fit the spirit of the Slot better.

Very cool of you all.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OMFG said:

Fox, can we submit ideas for scenarios?

That way we can help 🤪

Please do! I'm all ears.  You know what the battle terrain or scenario images look like.

Example from the Horror category last season:
horror_target_ghost_busters.jpg

I'm looking for scenario ideas in these Season Four slots.

SLOT 2: The Team's Worst Villain!

These would be challenges (possibly humorous) for failed villains.  Could be anything really, as long as it makes sense for a LOL-Villain.

Example: Kidnap Lois Lane and keep her hidden for 24 hours without getting caught.

SLOT 6: The Team's Greatest Liability

These would be challenges (possibly humorous) for characters that have no survival skills but possibly communication and charisma skills.

Examples:

- Be the character that survives 24 hours in Jurassic Park. Or survives Jigsaw's traps ("Saw" franchise).

- Be the character that gets the best price on a used vehicle for the team.

SLOT 7: The Team Pet

These are Pet / Animal related challenges.  This is a bit tricky since there's such a wide swing in the types of the animals people have chosen.  Also, someone chose Krypto, so none of the challenges can be accomplished by Powers since Krypto would dominate the slot.

There you go!  Let me know your ideas.

9 minutes ago, Fox said:

These are Pet / Animal related challenges.  This is a bit tricky since there's such a wide swing in the types of the animals people have chosen.  Also, someone chose Krypto, so none of the challenges can be accomplished by Powers since Krypto would dominate the slot.

I see you're calling me out :D

They could do challenges like fetch, or volleyball or ball or soccer. Or best in show? Something like a dogshow?

Tug of war would be fun for this category. I think an obvious challenge would be either a foot race or an eating challenge. Hide and seek challenge?

17 minutes ago, Fox said:

These would be challenges (possibly humorous) for characters that have no survival skills but possibly communication and charisma skills.

Examples:

- Be the character that survives 24 hours in Jurassic Park. Or survives Jigsaw's traps ("Saw" franchise).

Which character can steal the Declaration of Independence?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox said:

I have had to deny a lot of characters in various slots.

I just want to thank folks for being a sport about it and finding different characters that fit the spirit of the Slot better.

Very cool of you all.

Really appreciate all the effort you went to keeping this as fair and on track as possible. Even though I had a few characters I needed to replace I'm really happy with how everything is looking.

Though I am a little disappointed I lost Pussy Galore. The name alone made her a perfect addition to my team.

19 minutes ago, Fox said:

SLOT 2: The Team's Worst Villain!

These would be challenges (possibly humorous) for failed villains.  Could be anything really, as long as it makes sense for a LOL-Villain.

Example: Kidnap Lois Lane and keep her hidden for 24 hours without getting caught.

Seduce the Batman.

21 minutes ago, Fox said:

Examples:

Be the cause of a major TV couple's breakup. Like breaking up Ross and Rachel(Friends) or Eric and Donna(That 70's Show)

22 minutes ago, Fox said:

Get adopted by a celebrity. Competition could take place in a Hollywood pet store, with pets competing for the affection of an extremely vapid celebrity, like Paris Hilton or the Kardashians.

• Like 1

Pet Challenge:

Talent Show competition, which pet can win the blue ribbon at a talent show?

Team's Worst Villain:

Infiltrate Mission: Which of these villains can get the farthest into the Batcave without getting caught?

Prison Escape: Who can go the farthest in escaping out of Arkham Asylum?

Team's Greatest Liability:

Marathon - Who can run the longest in a marathon, can anyone complete it?

• Like 1