Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 4

Fox

4 hours ago, DSkillz said:

As of right now, there are twenty teams in this Draft.

This just might get very interesting, especially if the drafters stick up for their picks.

And the draft is now closed.  That's a lot of teams!

I just need to finish making images on Saturday.

OK, Season 4,  Round one is here.

And wow, that is a lot of matches, huh?

I tried to get each team into Three match-ups, but after this it will be back to Two per team.  It's almost too many to evaluate.

Also, it doesn't quite work out evenly.  There's a couple teams that  got too many matches this time and will get less next round.

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

How do voting rules work out here? Is it just your most recent vote that gets tallied?

Like, if someone makes a really persuasive argument and changes my mind about who to vote for after I've voted, does my old vote disappear?

I honestly haven't looked at the code that handles votes in 7 years.

Let's see...

...time passes...

... It allows votes from members who have an account and by non-members by I.P. Address.  SO random people on the Internet can vote in the matches.

In any event, no, your old vote doesn't disappear.  It's purely an additive system and, as you can tell from the above, it's also kind of a loose system.

All that said, I think there's a bug in it and it prefers to assume everyone is Non-Members right now.  And it's probable that for the purposes of Fantasy Draft matches we would prefer only Members vote.

I guess I'll have to look into this.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently a Round runs for 3 days with the voting available.  72 hours, round-abouts.

I'm thinking of shortening rounds to 2 days.  Seems like most people check in and have something to say about the matches and vote over 2 days.

What do you guys think?

59 minutes ago, Fox said:

Currently a Round runs for 3 days with the voting available.  72 hours, round-abouts.

I'm thinking of shortening rounds to 2 days.  Seems like most people check in and have something to say about the matches and vote over 2 days.

What do you guys think?

I'm not opposed to it. It already seems rapid fire but it might be excluding some people. For instance, there are a few that wait to vote until the debate is over. I'm not sure shortening it by a day will really affect that but it's something to think about.

42 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

I'm not opposed to it. It already seems rapid fire but it might be excluding some people. For instance, there are a few that wait to vote until the debate is over. I'm not sure shortening it by a day will really affect that but it's something to think about.

Oh, ok.  Just asking.

If 3 days feels right, then that's all good.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

What do you guys think?

It maybe best to let the matches run for three days as it give members enough time to give them a brake before replying to the next fights.

Edit: I see you already made a decision.

I was thinking it might make sense to do a small playoff style "post season" instead of the single final we had last season. Just the top 4 teams probably, but I think that could make winning less about just luck and a little more about who really has the best overall team.

11 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I was thinking it might make sense to do a small playoff style "post season" instead of the single final we had last season. Just the top 4 teams probably, but I think that could make winning less about just luck and a little more about who really has the best overall team.

Oh I like that. Like a mini tournament